Rants & Raves

AUGUSTA SOLID WASTE will switch to one trash pickup per week, starting in June. With no matching cut in their fee, $310 per year, they are effectively doubling their charge. A significant cut in the annual fee is warranted here. Also, the service should not be forced on people. You should be able to sign up if you want it or go to someone else if they have a better offer.

JOHN BARROW IS probably slightly less dangerous to his district staying in the House rather than being in the Senate, so it’s good he won’t run for Senate. As for his “working on behalf” of his district and “serving” us in the House, anytime you need a tragic laugh, refer to those lines.

A SOUTH CAROLINA teacher, Scott Compton, stomped on the U.S. flag and when fired, sued the local school board. They decided to buy Compton off with $85,000, plus apparently another $32,000 in attorney’s fees. So now teachers, if you want a windfall, curse our country in the classroom, and then sue somebody. Boy, are things going nuts fast, or what?!

IF CHILDREN ARE NOT taught history and government in school when they become adults they will tend to repeat the mistakes of the past. Just look at what is happening to our nation today.

LIGHTS AND CAMERAS are great, but when seconds count and help is only minutes away, a concealed weapon is your best defense.

WE ALL KNOW for sure that it is unsafe to live in Augusta. Even our sheriff will not travel without body guards.

RAVE FOR DEBBIE at the Huddle House between Ellis and 13th streets. She goes out of her way beyond and above the call. If we had other waitresses like this it would be a whole lot nicer.

RANT FOR S.C. REPUBLICANS who showed their true colors by electing one of the worst skunks in the state.

PRESIDENT OBAMA can call the NBA player and congratulate him because he is gay, but he hasn’t said anything about this terrible atrocity in Cleveland. I’m not a Republican; I’m a Democrat speaking my opinion.

nocnoc
nocnoc 05/25/13 - 06:02 pm
Switching to one trash pickup per week,

Wow! we been screaming how we have been hosed by 6 commissioner for a year.

Another example of ARC Government stepping to improve their position & pocket $$$, while costing taxpayers more and more and cutting services.

ARC has invested literally $$Million$$ taxpayer dollars, killed hundreds of small business jobs, ruined several local businesses and brought big business into just like another county did a few years ago.

Ask SeenItB4 how the SAME Cookie Cutter Trash Plan worked in Gwinnett Co. it killed small businesses, the county got sued for millions and it seems a few County Commissioners finally were arrested for this and a few other "SPECIAL" deals. When are going to fire Fred Russell and just hire the Gwinnett Co. group directly to screw us over?

Worse...... We are stuck with this Trash contract for 10 years unless we can prove fraud or conflict of office.

This is another example of DOWNTOWN Politicians either forgetting we have 1/2 a rural county with 300 ft to 1/4+ mile long dirt driveways with ruts and hills. and elderly at the end of them. That the new Trash haulers will NOT handle for them like many of the old private carriers did. Or ARC Powers just careless about South Side TaxPayers as long as they themselves come out on top.

nocnoc
nocnoc 05/25/13 - 08:21 pm
The Obama Administration

The Obama Administration can't seem to remember the
1st, 2nd, 4th, 6th & 10th Amendments of Bill of Rights in the US Constitution.

But They Sure Do Remember The 5th Amendment

nocnoc
nocnoc 05/25/13 - 08:21 pm
IRS, .......

IRS, The NATIONAL DNC, and now likely the Obama Administration.
All have violated the civil rights or Millions of American voters.
Plus The Voters Right Act has been also violated.

In short the liberals supporting Obama used the IRS to scare and harass political opponents. These are facts, and have all been admitted to by the IRS, which also said no law has been broken?

--------------

So the solution is to allow an Obama Appointee to invest Obama Appointees?

Riverman1
Riverman1 05/25/13 - 10:00 pm
Baloney Sandwiches and Mayberry

Drones over America. The IRS targeting conservatives, The Justice Dept. tapping Fox and AP reporters’ emails and phones. A complete fabrication about Benghazi with Susan Rice sent out to lie repeatedly.

With all this going on I’m going to build me one of those government-zombie proof shelters made out of a steel shipping container. I’m going to stock it with baloney sandwiches and Andy Griffith videos and close the door. I can’t take this anymore.

dstewartsr
20389
dstewartsr 05/25/13 - 10:27 pm
(Teacher) Scott Compton, stomped on the U.S. flag

... and when fired, sued the local school board."

