Rants & Raves

Comments from readers:

RAVE FOR THE principal and teachers at Belair Elementary. They had a dinner for all volunteers. It was absolutely awesome. I have never volunteered at a school that did that. Thank you so much and have a blessed summer.

RAVE FOR GLYNN Moore’s column about the best teachers can’t be forgotten. It brought back many happy memories of the great teachers with their own unique ways of reaching students and making a positive difference in my life. Many marched to a different drummer, but their love and dedication to their subject made it come alive. But a big rant for the state and county BOE who are ruining education with things like Standards Based Education Cloning, TKES, etc. They are running off so many good teachers as well as many new aspiring teachers due to so much nonsense. They take the fun out of teaching.

TIGER WOODS IS immoral both on and off the course and will do anything to win or get his way.

A HUGE RAVE TO Phillip and his associates, Reeves Construction, who changed my flat tire for me plus repaired my damaged truck when I hit their construction barrier May 21 on Wrightsboro Road. I offered compensation but they refused. They went out of their way to assist this old Army Combat Wounded Veteran.

IN A COMMENCEMENT speech, Obama set himself up as a good example for young black men to emulate. With recent exposures, is Obama telling them to be thieves and liars?

THE LORD IS punishing this country for all the abortions. It needs to stop.

OBAMA SAYS THE federal government will pay for all the Oklahoma storm victims, so no need for other aid. He is clearly discouraging private charities to do what they have done successfully for eons.

THE PEOPLE IN THE USA are stupid. If not, why do we sit on our back sides and let these politicians flush our country down the toilet.

THE BEST WAY TO cut down on obesity in America is to put a strict limit on food stamps. Why is food stamp fraud not controlled better? If people had to work, maybe they would lose weight.

GET PRISONERS TO clean up the debris on River Watch Parkway and Westview Cemetery.

dwb619
dwb619 06/03/13 - 12:48 am
RAIN

5.5 inches in "downtown" Belvedere from 11:25 p.m. thru 12:45 a.m.

nocnoc
nocnoc 06/03/13 - 06:20 am
Today start the great Garbage

Just think of the fun that will happen today across ARC.

As member of the South Side I wish I was a fly on the wall 3 times in recent years.

1. When the Garbage Mafia convinced ARC into taking the 1st step, by putting the garbage fees in the property taxes, that set this long term, and many times previously used, cookie-cutter plan in motion.

2. When the private meetings that led up to the ARC Power Brokers working out the vote$, and profit $haring for it.

3. and Today downtown recording the complaints because of the usual initial roll out lack of planning for the rural areas.

The next few months will not be pleasant, but we have no choice because we the voters have been sold out. Just like the small haulers in other places located in other counties.

On Friday the wife & I gave the crew that handled our garbage some pocket money and wished them well. We knew them well, as the wife or I normally met them on warm days with iced over bottled water. They took a moment to talk said over the last few weeks, a lot of people have met them at the curb and were thanking them for their work knowing they were out of a job because of 6 commissioners.

Remember ARC and soon to be Columbia Co. VOTERS. 1 vote was all it took to increase your taxes 100% or reduce your services 50%, if you play the glass 1/2 half question.

Maybe it is time to limit all Tax increases to where the ARC commissioners only recommend the increase, but VOTERS must vote by each district to approve them?

jpbrig
jpbrig 06/03/13 - 06:33 am
nocnoc

You are so smart you need to be on the commission. Why did you not run for it?

seenitB4
seenitB4 06/03/13 - 07:14 am
Good question..

bigclaude
bigclaude 06/03/13 - 08:04 am
Grovetown has officially "SNAPPED"

Does anyone watch the show on the Oxygen Channel called Snapped? My wife is a big fan of this show and I usually watch it with her. The show features criminal cases where women have "Snapped", and those women usually end up killing someone.

Last night's new episode featured a Grovetown Resident named Rebecca Sears. She allegedly had one of her sons break into her next door neighbor’s house and beat a poor woman named Kay Parsons to death. As is usually the case with this show, the root cause of all of this was that someone was boinking someone who they should not have been boinking. In this case it was Rebecca Sears and the husband of Kay Parsons (I think his name was Dennis). Dennis and Rebecca were having an affair but she apparently wanted Dennis all to herself.

This show has been on for a long time, and it was just really strange seeing something from out little corner of the world featured on the show after all this time.

Did anyone else see this show, or does anyone on the board know anything about the case that was featured on the show?

Sean Moores
Sean Moores 06/03/13 - 08:20 am
@ bigclaude

Here is the most recent story on that. If you search for Rebecca Sears, you will see the rest of the stories.

seenitB4
seenitB4 06/03/13 - 08:22 am
SM

We think alike.....:)

dichotomy
31990
dichotomy 06/03/13 - 09:30 am
Garbage

Mark Johnson and the 6 commissioners should be going around this morning and passing out cigarettes to all of the property owners. A good smoke is customary after what they have done to us.

