Rants & Raves

Comments from readers:

WHAT IS JUDGE Blanchard thinking? Adrian Hargrove is a convicted child abuser and this won’t be allowed as information at his trial for murdering four people?! But two girls from Scott Dean’s past are allowed to testify against him for something they say happened 25 years ago at a slumber party. What is our justice system coming to?

MANY OF OUR so-called “bums” are actually fellow citizens who have some form of mental illness. Offering support to them through our state psychiatric hospital and its employees who are serving more and more of your friends and family members each day is a great way to improve our community.

A RANT TO THOSE seeking to overturn Stand Your Ground laws because of Zimmerman. More blacks have used Stand Your Ground as a defense in Florida than whites, and used it more successfully. This is a law that has helped blacks defend themselves!

YOU WANT SPECIFICS as to justice for Trayvon: Zimmerman should have been charged with stalking, harassment, illegal attempt at policing that had nothing to really do with neighborhood watch, disregarding police instruction and willfully creating the situation where HE caused Trayvon’s death. His word alone should NEVER have been taken for 40 plus days before the police investigated.

WASN’T IT FLORIDA and Alabama who went to the courts to demand more water from Georgia? Well, now’s the time to give it to them from the extra swollen lakes and dams. Give NOW!

THE GANGSTA/THUG look so carefully cultivated by some in our society is designed to cause fear. They want to be feared; it is part of the whole persona. It works. I am afraid. I am afraid for my wife and unborn child and for my house and the things I have worked so hard to earn. Change how you behave and we’ll have far fewer Trayvons.

TO THE PERSON who stole my canned vegetables off my front porch, you could’ve at least knocked on the door and asked if you could have them if you were hungry. I hope you get sick from eating them.

I DO NOT LIVE ON Shoreline Drive or in Hammond Ferry in North Augusta but I am not at all in favor of the baseball stadium and parking deck proposed by Project Jackson. I think there will be negative environmental consequences and I think the beauty of the area will be destroyed.

CobaltGeorge
CobaltGeorge 07/27/13 - 08:36 pm
With Or Without

a "Stand Your Ground Law" I really don't care. Place any member of my family, wife or me with possible bodily injury and that law, existing or not will become the law.

CobaltGeorge
CobaltGeorge 07/27/13 - 08:40 pm
@4

Sure looks like one of our daily posters got his rant posted in the R&R's.

CobaltGeorge
CobaltGeorge 07/27/13 - 08:43 pm
@5

Go a month without rain and you will be singing a different tone.

CobaltGeorge
CobaltGeorge 07/27/13 - 08:44 pm
CobaltGeorge
CobaltGeorge 07/27/13 - 08:48 pm
Plan Ahead

You know what to do with the "Next" batch of canned vegetables you placed on your porch.

CobaltGeorge
CobaltGeorge 07/27/13 - 08:51 pm
I Don't Live In North Augusta

but I think you are wrong with your assessment of "I think there will be negative environmental consequences and I think the beauty of the area will be destroyed."

I think the area to be used would look a lot better than it does now. JMO.

Little Lamb
Little Lamb 07/27/13 - 09:11 pm
Rant #4

Here is what he posted:

George Zimmerman’s word alone should NEVER have been taken for 40 plus days before the police investigated.

Excuse me, but Stanton police investigated immediately. They came to the correct conclusion that Geo. Zimmerman acted in self defense and, thus, the homicide was justifiable. It was only the meddling special prosecutor, called in by the Governor of Florida in panicked response to the Justice Brothers’ extortion squad, that trumped up the false charge after 40 days.

The jury saw through the kangaroo indictment and rendered the correct verdict.

Riverman1
82079
Riverman1 07/27/13 - 09:38 pm
Who Stole the Canned Tomatoes Off the Porch?

I’m trying to visualize these canned vegetables on the front porch. The whole thing reminds me of Erskine Caldwell’s story, Savannah River Payday. Tomatoes in Mason jars I imagine. Then there are the thieves stealthily putting them in a croker sack probably. They get back to the hideout and each of them opens a jar and sips on the stewed tomatoes while smoking Camels and playing poker. Mad as the person was who canned the tomatoes they better not eat anything left out there in the future. No telling what will be in it.

