Rants & Raves

Comments from readers:

I WONDER HOW Sheriff Roundtree and the Taser Tag Team are doing?

I WAS AT A LOCAL Waffle House and the employees were dancing inappropriately, “twerking” and bouncing on the floor. Not very professional. Don’t take my word for it. It should be on the security cameras.

I LIVE IN SOUTH Richmond County. I never go downtown; I never go to Riverwalk Augusta. I don’t think my tax dollars should go towards downtown because I don’t use it. We are taxed enough as it is. We are in bondage by our government through the taxes we pay.

TO THE PEOPLE who stole the bricks from my backyard: I wouldn’t have minded you having them if you had asked first. You will end up having bad luck for stealing. You know it’s wrong to steal.

NOTHING AGAINST Sheriff Roundtree. I like him. From what I understand, he wants to close down Riverwalk Augusta from dark to dusk. That’s not protection by the law. Why not close up stores at 6 p.m.? That is giving up our town to the thugs. We will not. Wake up, Augusta.

RAVE FOR THE students at Evans High School. Our church group from West Acres Baptist was there helping with registration. They said yes ma’am and no ma’am. They were just as sweet as they could be. We are very proud of you.

YOU SHOOT SOMEONE and then you drag them for several miles and we don’t seek the death penalty. What has this world come to? Give me a break.

I’M A 73-YEAR-OLD man and I am thinking of joining the Girl Scouts, but they won’t accept me because of my age and my gender. Man, what a good lawsuit. Just kidding.

RANT FOR COLUMBIA County engineers. There is a hole at Cox Road and Hereford Farm Road that is about a foot deep. Columbia County is supposed to be so perfect; I’d like to see somebody fill that hole.

I READ IN THE newspaper that the NAACP is working to stop the execution of a tried and convicted murderer they say is mentally disabled. That is nothing new, because there are many others in prison and in society also that have the same condition. I would hope the KKK would offer a rebuttal.

FOR THE PAST FIVE years we have seen living proof that to become commander in chief, you have to be a veteran. You have to have that military experience. Lord help us.

corgimom
corgimom 07/25/13 - 04:35 pm
Yeah, like Ronald Reagan,

Yeah, like Ronald Reagan, whose vast military experience was limited to making films in Hollywood during WWII.

And then the worst President ever was Jimmy Carter, who was a veteran.

With the volunteer military, Presidents who are military veterans are going to become fewer and fewer. And may I point out, Sarah Palin wasn't a veteran, either.

So that's a slippery slope to go down.

I care about whether somebody can lead the country, not whether or not they were in the military. And I'm about as pro-military as they come.

Little Lamb
Little Lamb 07/25/13 - 04:35 pm
Obama's Credibility

I was reading Jesse Jackson’s recently-published newspaper column where he reflects on President Obama’s recent speech in the aftermath of the Zimmerman trial verdict. Here are some quotes from Jackson’s column:

[The President] called for a more thoughtful “conversation” on race, convened not by politicians, but among families, in churches and workplaces. . . . The President’s courageous comments merit praise and consideration. But we’ve had a long conversation about race in America. . . . And as the President said, great progress has been made. What we need now is action. The president’s personal narrative must translate into policy. His sentiments must be turned into meaningful solutions. . . . [Unemployed young black] men need more than a conversation about them from those who already have jobs.

Good points, Jesse. But don’t count on any help from Barak. He is too busy campaigning around the country pointing fingers at Senators and Congressmen in Washington. The President has “moved on” from Trayvon Martin just as he moved on from the Sandy Hook shooting, as he moved on from building shovel-ready projects, as he moved on from accountability for Benghazi, as he moved on from his own IRS appointees holding up tax decisions for Tea Party organizations, as he moved on from accountability for spying on innocent U.S. citizens by his own NSA in a despicable interpretation of the Patriot’s Act. This president moves on quickly, stealthily.

He said he was going to focus like a laser on jobs. He didn't.

He said health insurance premiums would go down while coverage would go up. It cannot.

He said he would shut down Guantanamo prison. He didn't.

