Rants & Raves

Comments from readers:

IT IS ABSOLUTELY AMAZING Rants & Raves can print the most ignorant, racist things, but when someone comes on there with a little education and makes a little sense, it doesn’t get printed. I keep forgetting I live the good ol’ South. You would think with our president being as great as he is that things would change. Nawww, things are just like they always were – backwater and ignorant.

RANT TO THE commissioners. If you want to go down on Riverwalk, go down at night without the TV cameras and the news crews.

AFTER READING ROB PAVEY’S article about coyotes, the best way to coexist with a coyote is a bullet. That way you don’t have to worry about them eating your pets. We should do like Texas and have bounties on coyotes. With all the unemployed people, it would be a good way to make extra money.

RANT FOR THE Colum­bia County school board. Why in the world would you fire Chris Wilkins? Too many parents with money in Columbia County have too much say in our school system. We’re praying for you, coach.

PEOPLE THINK THAT because you are old, you can talk as loud as you want to in libraries. But if somebody young is talking loud, it is a problem. Just because you are older doesn’t mean you can talk loud.

ANYONE WANT TO try to justify how the massacre of U.S. troops by a Muslim officer in 2009 hasn’t yet seen a courtroom, while the trial of a U.S. enlisted man for killing civilians in 2012 is over, both under the same military justice system?

THERE IS NO WAY A person who can’t tell the difference between ethical and unethical practices should be running for mayor. Alvin Mason needs to understand that acceptance from Heery of Georgia Dome skybox seats and their direct contribution to his campaign by donations on neighborhood breakfasts and other events are totally unethical. Wake up, Alvin, you need to be squeaky clean if you are to run for mayor!

LOOKS LIKE FRANK ROBERSON has taken a page out of the Obama playbook when he appeared to be surprised of the outrage regarding school Principal Kim Davis. Apparently concerned parents tried to contact Roberson in the past but were not successful. Yes, it’s important that all of the facts be investigated by Roberson and action be taken where appropriate.

InChristLove
InChristLove 06/23/13 - 08:28 pm
"but when someone comes on

"but when someone comes on there with a little education and makes a little sense, it doesn’t get printed. "

Guess the first ranter weren't talking from experience.

"I keep forgetting I live the good ol’ South. .....backwater and ignorant," Well maybe it's time to move to the good ol' North.

Jake
Jake 06/23/13 - 09:04 pm
I like it .....

....when people post criticisms of the area where they live and the first response is always "why don't you move".
Maybe they don't want to move and maybe their criticisms are valid. How is an area going to improve if everyone believes the same thing because "that is the way we have always believed it".

Darby
Darby 06/24/13 - 01:17 am
"Just because you are older doesn't mean

you can talk loud."

Strange how as teenagers get older, older folks seem to get smarter.

Darby
Darby 06/24/13 - 01:17 am
"Just because you are older doesn't mean

you can talk loud."

Strange how as teenagers get older, older folks seem to get smarter.

Riverman1
Riverman1 06/24/13 - 05:12 am
Frustrated No One Gets His Brilliance

To ranter number one, it must be excruciating to be able to recognize the brilliance of Obama and yourself while not getting others to understand. I see your frustration. I bet your R and R's that were not printed were so intellectually stimulating the Chronicle may have feared the unrest your remarks would generate. It could be it's not only the South that is being unfair to you, maybe it's the western hemisphere or maybe everyone? I can't speak for the rest of civilization, but, personally, I'm going to strive to read and learn so I will at least be able to comprehend your magnificent comments.

seenitB4
seenitB4 06/24/13 - 06:16 am
Sorry Jake

But this statement...
Nawww, things are just like they always were – backwater and ignorant.

Just doesn't make me feel warm & fuzzy.....nahhh...guess we jest ain't got the smarts to socialize with the likes of that poster......
Let me run out to the oole outhouse now......b4 my younguns git up.....cause weuans will slop the pigs b4 sunup.

seenitB4
seenitB4 06/24/13 - 06:21 am
Get real here...with this rant

Just because you are older doesn’t mean you can talk loud.

Older folks can't hear well.....& one day if YOU are lucky ...you will understand....amazing how we treat our elders today...I worshiped my grandparents & would give anything to have them with me again...another sign of this decaying world we live in.

seenitB4
seenitB4 06/24/13 - 06:45 am
Poem for our elders ....