I hope someone is checking on their personal finances and standard of living vs. LEGAL income.

Sean Moores
Sean Moores 06/03/13 - 09:46 am

daphne3520
daphne3520 06/03/13 - 10:49 am
GiantsAllDay
GiantsAllDay 06/03/13 - 11:05 am
Thanks for the link, Sean. I

Thanks for the link, Sean. I remember this story when it first happened but I missed the follow up. Does anyone know if the husband played any role in this and what he is up to these days? I have mixed emotions on the death penalty. I am somewhere in the middle but I lean toward pro-death penalty. On the other hand, I have read accounts by imates stating that life without parole is a much worse punishment than the death penalty.

GiantsAllDay
GiantsAllDay 06/03/13 - 11:12 am
In a related matter, this

In a related matter, this just in from the AJC. This is huge, IMO.

nocnoc
nocnoc 06/03/13 - 12:25 pm
jpbrig - the "...need to be on the commission" comment

We all knows what needs to be done, like many that have lived in and or, left South RC. in recent years.

The last hope of respect and equal treatment for the South Side is De-consolidation or annexation into other townships, before ARC plants physical obstacles in the way like Apartment projects.

That fight is about to take a major step in the next few months.

nocnoc
nocnoc 06/03/13 - 12:34 pm
Regarding Garbage - Pickup today on the South Side.

I will be honest pickup seems to be running a lot smoother that I thought it would on the 1st day.

I only counted 2 of those new shiny NG powered trucks on the side of the road and not moving. 1 By Goshen, 1 by Augusta Mall stopped in the emergency lane on Bobby Jones.

I also noticed NOT all of the trash pickups were being done by the NG powered trash trucks. Having seen an Advance Disposal Diesel powered truck at 10:01 am at OWR and Brown rd. I guess it was coming to fill in for the broke down NG truck outside of Goshen.

Either way a lot smoother than anticipated by myself for day 1.

GnipGnop
GnipGnop 06/03/13 - 12:48 pm
Funny to me...

Every person I have ever seen use a EBT card looks like they have never missed a meal in their lives. This is the only country where poor people on the dole weigh 300 lbs...SMH

nocnoc
nocnoc 06/03/13 - 01:58 pm
GnipGnop - here is one you will get a kick out of.

I took the wife out to eat, after she was such a good sport about getting up at 5am to head out to Wally Worlds and then to get in line at Academy to buy ammo this morning.

We stopped at Taylor's on US-25 for some the best country cooking in the CSRA hands down.

As we were leaving a heavy set young male sitting on the bench by the door asked my wife. Mam!, do you know where the nearest soup kitchen is, I haven't eaten since yesterday."

My wife having a overly kind heart was about to buy him a meal when she very observantly noticed he had a expensive iPhone Smart phone in his hand. She asked him what did Google say and he said Downtown Augusta was the nearest. So she said she couldn't help him.

Her logic. If he could afford a newer model Iphone with Internet services, he could afford his own soup.

Why can't some people understand it all boils down to setting the correct priorities. Needs vs Wants. Food, Shelter, - then and only then toys.

GnipGnop
GnipGnop 06/03/13 - 02:15 pm
Oh almost everyone I see...

Using EBT has a shiny new cell phone, tattoos and nicer clothes and shoes than I wear.

KSL
KSL 06/03/13 - 03:18 pm
When someone else is paying

When someone else is paying for your basic needs, you can easily afford the extras. It needs to stop.

Little Old Lady
Little Old Lady 06/03/13 - 04:13 pm
Garbage pick up

The first day of the new garbage pick up. I was outside when they came. The man on the truck told me to call Richmond County and tell them to bring me a 96 gal. can with a blue top to put the recycle items in because the current small recycle holders could NOT be emptied into the new trucks. He emptied my full container of recycle items into the trash can. Poor prior planning.

dichotomy
31990
dichotomy 06/03/13 - 08:07 pm
I see Alvin Mason and Corey

I see Alvin Mason and Corey Johnson have been taking skybox tickets to the Braves and Falcons games from Heery International and Heery contributed to their campaigns too. Of course they both say that none of that would influence their vote on the contract renewal.......yeh right.

We need to find out what the garbage contractors have been "contributing" to some of our commissioners and others too.

dichotomy
31990
dichotomy 06/03/13 - 06:25 pm
Our local government is as

Our local government is as crooked as a barrel of fish hooks.

Valkyrie1
Valkyrie1 06/04/13 - 12:58 am
The EBT crap

is ridiculous. My husband who is a disabled vet lost his job last july. Our family had to go on food stamps after 5 months of unemployment because the savings ran out and unemployment didn't even come close to covering our mortgage much less the rest of the bills. We were given $278 for a family of 4 PER MONTH. I don't know what fat cash you think people are putting in but by all means try and see what kind of "healthy" foods you can get for 4 people on $278 a month.