Rants & Raves

GEORGE ZIMMERMAN is learning a tough lesson. Every bullet fired comes with a lawyer attached to it. He should have waited for police to arrive. As is, the media, judge, state and Martin’s family are piling on. What have we learned?

PEOPLE ARE FUSSING about using Tasers on criminals. Well, there is a solution. Stay out of trouble! It takes more effort to get into trouble than it does to stay out of it.

‘HAPPY FOURTH of July!’ Really? Would it have hurt to actually say what we celebrate on the fourth?… Happy Independence Day. Chronicle editors dropped the ball on this one.

RANT TO THE Richmond County Board of Education: Out of 159 counties in Georgia, this county is the only one with nine furlough days. You waste millions on useless programs, instructional coaches, worthless standardized tests, a hiring agency, many executive department heads and on and on. I am sick of hearing the word sacrifice from these clowns while they confiscate money out of my check.

RANT TO THE PERSON in the white SUV behind me on Deans Bridge Road. I was waiting to make a right turn onto Bobby Jones Expressway northbound. You continued to honk at me and when I didn’t move, you went around me. Did you see the sign next to the traffic signal that said “Right turn on green only”?

NEW AND IMPROVED one-time pickup did not happen again today. Garbage can full. Help! Do I get a refund for no pickup?

IF THE FURLOUGHS are one day a week, why is Fort Gordon closing Gates 2 and 3 seven days a week. At most they should be closed only two days a week.

Comments from readers:

itsanotherday1
itsanotherday1 07/15/13 - 06:16 pm
"BEFORE YOU YELL about the

"BEFORE YOU YELL about the illegal immigrants taking jobs, you ought to interview all those farmers who can’t hire much of the unemployed who keep running away and leaving farming jobs."

We have a system in place for LEGAL seasonal workers for the farmers and anyone else having difficulty finding labor.

itsanotherday1
itsanotherday1 07/15/13 - 06:27 pm
#1. Is your phone broken?

#1. Is your phone broken? What they are doing is unlawful if it is disturbing the residents. No different than a loud party.

#3. I feel you. If the President was purely on a diplomatic mission, I couldn't grumble much; visiting other countries and shaking hands is a necessary part of the duties of the POTUS. But he had to drag along the family, making a vacation out of it and costing millions more for security than otherwise would have been spent if traveling alone on just state business. All presidents do this, but not at a time when other employees are getting furloughed. That is unconscionable.

Shortcomment
Shortcomment 07/15/13 - 06:35 pm
Rave to America for keeping its cool

Based on the talking heads comments on TV shows and by many Hollywood stars trying to grab a little free air time... I am guessing some are very upset they will not be doing an "America Burns" Special this time around or a Hollywood star's telethon.

Way to go America.

itsanotherday1
itsanotherday1 07/15/13 - 07:43 pm
corgimom
corgimom 07/15/13 - 08:47 pm
"MOST MILITARY BASES had to

"MOST MILITARY BASES had to cancel fireworks this July Fourth because of budget cuts. Meanwhile, Obama runs around Africa blowing $100 million. Is anyone else ticked off about this?"

No, wasting $100 million in fireworks is ridiculous.

All military bases must pay for their own fireworks. So instead of being ticked off about it, why don't you make a generous donation to the military base of your choice, so that there can be fireworks?

(Hint: Fireworks are a luxury, not a necessity)

Sweet son
Sweet son 07/15/13 - 09:58 pm
Obama, Holder, Jackson and Sharpton

I composed a comment regarding all four but we all know what they really are so I didn't post it!

corgimom
corgimom 07/15/13 - 10:49 pm
"RANT TO PARENTS on Country

"RANT TO PARENTS on Country Place who allow your middle school age children, boys and girls, in the streets late in the evening. They use profanity, bounce basketballs, and scream and walk through neighbors’ yards. Thought you parents would like to know what your kids do in public."

They already know, they live with them. They do it in private, too.

fatherinevans
fatherinevans 07/16/13 - 06:56 am
Rant to Parents

Wow, its hard to imagine a kid actually being outside and acting like a kid !! I think your grass will be ok !

ColdBeerBoiledPeanuts
ColdBeerBoiledPeanuts 07/16/13 - 07:23 am
fatherinevans

Apparently you haven't been paying attention. Someone rude and obscene in my yard after 9 pm, without my invitation is considered there for illegal purposes. They will be confronted by an armed homeowner. Their best course of action would be a contrite apology and quickly leaving the property. Or didn't the recent trial in Sanford Florida impress that upon you?

nocnoc
nocnoc 07/16/13 - 07:43 am
The verdict was not in an hour and the usual Hate Mongers

were trying stir up Hate and Civil unrest. Each trying to out do the other for greater headlines and TV time.

