Rants & Raves

Comments from readers:

DON’T WORRY ABOUT overweight deputies. You need a skinny deputy to run down a suspect, but you need big deputies just as much. They can break a door down and sit on the guy who is fighting with his wife.

I DO MEDICAL transport. Please spare the tickets to medical transport people who are taking patients. Tell them thank you.

PARENTS, YOU EITHER teach the children the right way to go or you let them go and they will end up on drugs, dead or in prison.

IN COLUMBIA COUNTY you can pick your own garbage disposal company and it isn’t in your tax bill. If that isn’t a better way, I don’t know what is.

HELEN BLOCKER-ADAMS needs to go somewhere and hide. She is ruining the chances of Alvin Mason becoming mayor.

FIVE ILLEGAL ALIENS arrested in Columbia County on drug trafficking charges. It’s too bad we can’t send them to Sen. Lindsey Graham’s office in Washington, DC. I’m sure he would welcome them all with open borders – I mean arms.

HOW IS IT THAT the Richmond County School System is “broke” and all but two board members recently voted to hire a firm to tell them how to hire the right people? Isn’t that why they have a Human Resources Department (with the director making more than $100,000)? Sounds like a duplication of efforts to me. And they wonder why morale is so low.

HUGE RAVE AND thank you to the young woman in a pink T-shirt (Kim, I think she said her name is) and the couple loading their car at the Knox Avenue Wal-Mart on May 25 for helping me find my silver Honda. It was on the next row.

WHY IS A CAR THAT sounds like a very loud motorboat allowed on our streets here in south Augusta all times of the day and night? I thought a loud muffler like that was against the law.

RoadkiII
RoadkiII 06/04/13 - 05:42 pm
Medical Transport

Are you driving a van carrying patients to a doctors appointment or an ambulance carrying critically ill/injured patients? Sounds like the former to me. Get over yourself and drive the posted speed. The life you save may be the patient you are carrying.

nocnoc
nocnoc 06/04/13 - 09:01 pm
Want something to RANT about?

Google "Herry International Lawsuits"
The Atlanta Journal-Constitution and Channel 2 Action News found that several public bodies across the country, including school systems besides DeKalb, and a number of local governments in Arizona, Massachusetts, Texas and Maryland, have made similar lawsuits and claims against Heery.

It appears Heery has learned the waiting game.
Wait until the election cycle rolls around and certain people are replaced. Tie it up in court for years forcing some local Governments to enter into secret out of court settlements and some with less skilled litigation staff or limited budgets that simply lost.

This the company Downtown has been paying premo $$$$ to for 10+ years.

The company that charges taxpayers for project management services and then donates $,$$$ to Commissioners that aren't even running for office. Likely with the same Taxpayers $$$$ they collected.

BTW

Some of the "gift" receiving commissioners were the very ones screaming ETHICS AND CENSURE demands against 3 other commissioners just a few months ago. --------

Talk about being a hypocrite.

How can those that took "donations" from a company under contract with ARC and a company up for contract renewal, scream and make ETHICS AND CENSURE demands against others?

Is there no moral shame?

Will there be demand for equal justice?

EnoughAlready2
EnoughAlready2 06/04/13 - 09:12 pm
Blocker-Adams

Ms. Blocker-Adams, you stay put! Keeping Mr. Mason out of the Mayor's office sounds like a good plan to me.

dstewartsr
20389
dstewartsr 06/04/13 - 09:34 pm
"... hire a firm to tell them how to hire the right people?

...Human Resources Department the director making more than $100,000 ... sounds like a duplication of efforts..."

No, only if the HR was actually DOING something -- other than making sure relatives and applicants with the correct skin colour and/or lengthy criminal records were being hired.

dstewartsr
20389
dstewartsr 06/04/13 - 09:36 pm
"I a white, disabled senior citizen..."

You just described why. Duh.

dstewartsr
20389
dstewartsr 06/04/13 - 09:40 pm
" (How is it) a car that sounds like a very loud motorboat

... (is) allowed on our streets here in SOUTH AUGUSTA all times of the day and night?"

Go back and re-read that sentence and you have your answer.

