Rants & Raves

Comments from readers:

I TRIED SEVERAL times on several different days to get 311. I got a message to leave a message or submit it online. Doesn’t anybody work in the city of Augusta?

IN THIS COUNTRY there is no justice. The good and honest people get punished by the judges, and the gangsters walk away with a smile ready to find the next victim.

WHEN WILL THE Columbia County Sheriff’s Office start enforcing the underage driving of golf carts? They are truly a hazard in my subdivision.

THANK YOU AND appreciation to the people at Doctors Hospital radiation center. I turned 85 about a month ago and I have never met any nicer people.

IF YOU ARE NOT a home run hitter, you don’t play for coach Wilkins. You are not on the field and not in the lineup. I say good riddance, and let’s move on.

THE MANDATORY garbage service is a violation of the Americans With Disabilities Act because people with wheelchairs, walkers or crutches cannot walk far enough to leave things at the street. With once-a-week pickup, it will get heavier.

IF YOU THINK YOU are angry at the garbage-collection scam, just wait until next year when the Augusta Commission rain-tax scam kicks you where it hurts most.

I AM A CONTRACTOR and would love one of those million-dollar contracts with the city. I could take a few commissioners to the Braves game. But I do not have a sky box, so I guess that means I am out of luck.

RANT FOR LINDSEY Graham, who stated, “If you’re not getting a call from a terrorist organization, you’ve got nothing to worry about.” Won’t the IRS, the attorney general or the head of Homeland Security get to define terrorist organizations? I believe they already consider The NRA, the tea party, pregnancy care centers, Fox News, Rush Limbaugh and churches as terrorist organizations.

THIS IS IN ANSWER to the griper complaining about people looking to
the left when making a right-hand turn: Appar­ently this person hasn’t driven around here very long, else he/she would know the reason people do this is because a high percentage of idiots love to run red lights. If you value your life, you will pause before going on the green because if you don’t, you might be the next stiff, bloody body down at the morgue. Be safe, slow down.

nocnoc
nocnoc 06/17/13 - 07:38 pm
The Wife is fed up.

The Wife is fed up.

She went off about an hour ago.
Screwed up reduced pickup of stinking garbage.
MORE Flies everywhere.
SPLOST's to pay for SPOLST's, TPLOSTS and now Rain taxes.
Tax the South Side to spend it downtown.
Build a new Baseball stadium.
CBD plans.
Road blocks and checkpoints.
Proposed Verandas on buildings.
Redoing Broad street parking again.
Building a New civic center DOWNTOWN instead where the population is.
Higher Water Bills/sewer bills.
Hypocrite Politicians yelling at others for working, while they take bribes.
Judges slapping the wrists on Gang Bangers who a year kill someone.
Comcast over charging and delivering less service.
Only 1 Comcast full service office serving 2 counties and 24 miles away.
Having to traveling 16 miles to see a movie, or shop in a safe area.
A private click that always seems to get its hands on Taxpayer money.
ARC now wants more $$$$ for another Let's Rebuild Downtown Project?

She has already started packing in her mind and where mama goes,
I go.

She just broke out the maps for Walton Co., Barrow, Habersham, Rabun, Morgan, Upper Hall or White Co.

I hope she clams down I don't want to move again right now.

seenitB4
seenitB4 06/17/13 - 07:59 pm
B4 you make up your mind nocnoc

Try Towns county ...up above White.....it is beautiful & has Lake Chatuge....we love it when we are there....
Right on the N C line......

nite all..♥

Little Lamb
Little Lamb 06/17/13 - 10:48 pm
Performing Arts

A long time ago they called them “Municipal Auditoriums.”

Then they changed the moniker to “Civic Centers.”

Then the buzzword became “Multi-purpose Arenas.”

As of late, the politically chic term is “Performing Arts Centers.”

(Oh, yes, let us not forget that you need to include ‘state-of-the-art’ to show you are really hip.)

Well, I say that nocnoc (and his wife) have hit on a good idea. If you build a new auditorium to host plays, concerts, lectures, symposia, you are not building it to draw tourists. No, you are building it for locals to patronize. Out-of-towners are just a bonus. Therefore, putting it where the people who buy the tickets actually live would be better than putting it downtown.

CobaltGeorge
CobaltGeorge 06/18/13 - 07:08 am
Good Morning "AC" America

Well, according to #9, I must be at the top of the list as a terrorist. I get 20 or more daily emails from "National Director, Dee of the Tea Party", Long time member and contributor of the NRA, The only propaganda News I listen to is Fox - Rush Limbaugh, Have 5 Large different version of the Bible, despise the destructive action of the King SMNCICBHO(M), and don't like the Liberals mind set to make this once great nation a 3rd world country.
I guess it is just a matter of time before the "Brown Suits" knock on my Door.

CobaltGeorge
CobaltGeorge 06/18/13 - 07:16 am
Shootout and Meeting of the AC Minds 2

At Present there are 18 who plan to attend. If anybody would like to attend, please let me know by the 21st so I can make the necessary arrangements.
I'm still having to build my emails addresses due to a disk crash.
Some of you on here don't allow contact through AC so please email me at "cobaltgeorge@comcast.net"

I will send out an email to all those that I have of who are planning to attend.

seenitB4
seenitB4 06/18/13 - 09:35 am
The rant says....

