Rants & Raves

MARION WILLIAMS IS the one out of line, not Fred Russell.

RAVE TO MY newspaper carrier in Martinez, Sandra. She does a great job. I am 93 and I live alone. She delivers my paper on the porch, and if she sees anything different she calls me to find out if I’m okay and does an absolutely great job. I would like for her to know how much she is appreciated.

REGARDING THE traffic stall at Fort Gordon: Prior planning by the commanders at Fort Gordon would have prevented this whole problem. Remember your “Ps.” Prior planning prevents poor performance.

IN REFERENCE TO THE language Paula Deen used 27 years ago, what about the way people talk today and the issues in the world today? People really need to get over themselves.

THIS IS A RAVE for the Augusta Richmond County mosquito control. I would like to once again thank Jerry and the rest of the staff for doing such a great job! Mosquitoes are terrible where we live at and it is only with the help of these diligent people that we can keep the mosquito population to a tolerable level. I just wanted them to know they are highly appreciated. When the water in your swimming pool has turned green, maybe it is time to TREAT it, neighbor.

YOU “PARK” YOUR noisy dogs in your front yard so they can bark and yap at passing neighbors, but won’t put them in the backyard because they will disturb the golfers. Bad pet owners, worse neighbors.

WHY IS EVERYONE upset about grass growing? Lets’s get to the real issues. Drug dealers on Second Avenue and those nasty, sagging pants.

HOW MANY PEOPLE have overfilled garbage cans by the day trash is to be picked up? It smells so bad to walk in my front yard especially in the afternoon; it’s horrible.

THANKFULLY MORE people are open minded about the gay pride events than others. The GRU bus that was mentioned properly transported and represented the student group participants. Go PRIDE!

GOODBYE, CADI. I think it best that store owners cleaned up in front of their own stores. We just need the garbage folks to run more times, especially after First Friday.

nocnoc
nocnoc 07/18/13 - 08:26 pm
Detroit has filed Bankruptcy

with debts of at least $15Billion.

All public services are in a state of near collapse.

A large percentage of properties lie abandoned, over 78,000 at last count.

A steep population loss as people moved out to other adjoining safer, lower taxed areas.

A Crime rate at a 40-year high.

Only 1/3 of its ambulances in service.

Just over 40% of the street lights do not work.

Only 53% of owners paid their property taxes.

YEP!
This a classic example of a Liberal Socialist Democrat run town.

Moral of this disaster:
Liberals, at a certain point WORKING people say - To Hell With It & Leave.

This usually happens when the number with their hands out start to demand more and more and the few still working cannot, or refuse to be taxed anymore just to give it to some one able to work that chooses not to.

Any bets on a Federal Bailout proposal just before elections

itsanotherday1
itsanotherday1 07/18/13 - 11:29 pm
The Feds will bail them out

The Feds will bail them out at our expense Noc; just like they provide a hammock for those who won't support themselves and feel entitled to have multiple children at taxpayer expense. It never ends.

itsanotherday1
itsanotherday1 07/18/13 - 11:39 pm
Justice for Trayvon

We've beaten this horse over and over and over; but one thing I haven't seen is someone articulate what "justice" they wanted to, or still want, to see.

I would like to hear a logical argument on what charges should have been brought, and just exactly what they think Zimmerman is/was guilty of. The caveat is, you need to support your argument with laws you think he broke, and why you think so based on the evidence presented by the prosecution and defense. In other words; factual, provable evidence; not your own could haves and maybes.

Thumb down if you like, but if you don't respond with your genuine thoughts, you have no courage of your convictions and are just blowing emotional smoke.

Just My Opinion
Just My Opinion 07/19/13 - 04:51 am
noc, interesting you bring up

noc, interesting you bring up Detroit and it's government's mindset. Not too long ago, I heard a story on their status on the Herman Cain radio show. He provided a clip of one of the city/county commissioners and she was going on and on about how they helped to elect Obama and now it was "their turn" and she was saying they should all go to Washington and put their hand out, demanding that he help them....his time to pay them back! It was their right, as she put it.

Having no ties to Detroit, I was totally unaware of their financial problems. I see how this whole thing turned on those people...well, they did it to themselves, didn't they?

corgimom
corgimom 07/19/13 - 05:46 am
Detroit's problems started

Detroit's problems started with the riots.

Having a riot is the number one cause for destroying a city.

