Rants & Raves

Comments from readers:

WHAT IS JUDGE Blanchard thinking? Adrian Hargrove is a convicted child abuser and this won’t be allowed as information at his trial for murdering four people?! But two girls from Scott Dean’s past are allowed to testify against him for something they say happened 25 years ago at a slumber party. What is our justice system coming to?

MANY OF OUR so-called “bums” are actually fellow citizens who have some form of mental illness. Offering support to them through our state psychiatric hospital and its employees who are serving more and more of your friends and family members each day is a great way to improve our community.

A RANT TO THOSE seeking to overturn Stand Your Ground laws because of Zimmerman. More blacks have used Stand Your Ground as a defense in Florida than whites, and used it more successfully. This is a law that has helped blacks defend themselves!

YOU WANT SPECIFICS as to justice for Trayvon: Zimmerman should have been charged with stalking, harassment, illegal attempt at policing that had nothing to really do with neighborhood watch, disregarding police instruction and willfully creating the situation where HE caused Trayvon’s death. His word alone should NEVER have been taken for 40 plus days before the police investigated.

WASN’T IT FLORIDA and Alabama who went to the courts to demand more water from Georgia? Well, now’s the time to give it to them from the extra swollen lakes and dams. Give NOW!

THE GANGSTA/THUG look so carefully cultivated by some in our society is designed to cause fear. They want to be feared; it is part of the whole persona. It works. I am afraid. I am afraid for my wife and unborn child and for my house and the things I have worked so hard to earn. Change how you behave and we’ll have far fewer Trayvons.

TO THE PERSON who stole my canned vegetables off my front porch, you could’ve at least knocked on the door and asked if you could have them if you were hungry. I hope you get sick from eating them.

I DO NOT LIVE ON Shoreline Drive or in Hammond Ferry in North Augusta but I am not at all in favor of the baseball stadium and parking deck proposed by Project Jackson. I think there will be negative environmental consequences and I think the beauty of the area will be destroyed.

corgimom
corgimom 07/28/13 - 10:00 am
If you don't want a ticket,

If you don't want a ticket, if you don't want to be put in jail, don't break any laws.

Isn't that an easy concept?

corgimom
corgimom 07/28/13 - 10:05 am
Scott Dean, the DAIDEST horse

Scott Dean, the DAIDEST horse in the CSRA

nocnoc
nocnoc 07/28/13 - 10:06 am
Next time you accidentally

Next time you accidentally touch or across over a right edge white line and are tagged for "Failure to Maintain Lane" or Burnt out headlamp or tail lamps, remember those words.

BTW: My travel box has extra low beam and tail lamp blubs just in case.
Otherwise you can be arrested and the vehicle towed now a days.

Lakeside95 07/28/13 - 11:40 am
Daidest

CorgiMom... What do you mean?

RoadkiII
RoadkiII 07/28/13 - 12:09 pm
Stand Your Ground

What about people like me who are no longer able to run? Am I supposed to just give in and give up? Methinks I had rather be tried by 12 than carried by 6. I will stand my ground.

If you need to have the tried by 12 or carried by 6 explained to you, please turn in you voter card.

daphne3520
daphne3520 07/28/13 - 12:10 pm
RoadkiII
RoadkiII 07/28/13 - 01:21 pm
Flybys etc

As I am watching the opening ceremonies for the Brickyard 400 I am reminded just how stupid Congress can be. If you remember Congress recently banned flybys at sporting events. What most people don't understand is that almost all of the time the pilots used needed flying hours to maintain their flying status. The flybys were training missions which were coordinated to coincide with the singing of the National Anthem. Point is, the pilots and planes are still logging the hours they just aren't seen anymore. Another useless decision by our "leaders". For some reason an ostrich comes to mind.

Little Lamb
Little Lamb 07/28/13 - 02:16 pm
Flybys

Did Congress ban the flybys because they were fearful there would be crashes and the fans sitting in the stands would be killed?

Or, if it's the sequester you're talking about; Congress did not specify how the cuts were to be made. That's done by the Executive Branch.

Little Lamb
Little Lamb 07/28/13 - 05:07 pm

RK, for posting that link to the source of your previous comment. The story shows that it is the Executive Branch that made the decision to curtail air shows as a response to the budget cuts. That is what managers have to do—decide where to cut when money is tight. They could have cut something else and kept the flybys, but someone is going to feel some constriction. Personally, I'm wearing my belt in a tighter hole, and it is feeling pretty good to have lost six pounds.

A good thing for Congress to do would be to tighten the cuts another 4% for fiscal year 2014. Across the board cuts are good enough when you've got a congress that will not abolish one single government program or agency, when we all know there are some that could dry up and fade away and no one would no the difference.

AutumnLeaves
AutumnLeaves 07/28/13 - 06:20 pm
Why do posts that are

Why do posts that are already proven to be false statements regarding Zimmerman's case keep getting posted in the Rants and Raves. It is just going to continue to misinform those who don't bother to research things themselves. Zimmerman did not disobey police instruction. Dispatch is not police instruction; he was advised not to follow Trayvon by the dispatch operator. Dispatch is NOT law enforcement. Dispatch is not police authority. They are advising, not ordering, they do NOT have the authority to order him to do or not do something. How many times does that have to be repeated?

Little Lamb
Little Lamb 07/28/13 - 06:23 pm
Pity

Some folks continue to believe what others have told them and what they have built up in their minds regardless of the facts, AutumnLeaves. We just have to pity them and let their cries die down into whimpers over the days and weeks ahead.

Morning wreck slows traffic

Expect delays at Peach Orchard Road near Bobby Jones Expressway after a wreck involving an 18-wheeler.