Rants & Raves

Comments from readers:

OPERATION ROLLING THUNDER was on River Watch a couple of weeks ago. They did it at 5:30 in the afternoon; traffic was backed up for two miles and it almost caused several wrecks. A lot of other things need their attention.

RAVES TO MR. RAY, a Columbia County transit driver. He is always kind and caring to people and tries to help senior citizens.

KNOW WHAT LUDOWICI, Ga., is famous for? Grovetown is fast becoming a “Ludowici”. Be careful, folks.

IF THE MAYOR AND commissioner would look at how bad some of these roads are in Richmond County, maybe they would fix them and forget about a new stadium.

THE SHERIFF’S department has got to crack down on these people who do 20 and 40 miles over the speed limit. The money is there … just write the tickets.

ABOUT THE IRS SPYING on the big media, Obama says that was caused by “ineffective management” in the IRS. Obama has been president for longer than four years, so any “ineffective management” is now his baby.

THE PSYCHIATRIC manual of the American Psychi­atric Association has been revised, so now everybody and anybody can be deemed nuts, if the deemer so wants. That’s one of the methods Lenin used in the original Soviet Union. Anybody who didn’t like having Lenin for a dictator was deemed nuts and locked away. I think that’s the origin of the term “politically incorrect.”

WE SURE WOULD LIKE Operation Thunder to come out to the Boykin Road area in south Augusta. These kids speed through the neighborhoods, and we have drug dealers, prostitutes and all kind of trash that need to be cleaned up.

RANT TO NATHAN DEAL. Our governor has signed a bill that changes the job description of every public school teacher. Every teacher’s pay will now depend upon their ability to perform miracles. Among these miraculous feats will be the teacher’s ability to 1). Fix stupid 2). Generate brain cells in students that are lacking the required number to perform well on tests 3). Change a student’s DNA and 4). Undo 12-plus years of bad parenting. These miracles are the expectations of Georgia’s lawmakers …but stupid just cannot be fixed.

RoadkiII
RoadkiII 05/24/13 - 03:11 pm
Something does not compute...

you said he passed you in the left lane. Either he passed you or I now know what that stench is.

wOOt....... something for the old timers

myfather15
myfather15 05/24/13 - 03:11 pm
@Rebellious

Not trying to be daddy; just telling you the truth. If the truth offends you, maybe it should. But hey, don't heed a word of advice; enjoy that ticket next time you're speeding.

myfather15
myfather15 05/24/13 - 03:14 pm
@giantsallday

It's a little late for you to show "sadness&affection" towards us; after we know the snide, hate filled comments you've slung towards us NUMEROUS times. But nice try!!

bigclaude
bigclaude 05/24/13 - 03:28 pm
you said he passed you in the

============================================
He was in the middle lane and passed me while I was in the right lane. He didn't make a full pass before he merged over into the lane I was occupying on the right, thereby running me off of the road.

Don't get me wrong. I have much respect for truck drivers. It is a very tough job, and I often wonder how annoying it must be trying to pull one of those giant rigs out in the middle of heavy traffic.

Some truckers just seem to have the "I'm bigger than you, so I can push you around" mentality. That's all I'm saying.

seenitB4
seenitB4 05/24/13 - 03:34 pm
GENTLEMEN

Please start your engines....

I just love it when men get in a tizzy fuss....hahah.....must be a boring day for yall ....lol
woot woot woot all day RK♥

RoadkiII
RoadkiII 05/24/13 - 03:58 pm
@ youknowwho

ppppffffftttttt

seenitB4
seenitB4 05/24/13 - 04:05 pm
haha RK

I'm dedicating this song to some of our old long gone posters....sometimes known as bad guys....funny how baddies make this place interesting....see yall.....

KSL
KSL 05/24/13 - 04:23 pm
RK

In 1969 we were coming home from the Atlanta area after visiting my parents. It was late at night. A woman driving one of those boxy VW station wagons passed us at ahigh rate of speed and cut in front of right behind us. We were in the right lane behind a big truck. She then immediately pulled out to pass the truck. She lost control, hit the driver's side of the truck and flipped over. I remember clearly the sparks that flew as that car slide on its roof to a stop. We slowed to a stop and pulled over, as did the truck driver. In the light of an oncoming car, we say a child on the pavement. He had been deposited on the pavement through an open window. My husband ran out in the road and grabbed the child and brough it to the side of the road. By that time, the woman realzed that she was missing one of the 4 children and started screaming. Miraculously no one was seriously hurt.

I insisted that we stay until the police arrived. I had a feeling that woman would try to claim the trucker driver caused the wreck. So we waited a long time to be interviewed as witnesses.

Sure enough, some time later we were asked the details of what had transpired by an insurance investigator at our home in Aiken. When the questioning was over, I asked if the woman was claiming that the truck driver was at fault. He said, "Yes." We got home nearly at dawn. It was before I-20 was completed. Had to get off in Madison and get back on it in Thompson.

dstewartsr
20389
dstewartsr 05/24/13 - 04:42 pm
Sneaking in a lie

... invalidates your argument, "...We filled the courts with conservative judges who affirmed our power over you and how little we value your liberty...."

Except it is the statists, that is liberals, who fill our courts, who preach that the state has the power, and that deference is owed to the state, not the people. I must have been bored to read your posts, anyway.

Trouble
Trouble 05/24/13 - 06:47 pm
ummmm bingo....

i win, where is my prize?

KSL
KSL 05/24/13 - 08:06 pm
So nice to see trouble again.

So nice to see trouble again. I see trouble hasn't changed any during absence.

Trouble
Trouble 05/24/13 - 08:45 pm
change

why on earth would i change? i am great the way i am......

KSL
KSL 05/25/13 - 01:15 am
Yep

I thought that when I met you.

You were nice, but somewhat aloof. Perhaps I came across that way, as well.

Sorry, I am not unless someone lies about me and my friends, especially in public.

KSL
KSL 05/24/13 - 09:35 pm
RK

I post somehing about looking out for a truck driver and someone claims to win the bingo game and posts here about it. Wow!

KSL
KSL 05/24/13 - 11:56 pm
no additoinal ccmment

I am totally dumbfounded at the remark made by the poster.

Broad Street fire still investigated

Downtown streets were closed for several hours Tuesday as firefighters worked to put out a blaze in a Broad Street building.