Rants & Raves

Comments from readers:

WHY ARE THE THUGS THAT attacked the couple on Riverwalk not being charged with attempted murder?

FOR EVERY DEMOCRAT YOU want to criticize, I can point out 10 Republicans who need even more correction. Clean your house before you publicize in the Republican Chronicle with a lot of lies!

RANT for the idea of Alvin Mason running for mayor of Augusta! In all the time he has been on the commission, he has yet to show that he has Augusta, Richmond County’s best interests at heart.

MICHELLE OBAMA is to be commended for all her efforts and education of people in the fight of childhood obesity. She can’t do it alone, so join in the fight and stop trying to bash someone for not being able to do every single thing. Stop the politics.

IT WAS SCARY TO FIND out that Georgia and South Carolina do not require registration, insurance or a driver’s license to operate those scooters/mopeds which can travel at speeds up to 30 mph on our roads. What is more scary is that they are being used by those who have had their licenses suspended because of impaired driving convictions including DUI’s. Now that is scary!

A BIG rave for the lady who helped me when I came up $5 short at Aldi’s, then helped me with returning my cart. There are nice people in Augusta, God bless you dear lady !

WAKE UP, ROUNDTREE. While Rolling Thunder is stopping good citizens, thugs are taking over.

PRESIDENT OBAMA must be the most clueless executive ever. He knows nothing about anything that is going on in his own administration: Fast-and-Furious, the Benghazi attack, the IRS abuse of power, the eavesdropping on AP, and anything else that comes up. He is either derelict in his duties or totally incompetent. Being president means more than traveling, golf and partying.

RANT TO OUR commissioners for adding additional taxes in the form of a rain tax and increasing our water rates.

nocnoc
nocnoc 05/28/13 - 10:21 am
RoadkiII & Angela -Let us be

RoadkiII & Angela -Let us be PC

They are no longer called Speed Traps, but Traffic Revenue Enhancement Zones.

While the old School term of Speed Trap is somewhat inappropriate for ARC. ARC does have roadway signage posting issues that RCSO has figured out and uses to conduct Traffic operations.

If ARC is seriously doing this for safety and NOT to write tickets.
Then have the GA-DOT put the Speed signs over head and reduce the number of "accidental" speeders that failed to see a sign because their view was blocked by a truck, van, or SUV's for speed change sign of the side of the 3 - 4 lane roadway.

InChristLove
InChristLove 05/28/13 - 10:24 am
Angela, stating someone lied

Angela, stating someone lied is an accusation that is forbidden by the AC guidelines or I suppose they feel you are calling someone a liar.

How to restructure your sentence to get your point across that someone is being less than honest is a very difficult task.

RoadkiII
RoadkiII 05/28/13 - 10:32 am
Angela

Correct again, for some reason people call an increase in patrols in a certain area a trap. Easiest way to not get caught in that "trap" is to obey the posted speed limit.

Nothing to do with this discussion but until 2-3 years ago the speed limit for trucks in Ohio was 55. I would hear other drivers complain about the "trap" when they saw a cop 5-6 miles inside the state. Isn't 5 miles enough to get your rig slowed. I know we require a longer stopping/slowing distance than a car, but 5 miles?!?!?!

daphne3520
daphne3520 05/28/13 - 10:47 am
daphne3520
daphne3520 05/28/13 - 10:49 am
"InChristLove," THE applicable word is

DISINGENUOUS!!!!!!!

happychimer
happychimer 05/28/13 - 12:08 pm
Sorry but Michele is not fat.

Sorry but Michele is not fat. People always look heavier on tv than they are in person. Michele is a beautiful lady.

InChristLove
InChristLove 05/28/13 - 12:18 pm
People look heavier on

People look heavier on TV....well then the President must be the size of a toothpick. I wouldn't consider her fat but beautiful, I suppose is in the eye of the beholder. Not a bad looking woman but don't think I would consider her beautiful.

If you are refering to beautiful on the inside, I'd say you'd have to know the lady personally to be a better judge of that and since I seriously doubt any of us commenters have become personal friends of the First Lady, that call I don't believe can be made.

Humble Angela
Humble Angela 05/28/13 - 01:05 pm
Riverman1
Riverman1 05/28/13 - 02:17 pm
Overweight

I don't mean to disrespect the President's wife, Michelle, but because she is leading this anti-obesity movement, she has to be under scrutiny. She is overweight. I doubt she would pass an Army pinch test as we used to call them. She is muscular, but still overweight.

nocnoc
nocnoc 05/28/13 - 03:50 pm
The In-humanity of

The In-humanity of Socialism.

The Chinese Communists / Socialist Party decided some years ago that they knew what was best and implemented a government solution to over population.

A heavy TAX on a 2nd child. Yes 1 child families are being forced on their people via healthcare rules, educational limits, heavy taxes and etc.

See what happens when they have and extra child?
See what could happen with National Healthcare and Federal laws to use or qualify.

