Rants & Raves

Comments from readers:

LET’S HOPE federal charges can properly be put forth to punish George Zimmerman for going against training and the direct word of law enforcement. How can you possibly say after that that Zimmerman was OK to stalk and physically attack someone just because they walked in his neighborhood and he didn’t recognize the person?

PEOPLE WHO WANT the military budget to pay for fireworks and flybys had get a better life outlook. With the bad economy, it is foolish to expect free and expensive entertainment by the military as a life necessity.

ERIC HOLDER IS at it again. Even though a jury has acquitted George Zimmerman, Holder wants the Justice Depart­ment to see whether any federal criminal charges are warranted. He just can’t (let) the jury verdict stand, and unfortunately he has given false hope to people who think that things will turn out differently.

I WISH WE COULD all get on with our lives now that the Zimmerman trial is over with a clear verdict. Unfortunately, we have the race-baiters stirring up fear and resentment thinking that sheer numbers will somehow turn the justice system around and find Zimmerman guilty (of what?). It’s time to move on with our lives and put things behind us.

UNFORTUNATELY, THE performance-based teacher evaluation system being tested across South Carolina will not have letter grades as part of the process. The letter grades, A through F, were a way to clearly communicate to teachers how they were performing. The educators felt that the letter grades would be degrading to the teachers. With the new process, how do we tell the good from the bad?

I GO TO WORK at 4 a.m. The traffic lights on River Watch and River­west and River Watch and I-20 will be red with no traffic. Going down Reynolds, the same problem. Is it that hard to fix this? One doesn’t have to attend the traffic course at Northwestern University to figure it out.

WONDERFUL! CAN WE get Stevie to boycott Georgia and South Carolina, too?

A BIG RAVE for Savan­nah at the Double B Plant Farm, off Wrights­boro Road in Grovetown. By chance, I went there looking for a “hard to find” shrub. They had what I needed at a very reasonable price, and I had the pleasure of being served by a delightful and knowledgeable young lady.

Little Lamb
Little Lamb 07/26/13 - 05:08 pm
@ Ranter #1

1. Fortunately, at this time, there is no federal law making it a crime for a citizen to disregard the advice offered over the phone by a 911 dispatcher. The dispatcher has no authority over a citizen.

2. Zimmerman did not attack anyone. The ranter has gotten his facts messed up. It was Martin who attacked. As soon as Martin threw the first punch, he committed a violent crime against an innocent citizen (Zimmerman), and thus the homicide was justifiable.

CobaltGeorge
CobaltGeorge 07/26/13 - 06:09 pm
Darn, Darn, Darn!!

Zimmerman, Zimmerman, Zimmerman.......

How many times to we have to read the same repeated, repeated, repeated ridiculous, no common sense comments over and over again. Spin, Spin, Spin the facts that has been proven beyond a reasonable doubt by a jury. Un-real!

CobaltGeorge
CobaltGeorge 07/26/13 - 06:20 pm
Lets Deal With Some Real Factual Facts....

like the comment made by the King SMNCICBHO(M), the Hammer & Sickle Man....

"Ho-Chi-Minh was inspired by our Founding Fathers"

Now that there is some real intelligent facts, Doesn't that make you all proud to know that?

KSL
KSL 07/27/13 - 06:29 am
For ranter #1

Read all 7 parts carefully for explanations. Also check out some of the links. You might learn something about the law.

CobaltGeorge
CobaltGeorge 07/26/13 - 07:04 pm
KSL

Nothing more can or should be said.....real good.

KSL
KSL 07/26/13 - 07:42 pm

I thought the author's explanations were written in a way most understand.

Part 7, I believe, is the one with numerous lnks to evidence about Trayvon's behavior and character that was not allowed to be entered into evidence.

Little Lamb
Little Lamb 07/26/13 - 08:18 pm
Bedtime for SeenIt

Okay, after all that housecleaning today, SeenIt has probably gone to bed. I want to make her aware when she wakes up tomorrow morning that on the story about the police chase through downtown Augusta on Thursday night, LillyfromtheMills made a post and Riverman made a reply which was a potential line for a hit country song. Here is a copy of my reply:

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Okay, RM; you have posted a line that has to be picked up by some Nashville songwriter and put into a hit song:

Lilly, you got to leave ’em laughin’ sometimes.

But these songwriters, they have to modify the lines for maximum effect. I am no poet nor songwriter (although I can pick and grin); but perhaps other posters can ramp up the alliteration in your line, i.e.:

Lilly you got to leave ’em laughin’ loudly.

Let us leave ’em laughin’ loudly, Lilly.

Lilly, let us leave the ladies laughin’.

Anybody else want to try?

Riverman1
Riverman1 07/26/13 - 09:38 pm
Hahaha, LL. I'm sitting out

Hahaha, LL. I'm sitting out this one.

Riverman1
Riverman1 07/26/13 - 09:42 pm
Phony Scandals

I’m going to call everything that happens I don’t agree with a phony scandal and leave it at that.

Little Lamb
Little Lamb 07/26/13 - 09:56 pm
Phony Scandal

Yep, that's how our president governs.

Riverman1
Riverman1 07/26/13 - 10:09 pm
"Phony Scandal" Similar to Some Comments

This whole "phony scandal" thing the administration is now using to defend itself against criticism from wrong doings reminds me of those who comment here who will say something is a lie and not discuss the facts of matter, whatever it may be. We usually say they contribute nothing to the conversation or something like that. They will reply they don't have time to discuss things with people who believe what we do and say they have to go. Some of us make fun of them.

shrimp for breakfast
shrimp for breakfast 07/26/13 - 11:54 pm
Rant no 1

The Jury has spoken. There is no Federal charges that can be brought. Zimmerman did not deny Martin's civil rights.
You don't like the verdict- Too bad
I didn't like the OJ verdict but I respected it.
Zimmerman was found not guilty. Get over it.

seenitB4
seenitB4 07/27/13 - 05:35 am
The Zimm machine

That reminds me of the ole Randy Travis song DIGGING UP BONES!

seenitB4
seenitB4 07/27/13 - 05:39 am
Rap music

I'm waiting for the rap song artists to come up with something about the trial...