Little Lamb
Little Lamb 07/27/13 - 09:53 pm
Drivers

When the Spanish government released the video of the deadly train crash, I watched it around lunchtime on Fox News. The video was dramatic, but I was puzzled by the cute blonde Fox news reader’s use of term “driver” when she described the person at the controls. Then the next morning I heard the NPR news reader use the same term. On Saturday I read in the Chronicle print edition an Associated Press story on the investigation and reporter Claran Giles told us that the "driver" has been arrested.

I really got confused at mid-day on Saturday when Fox News changed the terminology. They reported that the "conductor" was at the controls and likely going too fast for the curve.

Whatever happened to the term "engineer"? I thought it was the engineer who is in control of the train. I always thought the "drivers" were the wheels attached to the rods from the pistons. But what do I know?

RunningMan
RunningMan 07/27/13 - 09:53 pm
GANGSTA/THUG

Seems just like the KKK back in the days and even now. I will take the GANGSTA/THUGs any day.

Riverman1
82079
Riverman1 07/27/13 - 09:56 pm
I thought the conductor rode

I thought the conductor rode in the red caboose. Then there was the fireman who was featherbedded for decades by the unions.

JRC2024
JRC2024 07/27/13 - 09:59 pm
YOU WANT SPECIFICS as to

And how do you know that? Look into his history at school that was never reported-Stealing and drugs. Caught with stolen jewlery in his back pack. The media just did not report this. The jury saw through all the propaganda and demonstrations. It is now over so forget it and try to help others do better in their life.

nocnoc
nocnoc 07/27/13 - 10:06 pm
According to a AC News article

We may have had a Stand Your Ground shooting last night.

The original story indicated RCSO & Witnesses cleared the shooter of any wrong doing and the RCSO did not arrest him for what appeared to be a JUSTIFIED self protection action.

For "some reason" the Paper neglected to publish if this was a White man shooting a Black criminal (WOB), or a Black shooting a Black (BOB) criminal.

CobaltGeorge
CobaltGeorge 07/27/13 - 10:48 pm
Time To Hit The Sack

Before I do, would like to share something for all those that can work but are too dependent on the easy road of the King SMNCICBHO(M) way of living.

Nothing you can say can justify your lazy life.

(copy & paste in address bar)

Lakeside95 07/27/13 - 11:15 pm
Judge Blanchard

Blanchard seems to have issues with several cases that have come to his courtroom.

It does seem odd that a conviction for a 'similar transaction' would be inadmissible yet the unproven, un-investigated accusation from 20 years ago was perfectly admissible.

I hope everyone who has ever played doctor, spent 7 Minutes in Heaven or Spun the Bottle is as worried & scared as you should be.

Oh & to the 7th grade boy who kissed me by surprise at a school dance....its ok I won't be prosecuting!

Young Fred
Young Fred 07/28/13 - 03:10 am
MANY OF OUR so-called “bums”

Yes, and many are just slackers!

How do you define “many”? Some need help, while some need a good kick in the rear! The question is how many are “legit” in their need, and how many are just users?

Young Fred
Young Fred 07/28/13 - 03:22 am
Canned Vega's

You've got to be some kind of hard up to steal a can of green beans!

Of course it could have been a can of hops and johns - in which case I'd be thinking about sicking "Max" ( one half dober, and one half who knows?) on them.

Just kidding, if you've got gnads enough to come up on my porch and steel, go for it.

Then again, I don't normally store food on my porch!

KSL
KSL 07/28/13 - 05:10 am
Heres to botulism!

Heres to botulism!

KSL
KSL 07/28/13 - 05:20 am
My daughter in law's mom has

My daughter in law's mom has a Doberman named Max. LOL. I don't think he out weighs any of my cats. He is a mini.

seenitB4
seenitB4 07/28/13 - 07:12 am
Barfields Heating & Air

Our heating guy lives in Monroe Ga.....to show you what a good guy he is ..I will tell you what happened Sat morning.....

