Rants & Raves

Comments from readers:

BEFORE MOVING HERE, I was told that Georgia was “retirement friendly.” After moving here I find that Georgia taxes pensions (Illinois did not), utility rates are higher, sales tax is 8 percent and when I went today to get plates for my minivan that I brought with me I was told that it would cost $1,254. I will encourage anyone I know at this point not to move to Georgia.

THIS IS A RAVE to the McDonald’s on Furys Ferry. Victoria and her team run a very tight ship. Whenever you go in there you don’t see employees ignoring the customers and talking to each other instead of taking orders. The store is clean and EVERYONE is friendly!!

THUNDER OVER AUGUSTA has to be the best community event ever!

RAVES TO DEANGELA at CVS on Wrightsboro Road. She is the most helpful employee I have ever come across in that CVS. She went above and beyond.

TO THE PERSON WHO commented on South Carolina voters asking what they were doing, don’t you think you ought to clean up your own back yard before you start commenting on your neighbors? We could ask the same about Georgia voters.

OBAMA AND HIS GANG are making Nixon and his gang look like rank amateurs. The GOP better get some gutsy Teddy Roosevelt-type leaders to fix bayonets and fight back – or the U.S. will go the way of the Dodo bird.

JENNY SANFORD’S plan to derail her ex’s election blew up in her face. GO MARK!

NOW, TELL ME EXACTLY why we need an African American book club at our public library? This is so backwards thinking, racist and exclusive. Will we have a Caucasian book club, a Hispanic book club? After all this is a public-funded operation.

THE RICHMOND COUNTY Board of Education plans to spend $78,000 each year for a tool to determine the best candidates for teaching and administrative positions. This is such a waste of money. Barbara Pulliam is right, this should have been the last item on the “wants” list. Maybe there should be firings of those people who do the hiring if they can’t handle the job.

CobaltGeorge
193326
CobaltGeorge 06/01/13 - 07:17 pm
I Wonder Just How Many Are Aware Of This!

Girl Scouts Join Planned Parenthood at Huge Pro-Abortion Conference
Posted by National Director, Dee on June 1, 2013 at 9:53am.

Tell me who you hang out with and I’ll tell you who you are.

Anna Maria Chávez, CEO of Girl Scouts USA (GSUSA), offers this pithy saying as her favorite quote. In order to figure out who the Girl Scouts are, I suppose we must follow Ms. Chávez’ logic and look at the organizations that GSUSA associates with.

A good place to start would be the World Association of Girl Guides and Girl Scouts (WAGGGS). WAGGGS has member organizations across the globe, the largest of which is GSUSA, contributing approximately a quarter of the ten million members that belong to WAGGGS. GSUSA is a co-founder of WAGGGS and one of WAGGGS’ largest financial supporters, paying over $1 million each year in membership fees which are triggered by each girl and adult member’s annual GSUSA registration.

The global organization is a well-known advocate for sexual and reproductive rights, including abortion, for youth, and claims to speak for all of its 10 million members.

CobaltGeorge
193326
CobaltGeorge 06/01/13 - 07:19 pm
???????????????????????

"SCUM IS COLORLESS!!! It shouldn’t matter the color of the commentator. The only thing that matters is the seriousness of the crime."

dstewartsr
20394
dstewartsr 06/01/13 - 10:12 pm
"THUNDER OVER AUGUSTA has to be the best

... community event ever!"

No, there will be a similar event on the 4th of July, and the other semi-annual faux, "we give a crap about our soldiers" on November 11th. These will be celebrated by furniture sales and then national level amnesia, followed by the lowest annual pay raise since the 60's , cutting services, and stalling on veterans benefits in the hopes they die first.

dstewartsr
20394
dstewartsr 06/01/13 - 10:15 pm
"NOW, TELL ME EXACTLY

... why we need an African American "

... anything?

Anyone?

Anyone?

*crickets*

dstewartsr
20394
dstewartsr 06/01/13 - 10:17 pm
"SCUM IS COLORLESS..."