Next time you purchase that item stamped Made in China remember 3/4 of the profit derived from it went to the China Ruling party that requires such laws.

happychimer
happychimer 05/28/13 - 03:47 pm
So how much does she weigh?

So how much does she weigh? Huh? You don't know? I believe all the bad things any of you say about her is just because you want to discredit her because she is the wife of our President. What has Michelle done to any of you?

dstewartsr
20388
dstewartsr 05/28/13 - 03:51 pm
The one child rule

... has one deadly consequence. You end up with an overwhelmingly male population, one without sufficient women to pair-bond with; this is a recipe for war as something must be done to divert all these males. Are there better solutions, ones more favourable to society? I suspect so, but regimentation into groups for conflict is the usual go-to strategy.

justthefacts
20230
justthefacts 05/28/13 - 03:53 pm
Oh she's chunky

A salad once in awhile sure wouldn't hurt!

happychimer
happychimer 05/28/13 - 04:01 pm
justthefacts really? I am

justthefacts really? I am sure she is not worrying about what you think of her. Yall have nothing better to do than to sling mud. you don't know how to be considerate and nice to those who disagree with your politics. I have news. The world does not revolve around politics. Show a little love in your hearts for a change. You will feel much better.

justthefacts
20230
justthefacts 05/28/13 - 04:09 pm
LOL

Lighten up before you have a stroke. It's just a blog. I feel fine, thank you.

seenitB4
seenitB4 05/28/13 - 04:37 pm
Funny just laugh sometimes....

A little girl asked her mother, "How did the human race appear?"
The mother answered, "God made Adam and Eve and they had children, and so was all mankind made.."
Two days later the girl asked her father the same question.. The father answered, "Many years ago there were monkeys from which the human race evolved."
The confused girl returned to her mother and said, "Mom, how is it possible that you told me the human race was created by God, and Dad said they developed from monkeys?"
The mother answered, "Well, dear, it is very simple. I told you about my side of the family and your father told you about his."

seenitB4
seenitB4 05/28/13 - 04:40 pm
Beauty

We all see beauty in our own way....I think bald is beautiful (on men)
some don't........I like a hairy chest---some don't..(on men only :)

seenitB4
seenitB4 05/28/13 - 04:42 pm
Just for the record

I have never liked a bald-- hairy chested woman..:)

seenitB4
seenitB4 05/28/13 - 04:49 pm
Wed at 8pm nbc

Blake Shelton will have his benefit country music show...should be good...♥

some info says 9pm.....

seenitB4
seenitB4 05/28/13 - 05:02 pm
Dang

I am sooo mild on here if you only see what I put in other places....yikes...

justthefacts
20230
justthefacts 05/28/13 - 05:11 pm
Seenit

You should join the AJC message boards. You can say most anything.

Riverman1
Riverman1 05/28/13 - 05:19 pm
Barry Paschal is Leaving

Barry Paschal is leaving the Columbia County News Times. I should have known. Anytime a Morris Co. newsperson begins a blog, he leaves soon after.

seenitB4
seenitB4 05/28/13 - 05:23 pm
AJC

I have read some of the comments there...they do get racy...but we have some places connected with fb that get kinda off color too......& when ya feel good& brave haha......ya can surprise yourself..... do you (jtf) post under the same name or something else?

seenitB4
seenitB4 05/28/13 - 05:25 pm
As the world turns

Barry is leaving
Helen Blocker is running for Mayor
Reed in Atlanta is probably running for Gov.......yeeehawww alll yalll

Riverman1
Riverman1 05/28/13 - 05:41 pm
When He Wrote This, I Wondered

Honest to goodness, when I read this he wrote in the CCNT I started wondering what was up with Barry.

"But here’s the thing: If you thought your job was in jeopardy, wouldn’t you work harder to prove you’re worth the paycheck? I know I would. In fact, I can confidently say I already do; the newspaper business is far too unpredictable for anyone to get comfortable."

Good luck, Barry. You are a friend.

seenitB4
seenitB4 05/28/13 - 05:50 pm
I FEEEL GOOD

like sugar & spice ...yeh I feel good///// & while I do feeel good I'm saying good night ...see yall in the am if the creeks don't rise.....gotta pop a cool one.....I have beeen bad in other blogs today....I have to repent.....yehhh...:)

happychimer
happychimer 05/28/13 - 05:54 pm
seenit if you could post on

seenit if you could post on here some of the stuff you do elsewhere, this place would laughing up a storm.

GnipGnop
GnipGnop 05/28/13 - 06:33 pm
Ut oh....

Looks like Augusta might be losing it's direct flight to D.C.

Riverman1
Riverman1 05/28/13 - 07:01 pm
Charlie Marlowe, you may be

Charlie Marlowe, you may be right. It seemed like I had read what you said, but then I saw the article which is completely opposite. Maybe someone in law enforcement knows for sure?