Rants & Raves

PLEASE PUT SOME Taser-toting foot beat patrols downtown. Day­time, too, so that you make sure the violence does not spread again into the earlier hours.

JUDGING FROM HIS recent comments, Board of Regents Chancellor Hank Huckaby is a big part of the problem. How dare you come into our city and scold us for not supporting Azziz. Hold the man who appointed them responsible. Get rid of Nathan Deal and have his successor appoint a new board. We’ll have to vote Democrat in the next gubernatorial election.

PRESIDENTIAL ADVISER David Axelrod said, “Part of being president is there’s so much beneath you that you can’t know because the government is so vast.” There are two solutions to this problem. Make government small enough so you can know what’s going on, or get a job where you do know what’s going on, say a lemonade stand in Kenya.

RANT ON THE Augusta Commission members who focus their attention only on downtown housing, the riverwalk and the bus issue. What about the other people in areas of Richmond County that need help? We pay taxes, too. Why don’t you guys go past the Mike Padgett area down Highway 56 and explore Brown Road? The Hephzibah area needs a hospital or emergency services that are close by for life-threatening events. We just have a one-sided county who keeps the help centralized.

MR. PRESIDENT, IT IS time for you to tell the people the whole truth and nothing but the truth, so help you God. This is what the people want on IRS, Benghazi and the AP scandals. Actually on everything. You, Holder and your other members of your administration took an oath. Good, bad, or indifferent, tell the whole truth. Show us transparency.

I SEE MY NEIGHBORS tossing big, bulk waste left and right at the curb for pickup before the once-a-week trash haul.

MARK SANFORD SHOULD have been fined an amount to have all the locks of his ex-wife’s house re-keyed so that he cannot enter illegally again.

THE NEWSPAPER reports “over the past five years,” cops have gone to 66 criminal incidents at a nightclub called Coyotes. With such a record, why is such a place allowed to stay in business?

dstewartsr
20388
dstewartsr 06/06/13 - 08:27 pm
"... Huckaby is a big part of the problem..."

Another of Deal's "cool kids" come to browbeat the hicks.

dstewartsr
20388
dstewartsr 06/06/13 - 08:30 pm
Mr, President, it is time

... for you to tell the people the whole truth and nothing but the truth, so help you God..." (or Allah)

I'd also like a unicorn for my birthday.

dstewartsr
20388
dstewartsr 06/06/13 - 11:40 pm
"...What about the other people

... in (the rest of ) of Richmond County ...? We pay taxes, too..." The city thanks you.

Now go away.

Riverman1
Riverman1 06/06/13 - 09:54 pm
The Heery Pay-Offs

The Heery pay-offs to Richmond County public officials are obscenely outrageous.

Little Lamb
Little Lamb 06/06/13 - 10:47 pm
Rant #7

Mark Sanford did not have a key. His 14-year-old son had the key and asked his dad to come in and watch the Super Bowl with him so he (the son) wouldn't be alone. Who was the momma of the latchkey kid seeing that night?

Young Fred
Young Fred 06/06/13 - 11:11 pm
Rant #5

We need to find out the percentage of people who don't care, and/or support this man(?) no matter what he does. Why? So we don't waste time and energy on those that are incapable of objectivity!

Riverman1
Riverman1 06/06/13 - 11:26 pm
Momma of Latch Key Kid

LL asked, "Who was the momma of the latchkey kid seeing that night?"

You don't think she was in Augusta, do ya?

itsanotherday1
itsanotherday1 06/07/13 - 12:04 am
To quote my great uncle Tom:

To quote my great uncle Tom: "the truth ain't in him".

"for you to tell the people the whole truth and nothing but the truth, so help you God..." (or Allah)"

itsanotherday1
itsanotherday1 06/07/13 - 12:11 am
Sarge update

I saw him late Wednesday and he looked the best I've seen him in a while in terms of color, attitude, etc. His medical side though is not too good; it doesn't appear he will regain any meaningful mobility due to the invasion of the demon into his legs. He may be going to Georgia War Veterans Home in a couple of weeks, which will be good for him considering he will be surrounded by brothers.