No, it's not. But we are not allowed to say so.

seenitB4
seenitB4 06/02/13 - 06:58 am
Happy to see this...

The no 1 thing that will help poor---fatherless kids ...is to teach them to read & read a lot---ask Oprah---ask Dr Carson ---& many many others....if I could afford it I would build a library in South Augusta.. somewhere around Lumpkin Rd & use it for poor children in that area.....it would be a place that kids would love---beg to visit----with the best teachers around.....the good Sheriff would be invited to give a speech or two....black teachers would be employed on the weekends just to help failing students.....computers....music....you name it & that place would have it!

justthefacts
justthefacts 06/02/13 - 07:06 am
Wrong state

Ranter #1 is pretty dumb. No research? Someone told you, so you just moved here? Quick google search would have told you Alaska is #1. They would have loved to have had you.

seenitB4
seenitB4 06/02/13 - 07:06 am
I will miss that program--& that lady

Amazing info came from All In The Family......some never knew that Archie was actually the opposite of his character...what great actors...my family loved it...daddy was sometimes just like Archie & my mama worshipped him too....we still have re-runs..:)

CobaltGeorge
193326
CobaltGeorge 06/02/13 - 07:09 am
This Is What Augusta/Richmond County Needs!

Want to commit a crime while hiding in a crowd? Don't think for a minute that you'll have anonymity in a large crowd and the government won't be able to ID you!
Put your cursor anywhere in the crowd and double-click to zoom in. You can zero in on one single face. The clarity is unbelievable.

Just think what the police – and others – have at their disposal!

seenitB4
seenitB4 06/02/13 - 07:17 am
OMG CGEE

THAT is amazing stuff..I could see a lady without a bra on ........& mismatched socks on one guy......one had a drink in his paper cup...wowo wow...what wonders of this world!

palmetto1008
palmetto1008 06/02/13 - 07:58 am
Thanks for the link to the NY

Thanks for the link to the NY Times tribute to Jean Stapleton, seenit. Thank God for her and for reruns.

palmetto1008
palmetto1008 06/02/13 - 08:01 am
And thanks for pointing out

And thanks for pointing out the woman with no bra on...it's like helping my grandchildren find Waldo.

seenitB4
seenitB4 06/02/13 - 08:03 am
AAARRRCCCHHIIEEE!!!!!!

I will miss her too palmetto....the reruns of that program & Andy Griffith show are my hubbys fav to watch.....simple down to earth fun.....wish we had more in tv today..

seenitB4
seenitB4 06/02/13 - 08:05 am
Hah cgee

That really is something---you can zero in on anything in that pic!

CobaltGeorge
193326
CobaltGeorge 06/02/13 - 08:17 am
And

you can go to their Facebook.

seenitB4
seenitB4 06/02/13 - 08:53 am
Now my mission

Take a bowl of gummy bears

Pour vodka over them

Sit in fridge til they soak

Take out later & enjoy the gummy bears...hmmmmmm♥

daphne3520
daphne3520 06/02/13 - 09:29 am
McDonalds Rave On Furys Ferry. The diametrical opposite can be

found at the McDonalds in Wal-Mart in North Augusta. Try "Theresa," for instance.

dichotomy
dichotomy 06/02/13 - 10:10 am
"THUNDER OVER AUGUSTA has to

"THUNDER OVER AUGUSTA has to be the best community event ever!"

As an "event", yes it was the best I have attended in the local area.

"These will be celebrated by furniture sales and then national level amnesia, followed by the lowest annual pay raise since the 60's , cutting services, and stalling on veterans benefits in the hopes they die first."

However, dstewartsr is absolutely correct. I know these types of events are a genuine effort of the community to recognize the military but it does not translate into a concern for the medical and pocketbook issues that our young soldiers, disabled veterans, and military retirees are facing....many of them for the rest of their lives. However, the events are a nice gesture.

It's kind of like everyone saying "take care of the senior citizens" and then electing people who steal money from Medicare to give free healthcare to young people who live off of the taxpayers and refuse to work. The lip service and the actions just don't match.

