Rants & Raves

Comments from readers:

OPERATION ROLLING THUNDER was on River Watch a couple of weeks ago. They did it at 5:30 in the afternoon; traffic was backed up for two miles and it almost caused several wrecks. A lot of other things need their attention.

RAVES TO MR. RAY, a Columbia County transit driver. He is always kind and caring to people and tries to help senior citizens.

KNOW WHAT LUDOWICI, Ga., is famous for? Grovetown is fast becoming a “Ludowici”. Be careful, folks.

IF THE MAYOR AND commissioner would look at how bad some of these roads are in Richmond County, maybe they would fix them and forget about a new stadium.

THE SHERIFF’S department has got to crack down on these people who do 20 and 40 miles over the speed limit. The money is there … just write the tickets.

ABOUT THE IRS SPYING on the big media, Obama says that was caused by “ineffective management” in the IRS. Obama has been president for longer than four years, so any “ineffective management” is now his baby.

THE PSYCHIATRIC manual of the American Psychi­atric Association has been revised, so now everybody and anybody can be deemed nuts, if the deemer so wants. That’s one of the methods Lenin used in the original Soviet Union. Anybody who didn’t like having Lenin for a dictator was deemed nuts and locked away. I think that’s the origin of the term “politically incorrect.”

WE SURE WOULD LIKE Operation Thunder to come out to the Boykin Road area in south Augusta. These kids speed through the neighborhoods, and we have drug dealers, prostitutes and all kind of trash that need to be cleaned up.

RANT TO NATHAN DEAL. Our governor has signed a bill that changes the job description of every public school teacher. Every teacher’s pay will now depend upon their ability to perform miracles. Among these miraculous feats will be the teacher’s ability to 1). Fix stupid 2). Generate brain cells in students that are lacking the required number to perform well on tests 3). Change a student’s DNA and 4). Undo 12-plus years of bad parenting. These miracles are the expectations of Georgia’s lawmakers …but stupid just cannot be fixed.

RoadkiII
RoadkiII 05/24/13 - 06:53 am
High School

I graduated from HS in North Carolina. You declared as a freshman if you want a college prep, vocational, or general diploma. We had curriculums for each track. It worked very well. We were even told that if we didn't really have any idea what we wanted to go with the vocational. That way you were prepared for a 2 year college and could go on from there if you decided later you did want a bachelors degree or higher. What a concept. Preparing HS graduates for the real world.

CobaltGeorge
CobaltGeorge 05/24/13 - 06:54 am
Just Think B4

In 1974 when assigned to Fort Gordon, I bought a home on Boykin Road. It didn't take but 4 months before my second brain cell told me to get the hell out of there. Made a new world at Cobalt Park and was the best action of my life.

seenitB4
seenitB4 05/24/13 - 07:03 am
I would agree Cgee

My sister owns a home past Tobacco Rd near Boykin...she rents it....nice home btw.....I called & told her how the area is growing & to think about selling....she might.

People want to feel safe....they want good schools/not crowded schools...they want the basic needs in life....we all do.......that is just human nature & it won't change.....some will turn this around & make it racial......whatever I say........don't really care.

myfather15
myfather15 05/24/13 - 07:03 am
@Rebellious

Sorry man, but by your own admission; you ARE endangering other drivers.

"As one who pushes the edges of societal norm (speeding, lane changing, seat belts, etc...) I do not like the idea of a roadblock. I also sincerely believe I have the capacity to do these things within a range of controlability and never risk others on the road."

You MUST realize it is NOT about your ability or skill as a driver. It's also about those "crazy" drivers, who pay no attention to what they're doing. If they happened to be distracted, cross the center line and hit YOU, while you're driving FAST; YOUR speed could cause chain reaction crashes. It's common sense, the faster ANYONE goes, the more severe the crash; if it happens. Not just for you, but for those around you; when you're driving fast.

I also consider myself to be a very good driver, with good instincts and coordination and response. I'm TRAINED to drive at high speeds, every year. I also work MANY crashes which are caused; not by the person speeding, but because someone pulled out in front of the person speeding; but the crash was much more severe due to the speed involved.

