Rants & Raves

WHY CAN’T OUR commissioners get the concept of conflict of interest?

WELL, I WON’T BE around in 2030 when the So­­cial Security funds dry up! What I don’t understand is that there are 11 million on disability also drawing from the same fund. I know a number of people on disability that should not be there, so I think it’s time that those on disability get a closer look. There is something wrong with this number (11 million). It looks like there are too many people getting a free ride!

DOES ANYONE agree that Obama and Holder should go, and could they please take Azziz with them?

RANT TO the Columbia County Tag Office, where two people were working at the windows, a huge line of people were backed up and the rest of the folks were just sitting at their desks not even helping.

SOMETHING IS WRONG with the summer ball program at Evans.

RAVE FOR THE NEW garbage pickup. This is the first time since Richmond County made me start using their service that I haven’t had to go out there after the truck left and pick up the garbage they left in the road.

nocnoc
nocnoc 06/16/13 - 08:07 pm
PC WARNING - Saggin is PC protected

It is against the PC rules to voice and objection to Grown Men Saggin.

It is Freedom of Booty Call Expression, protected under PC-Fascism rules.

I wonder if liberal people would support PC as much if they understood where it started and it roots.

☺♂☺

nocnoc
nocnoc 06/16/13 - 08:07 pm
Funny but has a serious side

Funny but has a serious side .

Saw a Tee-Shirt today.

It said

"NATIONAL SECURITY ADMINISTRATION.
The only part of the government that
actually listens. "

seenitB4
seenitB4 06/16/13 - 07:48 pm
I missed this article this am

But it is a good lesson in life..thanks for that story...♥

nite nite

itsanotherday1
itsanotherday1 06/16/13 - 11:21 pm
Because most politicians are hogs at the trough.

"WHY CAN’T OUR commissioners get the concept of conflict of interest?"

itsanotherday1
itsanotherday1 06/16/13 - 11:30 pm
Last ranter

I love you. Immigrants have a POV that is lost on most native born Americans. Maggie Thatcher stands out as a seminal figure in world history, and I wish we had a similar female in this country ready to take the reins.

Young Fred
Young Fred 06/16/13 - 11:46 pm
2030!

hardeeharhar,

You have to admire over-optimism...or do you?

Young Fred
Young Fred 06/17/13 - 12:04 am
"IF SMOKING IS bothering the

"IF SMOKING IS bothering the girl in the antismoking commercial so much, why doesn’t she get a job at McDonald’s or Wendy’s?"

Because this is the US of A by God! If she doesn't like it she can insist the employer changes his/her ways to suit her (or so I'm told according to the constitution).

The last time I checked, it's the greedy capatilist's responsibility to grant employee wishes! If they fail to meet her wishes, she only has to contact the DOL, EOE, OSHA, or ScWusAll!

I'm so happy that there's whole regiments of bureacrats looking after my every need, want, fart and wiff.

Young Fred
Young Fred 06/17/13 - 12:10 am
"RAVE FOR THE sheriff’s

"RAVE FOR THE sheriff’s department. You are doing a great job, but the greatest job would be to get the drug dealers out of Dogwood Terrace. And I am tired of looking at grown men walking around like they have a dirty diaper on. I am tired of looking at their drawers. I know I am not the only one. That is indecent exposure. Clean that up. That is nasty.'

Your problem is you're racist. It's every person's right to walk around with half their derriere showing. The only people that have a problem with that is uptight whitey types. Let's get real here! The world has way to many problems, than for people going around worrying about a general break-down in societal decency.

Young Fred
Young Fred 06/17/13 - 12:15 am
"RANT TO the Columbia County

"RANT TO the Columbia County Tag Office"

LOL, you're ticked because bureaucrats aren't efficient? You show me one, just one government department run efficiently for one year, hell, one month, I'll eat my shoes and put in my resume.

Young Fred
Young Fred 06/17/13 - 12:16 am
"I UNDERSTAND they are going

"I UNDERSTAND they are going after the IRS. I have three words for them. Sic ’em, sic ’em, sic ’em."

Who is "they"? Let me know, I'd like to make a donation.

