Rants & Raves

Comments from readers:

I WONDER HOW Sheriff Roundtree and the Taser Tag Team are doing?

I WAS AT A LOCAL Waffle House and the employees were dancing inappropriately, “twerking” and bouncing on the floor. Not very professional. Don’t take my word for it. It should be on the security cameras.

I LIVE IN SOUTH Richmond County. I never go downtown; I never go to Riverwalk Augusta. I don’t think my tax dollars should go towards downtown because I don’t use it. We are taxed enough as it is. We are in bondage by our government through the taxes we pay.

TO THE PEOPLE who stole the bricks from my backyard: I wouldn’t have minded you having them if you had asked first. You will end up having bad luck for stealing. You know it’s wrong to steal.

NOTHING AGAINST Sheriff Roundtree. I like him. From what I understand, he wants to close down Riverwalk Augusta from dark to dusk. That’s not protection by the law. Why not close up stores at 6 p.m.? That is giving up our town to the thugs. We will not. Wake up, Augusta.

RAVE FOR THE students at Evans High School. Our church group from West Acres Baptist was there helping with registration. They said yes ma’am and no ma’am. They were just as sweet as they could be. We are very proud of you.

YOU SHOOT SOMEONE and then you drag them for several miles and we don’t seek the death penalty. What has this world come to? Give me a break.

I’M A 73-YEAR-OLD man and I am thinking of joining the Girl Scouts, but they won’t accept me because of my age and my gender. Man, what a good lawsuit. Just kidding.

RANT FOR COLUMBIA County engineers. There is a hole at Cox Road and Hereford Farm Road that is about a foot deep. Columbia County is supposed to be so perfect; I’d like to see somebody fill that hole.

I READ IN THE newspaper that the NAACP is working to stop the execution of a tried and convicted murderer they say is mentally disabled. That is nothing new, because there are many others in prison and in society also that have the same condition. I would hope the KKK would offer a rebuttal.

FOR THE PAST FIVE years we have seen living proof that to become commander in chief, you have to be a veteran. You have to have that military experience. Lord help us.

pearlthesquirrel
pearlthesquirrel 07/26/13 - 09:20 am
Doink !!!

Rave #6.

West Acres Baptist was at Evans High School? W.A.B.C. was probably trying to recruit members for its "God created man / creationism and dinosaurs and man lived together"" mindset. God created man - right. Man was on the planet at the same as dinosaurs - right. Evolution is just a theory - right. The funny thing about W.A.B.C. is the fact that I offered a member of theirs my $5,000 evolution is true bet and he started stuttering and he moon-walked backwards faster than Michael Jackson from that bet. Anybody from W.A.B.C. want to step up and take the $5,000 challenge? They've already infiltrated Grovetown Elementary with their "Book Nook"...now I guess they're moving up to the high-school level. And, oh by the way, I'm still waiting for a response from Rep. Paul Broun, M.D. on my $5,000 evolution is true bet I tossed his way after his "evolution is a lie from the pits of hell" statement almost a year ago.......hmmmmmm?

CobaltGeorge
CobaltGeorge 07/26/13 - 09:20 am
Good Morning "Today Decated To My 4th Son" America.

He ask me if I mind cutting his grass at his resident today, I said, I sure will. He has been residing right in the middle of Glen Hill in his private cemetery home for 26 years come Oct. He hasn't ever mention Race in all that time.

Will join "some" of you all that are racist when I get back. Have a word filled day.

justthefacts
justthefacts 07/26/13 - 09:27 am
@ CGeorge

Must be tough for you on days like today. I can't imagine. I feel for you. Hope you have a peaceful visit.

ColdBeerBoiledPeanuts
ColdBeerBoiledPeanuts 07/26/13 - 09:56 am
Be careful

Amenities downtown! I'll take 2 concussions and a beating with a pipe please. Hold the landscaping and necessary law enforcement, our insurance doesn't cover that. I think Mr. Nugent is about to make a very lucrative settlement fee!

bigj706
bigj706 07/26/13 - 09:58 am
Good morning Seenit. I

Good morning Seenit. I haven't had a chance to talk to you for a day or two. You know I cant go that long without saying hello how are you?

daphne3520
daphne3520 07/26/13 - 10:44 am
seenitB4
seenitB4 07/26/13 - 12:17 pm
Good morning back atcha bigj

I gotta tell you...sometimes I think you are Roundtree with a fake name..:)

That would be fine because you would already know police work when I need the bodyguard job....which I'm hoping comes soon because I'm getting tired of cleaning this house...anyway..I have my Edisto cook books out & shrimp books ...maybe I can find something my company really likes in these books...talk to ya later..

Kinda wish I had a house at Edisto..

Sweet son
Sweet son 07/26/13 - 12:21 pm
Cgee,I too hope you have a peaceful day today!

I also hope that the locals haven't through the years trashed the cemetery. I remember a small cemetery located behind Dorothy Hains Elementary School on Windsor Spring Rd. Way back when the local youth had damaged stones and the fence. Hope you are not experiencing that!

seenitB4
seenitB4 07/26/13 - 12:21 pm
Sweet son
Sweet son 07/26/13 - 12:24 pm
Jessie only wants thoughtful conversation!

He doesn't want the perceived problem fixed because he would not have anything to grandstand on! I am sure his appearance and incitement of unrest is the mainstay of his income. If blacks would stop sending money then he and Al both would go away!

seenitB4
seenitB4 07/26/13 - 12:24 pm
sweetson

Come help me clean this hooouuussseee...I'll give you some shrimp..:)

seenitB4
seenitB4 07/26/13 - 12:26 pm
I heard this about Jesse

Don't know how true this is but it did sound like him....I heard his plane had landed in an African country but he wouldn't get off til the news & cameras showed up...lol...

anyway..gotta get busy..

itsanotherday1
itsanotherday1 07/26/13 - 01:23 pm
Thanks for posting that IU. I

Thanks for posting that IU. I hope neither of them ever breathe a free breath again.

KSL
KSL 07/26/13 - 03:00 pm
Sweet son
Sweet son 07/26/13 - 03:07 pm
@SeenitB4

I do dishes but I don't clean house. Are they jumbo shrimp? LOL!

seenitB4
seenitB4 07/26/13 - 03:17 pm
JUMBO--YEP

This is something I read in ksl info...interesting.....

The IRS Workers’ Union Also Wants Exemption from ObamaCare

Posted by Fuzzy Slippers Friday, July 26, 2013 at 9:30am

First the Teamsters, UFCW, and UNITE-HERE expressed their belated disapproval of the ObamaCare Tax monstrosity, and now the IRS employee union wants to be exempted from Obamacare. The Teamsters, et al., made points that we’ve been making since 2009, points they willfully ignored and openly scoffed at us for making:

When you and the President sought our support for the Affordable Care Act (ACA), you pledged that if we liked the health plans we have now, we could keep them. Sadly, that promise is under threat. Right now, unless you and the Obama Administration enact an equitable fix, the ACA will shatter not only our hard-earned health benefits, but destroy the foundation of the 40 hour work week that is the backbone of the American middle class