In olden times respect was shown to age
And youth revered the hoary-headed sage
But times have changed, the old are flung aside
To clear the way for youthful prating pride.

Oft have I seen the self-conceited youth,
As ignorant of manners as of truth,
Ignore old men and hold them up to scorn
As garments which should be no longer worn.

Should young America this course pursue
And rob the aged of their rightful due!
Is this her boast? then let it be her shame--
A cloud to hide the glory of her name.

A crown of glory is the hoary head
To him who is by truth and virtue led,
ANd those old veterans in the cause of truth
Should get the homage of our rising youth.

Experience teaches, and the aged should
Know what is bad and what is truly good,
And so the young who venture on life's stage
Should take their counsel from the hoary sage.

Our clever youth oft make it a pretence
To mock old men found limited in sense;
'Tis wickedness, their age commands respect
And therefore none should treat them with neglect.

More poems by S. Moore

justthefacts
21993
justthefacts 06/24/13 - 07:32 am
Rant 1

"You would think with our president being as great as he is that things would change." What bizarro world is that dilusional person living in?

CobaltGeorge
CobaltGeorge 06/24/13 - 07:52 am
Good Morning "AC" America.

Here's my response to so happy ranter 1.

bdouglas
bdouglas 06/24/13 - 08:29 am
I guess there's no telling

I guess there's no telling how many of the same types of rants don't get published, but it seems the best way to get your rant published is to complain about the AC never publishing your rant. But then you've wasted your one shot on complaining about never getting a shot. Somebody at the AC who gets to pick these has a sense of humor...

allhans
allhans 06/24/13 - 09:00 am
I am assuming ranter # 1 is

I am assuming ranter # 1 is speaking to the AA community since they are in the majority here in Augusta.
I hear the unemployment rate is higher for blacks than any other group...
Now if you are a celebrity, one of "the chosen ones", oh boy!

allhans
allhans 06/24/13 - 09:03 am
Cobalt George, 7:52

Cobalt George, 7:52 AM...Brilliant!

InChristLove
InChristLove 06/24/13 - 09:13 am
"Maybe they don't want to

"Maybe they don't want to move and maybe their criticisms are valid. How is an area going to improve "

Jake, the ranter isn't looking to improve, they're just ticked because their rant didn't get published. Why wouldn't they want to move, surely they despise the place if they think the ol' South is uneducated, backwater and ignorant.

daphne3520
daphne3520 06/24/13 - 10:16 am
Rant# 1 IS correct!!!!!! NO TEXT.

no text

Augusta resident
Augusta resident 06/24/13 - 10:16 am
offended

Did anyone else see the SPOTTED picture of the girl posing and showing off her bracelet that said " I Love Vagina" Is this ok to put in the paper?

Humble Angela
Humble Angela 06/24/13 - 10:17 am
Interesting how the first

Interesting how the first ranter makes a generalized, ignorant statement about all people in the south. I'm overwhelmed by the irony.

seenitB4
seenitB4 06/24/13 - 10:23 am
Paula Deen will be back

It seems Matt wants her back...Wed am show....maybe some realize the woman was trashed.....interesting turn around.

itsanotherday1
itsanotherday1 06/24/13 - 10:28 am
Jake, people working for

Jake, people working for positive change don't insult the entire community.

I have found that seasoned citizens are also some of the worst culprits at talking during a movie. I'm sorry, if you are hard of hearing, don't go to a movie. Wait until it comes on TV and crank the volume to where you can understand it. To the others, movie theaters are not your living room. If you want to have a conversation, RedBox will have the movie soon enough; rent it and watch it at home, where you can chat your your little hearts out. And while I am on my soapbox; if you are going to smuggle food in, PLEASE use a plastic bag and not paper or cellophane that you rattle in my ear for the first 1/2 of the show.

Dudeness
Dudeness 06/24/13 - 10:30 am
How would a reader know if

How would a reader know if someone "comes on there with a little education and makes a little sense" if whatever it was he is referring to was not printed? Surely he is not referring to his own rants as being educated and making a little sense?

