Woman, son charged with tossing phones to inmates

Tuesday, June 25, 2013 1:38 PM
Last updated 10:35 PM

A Dallas, Ga., woman and her teenage son are facing charges after they tried to provide Augusta State Medical Prison inmates with cellphones, police said.

According to the Richmond County Sheriff’s Office, Alicia Michelle Price, 39, drove her 16-year-old son to the prison, where he tossed a bag of cellphones and phone chargers over the fence about noon May 12. Employees observed the incident.

Authorities obtained warrants June 13. Price was booked into the Richmond County jail Monday on five counts of going inside a guard line with contraband.

The juvenile also was charged.

fishman960
fishman960 06/25/13 - 12:41 pm
Clueless

Idiots!

dichotomy
dichotomy 06/25/13 - 12:47 pm
Well, now you've got them

Well, now you've got them both on the right side of the fence. KEEP THEM THERE A YEAR OR THREE.

scoobynews
scoobynews 06/25/13 - 01:30 pm
Too funny.

Too funny.

CricketSeranade
CricketSeranade 06/25/13 - 02:11 pm
Judging by the photo

I suspect she's not the brightest light on the christmas tree. I would ask what she was thinking, but I'm guessing that thinking isn't an activity she takes part in very often.

Fiat_Lux
Fiat_Lux 06/25/13 - 02:20 pm
With these two,

the elevator apparently does not go to the top floor.

Pops
Pops 06/25/13 - 03:14 pm
Is that

the son or the mother.........???

Pops
Pops 06/25/13 - 03:24 pm
What the report is not saying

is when the inmates got a look at her, they threw the phones back...along with anything else they could find to throw........

rmwhitley
rmwhitley 06/25/13 - 03:55 pm
The at&t

distributors of the criminal network.

Red Headed Step Child
Red Headed Step Child 06/25/13 - 03:59 pm
Well, it was thoughtful for

Well, it was thoughtful for them to include the chargers...

corgimom
corgimom 06/25/13 - 06:00 pm
There is a special place in

There is a special place in Hell for people that use their children to commit crimes. She is an unfit mother.

KSL
KSL 06/25/13 - 11:13 pm
Were they obamaphones?

Were they obamaphones?

palmetto1008
palmetto1008 06/26/13 - 05:39 am
You mean Bushaphones, KSL.

You mean Bushaphones, KSL.

my.voice
my.voice 06/26/13 - 07:32 am
The prisoners contracts were

The prisoners contracts were up for renewal.

KSL
KSL 06/26/13 - 08:15 am
No, I mean obamaphones. I

No, I mean obamaphones. I don't recall the abuse of the program under Bush that is widely being reported now.

Humble Angela
Humble Angela 06/26/13 - 12:01 pm
And under Bush Lifeline only

And under Bush Lifeline only included land lines.

Humble Angela
Humble Angela 06/26/13 - 12:01 pm
Blaming Bush for things Obama

Blaming Bush for things Obama does just never gets old, does it?

sugarbutton
sugarbutton 06/27/13 - 05:21 am
In my younger days

In my younger days raising two children pretty much alone, I worked a full time job and sometimes two part time jobs at the same time to provide for my kids. I didn't get assistance because it put me a few bucks over the limit. Now there is no limit to what the govt is scammed out of Section 8, Food Stamps, medicaid, claiming children that aren't yours on taxes......AMAZING! We have adopted a child who lost his Dad as a young infant and the mother and grandmother continued to receive benefits for him including WIC until I walked in and saw 10 cans of infant formula on the counter and said, OH HE-- NO. I'm spending $15 dollars every two or three days and you're hoarding the baby's formula. Bag it up it's going with me. They were so happy to have me take care of this child until I had the money train derailed. NO< I didn't get any money or aid for him, just put a dent in their entitlement ideas. So....what does the mother do? She has another baby. I do NOT get it. Where does this entitlement thing come into play? Why don't people work? Enuff said. Happy to be a mother again.

Dixieman
Dixieman 06/27/13 - 02:47 pm
One phone with charger...well...but a whole bag?

One phone might be for a relative, but a bag of phones and chargers would seem to indicated she was paid to provide them to a whole group of inmates. I have been told on occasion that I was not as smart as a bag of rocks, but at least I think I am smarter than a bag of phones.

MCG student, class buy kids' books for Ferguson library

Three weeks after the Missouri grand jury indictment verdict, Ashee Nicole Sharer created a Ferguson wish list on BarnesAndNoble.com, urging classmates to purchase a book for the Ferguson ...