Rants & Raves

Comments from readers:

RANT FOR THE MAN WHO stole tips off the table at Golden Corral. Honey, if you needed money, I’m sure the girls would have given you a few dollars. You didn’t have to steal their hard-earned tips off the tables.

SHERIFF ROUNDTREE WANTS to put his name on the emblem of the new county squad cars. He says that people who are complaining are just “small minded.” He is the one with a small mind and a big ego.

OUR TOWN IS OVERRUN with gangs and Commissioner Marion Williams is talking beautification. Does he really think that will help us?

THE NEW GARBAGE TRUCKS use an automated arm that only picks up containers on its passenger side. To work both sides of the street the truck has to turn around and travel the street in the opposite direction. They are now driving twice the number of miles as before so that costs us. Why did they not plan to have all the containers placed on the same side of the street like Beech Island and North Augusta?

WHO CARES ABOUT Paula Deen? This is just a smoke screen to distract people from the IRS scandal and all of the other scandals that should be covered by the national media.

WHY IS IT THAT A 5-4 liberal decision represents a sharply divided Supreme Court, while a 5-4 conservative decision represents a narrow majority?

IF A RACIAL SLUR is so horrible, and I believe that it is, then it should be banned from all use and violators suffer the same consequences as Paula Deen. Violators should be banned from performing at nightclubs, and have their recording contracts canceled. CDs should be confiscated and burned. Such is the beauty and responsibility of true equality.

RANT FOR THIS PAULA DEEN controversy. If you kicked everybody off TV who had used a racial slur, there wouldn’t be anybody left on TV.

WE ARE WATCHING the death of a nation.

PAULA DEEN HAS ANOTHER lawsuit coming. She said I could throw a rock at her head. I did and broke my TV screen.

THE U.S. SENATE PASSED an immigration bill that requires E-verify for everybody applying for a job. The U.S. is fast becoming Nazi Germany, because government will control all. If you’re a natural born U.S. citizen, government will still require you to prove it before you can get a job. Big Brother is HERE!

corgimom
corgimom 07/07/13 - 06:26 am
"If you’re a natural born

"If you’re a natural born U.S. citizen, government will still require you to prove it before you can get a job."

Which they have been doing for, I don't know, maybe 30+ years or so?

I don't see a problem with that, some people can make something out of nothing.

nocnoc
nocnoc 07/07/13 - 08:05 am
A Peoples Government vs. Big Brother Goverment

"Freedom is easily lost, or given up a small bite at a time for the "Good" of the People. "

The frog slowly cooked vs. tossed into Hot boiling water scenario.

Explained: Any established government seeking to move towards totalitarianism, fascism or any suppressive form of government does so in small steps over time. Using every crisis as a opportunity to nibble away at rights and freedoms.

soapy_725
soapy_725 07/07/13 - 08:51 am
soapy_725
soapy_725 07/07/13 - 08:55 am
Ignorance and Apathy... the twins that form the plantation.

Ignorance and Apathy... the twins that form the plantation.

soapy_725
soapy_725 07/07/13 - 08:54 am
The 3rd American Revolution. The murders of JFK, MLK, RFK

Our last hopes for freedom. Maybe.

seenitB4
seenitB4 07/07/13 - 09:09 am
My my

We are over dosing on Paula Deen today...heheh...& I was gonna take a break..naahhh

seenitB4
seenitB4 07/07/13 - 09:10 am
Ain't that the truth!!

seenitB4
seenitB4 07/07/13 - 09:14 am
Why do we have such overload

Because the national news media feeds off this stuff.....did anyone notice that after the plane crash they took off in another direction.....you almost have to have a disaster to feed the hungry wolves.......ooh how I would love to see a week of 0 tv news......NO ONE WATCHED IT...if only I could get my friends to do that!

seenitB4
seenitB4 07/07/13 - 09:17 am
noc noc

I wish you would explain the alarms again.....where do you place the alarm by the car---on a tree---etc.......what other alarms can you buy for catching someone entering the front yard??

Too bad you didn't put a pic of that healthy robust guy in YOUR YARD....sure was healthy enough to work.

seenitB4
seenitB4 07/07/13 - 09:22 am
This rant

WE ARE WATCHING the death of a nation.