. But I do not have a sky box, so I guess that means I am out of luck.

Yeh buddy ..you are out of luck!!

CobaltGeorge
CobaltGeorge 06/18/13 - 09:38 am
itsanotherday1

That is one darn good link. Too bad so many will close their ears to what he has spoken and not realize that they are on a road to misery.

dichotomy
dichotomy 06/18/13 - 10:16 am
"THE MANDATORY garbage

"THE MANDATORY garbage service is a violation of the Americans With Disabilities Act"

The way THEY pulled the bait and switch on us I think it qualifies for a criminal charge of "theft by deception".

countyman
20627
countyman 06/18/13 - 10:47 am
Storm water fee

#7.. Both Aiken & Columbia already have the storm water fee. I forgot the shy can only fall in Richmond County.

Noncoc. You should have brought up the Butler Creek Greenway, $20 million vocational high school, ongoing construction at Diamond Lakes, $3-4 million lake at Regency mall, millons for the Dover/Lyman area, future Mike Padgett/Windsor Spring/etc road projects, $30 million I-520 improvements underway, General Perry Smith parkway/Augusta Regional industrial park, new tag/utility office, etc in South Augusta..

I would have mentioned the baseball stadium is proposed for North Augusta, and the majority of cities built their arena downtown.

There's plenty of safe areas to shop in South Augusta, and driving 16 miles sounds like personal choice. The most popular shopping center is the Augusta Exchange, and its not 16 miles away. Only three areas in the CSRA even have their own movie theater, and the Evans/Aiken locations are small. The next theater is opening in the a Village at Riverwatch, and the old theater in the August West Plaza was purchased recently. Everybody has to drive a couple of miles to the movie theater unless you live in West Augusta, Evans, or Aiken.

The comments in relation to South Augusta paying for everything are strange. South Augusta would have more newer commercial development if they could afford to pay for all the city projects downtown. I don't know why people seem to think the richer areas of West Augusta, Summerville, Forest Hills, etc don't help with the taxpayer funded projects. Those areas would love to received the same amount of taxpayer money that was invested into South Augusta lately.

seenitB4
seenitB4 06/18/13 - 10:42 am
nocnoc

If you move will you still post here....or is that a stupid question...lol

I can understand your Mrs feelings.....

internationallyunknown
internationallyunknown 06/18/13 - 11:47 am
I recently saw a pic of the

I recently saw a pic of the new police cars on Facebook via the Sherriffs page...they look GREAT! They will look even better when they are out in the streets doing their job or with criminals in the back seat.

seenitB4
seenitB4 06/18/13 - 12:09 pm
Nudists want to lobby...

Hats will be welcomed.....hahah...where do they put the dang name tags......

itsanotherday1
itsanotherday1 06/18/13 - 12:25 pm
Both Aiken & Columbia already have the storm water fee.

And we don't like it one bit either. There should be a one time fee imposed on new developments to deal with the added costs of the additional runoff. Why does someone who lives well away from developments and has been there paying taxes for the last umpteen years need to pay stormwater fees when their runoff isn't the problem?

nocnoc
nocnoc 06/18/13 - 03:00 pm
ONCE AND FOR ALL -

ONCE AND FOR ALL - COUNTYMAN

There is no CITY except when it comes to spending taxpayer $$$$$.

Again you mix apples and oranges.

A UNIFIED CONSOLIDATED Centrally located Government building has NOTHING to do with Diamond Lakes.

Centrally located Civic Centers has NOTHING to do with GA-DOT Road projects.

Revitalization plan after plan costing $$millions$$ strictly focused Downtown has NOTHING to do with the 3/4 of ARC.

Yes the baseball stadium is was shot down, but still seems to rear its ugly face as a future concept. I guess after the "right" commissioners are elected we'll see it again.

The College Dorm Project is a another MILLION DOLLAR DOWNTOWN Project. Why don't you share with us who owns the surrounding land and a whole short street next to a mill?

While I commend your selling growth of and for ARC.
But you are not doing well as a fruit seller.

Too many taxpayer dollars still seem to be headed downtown vs. spread around all of ARC.

Want to blow a trumpet for the South Side?
Talk up a a SS-Disadvantaged Business District with ZERO TAXES for any business employing 20 full time employees or more for 5 years.

Support plans to USE GSSH as something.
Or did you forget that GSSH practically closes in 2015. Projected Layoffs of 250 of staff.

I extend my apologies if I sound harsh, but like many I get sick on too much sugar.

corgimom
corgimom 06/18/13 - 04:13 pm
Seenit, I have another good

Seenit, I have another good book for you. This one is fiction.

The Silver Star, by Jeanette Wells. It's set in VA, you'll love it.

corgimom
corgimom 06/18/13 - 04:47 pm
To ranter #6- contact your

To ranter #6- contact your trash provider, say that you cannot take your can to the curb, and leave your can stored outside where they can have access to it. They will come get it for you.

There are people out there that just aren't happy unless they dream up imaginary problems, you know?

Soggy_Bottom
Soggy_Bottom 06/18/13 - 08:30 pm
Da Gar-bage

Yea! My trash has been picked up on time. I have my new recycle bin. The Lady from Augusta Solid Waste called on Saturday to verify receiving my email and assured me my bin was forthcoming (which it arrived Monday) See, time will tell.