Rants & Raves

A BIG RANT to all the drivers on the roads July 31 during the rainstorm driving without their headlights on! I drive with my lights on during the rainstorms so that you can see me. Please drive with your lights on so that I might see you!

WATCHING TRINITY Hospital self-destruct at the hands of management – I feel for the employees. I have one word of advice for you. Unionize!

EVEN THOUGH WE are pulling our troops out of Afghanistan by the end of 2014 we are still talking about having a residual force stay there indefinitely. I think enough is enough. We have lost too many of our people in this long, drawn-out “war.” Why would we want to support Karzai, who has grown very rich off of us, and his corrupt government any longer?

IF REPUBLICANS ARE dumb enough to nominate a radical fringe extremist like Rand Paul in 2016, then we all better get used to hearing the words “President Hillary Clinton.”

I HAVE A RAVE for Dr. J. Ronald Jowers. He’s an excellent “Old School” doctor. He has a great bedside manner. He really listens to his patients and cares about them as well! Thanks, Dr. Jowers, for all you do! It doesn’t go unnoticed!

A RANT TO THE letter writer who claimed he was an independent and then skewered Obama with a pack of lies. Independent – my foot.

MARTIN WAS TALLER, younger, stronger and faster then Zimmerman. He beat him to the ground, held him down with his own weight and was bashing his head into concrete. I am 59 years old. Someone like that has beat me down, and bashing my head into concrete is going to make me deathly afraid for my life. Yes, if I had a gun or even a knife I could get my hands on, I would use that to protect myself. If the offender dies in my struggle to protect myself, I was rightfully defending myself regardless of the race of either party. End of story. Get over it. If you say you wouldn’t do the very same thing, I suggest you might be telling a lie.

nocnoc
nocnoc 08/10/13 - 05:53 pm
So Rand Paul in 2016

scares Liberals and Democrats? ummmmmmmm!
I guess I need to look at his voting record a little deeper.

Thank you for the heads up.

BTW: anytime the opposite political side offers me voting assistance I have to wonder why they are helping me?

nocnoc
nocnoc 08/10/13 - 05:55 pm
YES I agree for the hopefully LAST time.

"End of story. Get over it."

nocnoc
nocnoc 08/10/13 - 06:00 pm
What say you AC Readers?

PLEASE NO VOTES Up or Down
Just mention it in your comments?

QUESTION:
Would you like the AC to run a Voting Poll to see if readers are tired of the continuous TM/GZ stories and R&R's ?

Little Lamb
Little Lamb 08/10/13 - 08:22 pm

I think the R&Rs should represent what the Chronicle employees want to run. We in the public sphere do not know from what they have to choose.

corgimom
corgimom 08/10/13 - 08:37 pm
I am begging the AC to stop

I am begging the AC to stop running articles, LTE's, etc on the recent court trial in Florida. All of you know what I mean, I refuse to utter or write the names anymore.

I urge people to join me in this, there is nothing of interest left to be said.

Little Lamb
Little Lamb 08/10/13 - 09:38 pm
Continually Observed Police State

I was re-reading some of the comments from last Tuesday's editorial where The Chronicle editorial staff came out against Fred Russell's proposal to set up a Continually Observed Police State (COPS) district downtown paid for by a special property tax on parcel owners downtown. Our friend Countyman made this comment:

The majority of suburbs have less poverty compared to the main county.

Does anyone think that comment is helpful to the discussion?

Riverman1
Riverman1 08/10/13 - 09:39 pm
Person Mad At Co-worker

"DEAR UNIVERSITY Hospital employee who works in a division of the IT who is constantly rude to other employees, constantly complains about her workload ... please take the time to read this and know that this is about you, and everyone around you knows this is about you, too."

I find interesting these rants that attack a coworker or boss. I mean you have to REALLY hate the person to come after them this way where you identify the workplace. I imagine it's kind of funny to you watching the person trying to figure out who's slamming.

Wouldn't it be more constructive to tell the person face to face and see what happens? I suspect you have your own problems in the office and are trying to deflect the responsibility.

Riverman1
Riverman1 08/10/13 - 09:49 pm
LL, that's a Countyman

LL, that's a Countyman nonsequiter if I ever saw one.

KSL
KSL 08/10/13 - 11:54 pm
The best thing is not to

The best thing is not to comment on the letters or comments.

Young Fred
Young Fred 08/11/13 - 04:06 am
Riverman1, re: person mad at coworker

Consider this: A big corporation with many employees, many of them women. Enough said.

shrimp for breakfast
shrimp for breakfast 08/11/13 - 06:33 am
Corgimom

I have no idea what you're talking about. wink, wink
I agree.

shrimp for breakfast
shrimp for breakfast 08/11/13 - 06:37 am
Travon Matin, George Zimmernan

blah blah,blah blah blah blah,blah blah blah blah,blah blah blah blah,blah blah blah blah,blah blah blah blah,blah blah blah blah,blah blah blah blah,blah blah blah blah,blah blah blah blah,blah blah
And that's all I'm ever going to say on the subject.

storiesihaveread
storiesihaveread 08/11/13 - 08:59 am
DEAR UNIVERSITY CO-Worker

I love my job!!!