SO FAR it seems 99.999% of the Nation and the Black-American Community took a breath and avoided Yet Another Senseless Black America Riot. An act that usually results in 100's times more Rioters being hurt, or killed and millions in property damages mainly to their own homes and businesses.

There is a point where freedom of speech crosses the line and becomes incitement to riot. The race baiters, and Race Pimps know the legal line down to the last period. It has become an art for them and their paychecks.

So far the incidents reported for Monday were all outside the Southern States. Does anyone else find it strange the South, with the highest percentage of Black Americans in the Nation, has maintained its cool while these incidents grow in the North and West Coast in acknowledged Liberal/Socialist run Nanny Towns?
Towns where the Race Card Pimping Reverends, Far Left Socialist
Liberals & Pay-per-view Civil Rights Activists are in control
and/or go on tour to stir things up?

In all likelihood the Hate Speeches & actions will NEVER be held responsible in court for the many injuries, a few deaths and a lot of property damage, that their carefully chosen words stirred up.

This is the Hate Speak that should be investigated and prosecuted in court, but such actions would not sit well during and election year.

Will President Obama be forced to call out the Nation Guard against the Black Communities having Riots, because of the Race Pimps actions?

Will the President declare Marshall Law and suspend the US Constitution?

Will Sworn LEO's and Military up hold their Oath to follow the US Constitution?

These are just a few questions starting to surface.

In Summary
I have read many of Dr. Kings works and I feel some what uncomfortable in saying he would likely be embarrassed by the actions of most of the Civil Rights Pimps today that invoke his name.

CobaltGeorge
CobaltGeorge 07/16/13 - 07:43 am
Good Morning "Ain't Raining (yet)" America

"Thought you parents would like to know what your kids do in public.
NOPE!

"He should have waited for police to arrive."
Martin should have went home.

Is anyone else ticked off about this?
Just those that pay taxes.

PEOPLE ARE FUSSING about using Tasers on criminals.
A good answer to that Fuss.

"‘HAPPY FOURTH of July!’ Really? Would it have hurt to actually say what we celebrate on the fourth?… Happy Independence Day."
Now if that ain't a RANT of RANTS!!!!

"I am sick of hearing the word sacrifice from these clowns while they confiscate money out of my check."
Sounds to me you are thinking of yourself only, how about the students who are being effected?

"I DON’T MIND the NSA reading my e-mails, but at least they could delete them for me."
????????????

"“Right turn on green only”"?
I got to go see that one, never seen a "Right Turn On Green Only"

"Do I get a refund for no pickup"?
Sounds like you are having a pleasant dream to a Nightmare!

"IF THE FURLOUGHS"
You wouldn't be suffering from the Sequestration if they were to do that.

Riverman1
Riverman1 07/16/13 - 07:44 am
Kids gotta be kids. Let um

Kids gotta be kids. Let um play.

Little Lamb
Little Lamb 07/16/13 - 07:57 am
Right Turn On Green Only

I told you fellow ranters that those new lights on Deans Bridge at Bobby Jones would cause confusion, anger, and accidents.

The cloverleaf was better, but it's gone with the DOT wind.

CobaltGeorge
CobaltGeorge 07/16/13 - 07:57 am
Good Morning

TSD, my friend.

CobaltGeorge
CobaltGeorge 07/16/13 - 08:04 am
Had To

even my points off.....now back to "Work"

corgimom
corgimom 07/16/13 - 08:26 am
Will President Obama be

No, why would he? That would be up to the state governors, that's not a Federal issue.

Will the President declare Marshall Law and suspend the US Constitution?

It's martial law, and no, that would be up to the individual military units in each state. And since these riots are very small, why would they? Do you think that the President declared martial law during the Augusta riots?

Will Sworn LEO's and Military up hold their Oath to follow the US Constitution?

I don't know, why don't you ask them? Why wouldn't they?

Where do people come up with this stuff?

lifelongresident
lifelongresident 07/16/13 - 08:28 am
ranter #1

dear ranter #1 what you have is an example of a bunch of apes, monkeys, and gorillas-the reason they do that is because of their breeding, apes, monkeys, and gorrillas do not know any better they jump around hoot, howl, and bark at the moon...its a wonder they didn't throw their poop

seenitB4
seenitB4 07/16/13 - 08:37 am
hahah

CGee said..
Had To

even my points off.....now back to "Work"

and I thought I was the only one with that quirk..lol .. funny guy

seenitB4
seenitB4 07/16/13 - 08:41 am
kids gotta play/naaahhhh

Not in my yard after 9pm...I'm with coldbeer on this..too dang much noise....litlle rascals should be doing HOMEWORK...:)

Augusta resident
Augusta resident 07/16/13 - 08:41 am
Zimmerman

George should come out of the closet, they'll be OK with him after that.