We are watching a fall that is for sure....only we can decide which direction it will take......my advice to my Rep friends is to let go of the small stuff & put your energy on the most important issues in our nation........you won't ever get all of the pie.

seenitB4
seenitB4 07/07/13 - 09:29 am
Deen Brothers lite saucy catfish

finally we are on most discussed list...I will try to put a Deen recipe on here because they are GOOODD

Little Lamb
Little Lamb 07/07/13 - 09:42 am
Garbage

The ranter about the new garbage trucks is correct. I have seen it in my neighborhood. Each truck has a driver and a helper. They could send the helper over to the left side of the street; have the driver pick up trash with the mechanized arm on the right side, and have the helper deliver the trash can to the right side and then move it back after dumping. That way the truck gets the whole street with one pass.

dstewartsr
20389
dstewartsr 07/07/13 - 10:50 am
Have not seen the cop cars

... do they say. "Sheriff 'Grateful Mother' Roundtree"?

dstewartsr
20389
dstewartsr 07/07/13 - 11:15 am
I care about Paula Deen.

Not personally, but what her persecution represents. She is like the poster child for the white southerner; as such she is fair game for insult and innuendo and not worthy of being heard. Guilt is presumed and proved as soon as that southern drawl is heard.

While a foul-mouthed Hollywood hack whose shows and commercials run uninterrupted can call for a lynch mob to take a judge from his home, and his family as well, and stone them; he can rail against his child in a drunken profanity laced abusive rage; he can twitter insulting language about flight crews because he was removed from a flight (not arrested like some other schmo would) for repeately refusing to turn of his games for takeoff, he can suggest a US Senator be forcibly retired to a "solar powered gay farm"; and in that same gay-bashing theme he can threaten to put his foot up the butt of a gay man using the most pejoritive language and, noting as he's gay, the man might enjoy that- all in perfect accentless Hollywood English. And the result? Boys will be boys. No harm, no foul.

RoadkiII
RoadkiII 07/07/13 - 11:17 am
Immigration/citizenship

Many liberals, or progressives if that is the PC term of the day say we need to be more like European countries. I agree with them this time. Guess what the official language of France is? Spain? Germany? Greece? Well it certainly isn't the native language of emmigrants to their countries. It's time we make English the official language of the United States.

Why I an on this rant this morning. In my opinion if I am NORTH of the Rio Grande I shouldn't have to point at what I want to eat. This morning I ordered eggs, potatoes, and bacon. This girl was serving breakfast in AMERICA and couldn't even understand my order?!?!?!? Yes, I had to point at the food I wanted. This is ridiculous.

What is going to happen when a Portugese speaking person asks for their welfare application in their native language? Sue the government for discrimination. How about Vietnamese? Chinese? Hangul?

Soon government offices will have to build new wings just to hold all the different translations.

ENOUGH DAMNIT!!! Assimilate and act like an American or get the heck out!

seenitB4
seenitB4 07/07/13 - 11:10 am
RoadkiII
RoadkiII 07/07/13 - 11:13 am
P. Deen

Good advice from seenit. The easiest way to show support of Mrs Deen it to buy her cookbooks. I intend to do just that. Then I can sue her for making me fat.

Liberals/Progressives....... I am not even going to think about saying Ms Deen. I was raised the right way.

seenitB4
seenitB4 07/07/13 - 11:15 am
Hypocrisy of the news..

Today I saw Jamie Foxx in a t-shirt with the pic of T Martin on the front.....excuse me....I have yet to see the baby shot through the head in Brunswick ON ANY SHIRT......is his life important too....we dang well know this baby was innocent of racism...DON'T WE...the national news has taken us on a ride for YEARS...it is time to take their gas card away...MOST black murders are caused by OTHER BLACKS...put that on your dang shirts...or maybe we need to ..

seenitB4
seenitB4 07/07/13 - 11:19 am
Black on black crime

Black-on-black crime is a sensitive subject in this increasingly polarized nation. While covered in academia and occasionally addressed by talking heads on television, some believe it rarely, if ever, receives the type and depth of attention it deserves. Instead, critics argue that this national tragedy is usually swept under the rug by powerful interest groups and individuals more concerned with elevating their own racially-driven agendas than addressing the real issues at hand. The Trayvon Martin case is only the most recent example of this grim hypocrisy.