Riverman1
Riverman1 08/11/13 - 09:00 am
Sean Moores said Sylvia's

Sean Moores said Sylvia's column this Sunday would discuss the Andrew MacKenzie and black commissioners confrontation the other night. I'm not saying he wasn't right, but first we have to find her City Ink column for this week. It's missing.

daphne3520
daphne3520 08/11/13 - 09:53 am
First Rant: Is it not a LAW that headlights must be used during

rain? Last Rant: Keep on trolling!!!!!!

Augustaisdying
Augustaisdying 08/11/13 - 11:20 am
City Ink

Riverman1, I was able to pull the following up using the search function, but clicking on it just led to a list of links starting with last week's column. If this is from this week's column, she apparently wrote it, but this is all we can get to:

"...politicians were barbecuing ribs instead of the city attorney and each other, it would have...Wayne Guilfoyle for doing business with the city. Saturday, May 11, 2013 We don't...child was left brain dead. Augusta is a city of incongruities. It's the Garden City..."

Sweet son
Sweet son 08/11/13 - 01:35 pm
Everyone is right about Martin vs Zimmerman! It is over!

The story to keep talking about is the three black boys pounding the younger white boy on the bus!

Little Lamb
Little Lamb 08/11/13 - 01:46 pm
Hush, Hush

Yeah, RM, I was hoping we could learn something, but Sylvia took vacation this week. The story on WRDW quoted Alvin Mason saying that MacKenzie did not get him the information he requested; but it would be helpful to know what exactly Mason wanted and what MacKenzie's rationale was for not getting the requested information. It could be that MacKenzie is not doing his job, or it could be that Mason was asking for something that should rightfully have come from another department. We still don't have any information to sort out.

Likewise, the WRDW story had Marion Williams claiming in open meeting that MacKenzie lied to him, but, once again, we don't have any information about what the substance of the alleged lie was. There is plenty of information that the public should know.

If Mason, Williams, and MacKenzie all stonewall the press and refuse to answer reporters’ questions, we should know that. These city officials are public servants and should answer questions about their jobs.

An investigative reporter could start questioning ordinary city employees under confidentiality agreements to get the information.

Darby
Darby 08/11/13 - 02:04 pm
"IF REPUBLICANS ARE dumb enough to

You just might be right, but on the other hand, Democrats were dumb enough to nominate a radical fringe extremist like Barry OzBama in 2008, and look what it did for them.

Darby
Darby 08/11/13 - 02:22 pm
".........blah blah blah blah,blah blah

And that's all I'm ever going to say on the subject."

Okay, I believe you... But I won't make the same promise.

Every time (until they go away forever) that some mind numbed race-baiting reprobate mentions Zimmerman getting away with "murder" or "belonging in jail" I'm gonna hit back on the dope smoking, thuggish street punk who ambushed and assaulted him and got what he deserved.

The best defense, after all, is a better offense. It's time, after about fifty years of this, to draw a firm hard line in the sand.

If we stop hearing from "them" you won't hear from me.

AutumnLeaves
AutumnLeaves 08/11/13 - 02:31 pm
I agree with Corgimom

I agree with Corgimom regarding "that" trial.

dstewartsr
20389
dstewartsr 08/11/13 - 05:03 pm
A month-old verdict

... kept alive by racists still persists on the daily R&R, while the baby shot in the face in his stroller and killed... yawn. The young white boy beaten by three black thugs... rampant apathy.

Now we have the parents of a two year old killed in cold blood and their child abducted by a black man... and what's NOT leading on all the "news" broadcasts?

((My guess: The media are waiting until they can find a middle school yearbook picture of the thug who looks like you-know-who's child.))

Young Fred
Young Fred 08/11/13 - 06:04 pm
Why dstewartsr, don't ya know

Why dstewartsr, don't ya know if the mere color were reversed this would be headline news!?

Isn't funny (sad) that pigment shades determines the "placement" of news?

TrulyWorried
TrulyWorried 08/11/13 - 06:38 pm
Solution

Everybody return to the original countries they came from - that would leave this country to the Indians which were here for eternity!!!
No more squabbles, no more killings, no more racial strife.

Young Fred
Young Fred 08/11/13 - 07:16 pm
TrulyWorried

You must not be "up much" on the history of Indians.

dstewartsr
20389
dstewartsr 08/11/13 - 07:27 pm
TW, I guess I get to stay

... as I come from the Micmac people. For those who've never heard of us, we are the tribes who had the first immigration policy for white settlers and had the good sense to run off the Vikings. Unfortunately, like modern Americans, our southern brethren did not have the good sense to do the same with those uninvited hordes who followed centuries later.

Darby
Darby 08/11/13 - 11:38 pm
"Everybody return to the original countries

they came from - that would leave this country to the Indians which were here for eternity!!!"

How do people come up with stuff like that? Oh wait, I forgot. Public, government run schools.

The "Indians", some like to call them native Americans, weren't "native" at all. DNA science now confirms that our heretofore "original" Americans are a mix of Hispanic/Iberian European because when they (Indians) crossed the Bering Straits and arrived in America they encountered the actual first Americans, (Europeans) who had already been here better than three thousand years. (At least that's what anthropologists are teaching in our colleges now.)

If true, then old Chris Columbus was really late to the party.

"No more squabbles, no more killings, no more racial strife."

Yeah, like NONE of that was going on in Europe or Asia for the last two or three thousand years, right?

Like I said, public/government schools are gonna be the death of us.

Search of alleged dealer's home found drugs, firearms