Augusta resident
Augusta resident 07/16/13 - 08:42 am
Fireworks

Didn't it rain anyway?

nocnoc
nocnoc 07/16/13 - 08:42 am
Thanks CM - for you comments

But, why is it you always seem to want attack the poster?

TF

Augusta resident
Augusta resident 07/16/13 - 08:45 am
Taxes

I'm willing to bet they raise out property taxes and still furlough county employees.
They should lay off all board of education peeps that don't actually work inside a school and have one principal work 2 or 3 schools. They have an assistant right?

seenitB4
seenitB4 07/16/13 - 08:47 am
To this rant

Don't you realize we have to build 34 million dollar buildings that won't EVER be used in any way.....now think....what is more important....fireworks or empty buildings.....I heard last night on tv news that once a project has started like the building they can't back it up......I'm thinking ARE WE INSANE OR WHAT!!
If we have too many levels to back up a piece of crap idea like that...we are 100% hopeless...just turn in your paycheck & step to the back of the line...we are doomed.

Augusta resident
Augusta resident 07/16/13 - 08:47 am
Larke

Are we still paying Charles Larke? Is there anyone delinquent in paying their property taxes? Start with this first before coming after us again and again and again.

Riverman1
Riverman1 07/16/13 - 09:34 am
Old guy in robe hollering

Old guy in robe hollering at kids, "Get off my lawn."

The commenter didn't say the kids were playing in his yard. He said they walked through his yard. Also, he said 9 PM and it has just gotten dark. So I suspect they are playing outside until dark and going home, possibly cutting through his yard.

seenitB4
seenitB4 07/16/13 - 09:44 am
Don't splice & dice that comment RM...hahah

Kids are noisy just walking through...I say GO HOME ya little rascals.

seenitB4
seenitB4 07/16/13 - 09:47 am
Panel tells the Gov to suspend ceo

Well now....here we go again...The Gov will have to decide if he is going to suspend ceo Burrel Ellis as head of Dekalb county...he has 14 felony charges against him & it looks dicey for him...this merry go round just makes me dizzy sometimes.

On another note the panda at the zoo just had twins...:)

seenitB4
seenitB4 07/16/13 - 10:33 am
I'm hungry this am..sooo

Yall will have to suffer along with me...just lookie see...

gotta go....

corgimom
corgimom 07/16/13 - 10:50 am
nocnoc, when people disagree

nocnoc, when people disagree with me, I don't consider it "an attack". You asked questions, I answered them.

I also know what the duties of a President are, and what they aren't.

Of course, I'm not obsessed with hatred of Obama, and do not consider everything to be Obama's fault.

I also am not someone who thinks that everything that happens in the US is an attack on the Constitution or thinks that martial law is going to be imposed on the US.

I also don't think that FEMA has death camps, that Medicare is going to have death panels, that people's guns are going to be taken away from them, that there are alien abductions, and that 9/11 was an inside job.

I don't think the country is falling apart, I don't think that the Constitution is being threatened, and I don't think that conspiracies lurk behind every corner. I don't think that the Pledge of Allegiance is going to be taken out of schools, or that Christians are being persecuted and having their "rights" taken away from them.

Let's see, what else... I don't think that there is going to be a race war, I don't think that Planned Parenthood makes millions on abortions, I don't think that the country is going to Hell because of gay marriage, or that the next step is to make marriage legal between a person and a cat.

I don't think that Obama was born in Africa and smuggled into Hawaii (that makes me laugh everytime I think of it) or that he was "born and bred" to be the President, or that he has a fake birth certificate.

I'm sure I missed a few things, but you get the idea. Oh, I almost forgot about the New World Order, I don't believe in that nonsense either. I'm not a Nubian, I don't think that little people live in Mt.Shasta, or that Bigfoot exists. I don't need a public Nativity scene to celebrate or enjoy Christmas. I don't care if a salesclerk tells me "Happy Holidays" instead of "Merry Christmas".

I am also not a "survivalist", who thinks the marauders are going to come and get my old, used, broken-down junk in my house.

In other words, I don't believe any of the wild "theories" that some people have about this country.

I can't imagine living my life that way, ever. I guess I just enjoy life and am not a "doom and gloom, the sky is falling" person. I don't live my life in fear and agitation.

But I guess some people do.

Broad Street fire still investigated

Downtown streets were closed for several hours Tuesday as firefighters worked to put out a blaze in a Broad Street building.