ColdBeerBoiledPeanuts
ColdBeerBoiledPeanuts 06/05/13 - 06:44 am
PARENTS, YOU EITHER teach

The problem is that the parents teach the wrong way. 90% of the time problem children have learned their behavior from their parents setting the example. I've seen children that could embarrass a sailor with their language, and they learned that language because they were talked to and called those things by their own mothers. When the parents take their children out to a family restaurant at dinnertime, with the parents pants waistband hanging on the tops of their thighs and their underwear showing. I've seen at least 10 customers who were waiting to be served get up and leave with their families because they don't want them to see that and think it's acceptable behavoir. Quite often, it's not the parents ignoring the child that is the problem, it's the example set by the parents that is the problem!!!

internationallyunknown
internationallyunknown 06/05/13 - 07:48 am
Facts vs. Prejudice Emotions

"I AM A WHITE, disabled senior citizen. They have terminated my food stamps and are taking their time reinstating them. If I was young, black and had 10 children they would help me right away. But they won’t do a thing for me."

What if you we're young, WHITE, and had 10 children? Would you still be turned down?

Have you asked what the REAL reason for the delay is?

seenitB4
seenitB4 06/05/13 - 07:32 am
nocnoc

Thanks for putting that on...I was going to post something about Heery but have ya ever had that feeling of why bother...sometimes you just get tired of pointing out the misdeeds & gimmie gov won't listen anyway....& then this thing about racial balance in Richmond county ---heeelllloooo....like the radio guy said...you would have to fire many & put in whites to make a balance now.......oooh ....now the fickle fingers of faith have turned around...
No worry though...the way hispanics are producing ..heh...we will sson speakie their language & salute their flag.....
What is that ole saying...What goes around--comes around....something like that.

internationallyunknown
internationallyunknown 06/05/13 - 07:33 am
Helen

Will Augusta elect a female mayor? No
Will Augusta elect a black female mayor? Heck no.

Does Mason have a good chance? Yes!
Did Roundtree have a chance? ______

Helen chose Deke over Mays. "Where they do that @?"

Most are not satisfied with Deke.

Mayor Mason fits nicely!

john
john 06/05/13 - 07:34 am
trash

The trash in Richmond County is illustrative of government. It takes over a service and taxes you for it, then reduces it because they cant manage it. I cant wait for "affordable healthcare" to implement.

Riverman1
Riverman1 06/05/13 - 07:35 am
Richmond Cty Schools Pay $75,000 A Year

Too bad this company hired for $75,000 a year to tell the Richmond County School System who to hire, doesn't tell them the administrators and school board members to choose.

seenitB4
seenitB4 06/05/13 - 07:47 am
Quell a fracas

How do you "quell" anything...hahaha..that just sounds so funny to me...:):)
Can we quell some posters....lol

CobaltGeorge
CobaltGeorge 06/05/13 - 07:54 am
Good Morning "New SOP" America.

It is now called "MOU" (Moving On Up).

If you are a member of the King SMNCICBHO(M), the Hammer & Sickle Man Liberal establishment, when you become a highly corruptive and a expert liar in the position you hold, you will never be fired. All you have to do is resign and move up to better position.

Susan Rice to be appointed national security adviser. MOU.

I wonder what Holder will move up too?

CobaltGeorge
CobaltGeorge 06/05/13 - 07:58 am
CBBP

Sorry, there no way you can change a culture or a way of life.
You know the results if you try. Remember, ammo is scarce now days.

Riverman1
Riverman1 06/05/13 - 08:07 am
Chronicle Stories

I noticed the Chronicle will first come out with a story that has the basics. As more info comes in they change the headline and story to represent more of the facts. Next they come out with something with even more info as the original stories are still up. Finally, they are saying someting like, "No Good Son of a Gun Arrested." Heh.

CobaltGeorge
CobaltGeorge 06/05/13 - 08:07 am
The Answer.