InChristLove
InChristLove 06/24/13 - 10:31 am
Augusta Resident, if you saw

Augusta Resident, if you saw the pictures you'd have to see the bracelet...she was proudly pointing it out. Also along that line was the young man sporting a t-shirt that had either Dicks or Janes on the front and I don't believe it was Janes.

dichotomy
dichotomy 06/24/13 - 10:37 am
" You would think with our

" You would think with our president being as great as he is"

Heh heh heh, I will say that he has certainly turned out to be everything THAT I THOUGHT HE WOULD BE.........and everything the conservatives told us he would be.

Anyone who still thinks he is "great" is not looking at anything but the mirror to make sure they are both the same color. He has totally lost all respect from other world leaders. I've haven't seen anyone take a dressing down from a Russian leader like Putin did to Obama since Nikita Khrushchev told off John Kennedy in the '60s. Obama has put the Muslim Brotherhood in charge of most of the Middle East and North Africa. Obama and the Democrats have destroyed our healthcare system and substituted the UN-Affordable Health Care Act which was unaffordable when it passed and has now DOUBLED in cost before it even takes effect and will likely DOUBLE again. Obama and the Democrats are using the power of the IRS, the FBI, the ATF, and the EPA to PUNISH the conservative opposition groups.

There is simply no end to the list of harm Obama and his administration (to include Hillary Clinton) have done to this country. They have damaged our economy, the value of our money, they have damaged our energy industry, that have lost all credibility and respect from other nations, they have lost the trust of at least 50% of the American people and destroyed ANY confidence they had left in the political impartiality of their government agencies.

Obama is a total, 100% disaster and will make Jimmy Carter look like a genius in the history books......oh, I forgot......the younger demographic that put Obama in power were not taught U.S. History in our failing school system. They don't remember how having an Obama/Putin relationship that is very similar to Kennedy/Khrushchev where our president was perceived as weak, inexperienced, and liberal almost caused a nuclear war.

Yeh, Obama is great alright.....the GREAT PRENTENDER.

allhans
allhans 06/24/13 - 10:44 am
I have to look up the video

I have to look up the video where Obama is telling us how much worldwide respect we have gained since Hillary was S of S and how she created so much love among other leaders for the US.

If it wasn't so tragic, I could almost laugh at the buffoonery.

Darby
Darby 06/24/13 - 11:01 am
"Maybe they don't want to move

and maybe their criticisms are valid."

And then again, as evidenced in the first rant, maybe their criticisms are NOT valid!

And if their criticisms were valid, would they not have the intelligence to expresses them? Would it not be incumbent on the ranter to lay out his complaint rather than strike out against an entire region of the country in such a juvenile and sophomoric manner?

Just asking....

Darby
Darby 06/24/13 - 11:03 am
"but when someone comes on

there with a little education and makes a little sense, it doesn't get printed."

Apparently VERY LITTLE EDUCATION, making VERY LITTLE SENSE...

"I keep forgetting I live the good ol’ South."
He/she really should have that checked out. Could be a sign of early onset Alzheimer's.

It's normally rather easy to remember your mailing address.

RoadkiII
RoadkiII 06/24/13 - 12:00 pm
Kicking a Dead Horse Again

Border control... why don't we just ask Mexico to control their northern border the same way they control the southern. They have a fence. Don't take my word for it, look at it on google maps.

Sweet son
Sweet son 06/24/13 - 12:16 pm
Thanks to some of my friends and all of the rest of you

who bashed Ranter # 1. He/she deserved it!!!!

Young Fred
Young Fred 06/24/13 - 12:42 pm
I bet

Ranter #1 is one of those that still ride around with an Obama/Biden bumper sticker. Not only did they vote for the disgraceful joke, they’re PROUD of it don’tyaknow, and wish to show the world!!!

I’m thinking his unprinted comments showing “a little” education and “a little” sense, more likely show “very little” education and sense.

Darby
Darby 06/24/13 - 03:55 pm
"I'm going to strive to read and learn so I

will at least be able to comprehend your magnificent comments."

OK, Riverman1, you get today's Gold Star for most appropriate and well directed sarcasm.

Problem is, Ranter #1 will almost certainly take you seriously.

He/she is just that intelligent.

RoadkiII
RoadkiII 06/24/13 - 04:46 pm
Congress is at it again.

Congress is at it again. Adding stuff to the immigration bill that has NOTHING to do with immigration. We need a President that will veto the whole damn thing. One thing for sure, the Emperor we have now isn't going to do it.