And then on top of it, the overseas car manufacturers took over much of the market.

It has nothing to do with 'liberal Democrats" and everything to do with people and businesses leaving the city, with no businesses coming in to replace them.

seenitB4
seenitB4 07/19/13 - 07:16 am
ok tell me the truth

How many on here knew about TOR??

Tor, which can be downloaded online, operates like a browser -- albeit slower because it is bouncing packets of data across several continents to protect anonymity. Journalists, whistleblowers, domestic abuse victims and dissidents living under repressive regimes use Tor to bypass government censors and prevent their online movements from being tracked. The U.S. State Department provides funding to the Tor Project to promote Internet freedom in other countries.

seenitB4
seenitB4 07/19/13 - 08:05 am
Antonio West

The baby killed in Brunswick..oops..you won't hear that name on the news though....& I'm not saying the "other" names any more...I am totally worn out hearing them on tv...I mean slap dabbed worn out!

I have watched more Andy Griffith & HGTV in the past days just to get away from the onslaught.

seenitB4
seenitB4 07/19/13 - 07:35 am
Tell me something

How do we provide funding for this if it is so secret? Why are WE responsible for internet service in "other" countries?

seenitB4
seenitB4 07/19/13 - 07:51 am
Paula Deen

Well I guess she is happy...the other news knocked her off the front page...btw I just got some book/magazine requests in the mail from deen....yes mam I will get them....seems she is taking care of business with her own corporation..WAY to go girl.

seenitB4
seenitB4 07/19/13 - 07:56 am
Newspaper & mail people/this rave

Many don't realize that these carriers keep up with the older folks....many a day that is the only one who knows if they are ok or not....some have requested police check homes when something isn't right....thank you to all.

seenitB4
seenitB4 07/19/13 - 07:58 am
Sean

I wonder if Sean uses TOR?

seenitB4
seenitB4 07/19/13 - 08:00 am
Detroit

Detroit is a goner...too many eggs in 1 basket....

wake up folks!!!

Shortcomment
Shortcomment 07/19/13 - 08:10 am
SIB4 - TOR by itself is not the solution.

TOR connections are traceable, just harder to weed through.

TOR being promoted by the Fed's should be the 1st indicator of how protected the user is.

Shortcomment
Shortcomment 07/19/13 - 08:28 am
I see a lot of Parallels

between Detroit's History and ARC.

I also noted only democrats & Liberals ran the city for the last 50+ years

seenitB4
seenitB4 07/19/13 - 08:36 am
I agree about Detroit

also this..

Economic and social fallout of the 1967 riots[edit]

Per capita income in Detroit and surrounding region from the 2000 census. The dotted line represents the city boundary.
After the riots, thousands of small businesses closed permanently or relocated to safer neighborhoods, and the affected district lay in ruins for decades.

jimmymac
jimmymac 07/19/13 - 09:26 am
DETROIT

All you have to do is look at the major crime cesspools in America and every one is run by democrats, They promote their liberal agenda and sap the life out of the community. In order to stay in power they give away "free" stuff to get votes from the poor. The producers get tired of being taxed to pay for all the "free" stuff and move to safer area's taking their income with them. Sooner or later all is left is a bunch of takers and no makers! There should be no bailouts for Detroit or any of the other liberal havens. They dug their whole now let them climb out and put on their big boy pants.

Shortcomment
Shortcomment 07/19/13 - 09:38 am
FED's block the return of George Zimmermans Pistol

I read today the FED's are blocking the return of George Zimmermans self defense weapon, despite a Fla. court order to return his property now that he has been found innocent.

Here we have a man and his family with not 1, but 1000's of Death Threats, Bounty rewards for his capture and the Fed's, not the state or locals, refuse to allow his self defense weapon returned.

WHY?