Do you know that you can even get a refrigerator into a 6 yard dumpster. Since 1977 I have been here in CC and have had one well placed between 4 families. In the beginning it was $57.00 per month, now it is $144.00. Divided by 4 equals $38.00 each. Picked up every Thursday come Rain, Snow or Sunshine. I'm happy.

seenitB4
seenitB4 06/05/13 - 08:20 am
Cgee please

Leave coldbeer alone in his fantasy land ventures...lol....I have noticed lately that he likes to dream of the good ole days & play in happyland.....I wonder if he has found a cache of the good stuff that was made in the badlands years ago.....I bet he has & is keeping ALL of it!!! ♥

Riverman1
Riverman1 06/05/13 - 08:21 am
Reading Judge Bowen's Comments

So I'm reading the story about the 50 year old suit against the Richmond Cty School System. Judge Bowen calls it the "hoariest" thing. I'm thinking did they leave the W off? Then I'm wondering how he gets away with such profanity. Come to find out being called hoary is not a shortened version of the word with the W and is not really a bad thing. I'm trying to decide who the hoariest commenter on the Chronicle is. I have an idea, but I'm not telling.

seenitB4
seenitB4 06/05/13 - 08:27 am
^^^^^^

Trouble is YOUR middle name Mr RM.

seenitB4
seenitB4 06/05/13 - 08:29 am
Can we quell this idea....

SUWANEE, Ga. -- A proposal to run a high-speed rail line from Atlanta to Charlotte through Augusta would be the slower option, officials told a public meeting Tuesday.

Nearly 75 people attended the meeting in suburban Atlanta to gain information and to comment on six proposed routes for a high-speed rail line between Atlanta and Charlotte, N.C.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------
I have a great idea,....why don't we take a few million dollars & just throw them out the window this week.....wowow

JRC2024
JRC2024 06/05/13 - 08:32 am
Cobalt and CBBP, you both are

Cobalt and CBBP, you both are exactly right. It is just repulsive looking. And those that look like that wonder why they cannot get a job. Who would want them?

Riverman1
Riverman1 06/05/13 - 08:41 am
I wonder if I could get way

I wonder if I could get way with calling some politician a hoar in the comments? It really doesn't MEAN anything bad. Heh.

Riverman1
Riverman1 06/05/13 - 08:42 am
SeenIt, so if they don't want

SeenIt, so if they don't want the high speed train to come through Augusta we should fight against the whole stupid idea of a high speed train.

seenitB4
seenitB4 06/05/13 - 08:53 am
High speed anything

What would be high speed to them.....anyone know??

Why not just expand what they already have in the Atlanta area.....take marta up north to Gainesville Ga...Ya hear me Gov Deal....(his home area)...we need a dang highway from Gwinnett to North Fulton county or at least to Cummings Ga....we are bumper to bumper all the time.....a northern passway from east to west.......they are WASTING MONEY as usual......I can't think of a soul wanting a high speed rail like the millions wanting a 4 lane east/west route.

CobaltGeorge
CobaltGeorge 06/05/13 - 09:04 am
I Think It's About Time For

a Shootout #2 at Cobalt Park. This time it will include long rifle sight in's, and sheet shooting. If you all think it would be a good together, start emailing me. There are quite a few on here that I would like to meet.

cobaltgeorge@comcast.net

CobaltGeorge
CobaltGeorge 06/05/13 - 09:19 am
That Also Includes

fishing after the range is closed. It will have to be planned to make sure the RK is in town.

I have been holding off for Sarge, but it looks like his walking days may have come to a end. So Sad.

The last time we got together here, lost two very great Veterans to brain cancer within a few months. I pray this will not happen again.

seenitB4
seenitB4 06/05/13 - 09:30 am
I miss Conway....still

He has been gone 20 years today......

One of his best.......now I'm gone gone gone .....nice & cool here so I will read my paper on the deck & drink my coffeee & ponder the world's problems......I also will get the 4 feet long goldfish to put in cgees pond......that will make him happy....:)

Can you eat goldfish...I wonder...

itsanotherday1
itsanotherday1 06/05/13 - 09:31 am
"IS IT LEGAL TO ride a

"IS IT LEGAL TO ride a bicycle on busy roads? Yep. Is it legal to go for a stroll on Augusta’s East Boundary at 2.30 a.m.? Right again. And your chances of survival are about the same."

So then, are we to just accept those are dangerous places or do we try to improve those conditions to make it safer?

CobaltGeorge
CobaltGeorge 06/05/13 - 09:34 am
Never Saw A 4' Gold Fish

Sure would love to have one, B4.

ARC to honor 1956 championship team

Because the championship year of 1956 has never lost its glory in Richmond Academy football lore, the team will be honored Thursday at the third annual ARC Hall of Fame banquet, where 10 alumni ...