NEA poster boy.

dstewartsr
20389
dstewartsr 05/25/13 - 10:33 pm
The British government's primary concern

... to the murder of a British soldier, Afghanistan veteran, seems to be worrying about, "... fears of a possible anti-Muslim backlash."

To quote Madam Hillary, "What difference does it make?" After all, no Muslims were harmed in the perpetration of the crime.

dstewartsr
20389
dstewartsr 05/25/13 - 10:36 pm
"... Even our sheriff

...will not travel without body guards."

Nah, those aren't bodyguards, that's how rock stars travel, they're "Grateful Mother's" posse, his entourage.

Riverman1
Riverman1 05/25/13 - 11:20 pm
Local weekend TV news anchors

Local weekend TV news anchors remind me of high school when Pelzer Doar nervously read the morning school news over the scratchy PA system. Pelzer stuttered and the only reason they picked him is because he also ran the projector at assembly. I tried to get the announcing job, but they checked and found out I had been late to school 17 times that semester.

seenitB4
seenitB4 05/26/13 - 06:19 am
Wicked world of trash collection

Put ya money somewhere else guys ..they will win this one...
Gwinnett fought the good fight...we lost....we have an appointed trash collector.....once a week & one big can with recycle bin....so so service....the different haulers did file lawsuits & they scrambled to include more in this area....
REASONS they did this....New folks coming into Gwinnett left trash here--there & everywhere.....used grocery store dumpsters for couch & etc.....left all over the roads & etc....GET THE PIC.....don't make me draw a pic here......like Arpaio ...I could be in court...lol
They did work with us & are trying to work out the problems......BUT I know your other problems are bigger...save yourself!

seenitB4
seenitB4 05/26/13 - 06:20 am
OOOH that was good...River

seenitB4
seenitB4 05/26/13 - 06:42 am
Entourage :)

. Even our sheriff will not travel without body guards.

Wouldn't it be more expensive if they drove around in their own cars ....think about the upkeep & gas & etc.....when I'm Sheriff I will have the entourage too...sooo don't stop it now..♥

seenitB4
seenitB4 05/26/13 - 06:53 am
Hahah Don't they all say this..

seenitB4
seenitB4 05/26/13 - 06:59 am
Watch that blood pressure nocnoc

Mine has been very high......soooo I can't let Augusta politics wipe me out ..now can I....until South Augusta voters get a clue..I really don't see much changing...moan & groan all you want on here....but the beat goes on.....I did appreciate Wayne G coming on & explaining a few things.....now Hephzibah you need to brace yaself cause I see a tornado coming your way my friends..
Breathe breathe ....push push ....:)

tanbaby
tanbaby 05/26/13 - 07:53 am
i posted this last weekend, i

i posted this last weekend, i think..if you are more than 300 feet from the right of way, you do not have to participate in the county run trash pick up. contact someone and get the details. all i had to do is get a statement from my current trash pick up. i told the woman i emailed that i would not drag, pull, or drive my trash to the cans that sit about 500+ feet from my front door.

seenitB4
seenitB4 05/26/13 - 07:53 am
Never in a million years

When I was in middle school I never dreamed they would ask questions like this...

How many sexual partners have you had?
Did you use protection?
Were you on drugs at the time?
on & on & on

WHAT in ***** have we done to even need this kind of intrusion.

itsanotherday1
itsanotherday1 05/26/13 - 08:22 am
Careful River....

"Pelzer stuttered and the only reason they picked him is because he also ran the projector at assembly. "

Don't be down on the projector guy. I ran the projector in 4th, 5th, and 6th grade.

CobaltGeorge
CobaltGeorge 05/26/13 - 08:25 am
B4, Simple.

Us great Americans has elected an Al Quada plant as our leader, you know, the King SMNCICBHO(M), Hammer & Sickle Man.

seenitB4
seenitB4 05/26/13 - 08:31 am
Cg

I'm jest a trying to git dumbed down jest to fit in....but sofar it ain't working ferme.....:)

Thank Goodness my girls are out of school---that is all I can say.

seenitB4
seenitB4 05/26/13 - 08:35 am
News going on right now

We have riots in Sweden going on....it seems the takers have been trimmed of some beennies & they are mad....most are new comers to the country & they want to keep getting the freebies....& London folks just woke up & want to change some things....it seems their butchering on the sidewalks of London is not their cup of tea..(so to speak)....they are really mad right now....I wonder if they will get mad enough to wear a gun..