Is there anybody left who believes this man?

Little Lamb
Little Lamb 07/25/13 - 04:39 pm
Twerking

About the Waffle House employees twerking and bouncing on the floor:

Did they wash their hands before cooking or serving your food?

Little Lamb
Little Lamb 07/25/13 - 04:42 pm
Veteran

Ulysses S. Grant was a veteran, and he was about as corrupt a president as you can get.

Little Lamb
Little Lamb 07/25/13 - 04:44 pm
Rant #7

If they dragged them while they were still alive and then shot them, the DA might have sought the death penalty.

Little Lamb
Little Lamb 07/25/13 - 09:14 pm
Reviews

Boy! Corgimom and I have been getting bad thumb reviews so far!

Little Lamb
Little Lamb 07/25/13 - 09:34 pm
Crazy Al Gore Rhythm

Whoa! The algorithm just kicked in again and kicked a couple of stories with high comment counts off the "Most Discussed" list for this one and the HPV story with far fewer comments. New is better than old, it seems.

Riverman1
Riverman1 07/25/13 - 09:46 pm
I kind of like the idea the

I kind of like the idea the employees of Waffle House or any business being so energetic and entertaining.

Riverman1
Riverman1 07/25/13 - 09:48 pm
I think everyone should have

I think everyone should have to serve a year or two in the military and then be in the reserves as in Israel.

corgimom
corgimom 07/25/13 - 09:51 pm
"I was reading Jesse

"I was reading Jesse Jackson’s recently-published newspaper column"

Uh....people read a column written by Jesse Jackson? Really?

I wouldn't care what that man had to say about anything, ever.

Little Lamb
Little Lamb 07/25/13 - 10:03 pm
Well, Rm, . . .

. . . you have a point. If everyone is a veteran, that takes that issue off the table in the election cycle.
:~

Riverman1
Riverman1 07/26/13 - 05:40 am
Dan Rather?

"And then there was George W, who used his daddy's connections to be in the National Guard, skipped duty, and lied about attending."

Is Dan Rather commenting on the Chronicle?

Riverman1
Riverman1 07/26/13 - 05:42 am
Fortified Shopping Center

The Village at Riverwatch is turning into something that’s like a gated shopping center. It’s isolated without bus service and no way to easily walk there. It’s an excellent location to keep the riffraff out. They won’t need a huge private police force like the mall requires. I wonder if this is the future of shopping centers in the country? Residents of the number one Town in Georgia, Evans, will enjoy going there.

fatherinevans
fatherinevans 07/26/13 - 05:52 am
Fortified Shopping Center

Yes Riverman1.... we will enjoy it.... now please stay away on Saturday around 1 ish..... we will be there shopping !! LOL

Riverman1
Riverman1 07/26/13 - 06:57 am
Six Month Report on Sheriff

The new Sheriff’s Office administration is certainly proactive. I was a Freddie Sanders supporter, but Roundtree has done a good job. He has surrounded himself with good people, communicative spokespeople and embraced the community policing concept. Quite a change from the past. I believe the crime statistics will bear out the new philosophy.

seenitB4
seenitB4 07/26/13 - 07:08 am
OOOH that is good :):)

seenitB4
seenitB4 07/26/13 - 07:13 am
Does the media control the USA

I would say yes it does....

A juror has come out after the trial to say that she thought zimm was a murderer....well duh....during the trial & voting on the verdict is when you declare THAT ,....she now wants to apologize she says..do you think MAYBE the blitz on tv just might have something to do with that "feeling" she has...

also a black woman who worked for P Deen for years & also was on her cooking show now says she was mistreated...again..why wait til now...amazing that these feelings are coming out after pulling a paycheck for years...BLITZ BLITZ BLITZ

nocnoc
nocnoc 07/26/13 - 07:14 am
Example of college student thinking.

A large number students at George Mason University (GMU) signed a petition that demanded lawmakers legalize “fourth trimester” abortions.
It seems some students will sign anything that is pro-abortion.

