Rants & Raves

A HEARTY RAVE AND kudos to the administration, staff and volunteers at the Golden Living Center on Anthony Road during National Nursing Home Week. This facility provided a heartwarming program for the residents and daily surprise activities. To look around the room and see the older folks smiling, laughing and playing like children surely made this program well worth the effort and helped them forget their aches and pains for a little while.

I AM A SENIOR CITIZEN, and when I was young I worked for a living. Some of the young people today do not have to work, They are making megabucks selling pills for a living. Can anyone explain?

THANK YOU, AIKEN Regional Medical Centers, for seeing my need for admission when other hospitals would not accept me and seeing I have care at home. I am a senior and appreciate it so much.

PEOPLE MAKE TERRIBLE decisions when something scares them and for other reasons. The man who left the scene of the accident should have called 911 and stayed there, but sometimes we do make awful decisions because of fear. We need to think about this before condemning somebody.

I AM AN EMPLOYEE OF GRU and I need $37,000 worth of work done on my house. Do I call Dr. Azziz to get it done?

I AM TIRED OF foreigners coming to our country and attempting to change our country and habits to match those of the country they left. Why didn’t they just stay home? What we have is what made us the greatest country in the world.

BIG RANT TO ALL people who tie their dog in the backyard and forget about it. Why have a dog? It would be cheaper and you would have fewer problems with your neighbors.

RAVE FOR THE warm welcome home article for the troops coming home from Afghanistan. The photo of the embracing couple was sensational.

RANTS FOR THE bums who beat Wesley Spires. Why can’t they be responsible for his hospital bills?

RANT TO THE 911 operator who was more interested in getting my phone number rather than catch the two people fighting. You never sent a cop, and a woman got beaten up and a car broken into.

fedex227
fedex227 06/08/13 - 12:18 pm
I agree with burn ...

and hey! You kids get off my lawn!

Humble Angela
Humble Angela 06/08/13 - 12:47 pm
I believe the rant about

I believe the rant about foreigners was about some of their refusal to assimilate and the balkanization. But as usual, there are those who will spin it to mean that the person just hates anyone who is not like them. Very similar to when you say you are against ILLEGAL immigration, and they spin it to say that you are anti-immigrant. Once again telling half truths and spinning emotion to make their point. To heck with using logic and facts.

Little Lamb
Little Lamb 06/08/13 - 12:56 pm
Update

Well, Augusta Solid Waste came by with three trucks today – household garbage truck came by a little after nine, then the recycle truck came by around ten, and the yard waste truck came by after eleven. In between the recycle truck and the yard waste truck, an Augusta Solid Waste pickup truck came by checking on things. I'm sure they've got a large overtime budget! They're going to need it.

Tots
Tots 06/08/13 - 01:20 pm
About that trash pick up,

I just got my card out of the mail ,telling me my pick up day is Tuesday starting June 4th... LOL!! I guess better late than never. They didn't pick it up that day.... Looks like they aren't picking up yard waste on this street.... The other guys were SOooo much better...

burninater
burninater 06/08/13 - 01:55 pm
Refusal to assimilate?

Refusal to assimilate? Balkanization? This is America. Obey the law, pay your taxes. Anything else, logically and factually, is none of anyone elses' business. If you want to become emotional and use half-truths, you can assert that assimilation is also necessary. But that view is based on emotional response to discomfort with differences, not fact or logic.

Sean Moores
Sean Moores 06/08/13 - 01:52 pm
@ Cobalt 8:08

I will send you an email.

harley_52
harley_52 06/08/13 - 01:58 pm
"When the state has the capability....

.....to know everything except the difference between right and wrong, it won’t end well."
- Mark Steyn

Darby
Darby 06/08/13 - 02:27 pm
"Just go away, different people.

Different is stupid."

Yeah, you're absolutely right.

Don't give up your day job, Burn. Your satirical skills need a bit of polish before you take your gig to the big show.

dichotomy
32077
dichotomy 06/08/13 - 02:32 pm
"And correct me if I'm wrong,

"And correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't the de facto balkanization represented by state's rights a fundamental structural element of our Republic?"

Well no, because the state's are not hostile to one another. They are UNITED in hostility to the intrusive, oppressive, despotic FEDERAL government. You know....the one that is spying on our phone calls, internet, and using the unchecked power of the IRS to influence the outcome of elections and punish the opposition of the current RULING king.

Humble Angela
Humble Angela 06/08/13 - 02:37 pm
"This is America. Obey the

"This is America. Obey the law, pay your taxes. Anything else, logically and factually, is none of anyone elses' business."