It is almost seems like certain political DOJ people in Washington DC want to give those 1000's making Death Threats against him and his family a better chance at killing him.

urright
urright 07/19/13 - 09:39 am
Trash Pickup

We have had trash pickup once a week for years. It gets picked up on Mondays and I took out my first bag of trast last night. (There are 4 of us in the house.) If you are filling up a can twice a week, maybe you need to re-think what you are consuming to cause so much trash.

urright
urright 07/19/13 - 09:41 am
Short--

I have plenty of guns--I'd be glad to loan George one if nobody else will. EVERYONE has a right to defend himself against serious bodily injury or death.

seenitB4
seenitB4 07/19/13 - 10:08 am
A gun

Ole George needs to get a weapon & worry about the DOJ later....kinda strange sooo much attention given to GZ & they seem to overlook the deaths in Chicago...go figure..
I think this will come back to haunt them...esp if something happens to Zimm.

harlemgirl
harlemgirl 07/19/13 - 10:21 am
trash pickup

We are blessed in Harlem with once a week trash pick up and curbside recycling. Anyone with any restraint at all shouldn't need more trash pickup than that. We rarely ever fill up our can, and with a family of five.

Little Lamb
Little Lamb 07/19/13 - 10:28 am
Stand Your Ground Under Attack

Eric Holder is now saying that stand your ground laws are wrong. What does he propose to do about them? Here's a story from Michelle Malkin showing Holder to be baiting and switching:

Squirrel

seenitB4
seenitB4 07/19/13 - 11:02 am
Boy is he right about this!

NBA star and commentator Charles Barclay gets it right on Trayvon Martin case. Not only is he a pop culture star who doesn't run from a prayer, he blames THE MEDIA for its role in the Trayvon Martin case:

"I just feel bad because I don't like when race gets out in the media because I don't think the media has a pure heart, as I call it. There are very few people have a pure heart when it comes to race. Racism is wrong in any, shape, form -- a lot of black people are racist too. I think sometimes when people talk about racism, they say only white people are racist. There are a lot of black people who are racist. I don't like when it gets out there in the media because I don't think the media has clean hands."

InChristLove
InChristLove 07/19/13 - 12:38 pm
Bugs me

"Anyone with any restraint "

It really bugs me when people feel the need to debase another individual just because their situation doesn't match their own. Whether you are a family of 5 or a family of 3, everyones living situation is different and although you might think someone shouldn't need trash pick up more than once a week like yourself....there is no need to talk down about people.

If a family has small children in diapers or has a home business which may create extra trash, or for whatever reason....when we learn to state our situation or our view point without degrading other individuals because they aren't like us, this world will get along much better.

ultrarnr
ultrarnr 07/19/13 - 01:06 pm
Detroit

Detroit didn’t crumble on her own, and it wasn’t as if this happened overnight. Detroit is very likely the dreary vision of the United States of America within my lifetime if we continue to allow corporate America to kill unions, ship well-paying jobs overseas and replace them with part-time positions at Wal-Mart. Detroit is where we will end up sooner than later if we continue to buy the BS assurances that “the wealth will trickle down eventually” and keep on giving tax cuts to the top earners of the ever-shrinking tax base.
A city, or a country, cannot survive with a workforce comprised of mostly low-wage earners and only a few wealthy people paying little to no taxes. You cannot slash your way to prosperity, just as you cannot cut education funding and expect kids to suddenly become smarter, or teachers more motivated. You cannot continue to ask employees to work for less and slash their benefits, then complain that 47% of Americans are “takers” who are jealous of those with wealth and just want a handout.

bigj706
bigj706 07/19/13 - 01:24 pm
Hello Seenit I like the

Hello Seenit I like the Barkley comment

Fiat_Lux
Fiat_Lux 07/19/13 - 01:25 pm
And again, ICL pretty much nails it.

Take care of your own darn trash and shut the heck up about what other people do.

Who made you the garbage police? Busybodies banish neighborhood harmony.

bigj706
bigj706 07/19/13 - 01:30 pm
Bill Cosby also says he does

Bill Cosby also says he does not believe Zimm was racist.

Riverman1
Riverman1 07/19/13 - 01:40 pm
The RCBOE Public Safety Office

Edited to answer under the article.

Riverman1
Riverman1 07/19/13 - 01:59 pm
Time For Zimmerman To Tell Holder Enough!!!

It’s time for George Zimmerman to tell the liberal press and Eric Holder he has had enough. He should say “GIVE ME MY GUN NOW in a loud voice. He should tell them he intends to carry a gun and defend his rights if attacked. Tell Holder to accept the verdict and respect his rights. I wouldn’t take any more flak from ANYONE, especially Holder with his behavior.

If Zimmerman is not given his gun back, people all over the country should donate guns to him. He should wear one openly on his waist. Enough of these attacks on someone who has been found not guilty and cleared by the FBI of racist motives.