Young Fred
Young Fred 06/17/13 - 12:27 am
"I CAME HERE from England in

"I CAME HERE from England in 1958. I can’t believe the America I admire and love has sunk so low. When I see how much the American people are paying for all the IRS perks, my heart breaks when I remember the brave WWII American soldiers fighting and dying for home and country. America needs a good, strong, honest conservative in power. Ronald Reagan, Mar­garet Thatcher and Winston Churchill would put an end to this socialist government."

Yep - to bad there doesn't seem to be "a good, strong, honest conservative" on the radar. Honesty, with a good dose of humility, is what we need. Somebody that realizes serving (SERVING!) is a privilage.

Alas, I'm very, very afraid we've passed the point of no return. I see absolutely no person in the national spotlight that lives up to those expectations. The worst thing about it, is, the portion of the populace that is so, so accepting, accepting of that which any alert person finds unacceptable.

Humble Angela
Humble Angela 06/17/13 - 06:25 am
Saggin'

While I think the guys with their pants around their thighs are making their own selves look foolish and quite stupid, I have yet to see one with his derriere showing. I can't imagine why someone would be offended by seeing boxer shorts, but not seeing some other type of shorts. Again...it looks quite stupid, but offensive? I think not.

WAG
WAG 06/17/13 - 06:33 am
As for the tag office in CC

As for the tag office in CC they are just like all government employees. Take your time you wont get fired. Onlu they are worse. Especially the guy that runs the place. All he thinks about is showing women around his impressive office...Not! Thats what happens when you lose a lot of weight . you so cool!

Little Lamb
Little Lamb 06/17/13 - 07:45 am
Rant #7

Do you want the sheriff department to begin an investigation to attempt to find out what is wrong?

seenitB4
seenitB4 06/17/13 - 08:08 am
OOh wag

You are funny.

seenitB4
seenitB4 06/17/13 - 08:15 am
If we only knew how many

It would blow our mind if we really knew the figure of the free rides!

itsanotherday1
itsanotherday1 06/17/13 - 08:18 am
Agree with HA, it is just

Agree with HA, it is just plain ignorant looking, but not any more offensive than the stupid looking pajamas worn in public.

Humble Angela
Humble Angela 06/17/13 - 08:37 am
isanotherday....it's sort of

isanotherday....it's sort of like people saying a bikini in public is ok, but a bra and panties is not. What's the difference?

seenitB4
seenitB4 06/17/13 - 08:45 am
Long but sooo funny..thanks happy

A Man's Age, as Determined by a Trip to Home Depot

You are in the middle of a few projects at your home: putting in a new fence, painting the basement walls, putting in a new garden. You are hot and sweaty, covered in dust, lawn clippings, dirt and paint. You have your old work clothes on. You know the outfit -- shorts with the hole in the crotch, oldT-shirt with a stain from who-knows-what, and an old pair of tennis shoes.

Right in the middle of these projects you realize you need to run to Home Depot for supplies.
Depending on your age you might do the following:

In your 20s:
Stop what you are doing. Shave, take a shower, blow dry your hair, brush your teeth, floss and put on clean clothes.
Check yourself in the mirror and flex. Add a dab of your favorite cologne because, you never know, you just might meet some hot chick while standing in the checkout line.

And yes, you went to school with the pretty girl running the register.

In your 30s:
Stop what you are doing, put on clean shorts and shirt. Change your shoes. You married the hot chick so no need for much else.
Wash your hands and comb your hair. Check yourself in the mirror. Still got it. Add a shot of your favorite cologne to cover the smell.

The cute girl running the register is the kid sister of someone you went to school with.

In your 40s:
Stop what you are doing. Put on a sweatshirt that is long enough to cover the hole in the crotch of your shorts.
Put on different shoes and a hat. Wash your hands. Your bottle of Brute is almost empty, so don't waste any of it on a trip to Home Depot.
Check yourself in the mirror and do more sucking in than flexing.

The hot young thing running the register is your daughter's age and you feel weird about thinking she's spicy.

In your 50s:
Stop what you are doing. Put on a hat. Wipe the dirt off your hands onto your shirt. Change shoes because you don't want to get dog crap in your new sports car. Check yourself in the mirror and swear not to wear that shirt anymore because it makes you look fat.