BTW: The 4th trimester is what we in the NON-PC World, call Murder.

seenitB4
seenitB4 07/26/13 - 07:15 am
It’s an excellent location to keep the riffraff out

Riverman1
Riverman1 07/26/13 - 07:24 am
"Keep talking about the folks

"Keep talking about the folks from Gwinnett & I will have to get the posse out 1 more time!!! :)"

Ooooooooohhhh, the posse.

seenitB4
seenitB4 07/26/13 - 07:24 am
Why aren't the whites marching & protesting

What is wrong with ya folks....

Are you too tired from working all week----just out enjoying the fresh air & life---working in your garden--fishing from your dock--taking your kids to the park---playing tennis--reading a good book---enjoying your family---cleaning your house ...well ok then...carryon.

Al & Jesse will just have to do without you... dang the blitz didn't get ya ...did it!!!

itsanotherday1
itsanotherday1 07/26/13 - 07:31 am
Not to worry

Augusta transit will have an express bus from downtown soon enough.

seenitB4
seenitB4 07/26/13 - 07:33 am
Bill OReilly has a blitz too

It seems he is going full steam ahead & not holding back at all....I do like the way he is having some black leaders on his program & giving them a chance to discuss the problems facing America...some totally agree with him & want to get the Sharptons & Jacksons out of the picture....they also agree the music-lyrics & etc are NOT helping the young generation....

This is a new day with new problems...some of the younger leaders need to step up to the plate & make their voices heard....Dr Ben Carson is a very smart man.....I think he will make a huge impact on American culture...imho.

Riverman1
Riverman1 07/26/13 - 07:34 am
How's the South Augusta Break Away Going?

Anyone have any news on South Augusta's attempt to break away from ARC? Merge with Hephzibah?

seenitB4
seenitB4 07/26/13 - 07:35 am
Right iad :)

Now that RM has brought it to light I'm sure that problem will be taken care of ...pronto!! Ya hear me Deke...:)

itsanotherday1
itsanotherday1 07/26/13 - 07:36 am
Death Penalty

I believe that case qualifies, but in consideration of the finances of the small county, they will convict with LWOP. Death penalty cases are hugely expensive. Maybe somebody will smuggle in some rope so these pieces of human debris can hang themselves and save the citizens some money.

itsanotherday1
itsanotherday1 07/26/13 - 07:49 am
"I LIVE IN SOUTH Richmond

"I LIVE IN SOUTH Richmond County. I never go downtown; I never go to Riverwalk Augusta. I don’t think my tax dollars should go towards downtown because I don’t use it."

Then maybe you shouldn't enjoy any of the benefits accrued by businesses moving here due to the amenities, like Riverwalk, the arts community, etc, that help make Augusta an attractive business climate. Maybe you should try to incorporate a town with your own charter and tax system, then see how long you last without Augusta and its amenities.

Many of us in Columbia County criticize the Augusta government, which they deserve, but we also realize that without Augusta, Columbia County would be like Lincoln or McDuffie. (nothing wrong with them, they just aren't as developed and urbanized)

soapy_725
soapy_725 07/26/13 - 07:55 am
Fools rush in where wise men fear to tread........

Fools rush in where wise men fear to tread........

soapy_725
soapy_725 07/26/13 - 07:56 am
"As The Stomach Turns".... or a day in ARC of No Covenant.

"As The Stomach Turns".... or a day in ARC of No Covenant.

seenitB4
seenitB4 07/26/13 - 07:56 am
Attention Roundtree

The Atlanta Journal-Constitution

What might be described as a fairly safe six-mile strip of land officially gets 15 of its own cops today.

Atlanta Police Chief George Turner and Mayor Kasim Reed plan to officially introduce the Path Force Unit, which gives the much-heralded Atlanta Beltline its own police force, at a press conference today.

They are stepping up to the plate to combat crime along the beltway...sorta like Riverwalk but just more of it...great idea..

Also ..I will say thanks to Tree for doing a great job in the last months...thanks for keeping the talented men on the force...

gotta get busy...company coming....this house won't clean itself!