Rants & Raves

Comments from readers:

GREAT IDEA, ONCE a week! Would work fine if the trash was picked up.

I THINK IT’S A great idea to have a court just for traffic ticket cases. Low-level traffic violations are no more than minor crimes, anyway.

TO THE YOUNG lady who was impatient with the older lady: Someday, that will be you and fate will set up a young person next to you that mouths off impatiently just like you did.

PEOPLE SHOULD NOT be typecast for a color anymore. I am adopted and have always had dumb people try to figure out what I must be, and that is so wrong! I was born an American, so that’s all that matters.

OUR GOVERNMENT has now gone beyond amnesty for illegal aliens. Now it is nothing less than open borders. Insanity!

MARION WILLIAMS’ veranda idea for downtown is great, but thugs will be the only ones enjoying it. It’s better to spend taxpayer money to put an extensive camera system all over downtown to find out who is committing these crimes and take out the trash before spending taxpayer money for a beautiful thug playground.

I THINK MR. Williams needs to think back inside the existing box and come up with means to clean up and secure Broad Street as we know it today. We cannot find ways to maintain and secure what we have today or settle parking issues.

EVERY MONTH 5,000 people in Syria are killed. That means that more than the entire population of Millen, Ga., is slaughtered each month.

BOO TO THE creep(s) who bothered the Woodrow Wilson home. Anyone who cannot respect a museum lacks morals below that of worm dirt.

OUR FEDERAL government refuses to profile people from the Middle East when looking for potential terrorists because it would be a violation of our Constitution. However, it proceeds to gather Americans’ private information from every source on every American. Does anyone else see a disconnect here?

sawgrass
sawgrass 06/28/13 - 10:19 am
confused

I don't think I understand this rants and rave section. I thought it was designed to be used for discussing pros and cons of certain subjects, not what we were having for brunch. I assume some people need this outlet because of a lack of any other activities?

justthefacts
justthefacts 06/28/13 - 10:27 am
sawgrass

You're right. You don't understand.

sawgrass
sawgrass 06/28/13 - 10:31 am
justthefacts

Then explain it to me. I assumed this was a forum to debate (without being attacked) issues, both pro and con.

Sean Moores
Sean Moores 06/28/13 - 10:34 am
We allow chatting on R&R

We allow chatting on R&R. Keep it on topic under regular stories though.

justthefacts
justthefacts 06/28/13 - 10:43 am
sawgrass

You can debate all you want. No one will stop you (excepting Mr. Moores should you break the rules).

sawgrass
sawgrass 06/28/13 - 10:43 am
Sean Moore

I was just asking a question. I didn't realize this was a chat room. Again, I thought it was a forum to discuss or debate issues, not what was being served for brunch. I'm not sure what your lunch menu is relates to on- line topics or regular stories. I stand corrected.

Young Fred
19441
Young Fred 06/28/13 - 10:59 am
Maybe you should repeat

Maybe you should repeat yourself once or twice more...just to make sure everyone got your point.

Sweet son
Sweet son 06/28/13 - 11:10 am
@SeenitB4

My friend you and I are almost always on the same page and today we are singing the same line on the same verse. Elvis' American Trilogy is bookmarked on my computer, I love Dixie and I am currently trying to watch all of the Andy Griffith shows. You can find a lot of Andy episodes on Youtube but if you have an Amazon account you can look at so many you can't count them. For the rest of you Seenit and I grew up in an era where when we watched a movie in grade school provided by the State Board of Education the lead in music was a peppy version of the song Dixie. We also remember the slogan on the Atlanta papers that said they "Covered Dixie Like the Dew." A safer simpler time that is Gone With the Wind.

sawgrass
sawgrass 06/28/13 - 11:16 am

Thank you young fred for those words of wisdom.

seenitB4
seenitB4 06/28/13 - 12:02 pm
Oh heck yall

Sometimes sawgrass likes me...his words last year 2-17-12

Thank you seenitB4. Saturday

Thank you seenitB4. Saturday is my birthday. Being 56 years young and living in Augusta all of my life, I feel sorry for our children being raised in this society.

Now...his birthday wasn't on topic BUT hey we didn't complain....let me explain why some remarks are made about leaving the posting stage.....sometimes your firnds are having a converstaion with you....I don't want them hanging thinking I'm here to respond.....no more no less....not trying to get personal but that is the reason...I'm leaving again....btw....but sawgrass I will be back.......join us & enjoy us....you just might like it! ♥

seenitB4
seenitB4 06/28/13 - 12:06 pm
firnds= friends...hahah

P Deen has more coming her way....blood is in the water now & the sharks are swimming....dang tooting..when they say how much she is worth on tv ya better believe the sharks will come out....