The cutie running the register smiles when she sees you coming and you think you still have it. Then you remember -- the hat you have on is from Bubba's Bait & Beer Bar and it says, 'I Got Worms '

In your 60s:
Stop what you are doing. No need for a hat any more. Hose the dog crap off your shoes. The mirror was shattered when you were in your 50s. You hope you have underwear on so nothing hangs out the hole in your pants.

The girl running the register may be cute but you don't have your glasses on, so you're not sure.

In your 70s:
Stop what you are doing. Wait to go to Home Depot until the drug store has your prescriptions ready too. Don't even notice the dog crap on your shoes.
The young thing at the register stares at you and you realize your ***s are hanging out the hole in your crotch.

In your 80s:
Stop what you are doing. Start again. Then stop again. Now you remember you need to go to Home Depot. Go to Wal-Mart instead. You went to school with the old lady greeter.
You wander around trying to remember what you are looking for.

In your 90s & beyond:
What's a home deep hoe? Something for my garden? Where am I? Who am I? Why am I reading this? Did I send it? Did you? Who farted?

justthefacts
justthefacts 06/17/13 - 08:54 am
For the record

Bra and panties in public is fine with me.

seenitB4
seenitB4 06/17/13 - 08:59 am
JTF

I guess that means on males too! hahaha

justthefacts
justthefacts 06/17/13 - 09:26 am
Seenit

Hmmm, seems there's a catch for everything. I need to rethink the situation.

Young Fred
Young Fred 06/17/13 - 09:29 am
HA - "Again...it looks quite

HA - "Again...it looks quite stupid, but offensive? I think not."

Ya, you're correct as usual, I guess I'm letting my age show. It is every young persons right as a free citizen to act like a disrespectful 'tard.

Humble Angela
Humble Angela 06/17/13 - 09:30 am
YoungFred....and they will

YoungFred....and they will wonder why they can't get a job.....assuming they are trying to get one.

ColdBeerBoiledPeanuts
ColdBeerBoiledPeanuts 06/17/13 - 09:36 am
Clothing

Proper clothing is still in style. Someone coming to me with baggy sagging clothes or pajamas on, asking for a job will never be hired. I have cancelled orders and walked out of restaurants when a patron entered with boxers showing and the employee told me, that is they way things are now. Not for my money they aren't. That comment insured an e mail to the manager of one establishment and a face to face conversation with the owner of another. Needless to say, the offending employees no longer are employed there and both have signs saying "Shoes, Shirts and Pants Pulled Up for Service."
A bikini has it's place but not in a retail establishment without a coverup, the same goes for a mankini, even though I hope to never see another one!!

Humble Angela
Humble Angela 06/17/13 - 09:39 am
I'm not saying this doesn't

I'm not saying this doesn't look stupid, but there is nothing showing but the kid's arms. How is it offensive?

seenitB4
seenitB4 06/17/13 - 09:53 am
humble..think

Now just say I go out in public with my drawers showing...a 60ish ole lady..heh....my pants are dragging the ground & my underwear is flowing wide ** open...I would bet good money that some folks would come up to me & say....Mamm...you better check your clothing...something ain't right!

With my mind lately..ANYTHING is possible!

Young Fred
Young Fred 06/17/13 - 09:54 am
HA, not sure if you're trying

HA, not sure if you're trying to be sarcastic, but...

It's offensive because he's showing complete disregard towards society. It's like, well there are a whole slew of examples, but it's like walking around in public with your forefinger buried in your nose up to the second knuckle. When someone walks around with pant waist about thigh high, you can make book they're not headed to the library.

Humble Angela
Humble Angela 06/17/13 - 10:00 am
All I'm saying is that

All I'm saying is that everyone has a right to look and act stupid, as long as they are willing to pay the consequences. The people that say it is obscene and want to pass laws against it are pushing an encroachment onto the 1st Amendment. The same goofy looking kids with their boxers showing might be offended by someone with their pants pulled up to their armpits. Neither is obscene, but both look goofy.

Riverman1
Riverman1 06/17/13 - 10:35 am
I wonder how judges react

I wonder how judges react when a defendant comes to court with his boxers exposed?

Christmas Eve rains to dry up

If Wednesday seemed particularly wet and dreary, you would be right. The day broke the record for the wettest Christmas Eve that Augusta has ever had.