RoadkiII
RoadkiII 06/02/13 - 10:46 am
Warning Shot

A gentleman in Oregon was arrested for firing a warning shot at a burglar. Why isn't Joe Biden running to his rescue? Wasn't he the one who said fire a couple of shotgun blasts? I see the problem now. This citizen used a rifle instead of a shotgun. Silly me.

I would post a link but have not figured out how to do it with this phone. You will just have to google it yourself. Liberals, find a conserative friend to help. They can explain the concept of free thinking to you.

Darby
31954
Darby 06/02/13 - 10:49 am
"NOW, TELL ME EXACTLY why we need

an African American book club at our public library"

Just one more way to assure de facto segregation lives on forever....

GiantsAllDay
GiantsAllDay 06/02/13 - 10:50 am
SeenitB4: I watched this show

SeenitB4: I watched this show every Saturday night as a little kid. It was the first show that actually made me THINK! My favorite of course was Edith. She never hated anyone, had nothing but love in her heart; she was uneducated in ways of the world, but so intelligent in the affairs of the human heart. Please watch this little clip. I want to show it whenever I read the posts by some of the haters of the GLBT community. As you watch this, please remember this was filmed over 40 years ago! My favorite line: "He's God, you ain't"

itsanotherday1
itsanotherday1 06/02/13 - 10:52 am
"THAT is amazing stuff..I

"THAT is amazing stuff..I could see a lady without a bra on ." WHICH ONE??? LOL.

CobaltGeorge
193326
CobaltGeorge 06/02/13 - 11:03 am
See What You Did, B4.....

You got everybody looking for someone without a bra>>>>>

itsanotherday1
itsanotherday1 06/02/13 - 11:04 am
Awesome GAD

Thanks for that link. All in the Family had great writing that was both humorous and instructive. Sometimes I could see a little bit of Archie in myself, as I imagine a lot of folks could; and it helped to see how absurd blatant bigotry and prejudice can be.

KasparHauser
KasparHauser 06/02/13 - 11:15 am
God and Evangelicals

So when are we going to hear from the Holy Rollers that OK needs to repent their sinfulness, like we heard about Katrina and NO? Perhaps God is upset with all the oil-funded climate-change ostriches/deniers there??

palmetto1008
palmetto1008 06/02/13 - 11:15 am
Thanks so much for the link,

Thanks so much for the link, GAD.

countyman
countyman 06/02/13 - 11:19 am
Racial comments

Why do all the daily comments with racial overtones usually come from people living outside of Richmond County? Dreadlocks, sagging pants, etc are mentioned daily.. I didn't know your hairstyle made you into a thug until reading the Chronicle...

The irony is the same people would automatically mention how Richmond County has all these racial issues, and their county lives in peace and harmony..

The white people in Richmond County definitely seem to be more progressive based on the daily comments, and they didn't run when parts of Richmond County became 'too black'...

CobaltGeorge
193326
CobaltGeorge 06/02/13 - 11:26 am
I Really Don't Like Anonymity,

especially those that describe themselves as a green snowman on here. As 40% of the AC commenters that I have had the pleasure of meeting or know, will tell you that I'm far from being anonymous. So to not leave out anyone.....
the next time you see a White heavily chromed King Ranch F-250 with a tail gate that has an American Flag background, Lettering on the left, "MY 2ND AMENDMENT RIGHTS" and a picture of an AR-15 on the right......you will know it is CobaltGeorge. So honk 2 if agree, 1 time if you want to give me a Downer.....

CobaltGeorge
193326
CobaltGeorge 06/02/13 - 11:25 am
Question countyman

why is it that most of crimes commented are by someone with Dreadlocks & sagging pants? Whatever conclusion can you come to?

Preachers try to stay execution

ATLANTA - Two-dozen or so priests and other ministers delivered 26,000 petitions to Gov. Nathan Deal's office asking him to use his influence to halt tonight's scheduled execution.