He sends his love to all who have supported him through kind thoughts, prayers, and visits.

countyman
19068
countyman 06/07/13 - 12:20 am
Downtown

#4... I actually wish the commissioners thought about the Riverwalk, and downtown housing.. I've don't see them coming up with any plans on how to attract mid-rise apartment or condo towers downtown. The only improvement on the Riverwalk was a very small stage I believe. No Ferris Wheel, Urban Park connected with a bridge/waterfalls, existing park expansion, etc. They still haven't took full advantage of the weekly Market on the River or the Candlelight Jazz Series on the Riverwalk... The commissioners are only discussing the Riverwalk now, because of the recent crime.

I'm also hope you're talking about the Hephzibah zipcode, because the city of Hephzibah didn't consolidate.. The bus issue would also have the greatest impact on South Augusta.. The $172 million Starbucks plant is located in South Augusta, and they've said we need to improve our public transportation system.

I'm happy Augusta will attract tons of transplants of the next few years. It's time to get rid of the non progressive media, residents, government officials, etc... People can say whatever they wish too about Dr. Azziz, but at least he can the see the potential of Augusta. Much better than focusing on the daily crime reports, trivial issues, etc..

Young Fred
Young Fred 06/07/13 - 12:36 am
Now, now, LL - You know it

Now, now, LL -

You know it matters not !

A man spending time with his son on Superbowl Sunday? When the mother of his son is “away”. How dare he? What is this world coming to?

Riverman1
Riverman1 06/07/13 - 12:39 am
"It's time to get rid of the

Y'all heard him. Get out of town.

nocnoc
nocnoc 06/07/13 - 05:35 am
Regarding "GIFTS" & $,$$$ to Commissioners by a contractor(s)

I ask again,

Since GA Campaign, Ethics and Anti-Corruption Laws appear to have been broken, outright skirted or stepped on:

Will the ARC District Attorney investigate?

Will the ARC Board of Election investigate?

Or do complaints need to registered with the SOS to get action?

ColdBeerBoiledPeanuts
ColdBeerBoiledPeanuts 06/07/13 - 06:55 am
Hephzibah didn't consolidate

So, because Hephzibah didn't consolidate into the current dysfunctional government structure of ARC they are not entitled to county services? Maybe they should secede from ARC and join Burke County. I know Burke County would love to have all the tax money that ARC would lose and wouldn't mind providing those services that apparently, they pay for but aren't entitled to from ARC!

GnipGnop
GnipGnop 06/07/13 - 07:28 am
Is this a catch phrase for taxpayers?

I'm happy Augusta will attract tons of transplants of the next few years. It's time to get rid of the non progressive media, residents, government officials, etc... If all those that questioned the leadership of this city and the decisions of the king of MCG leave you would be left with a lot of non property tax paying residents. You don't seem to get the fact that people who pay property taxes get the right to complain about how thier money is spent. Especially when we see 9 million dollar contracts go to people that bribe commissioners with tickets and who knows what else. What has gone on that we don't see?

seenitB4
seenitB4 06/07/13 - 07:42 am
Tons of transplants-heh

Be very careful of what you hope for ctyman....these tons of plants may not not be tax paying adults..home owning type ---workers--etc.

seenitB4
seenitB4 06/07/13 - 07:45 am
Now that is a mouthfull!

Exactly the reason a President should have some experience in running something.

GnipGnop
GnipGnop 06/07/13 - 07:54 am
Exactly the reason a President should have some experience

in running something....Other than this country into the ground....

seenitB4
seenitB4 06/07/13 - 07:53 am
Now now ctyman

When you say this...
Much better than focusing on the daily crime reports, trivial issues, etc..

Having your brains beat in with a baseball bat is not trivial.....btw the man is still in the hospital......you are just lucky that it hasn't happened to you----yet! I'm hoping it never does ctyman.....my sister has a business downtown...I know the danger & breakins she has had in the last years.

CobaltGeorge
CobaltGeorge 06/07/13 - 08:20 am
Good Morning "Rainy" America

I sort of feel left out because of the lack of information I have on the ARC problem. I believe there are many of you that are doing a fine job attacking it's corrupt problems. I only pray that CC never gets to the level that you all are facing. The Good Old Boy system in CC was pretty well eradicated back in the late 70's.

My 21 acre pool is 4" above pool level. Has another 18' to go before overflowing the spill way. Last time it did was back in 2006.

Sarge said that you, itsanotherday1 are one great American friend and really appreciates your support and visits.