Think about this; if you're in a 45 zone doing 65-70 mph. Another person pulls up to a stop sign, looks both ways and DOES SEE YOU; but they don't pay enough attention to see that you are speeding. Most of the cars are doing within 5 mph of the 45 mph limit; but not you. This driver at the stop sign THINKS they have enough time, because the vehicles aren't going that fast. They pull out in front of you, innocently thinking they've got space to do so safely; then YOU have to preform evasive/dangerous maneuvers to avoid a crash with them; thereby placing others in danger.

Are they at fault for pulling out in front of you? YES; but you're speed is a contributing factor in the severity of the crash OR if you avoid that vehicle and hit another or run off the road into the ditch or tree; you're speed is a contributing factor in the secondary crash.

Bottom line; it isn't about your ability as a driver so keep it close to the speed limit. Let's all be safe.

nocnoc
nocnoc 05/24/13 - 07:08 am
The Federal Government Joke of the Day ...

DOJ Holder to Investigate -- Holder. (himself)

But it is true and actually happening.

seenitB4
seenitB4 05/24/13 - 07:15 am
Well hello now

My hubby just woke up...he looks like George Clooney....& he is now cooking a breakfast of French pastries & omelets.....strawberries & whipped cream....ooohh life is sooo good...
Haha haaa...ok the truth is ....I lost some marbles somewhere & I have to look for them...seeya! ♥

Sean....the "other" place has sooo much color...ya need some here.

myfather15
myfather15 05/24/13 - 07:24 am
@Boy Scouts of America

I sincerely hope the people of America will punish you for your lack of a spine!! I hope the people will do as many others have already stated and LEAVE THE BOYSCOUTS. There are already rumors of organizations being started for those who want to leave the BS's. I can only hope that the VAST MAJORITY of decent human beings will take this lead and DESTROY the Boy Scouts; by removing their children.

But, as always with LP activists; it would only be a matter of time before they started trying to infiltrate these organizations; by using THREATS/COERCION to force these organizations to accept them. As always with LP's; it is NOT enough for "them" to be allowed to live however they choose; they must FORCE others to accept their lifestyle, no matter their personal opinions. Why could "they" not create their own organization, an exact replica of the scouts? They could have had the exact same struture system; but THAT isn't good enough and it IS NOT the goal. Many LP's have already stated "This is just the beginning; it's a good start but there is much more needs to be done." Can someone explain to me what else needs to be done? BSOA is a private organization; why should they be FORCED to accept people who live a lifestyle they DO NOT approve of?

But, chalk up another win for the LP's, in the battle for morals in America. They are winning more and more battles by using coercion. When are American's going to get completely fed up with these tactics and FIGHT BACK?!!!

This battle is NOT about getting gays admitted into the scouts; just like gay marriage is NOT about marriage equality. Both of these are about destroying traditional values of the American people. This is about slowly and methodically turning this Country towards THEIR values system; which it historically has never been. When MORE people start to understand this; maybe we can start winning some of these battles. Either way; we will win the War!! When a War is won; it doesn't matter how many battles were lost along the way. But people WILL be held accountable for sitting idly by and doing NOTHING.

myfather15
myfather15 05/24/13 - 07:31 am
@nocnoc

Yes, I heard about this. Next time a local deputy is accused of excessive force; they need to let him investigate the claim. Next time an official is accused of misappropriating funds; they should allow that person to preform the investigation. I believe Bernie Madoff now deserves a new trial; since he didn't get to investigate himself. What about Rob Blagojevich? He actually DID say he didn't do it; so why shouldn't that be taken as proof of his innocence?

myfather15
myfather15 05/24/13 - 07:52 am
Continuing ranting......

Why stop with FORCING a private organization to accept gays? Why not pedophiles, bigamists, drug addicts, alcoholics, etc. Heck, why not just let the alcoholics consume large amounts of vodka; during the outings with the scouts? I suppose we should start teaching the kids how to pack a "crack pipe" or make a crack pipe out of copper tubing and brillo. But I suppose we should first teach them how to properly roll a blunt or joint; since we should start at the beginning and ease them in slowly. Don't wanna start with the "hard" stuff, do we?