Tell that to the people who move here and INSIST that everything be provided in their native language. I would NEVER move to a country such as Germany and insist that they provide me everything I read in English. I would learn to be fluent in German. That is what assimilation is about. You add your unique culture to the whole...you don't attempt to change the whole to be like yours.

burninater
burninater 06/08/13 - 03:12 pm
Oh, my mistake HA, I must

Oh, my mistake HA, I must have misunderstood the scope of what foreigners are attempting. I hadn't heard about this mandate that English be forcibly replaced by non-English languages. Is this occurring through violent suppression of written and spoken English? Criminalization of the English language? Perhaps you could provide a link, or some kind of proof that foreigners "attempt to change the whole"?

harley_52
harley_52 06/08/13 - 03:31 pm
" I would NEVER move to a country such as Germany....

....and insist that they provide me everything I read in English."

Nor would you likely demand (or expect) free medical care, free schooling, free food, free housing, a driver's license, and free use of all other public facilities while insisting on your "rights" to fly your own flag while spitting on theirs.

seenitB4
seenitB4 06/08/13 - 04:01 pm
Chris Matthews says

Derp: Chris Matthews on the ‘disgraceful’ lack of any African Americans in the Senate

85% of gov jobs in Atlanta are held by African Americans.....does he think that is a disgrace....pop figures are more 50--50.

CobaltGeorge
CobaltGeorge 06/08/13 - 04:28 pm
*****

Every immigrant who comes here should be required within five years to learn English or leave the country.

Theodore Roosevelt

burninater
burninater 06/08/13 - 04:30 pm
HA, the 3:31 post up there --

HA, the 3:31 post up there -- is that that anti-immigrant "spin" you're talking about? Drat those emotion-spinning half-truthers...

CobaltGeorge
CobaltGeorge 06/08/13 - 04:31 pm
*********

“In the first place, we should insist that if the immigrant who comes here in good faith becomes an American and assimilates himself to us, he shall be treated on an exact equality with everyone else, for it is an outrage to discriminate against any such man because of creed, or birthplace, or origin. But this is predicated upon the person's becoming in every facet an American, and nothing but an American...There can be no divided allegiance here. Any man who says he is an American, but something else also, isn't an American at all. We have room for but one flag, the American flag... We have room for but one language here, and that is the English language... and we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a loyalty to the American people.”
― Theodore Roosevelt

CobaltGeorge
CobaltGeorge 06/08/13 - 04:32 pm
Tobacco

to put in a pipe!

CobaltGeorge
CobaltGeorge 06/08/13 - 04:52 pm
KSL

Please call me, need a favor.

burninater
burninater 06/08/13 - 04:59 pm
Regarding Teddy

Regarding Teddy Roosevelt --

In the interest of setting one's best foot forward, an historical white supremacist and promoter of eugenics for "degenerates" may not be your best go-to for immigration assimilation quotes.

''Society has no business to permit degenerates to reproduce their kind....Some day we will realize that the prime duty, the inescapable duty of the good citizens of the right type is to leave his or her blood behind him in the world; and that we have no business to permit the perpetuation of citizens of the wrong type.''
-- Theodore Roosevelt

"Nineteenth-century democracy needs no more complete vindication for its existence than the fact that it has kept for the white race the best portions of the new world’s surface."
-- Theodore Roosevelt

CobaltGeorge
CobaltGeorge 06/08/13 - 05:17 pm
I Think Some

classified Americans would love to join this crowd and support them.

CobaltGeorge
CobaltGeorge 06/08/13 - 05:21 pm
There Are Some

who will even want Sharia Law to become the law of US. Right?

happychimer
happychimer 06/08/13 - 05:31 pm
your invite

Cobalt I mentioned your get-together to my husband and he agreed we are interested. after the gun event.

burninater
burninater 06/08/13 - 05:33 pm
CG, do you honestly believe

CG, do you honestly believe that there is a possibility that, because of unassimilated immigrants, the U.S. Congress and 38 states are going to ratify the U.S. Constitution to institute Sharia law in the U.S.? Is that a reasonable, rational, possibility for which we should create policy?

CobaltGeorge
CobaltGeorge 06/08/13 - 06:07 pm
Happy

You know without a doubt you are both invited. Haven't set a date yet but will let you know.

CobaltGeorge
CobaltGeorge 06/08/13 - 06:12 pm
burn

the US Constitution is being ratified almost everyday by executive orders. The constitution will be a thing of the past when all the liberals and their leader get done with it.

happychimer
happychimer 06/08/13 - 06:13 pm
Thanks Cobalt.

Thanks Cobalt.

Riverman1
Riverman1 06/08/13 - 06:48 pm
Palace Malice and Dogwood Stables

He just won the BELMONT!!! Congrats to Cot Campbell.

Accord tops list of stolen vehicles

The National Insurance Crime Bureau released its annual report on the 10 most stolen vehicles in the country earlier this month, and some residents say they aren't surprised with what they saw.