Rants & Raves

Comments from readers:

RANTS FOR PRISONS for letting convicted murderers get married in prison. This is insane.

THE AIR FORCE has banned a use of the word “God.” Anytime God wants to swat every Air Force plane from the sky, He can. Our leaders had better wake up.

IN 1943, PRESIDENT Franklin D. Roosevelt started withholding money from people’s paychecks, a sign that the IRS didn’t trust Americans while insisting that Americans trust the IRS. Now we see President Obama using the IRS to “enforce” health care. In a sane world, health care is not something that is “enforced.” Obama has invented a phony connection between taxes and health as his mechanism to flush freedom down the drain.

BECAUSE OBAMA IS president, the White House is obviously integrated. It can’t get any higher than that, yet federal courts continue to ride herd on good Southerners 40 years after a court desegregated Augusta schools. When is it enough?

RANTERS HAVE POOR math skills. We went from two garbage pickups, one recycle, one yard waste and one bulk waste for a total of five services each week. Take away one garbage pickup still leaves you with four services each week, a reduction of only 20 percent. The cost did not change because you have to pay the 20 percent for cleaner air. Or would you prefer to have to have to have a clean air sticker on you vehicle every year? How much do you think that will cost you?

RANT TO THE EDITORIAL staff for highlighting anti-smoking at bars. The Chronicle has posted numerous editorials against government overreach and regulations in many areas, including health care. I would much rather share the roads with a person who just smoked half a pack of cigarettes than someone who has two mixed drinks at a bar. Also, Marie Antoinette did not say “Let them eat cake”; she refused to disclaim the rumor because she thought it was just too silly.

MY RECYCLABLES HAVE been out for two days and no one had picked them up. I have called the 311 line numerous times and have had no response from them.

RAVES TO MR. MITCHELL at the Harlem IGA. He is always so nice to people. He does his work with a smile.

seenitB4
seenitB4 06/27/13 - 12:13 pm
Take that national news

Paula Deen's new book is now #1 on Amazon (not even out yet) her other books are coming up the list

when I watch national news I have to hold my nose.....they lead in with the negatives & hate to say this BUT HER SALES ARE SKY HIGH....

seenitB4
seenitB4 06/27/13 - 12:15 pm
Heck

Paula could stay home & write books from now on...& thumb her nose at these companies...heh heh

CobaltGeorge
CobaltGeorge 06/27/13 - 01:39 pm
Sweet son

There has been shoot out here almost every weekend for the past 36 years. All the neighbors that live in the 680 acres surround me will probably be here shooting too.

corgimom
corgimom 06/27/13 - 02:38 pm
To ranter#1- I don't care if

To ranter#1- I don't care if convicted murderers get married in prison.

But I think whoever marries them has a total lack of common sense.

Richard Ramirez, the Night Stalker, who was a serial killer and rapist in California, got married in prison. His wife, Doreen Lioz, (who everybody in California thought was many bricks short of a load), said, "I just look into his eyes and I know he didn't do it." She was 41 when she married him and a self-described virgin at the time.

He was convicted of 13 murders.

Makes your skin crawl, doesn't it?

Richard died in prison about 3 weeks ago, good riddance.

nocnoc
nocnoc 06/27/13 - 03:28 pm
LL - Agreed ...

But it would take me a month of nights to sort out the data base the way any reader has access to the data.

The way the data base of is setup is ALL or a selected type of crime.

There are 20 to 30 versions of just Burglary.
10 types Agg assaults
7 types of murder.
12 types of robbery
etc....

So I went with total reported crimes ALL.

corgimom
corgimom 06/27/13 - 03:22 pm
Nocnoc, that AC database is

Nocnoc, that AC database is for informational use only, it's limited and doesn't report every crime. It doesn't really tell much of anything, and certainly shouldn't be used to draw any conclusions about any area.

But what is humorous is that Countyman swears up and down about how safe the CBD is- well, yeah, it's sparsely populated, it shouldn't have a lot of crime, it's mostly businesses and not all that many people live there.

corgimom
corgimom 06/27/13 - 03:25 pm
I don't know why anybody

I don't know why anybody expected the trash service change to go smooth- it's well-known that anything the city government gets involved in WILL be messed up, they couldn't get a one-car funeral right

corgimom
corgimom 06/27/13 - 03:26 pm
Paula Deen is getting as

Paula Deen is getting as annoying as Paris Hilton and Kim Kardashian, and that's saying a lot.

If she would just HUSH, this would all go away in just a few days.

nocnoc
nocnoc 06/27/13 - 03:39 pm
Corgimom - Congratulations you picked up on the fact

of the CBD had 500+ arrests, but a residential population a lot less than of other similar size areas. Which means that a number of robberies are committed in the CBD by outside criminals.

The fact is the CBD after dark has crime, just using the arrest data.

There are other areas with higher numbers but they also have higher populations.

KSL
KSL 06/27/13 - 04:26 pm
Just got an email from

Just got an email from Lindsey Graham. Here is a quote: I am constantly under attack because I am an outspoken conservative.

KSL
KSL 06/27/13 - 05:08 pm
Not many comments today.

Not many comments today.

sawgrass
sawgrass 06/27/13 - 06:11 pm
Paula Deen

If her sales figures depended on me, she would go broke. Why should someone so fake profit from all of this? I agree...what happened twenty (20) years ago should not be a factor now. But, she is SOOOO fake. Just go away. As someone on this page said...stay at home and write your phony books.

KSL
KSL 06/27/13 - 06:27 pm
sawgrass

You are twisting what the poster actually said. As for her books being phoney, please enlighten me.

seenitB4
seenitB4 06/27/13 - 06:27 pm
funny man^^

I just looked at your last 5 postings...everyone starts with paula deen..for someone who isn't interested you sho do post about her....

goodnight folks!

seenitB4
seenitB4 06/27/13 - 06:29 pm
ksl

Ck the posting history..hahah.....I have never seen a broken record like that ........bye bye again..I'm tired.

KSL
KSL 06/27/13 - 06:43 pm
sawgrass

I probably own hundreds of cookbooks. (One day I am going to count them.) But I don't own a single Paula Deen cookbook. So I honestly don't know why you say they are phoney. Please explain.

KSL
KSL 06/27/13 - 06:58 pm
sawgrass

Why the huge animosity for Paula Deen. I agree her drawl, in my opinion, is a little bit much and I have not watched her in years. So how is a cookbook fake?

KSL
KSL 06/27/13 - 07:01 pm
How is any cookbook phoney?

How is any cookbook phoney?

Court rules in probation case

ATLANTA -- The Supreme Court issued a unanimous decision this morning concluding that it is legal for local courts to contract with private companies to supervise offenders on probation for minor ...