Rants & Raves

AS I LISTENED TO the news today, I realized that we in America are just plain stupid. An American mother is arrested riding in a bus in Mexico for a package of drugs attached under the seat she happened to sit on. While here a woman who came across the border illegally is complaining she is not receiving enough benefits although she is receiving free housing, medical, food stamps, etc.

KIDS OF PARENTS who can afford to provide things for the school get to play baseball, while the kids of parents who do not have the money and do not suck up to the coaches sit on the bench. It is all about politics and money.

IMAGINE MY SURPRISE when reading about the UGA football safety who admitted to smoking pot and was suspended for one game when 16 players at Greenbrier High who were caught drinking and smoking spice were suspended from the team and the school for two semesters. The administrators need to consider the damage to all concerned. A miscarriage of justice.

RANT TO THE MAN driving a burgundy SUV in Lowe’s, Bobby Jones Expressway, who backed into my car and drove off. Did you even look in your rearview mirror to notice that I had already started backing out of my parking space? Did you even feel the bump when you hit my back bumper on the driver’s side? Now I have a remembrance of your arrogance! You drove off so fast, I could not get your license tag number. What a move!

A BIG THANK YOU to Mr. Tommy at Pendleton King Park for all his help when we had our family reunion. The place was clean, all the grass was cut and the place looked nice. Mr. Tommy makes the park a nice place to come to.

IF OUR CONGRESSMEN and senators really want to stop government waste a great place to start would be with foreign aid to all the Muslim countries that HATE US. They will hate us for free; why pay them billions in our taxpayer’s money?

RAVE TO THE yard waste and heavy item pickup crew that has been servicing the Country Club subdivision for the last few years. You have done a great job and you will be missed.

seenitB4
seenitB4 06/13/13 - 06:44 am
Muslim countries that HATE US.

I got the most interesting email about this...lol

Think about it...they are fighting & unhappy in almost EVERY muslim country.....but when they live in other countries they want to change things to fit their home .....DUH DUH....if it didn't work where they came from what makes anyone think it would work elsewhere.....I say..wake up...esp the USA & stop trying to accomodate the outdated & insane requests....

seenitB4
seenitB4 06/13/13 - 06:47 am
Time to get tough

The USA will have to wake up & get tough on free loaders coming into this country....any color--any race--we have our share already.

corgimom
corgimom 06/13/13 - 06:49 am
Rant #3-Do you understand

Rant #3-Do you understand that what happens at UGA and what happens at a high school in Columbia County are two vastly different things, and that those kids could've DIED from what they were doing? That they broke several laws and could've gotten their coach fired? And that they were minors, and college students are adults?

"Miscarriage of justice"- Oh, brother, get a grip!

seenitB4
seenitB4 06/13/13 - 06:52 am
Who did this??

Who originated the work by the teens on Rhodes Dr in 30906 area....this is very important & we need to thank these people.

corgimom
corgimom 06/13/13 - 06:52 am
Rant #4- You were at fault

Rant #4- You were at fault too, you should just consider yourself lucky that you weren't hurt. Move on, you were as much at fault as he was, why didn't you stop when you saw him backing up?

seenitB4
seenitB4 06/13/13 - 09:03 am
Thank you Toby Keith....♥

Toby Keith‘s Oklahoma Twister Relief Concert will be held Saturday, July 6th at the University of Oklahoma’s Gaylord Family – Oklahoma Memorial Stadium in Norman. Doors open at 1:30pm, show time is 3pm. Tickets go on sale Friday, June 21st at 10am; all seats are $25, all inclusive, all seats reserved – eight-ticket purchase limit.

The star-studded lineup of performers, now being assembled, will include Garth Brooks, Willie Nelson, Trisha Yearwood, and Ronnie Dunn. Proceeds will benefit The United Way Of Central Oklahoma May Tornadoes Relief Fund. Updates on the event and lineup will be posted at www.tobykeith.com.

”I grew up in Moore, I live in Norman and I’ve got lots of family and friends who were directly affected,” he says. “I know these folks and they’re resilient, but we’re going to keep helping them any way we can. I’m proud to get together with some others from around here who are just as committed as I am to supporting these communities.”