We had trouble with the air cond upstairs...we had company coming & didn't want them to steam in the heat...we called our guy Mr Barfield...he told us his mother was very ill but he would try to come & check the air......He did come with his son....while here his mother passed away.....this is the kind of man Andy Griffith & the Duck Dynasty folks represent......they put others first---they strive to help others even when they have their own problems at their door.....I can't say enough about the goodness of this family...lo & behold I pull up the news on the local section & her name was in the paper....the woman had an interesting life & her children prove to me she was a wonderful person in every way....when I see my children I know THEY are my biggest accomplishments in life....

Thank God we have people like Mr Barfield.

Riverman1
82079
Riverman1 07/28/13 - 07:17 am
Great story, Seenit.

Great story, Seenit.

itsanotherday1
itsanotherday1 07/28/13 - 07:52 am
Unbelievable

Sheriff Deputy Suspended for Bringing Skittles and Iced Tea to Work

nocnoc
nocnoc 07/28/13 - 08:14 am
HOW DID I MISS THIS - AUSTIN RHODES

It seems someone threaten Austin on face book.
Some of the message (with edits) said: “If i see u in public any were im slap da s__t out u on air b__ch a__ craccer...

But I agree an arrest was needed to nip this in the bud and to demonstrate to others there is a limit.

Also with Mr. Chambers having used the term "craccer", I feel he should be also charged with a Race based Hate Crime. Can we get a Reverend on the Court House Steps Monday morning to help us protest these racial remarks?

itsanotherday1
itsanotherday1 07/28/13 - 08:14 am
Chambers and says he studied

Chambers and says he studied at “Smoking Weed” and formerly T.W. Josey High School.

Chambers has previous convictions in Richmond County for marijuana possession, obstruction of a law enforcement officer and several traffic violations.

nocnoc
nocnoc 07/28/13 - 08:29 am
Having looked at the weeks crimes

here is my general visual profile in a number of cases:

An too many people are arrested and mugshot for simple traffic violations that we use to just issue tickets for.

Riverman1
82079
Riverman1 07/28/13 - 08:35 am
Somebody upset with Austin?

Somebody upset with Austin? Imagine that.

Riverman1
82079
Riverman1 07/28/13 - 08:41 am
NocNoc, You're Right

I checked those mugshots and in the first few came across two driving offenses. A 53 year old woman with no previous arrests listed was jailed for following too closely? Huh? Something doesn't make sense with these people being jailed. Is there more to the story?

nocnoc
nocnoc 07/28/13 - 09:39 am
I don't understand all the details on OCGA traffic arrests.

But from what I have been told and read.
Ga. moved from traffic courts to criminal courts sometime ago.
Shows you how long its been for me.

It seems many simple offenses can land you in jail for no societal reason other than a picture to make the Jail Mag's and Rag's some $$$ and the Bail Bondmen some $$$.

Personally I'd like to see the old Traffic court system brought back.
I don't consider simple speeding 5-10 mph , failure to signal a right turn a criminal let along an arrestable offense.

True we are a nation of laws, but sometimes common sense gets left out of the process to appease some of the more amplified whiners.

BTW: digging through the arrest record I also see the common catch all use of "Disorderly Conduct" is being heavily used again.

nocnoc
nocnoc 07/28/13 - 09:47 am
All of my vehicles have a

All of my vehicles have a Dash Cams.
Saturday I recorded a accidents, and almost accident...

An RCSO Car west bound on Bobby Jones just pass Glenn Hills Bridge, doing 60-65, in the construction zone and 1/2 a CAR length behind an LTD or Crown Vic with Jenkins Co. GA tags for over a 1.5 miles.

No Blue lights on either.

Little Lamb
Little Lamb 07/28/13 - 09:52 am
Hwy. 56

When they moved the sheriff officers mustering center from Southgate to Mike Padgett Hwy, the average vehicle speed dropped on Gordon Hwy. and the average vehicle speed increased on Mike Padgett.