Indeed, statistics support a very different narrative than the one usually offered by “race hustlers,” as Pastor C.L. Bryant calls them, who routinely portray an America where members of the black community are selectively targeted and brutalized by white racists.

A 2007 special report released by the Bureau of Justice Statistics, reveals that approximately 8,000 — and, in certain years, as many as 9,000 African Americans are murdered annually in the United States. This chilling figure is accompanied by another equally sobering fact, that 93% of these murders are in fact perpetrated by other blacks. The analysis, supported by FBI records, finds that in 2005 alone, for example, African Americans accounted for 49% of all homicide victims in the US — again, almost exclusively at the hands of other African Americans.

dstewartsr
20389
dstewartsr 07/07/13 - 11:20 am
Did you speak up

... when you saw the person steal? If you didn't THAT is precisely why we're going to hell in a handbasket. There will always be people who will speak up and defend the thief holding they know no better, or are in need, or some such drivel.

For doing the right thing, not so many.

seenitB4
seenitB4 07/07/13 - 11:30 am
stewart remember this

What happened after the thugs were known in Augusta (Riverwalk beating thugs)...why they were spirited away from the state of Ga...by their friends/kin...etc----what happened after the baby was shot in the head in the stroller....why the kin LIED & said he was with them....do we see a pattern here..btw the kin are in big trouble for lying ...as they should be.

dstewartsr
20389
dstewartsr 07/07/13 - 11:46 am
I do, Seenit,

... these predators rely on the apathy or fear of the community, bolstered by a system that provides excuses for their behaviour. "All that allows evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing" pretty much sums it up.

InChristLove
InChristLove 07/07/13 - 12:12 pm
Seenit, I may just have to

Seenit, I may just have to try the pineapple cheese bread...dang if that doesn't sound good but I've never heard of pineapple extract. Learn something new every day.

nocnoc
nocnoc 07/07/13 - 12:21 pm
Alarms and pictures

We have used the alarms 2 ways

1.) inside the vehicles so if some enters the vehicle we know.

2.) My preferred way .
Mounted on a tree or pole using a screw(tree) or Velcro tape tabs in the driveway on both sides of the vehicles. I spray paint the case black, but not the detection lens, and take about 1" of black electrical tape to cover the warning LED, then mount them on path the person must walk to get to the vehicles. Because I want to greet him.

The Transmitter 9volt battery lasts 3 months.
The Receiver can use a 6dc adapter.

I already placed his picture in all the local stores for 2 miles
I'll place the pictures /video up on Youtube later

seenitB4
seenitB4 07/07/13 - 01:17 pm
ICL

I have never heard of pineapple extract either...but will look for it now....I have other things to do.......one will be reading P Deens recipes.....because she is a dang good cook & business woman.

I will also buy her products---books on line.....♥

corgimom
corgimom 07/07/13 - 01:42 pm
The reason for the mechanical

The reason for the mechanical arm is for safety.

Sanitation workers have a huge amount of injuries, with crippling back injuries as #1.

People throw all kinds of crap in their trash cans- dead animals, dirty diapers, toxic chemicals- this is much safer.

Nobody deserves to be hurt on their job.

RoadkiII
RoadkiII 07/07/13 - 02:13 pm
I could be wrong, but I'm

I could be wrong, but I'm not. The mechanical arm is money saving device. Only one person in the truck. The cost of hiring one or two men, paying taxes, unemployment insurance, and disability insurance far exceeds the cost of the arm.

harley_52
harley_52 07/07/13 - 02:49 pm
"People throw all kinds of crap in their trash cans...."

Yes, they do. That's what "trash" cans are for.

"Sanitation workers have a huge amount of injuries...."

They do? How do you define "huge amount of injuries?" You have any data to support that, or is it more a "feeling" you have?

Little Lamb
Little Lamb 07/07/13 - 02:55 pm
RK

I've been paying attention to the trucks rolling through my neighborhood. They have a driver and a helper on every truck. The helper is usually just riding because they use the arm. If they would use the helper to roll the left-side cans over to the right side, the arm could get all the cans with one pass down the street.

Developer fined by Georgia EPD

The developer of a Grovetown subdivision has been fined by the Georgia Environmental Protection Division for failing to control erosion and other water quality control violations.