“Once we got the news that the tornado had hit Toby’s hometown, Miss Yearwood and I told Toby we were at his service for whatever he chose to do,” Brooks says. “I am amazed at the human spirit the tornado victims have shown. I am humbled by the giving of the volunteers. It is an honor to get to be a part of this healing process.”

seenitB4
seenitB4 06/13/13 - 09:22 am
Drugs instead of a banana

COPENHAGEN, Denmark —

Drug traffickers back in Colombia must be going bananas over how their shipment ended up at Danish supermarkets and not on the streets.

Police say employees at the supermarket chain Coop got a big surprise when they opened banana boxes from the South American country and found about 100 kilograms (220 pounds) of what police believe is cocaine.

The powder was discovered last week in Aarhus, western Denmark, when employees noticed that some of the boxes were heavier than others.

Coop spokesman Jens Juul says more bags with white powder were found Wednesday in a separate shipment from Colombia at a central dispatch facility in suburban Copenhagen.

Juul told the Danish news agency Ritzau the company has contacted their Colombian supplier.

Police are investigating, but haven't made any arrests.

BamaMan
BamaMan 06/13/13 - 10:16 am
Inside job?

...that maybe got his mailing labels mixed up??? :)

daphne3520
daphne3520 06/13/13 - 10:30 am
"Somebody, please!" Assimilate what is read herein.....

"The Augusta Chronicle comments are enabled for a robust but respectful conversation, not for personal attacks or harassment of others. You agree not to make racist, obscene or hateful remarks. Please stay on topic. Read the full policy. Click the Report link to help identify inappropriate posts. Violations may result in removal of accounts."

Sweet son
Sweet son 06/13/13 - 11:34 am
What's wrong?

Eight comments at 12:20 PM. Hope all of the regulars have important missions today! :)

And seenit, Rhodes Drive holds a special place in my heart. That is where I courted my first wife. Had a great 27 year marriage but God decided he needed her more so we lost her in 1999. Mom would be proud, our daughter is defending her dissertation next week!

seenitB4
seenitB4 06/13/13 - 02:00 pm
sweetson

Rhodes Dr & Martin Rd...all of that area was my bike riding roads in my teen years...I loved the hills on some roads ........took my dog with me in the basket......so it means something to me too...it broke my heart when I read how that area was in ruins.....

Riverman1
Riverman1 06/13/13 - 02:57 pm
Veranda Would Add Class To Downtown

I see where Marion Williams wants to build a veranda in front of the Lucky 7 Tattoo Shop on Broad St. We could have the tattooed people sit out there with their shirts off and showing off their artwork. The lizard man with the forked tongue and filed teeth may even be talked into visiting now and then.

seenitB4
seenitB4 06/13/13 - 03:39 pm
The right kind of veranda

The right kind of veranda would add some class & Lordy that place could use some....but what puzzles me is the money from splost account....I thought that was for ROADS/repair & etc.

Do you remember the way Patridge Inn looked in years past...on the old fashioned veranda drinking a lemonade....ahhh the good ole days...

seenitB4
seenitB4 06/13/13 - 03:43 pm
Flowers growing on wooden artwork & etc

Some ideas...

Beautiful & it would give folks a resting area.....I need to offer my services ....:)

Little Lamb
Little Lamb 06/13/13 - 04:15 pm
Banana swap

How do you thing the drug traffickers felt when they opened their package and found nothing but bananas?

seenitB4
seenitB4 06/13/13 - 03:58 pm
Banana swap

LLamb...I bet they went bananas...& someone probably paid dearly for that goofup.

seenitB4
seenitB4 06/13/13 - 04:18 pm
heh heh

I'm going to look through these tonight...:)

because I want to see the good of all....we are so blessed in this country & we take it for granite......good night & sweet dreams.♥

UGA plans James Brown tribute

ATHENS, Ga. -- The University of Georgia Redcoat Band is scheduled to pay tribute to James Brown at halftime of Saturday's UGA-Georgia Tech football game in Sanford Stadium.