Only have received 3 contacts for a possible shoot out and a meeting of the minds. Remember, if you are not crazy about guns, Cobalt Range will close around noon because of the sun and will move to the pavilion to get to know each other. It has been almost a year since the last get together. There is no Race, Political or Religious barriers at Cobalt Park.

Young Fred
Young Fred 06/07/13 - 08:31 am
The IRS

I noticed a marked difference in most bureaucratic "attitude' since 2008. It's almost like they forget who they work for. - Wonder why that is?

Young Fred
Young Fred 06/07/13 - 08:36 am
“Part of being president is

Well, there's only one solution to "vast"!!!!!

allhans
allhans 06/07/13 - 08:48 am
Rant 2 ...Vote for a

Rant 2 ...Vote for a Democrat, huh, and he will save us. hee hee

allhans
allhans 06/07/13 - 08:50 am
With all the shenanigans

With all the shenanigans going on in politics and someone is stuck on Sanford. Interesting.

seenitB4
seenitB4 06/07/13 - 09:10 am
obscenely outrageous.

There is no Race, Political or Religious barriers at Cobalt Park.

If you think I can control my temper with the nonbelieving dem rascals

think again Mr Cobalt....:):):)

Now..THAT would be outrageous....

seenitB4
seenitB4 06/07/13 - 09:12 am
Don't get your panties in a wad

Joking folks---joking..

gotta run & get me a catniptini & a tunacolada...hahaha thanks for those names coldbeer.

ColdBeerBoiledPeanuts
ColdBeerBoiledPeanuts 06/07/13 - 10:08 am
Shootout

CG, I must have missed the date and time for the shootout! Let me know, here or the other place and we or I'll be there. I prefer the after myself!!

dichotomy
dichotomy 06/07/13 - 10:22 am
"It's time to get rid of the

"It's time to get rid of the non progressive media, residents, government officials, etc... "

And there you have it folks. The TAXPAYERS of Southeast Richmond County are apparently not fit to live here and need to move on out. How dare we question where THEY spend OUR money. How dare we protest when Starbucks gets a boat load of tax incentives to locate here and then tells US we need to spend more tax money to improve the bus service. How dare we question where is our countyman promised Five Guys. How dare we question the back room vote trading and blackmail that determined where ALL of the hotel/motel tax gets spent. How dare we question ANYTHING. It's only OUR MONEY.

We may not be fit to live here but guess what countyman.......WE WERE DOING DAMNED FINE BEFORE CONSOLIDATION AND WE MAY GET THAT WAY AGAIN IF WE CAN SEPARATE FROM THIS PERMANENT, REPEATED, RAPE AND ROBBERY CALLED THE "CITY" OF AUGUSTA. Augusta has done NOTHING for us but take our money, neglect us, lower our police and fire protection, let our roads deteriorate, and run our businesses and many of our middle class residents off with higher taxes, higher fees, and higher crime due to Section 8 transplants.

Countyman thinks it's time for us to leave. I think it's time for us to liberate ourselves from these crazed big spenders and crooks who are running the "CITY" of Augusta. The people who think we are the depositing ground for their Section 8 problem children. The people who think ALL of the money has to be spent on Reynolds St and Laney-Walker. The people who are illegally spending UNAPPROVED, FUTURE, MAYBE, SPLOST money without approval of the TAXPAYERS. The people who told us the TSPLOST would fix our roads but who now want to spend it on "expanding" bus lines to areas where there will be negligible riders and therefore will be ANOTHER permanent, expensive subsidy program.

daphne3520
daphne3520 06/07/13 - 10:39 am
The third Rant ending about Kenya IS racist at best! I betcha

you won't go out in South Augusta and "pontificarte!"

CobaltGeorge
CobaltGeorge 06/07/13 - 10:40 am
CBBP

I hadn't set a date yet waiting to see how many was interested. I may have blown it with my "There is no Race, Political or Religious barriers at Cobalt Park" comment.

Race has never been an issue to be a friend to another human.
You know I despise any person that has the drive to destroy America and as long as I am not confronted, everything is just great.
Religion is yours and I will never turn you away. (except those that believe in the Qur'an because you have the desires to destroy America)

I guess admitting I'm a smoker has caused me to loose the many friends that I thought I had.

Maybe the idea of a get together was a bad thought.