Rants & Raves

Comments from readers:

YOU HAVE TO HAND IT to the World Changer volunteers and the great work they have been doing in Augusta. These South­ern Baptist teens from a number of states volunteer to spend a week of their summer doing acts of service transforming homes here in Augusta. What they are doing is certainly appreciated by all of us in Augusta.

RANTS TO WHOEVER decided to put the nonsensical “crowdsourced” section on the Sunday opinion page. None of the comments make any sense.

AUGUSTA RICHMOND-COUNTY is either going to be a Greenville or a Detroit. Personally, I think its current leadership and those aspiring to leadership will seal the deal for a Detroit. The best thing you can do is get your investment out before you lose what you have left.

TWO HUGE RAVES. One for the University Hospital ER staff. Top to bottom, they took great care of a family member. A second rave for the pharmacy staff at the 24-hour Walton Way Walgreens for taking great care of a new customer.

A BIG RAVE to Charley at the Fort Gordon post office. He is the singing postman, and while lines are always long, he entertains the soldiers and civilians alike, singing the oldies. Always pleasant and makes the wait not so bad!

OUR NATION is in debt $16 trillion. We have troops stationed in over 100 countries. We’re going to give amnesty to upwards of 11 million invading illegal aliens, and now Sen. Lindsey Graham wants us to enforce a no-fly zone over Syria. Does anyone else see a problem with this?

PEOPLE, THINK BEFORE you crazily chase an officer who is going fast without lights or sirens. They could be responding to a call where someone’s life could be endangered by sirens and lights. For instance, if I managed to make a call about a break-in at my home with one or more persons wandering around with who knows what weapons, do you think I want one or more panicked burglars to then starting shooting around or setting off an explosive because they realize law enforcement is closing in on them due to MY call? Think, people, think!

Tots
Tots 06/30/13 - 03:02 pm
P.S. George,

I got some pretty good pictures of the flowers and Koi pond,but don't know how to share here.. I put them on Facebook.

CobaltGeorge
CobaltGeorge 06/30/13 - 03:46 pm
Tots

I have already seen them. Real nice for you doing so. I have pictures of everyone and will put them in an email to all. Let me know if you don't get them. Sending them Bcc and sometimes Comcast classified them as spam and holds them.

Sean Moores
Sean Moores 06/30/13 - 04:35 pm
@ Cobalt 10:21

Thanks Cobalt. I'm glad everyone had a good time.

dstewartsr
20389
dstewartsr 06/30/13 - 05:20 pm
RE: "I wish I had come up with that."

Tell people you did; I am sure I stole it from someone else.

nocnoc
nocnoc 06/30/13 - 06:17 pm
CG ... left behind

Sorry about that...

I'll call you later Monday to figure out a good time to come by and collection them.

I'll bring my CnC officer (my much better 1/2) with me. She dying to see the Cobalt Park.

BTW: did those AP rounds punch a hole in that propane tank at 200 Meters? Never got a chance to check.

Also will any video of the target shooting be posted?

CobaltGeorge
CobaltGeorge 06/30/13 - 06:28 pm
nocnoc

I haven't had the chance to check. The only ones that have pierce it has been the 7MM Rem Mag and the 300 Win.

No, Sorry to say my cameraman son was still in bed at 10 AM. I regret not getting pictures.

Call me anything, Remember, my cell is history, so call my CIC's 706 825-9437.

Jake
Jake 06/30/13 - 06:30 pm
George

Although I could not attend I would have loved to have been there. I have met some of the folks who were there and they are special people indeed. Best wishes to all of you.

CobaltGeorge
CobaltGeorge 06/30/13 - 06:43 pm
Jake,

It would have been nice if you could have made it.....dressed up like the first time of saw you......

happychimer
happychimer 06/30/13 - 07:14 pm
My husband and I had a good

My husband and I had a good time yesterday. Thanks CG for inviting us. It would have been good to have met corgimom, countyman, and a few others.

nocnoc
nocnoc 06/30/13 - 07:30 pm
7mm Mag & 300Mag are good rounds with a punch no doubt

Will call tomorrow after 12noon.

Once thank you and the CnC for a great time.

God save America
God save America 06/30/13 - 08:17 pm
advance mortgage

if anybody who is thinking about getting a advanced mortgage loan needs to find out all about it. when you apply for this loan the oldest person has to sign for it. if the oldest person dies the survivor has to pay off the mortgage then or you will lose your house.

Young Fred
Young Fred 06/30/13 - 08:32 pm
ColbaltG I hate, hate, hate,

ColbaltG

I hate, hate, hate, that I missed the gathering. Had a prior engagement (my son is now a brown belt). I was thinking about heading up that way around 2:30 but was afraid the "festivities" would be over.

People like you, trying to bring us all together, are the backbone of this country.

KSL
KSL 06/30/13 - 10:57 pm
It would not have been quite

It would not have been quite over. I would love to have met you, young fred.

Young Fred
Young Fred 06/30/13 - 11:45 pm
And I you, KSL. Maybe next

And I you, KSL.

Maybe next time.

Young Fred
Young Fred 07/01/13 - 12:00 am
"I was shooting 180 grain

"I was shooting 180 grain Armor Piercing 30/06 and just curious if they were good out to 200 meters."

30-06 happens to be my favorite, all around, (what I believe) most useful tool. I've got a bolt action Remington that's older than I am. I've shot rifles that are lighter, prettier, and truth be told, probably more accurate (at many more yards than I'll probably ever shoot). But I don't care, my Remington is an old friend, I'll never turn my back on her!

KSL
KSL 07/01/13 - 06:50 am
200 yards plus 7 feet.

Plenty of room for 200 meters.

Pistol shooting at 30 feet.

Wonderful hospitality. And retraining for the likes of me who took a course in 78, and who has not shot for years, should say decade, except sporadically in the last few years.

Partnerships needed in cyber sectors, NSA director says

Adm. Michael Rogers, director of the National Security Agency, said the nation's security rests on breaking down bariers between private and government sectors specializing in cyber defense. ...