Riverman1
Riverman1 05/26/13 - 08:48 am
Wayne G

SeenIt said, ".....I did appreciate Wayne G coming on & explaining a few things."

Yep, that was nice. I find any public official who comes on the Chronicle comments and jumps in refreshing. It makes him/her more accessible and transparent. It's a good thing.

seenitB4
seenitB4 05/26/13 - 08:51 am
Some blogs are saying...

How would you prefer to die? Quickly from a gunshot, or slowly hacked to pieces by knives? Seems in Britain with their unbelievably strict gun laws, murder by knives has gone up. Ow, ouch, oh my, help, ouch, eww that hurts, no, no, not again, OUCH, ohh, oh, will this never end, oh my, OUCH.....

Getting shot seems a lot quicker, probably easier on the victim. It seems the Brits have decided it's better to endure cruel murders instead of quick murders.

"The police had, I was told, described the attackers as being "of
Muslim appearance" and shouting "Allahu Akbar". On air I
directly quoted a senior Whitehall source saying that the police had used
that description.

"That phrase "of Muslim appearance" clearly offended some who
demanded to know what it could possibly mean. Others were concerned that it
was a racist generalisation."
"

Oh my goodness, don't say it's racism, please don't notice that, even if the victim was white Christian and his attacker was black Muslim. Surely that couldn't be of any motivation for the attack. Hey, bring that bucket of sand over here, someone needs to plunge their head into it!

Well, we'll always have Paris!

itsanotherday1
itsanotherday1 05/26/13 - 08:53 am
Sarge update

Copied from FB:

Hello To Sarg's Friend's,
This is Lori, Dad is doing ok. He misses all of you very much!! On Monday The Nursing Home will let us know about where to go from there. It will either be with VA Home Helth Care, or a place called :The VA Blue Goose Home for Veteran's where he will receive 24 Hour care. They have gotten him up 1 time in all this time and because it is so painfull, He just can't stand it, so they will try again on Monday and if e can't or won't then he is going to have to make a choice between the 2 places I mentioned earlier.
The first was VA Home Health care and they only stay 6 Hours a Day! Mom and I cannot lift him or take care of him in the night.
This is happening now because Medicare wrote the place he is in now and let them know that without improvement they are going to stop his payment, I beleive that Sarg will wind up at the Blue Goose. Where everything he has earned in the Army will be paid for!!!!!!!! And we can keep our home!!!!!

God Bless All of You Have A Happy Memorial Day Weekend

REMBER OUR VETERANS FROM EVERY WAR!!!!!!!!! Love Lori

seenitB4
seenitB4 05/26/13 - 08:53 am
A message for us too!

seenitB4
seenitB4 05/26/13 - 08:55 am
I'm outta here

I have LOTS LOTS of reading to do...have a nice day ....kiss kiss♥

Riverman1
Riverman1 05/26/13 - 11:48 am
London Attack Demonstrates Dangers of a No-gun Society

That terrorist with the knife in London standing there preaching for the camera wouldn't last long in America. It just shows how a society where the police aren't even armed is helpless when an idiot attacks. Legal, gun carrying, Americans would have blasted that fanatic like Dirty Harry on a mission. If they didn't the boyz in the hood with their pistols would have.

RoadkiII
RoadkiII 05/26/13 - 09:49 am
Myth Busted

The anti gun crowd always wants to point out that the English police don't carry guns. I think we can put that myth to rest now. I mean, how did the British cop shoot the bad guy without a gun. Then again, Hussein used WMD's on his own people when he never possessed them.

I guess the only explanation is there is some unexplained warp in the time/space continuum on the other side of the pond.

harley_52
harley_52 05/26/13 - 10:02 am
"I’m going to stock it with baloney sandwiches....

....and Andy Griffith videos and close the door."

I hear ya.

But don't forget the gun(s) and ammunition. You'll need them. You've heard of the beheadings and stabbings in Europe and the bombers/shooters elsewhere by men hollering "allahu akbar?"

Whether you're in your house, or your new shipping container shelter, just remember.....the wolf is at the door.

dichotomy
dichotomy 05/26/13 - 10:04 am
"Even our sheriff will not

"Even our sheriff will not travel without body guards."

Heh heh, reminds me of old Larke coming to the BOE meetings with bodyguards.

Never figured out if these types of people need bodyguards to protect them from the citizens or from their co-workers.