Just like the copy cat jewerly store showcase breakings...with hammers....more with that & a nice guy was just killed in Cobb county....soon we will get frisked just going in a jewerly store---what a shame...get rid of pc in our world before it kills ALL OF US!

LillyfromtheMills
LillyfromtheMills 06/28/13 - 12:21 pm
Secede

We've done this before- they are trying to put the South back on her knees and we may lose again, but by damn the govt isn't going to take us down without a fight - I just hope Paula Deen is strong enough to take it - hello Sawgrass - I'm crazy Lilly and I'm having tomatoes and vodka for bunch

sawgrass
sawgrass 06/28/13 - 12:39 pm
seenitB4

I aologize if you got the impression I disliked you. I just misunderstood the rules of this site. I don't want say too much. I will be reprimanded by Young Fred. I enjoy a good debate. You like Paula Deen...I don't. In my opinion she is a fake. She uses her acting skills to portray a true southerner. I was born and raised in the great state of Georgia. However, being in the construction industry I have worked all over the world. She is a poor excuse for a southern lady.

RoadkiII
RoadkiII 06/28/13 - 01:24 pm
lunch

I had a salad for lunch. Y'all have a nice day now, ya hear. Loves most of ya.

LillyfromtheMills
LillyfromtheMills 06/28/13 - 02:43 pm
Good for you Killer

Sawgrass - I too have lived/worked/played all over the world. Everyone speaks differently from within their own country. P Deen is from that part of Ga. - when you hear the Brits talk - it's all different dialects -
you can tell whether they are refined, you can tell if they work in the kitchen, you can tell what part of Enland/Ireland/Scotland they are from. If you've never met a P Deen in Ga, you're missing something...

corgimom
corgimom 06/28/13 - 04:24 pm
nocnoc, do you get it that

nocnoc, do you get it that Africa is critical to the world's economy, due to their raw minerals- especially diamonds?

And they are going to be the next economic powerhouse, they are a huge source of cheap labor. It is in the US' best interests to get along with them, before China and Russia and India do.

And if you think that Obama is going to be the only black president, I don't think so. In fact, I think by 2030, we are going to have more nonwhite presidents than white ones. Better get used to it.

seenitB4
seenitB4 06/28/13 - 04:55 pm
sawgrass

I appreciate that...but you have been around this posting forum for a long time...I kinda think you already know what happens on here.....if I don't debate you on Paula it is because you certainly have a right not to like her...many don't & I don't care...I'm not trying to change minds...I just like her.....what some don't know the woman has done a lot exclusively for the black population in Savannah Ga...Jimmy Carter was on tv today discussing just that.... different strokes for different folks...as they say...

Come on with a tad kinder attitude & you just might get just what you want on here..:)

seenitB4
seenitB4 06/28/13 - 04:58 pm
My kin in Soith Carolina

I wish you could hear some of them...the geechee sound comes through loud & clear & I love to hear them....we are a product of our surroundings..& ain't nothing wrong with that.

dstewartsr
20389
dstewartsr 06/28/13 - 05:12 pm
Africa is vital to our national defense...

and not for diamonds (which if it were not for the cartel would be cheaper than cubics) but for rare metals. Southern Africa is the source of rare metals that drive our computer and advanced metalurgic alloys that go into making high performance aircraft, missiles, and weapons systems. China has been quietly, but effectively moving on these, using the sale/gift of weapons to nationalist and tribal movements as an 'in' with various factions controlling these sources, both for its own manufacturing and to deny the West.

corgimom
corgimom 06/28/13 - 05:23 pm
Yes, dsterartsr, raw

Yes, dsterartsr, raw materials, just like I said. Thanks for expanding on my answer, you answered it better than I did. I just was too lazy to think about it for awhile.

sawgrass
sawgrass 06/28/13 - 05:51 pm
LillyfromtheMills/SeenitB4

Thank you both for the banter. I have worked from Egypt to Alaska and a lot of places in between. I just don't like Paula Deen. She is a transparent southerner. But, that is my opinion and I hope you respect that, just like I respect yours. If we all had the same opinion the world would be a dull place.

LillyfromtheMills
LillyfromtheMills 06/28/13 - 07:10 pm
Hahaha

P Deen banters just like us B4! Nite Sawdust - go have a beer and banter with someone that agrees w/you!

seenitB4
seenitB4 06/28/13 - 07:14 pm
Goodnight

Sweetson we do think alike..I love the song Dixie...& school was so different in our time...

hahah I think sawgrass wants us to play with lilly...hahahah

bye bye sawgrass..lilly...cobalt.........river...anotherday...