Heh...what a great song Llamb...Gotta leave them laughing....some on here know how to do that..:):)

I could write one too.."The cleanings not over yet"....I'll get over you when you mop the kitchen floor....why doncha dust like you used to do...:)

seenitB4
seenitB4 07/27/13 - 05:40 am
JTF

Don't be mad with me....I luvs yaaaaa.♥

cogi I luvs ya toooooo.

seenitB4
seenitB4 07/27/13 - 05:52 am
wake up news around here

Mailboxes breakins on well traveled roads....folks if you leave out going mail in your box you could get a surprise with stolen checks & etc....Killian Hill Rd area is well traveled....Gwinnett county....also over 25 car windows smashed during the night at apt complex....goods taken....now tell m again ..HOW SAFE IT IS & CRIME HAS GONE DOWN....BS BS ...moving from copper stealing to mailbox.

nocnoc
nocnoc 07/27/13 - 06:04 am
Was expecting to read an article this morning.

But nothing yet on the Emergency announcement on the 100's of 1,000's of compromised Debit/MC cards that were canceled on Friday.

Maybe later.... after the banks work out a PR statement.

It seems a very large number of bank customers Friday got the dreaded call their card had been compromised, was canceled and being reissued.

My bank was so busy fielding calls, that the phone system was in overload, producing no ring signa,l or just a fast busy signal.

When we finally reached the bank, our CSR said that she has been fielding nothing but compromised card calls all morning.

She indicated it was a national Credit Card system breech, not a local bank issue.

nocnoc
nocnoc 07/27/13 - 06:10 am
If people read the official documents they would understand,

if they wanted to learn the facts.

But like I said before truth is bad for business for certain people.

The Administration is in a panic.
They need deflection to rally their core voters.
The GZ case is their only Dog to Wag deflection right now.
The administration is facing not 1, but 4+ major developing scandals.

They need deflection.
What will be next if this does not work?

shrimp for breakfast
shrimp for breakfast 07/27/13 - 06:31 am
Riverman1
Riverman1 07/27/13 - 07:40 am
Was the High Speed Chase Authorized?

The other night there was a high speed chase where the runner nearly killed a young couple crossing an intersection downtown. As some may remember I’ve long spoken against these chases unless there is reason to believe a violent felony is taking place. Recently I’ve also been complimenting the RCSO on the overall job they are now doing to keep things in perspective. By the way, in Columbia County rarely are such chases undertaken due to their safety policy. In Richmond County the supervisor is required to authorize these pursuits.

Curiously, there was an early unauthorized news report by one person in the media before the information was released. This media person boasted about his ability to get info before others and talked about papers found in the car indicating the runner had been in prison. Another Chronicle commenter said the report was slightly different than the ones the other media used. It appears the single version shaded things to make the chase more palatable although there was no indication a violent felony was in progress.

After thinking about this I have some questions. Why would someone want a certain version of the chase to come out earlier? Who gave the story to their friend, the one media guy, against department regulations? Did this supervisor authorize the chase? Who was the supervisor?

seenitB4
seenitB4 07/27/13 - 06:36 am
another song shrimp

The grass is growing over me now...please cut it!

seenitB4
seenitB4 07/27/13 - 06:38 am
River

Maybe the media guy has his own invetigative team at work...:)

corgimom
corgimom 07/27/13 - 06:39 am
Rant #1- Let's hope that

Rant #1- Let's hope that America doesn't decide criminal trials and guilt and innocence by popular vote by people who rely upon Facebook and You Tube for their "evidence".

Riverman1
Riverman1 07/27/13 - 06:45 am
OUR Investigative Team

SeenIt, heh, others may have investigative teams, but those of us on the Chronicle also have them and they're pretty good. I wonder what made the supervisor authorize the chase? Was this supervisor experienced? (All rhetorical questions, understand)

ColdBeerBoiledPeanuts
ColdBeerBoiledPeanuts 07/27/13 - 06:51 am
Good Morning from the Cheeks Canal, Coffee& Donut

Bar and Grill and Psychiatric Center!!! On the menu this morning is a taste of scandal with Ministers as the main ingredient. Add in a dollop of IRS unlawfully targeting Tea Party Orgs. and the Weiner Wife double dipping from the government along with her insider knowledge. Bartender, give me a double bourbon with two fried eggs!!!!

seenitB4
seenitB4 07/27/13 - 06:51 am
un huh RM

I am cooking a broccoli casserole...now I'm thinking of making P Deens coconut pound cake......or a key lime pie.....or shrimp creole....maybe in the am some shrimp & grits....or breakfast quiche....hungry folks have to eat......see yall♥

CobaltGeorge
CobaltGeorge 07/27/13 - 06:52 am
seenitB4
seenitB4 07/27/13 - 06:52 am
coldbeer

YOU are soooo good...leave me laughing too!!♥

Riverman1
Riverman1 07/27/13 - 06:55 am
That was pretty cool, Cold

That was pretty cool, Cold Beer. Reminds me of Patton with his two shots of bourbon with breakfast every day. By the way, about the reference to A. Cheek, is that you?

Turkeys get taste of own medicine

I got up and out of my sickbed so I could write this column because it’s time for the annual Turkey of the Year awards, the highlight of the holiday season.