Then I suppose we should graduate to teaching them sexual diversity; and that ANYTHING you want to do, it perfectly ok. We should teach them to not allow their parents or other adults to make them feel guilty about whatever pleasure they desire. After all; there is no right and wrong; it's all relative to the individual. There are some venues this MIGHT be acceptable; but in the Scouts, really?

Again; this is just another attack on the traditional virtues of America. LP's have completely taken control of the educational system; indoctrinating our youth with their disgusting version of history and morals. The Scouts were one of the last places teaching young children values, virtues and ethics. The next fight the LP's are going to take on is FORCING openly gay Scout leaders. So then they will be in control of this venue of teaching our children. Do you see the pattern here? They can't convince us "Old folks" who are stuck with our Bibles and guns; so they are attacking the children in EVERY venue. Forcing THEIR way of teaching them; because the future generations are the more important for their agenda.

dichotomy
dichotomy 05/24/13 - 08:28 am
"Undo 12-plus years of bad

"Undo 12-plus years of bad parenting."

Start whacking them....frequently. Even with the dumbest hard case Pavlov's Theory kicks in sooner or later. Do something wrong, get whacked. Unfortunately we do not teach them that now. Instead of teaching them the limits of acceptance when they are young, we never punish them for anything until it's time for the felony or murder charges..

dichotomy
dichotomy 05/24/13 - 08:41 am
"Boykin Road area in south

"Boykin Road area in south Augusta. These kids speed through the neighborhoods, and we have drug dealers, prostitutes and all kind of trash that need to be cleaned up"

Think it's bad now? Well hold on to your butt when the apartments get built and your new downtown neighbors move in. But hey, that's the Consolidation Plan for downtown redevelopment. They are CONSOLIDATING their problem, low income, high crime residents out here with Secton 8.

dichotomy
dichotomy 05/24/13 - 08:52 am
"Grovetown is fast becoming a

"Grovetown is fast becoming a “Ludowici”."

Becoming????? Grovetown has been Ludowici since I came here in the 60's. The only income they had back then was from ticketing the young soldiers. Nothing has changed except the shift in population is allowing them to spread their joy to "real people".

allhans
allhans 05/24/13 - 08:57 am
"ABOUT THE IRS SPYING on the

"ABOUT THE IRS SPYING on the big media....."

The IRS was/is spying on/targeting Republicans,
it was the FBI that was spying on the media...

CobaltGeorge
CobaltGeorge 05/24/13 - 09:39 am
A Great Thanks To You myfather15

for filling in the between lines of my feelings of Morality gone to Hell.

myfather15
myfather15 05/24/13 - 09:53 am
@dichotomy

"Start whacking them....frequently."

I agree 100%. BUT, this is yet another example of how LP's have changed the mentality of the Country with their political correct non-sense. You don't know how many calls I've responded to where the parents expects us to do something with their child; because the child won't mind. In my day of growing up; my dad would NEVER have called law enforcment; he would have EASILY handled it himself.

You wouldn't believe the amount of times I've heard the PARENTS say "We can't whip them so I don't know what to do." You also wouldn't believe the amount of times I've heard children and teens say "My parents can't touch me"; and when I asked them where they heard this, it's always from 3 sources; teachers, school counselors or other teens. See the pattern??

Now, make a call to DFACS and ask if corporal punishment is still legal; see what you find out. Yes, it is; but liberals have done a spectacular job of confusing people with their propaganda; and also weakening American's resolve.

LP's love to tout the old "If you hit them, you're as bad as they are." As they have in the war on terrorism as well, saying "If we waterboard them; we are as bad at them." Even going as far as to say terrorists are only attacking us because of the action of the United States in the past. Actually blaming US for the actions of the radical terrorists. It's ridiculous NON-SENSE. But unattached American's are letting them get by with this. People Do NOT care enough to get involved. Shown in our recent Presidential election where less than half the people even voted. So, when they tout that the majority of American's gave Obama a mandate; it's a LIE!! What will it take for American's to WAKE UP and get involved? That's my big question!! The ACTIVIST Liberals are ALL IN!! I promise you that; and the inactive traditional Americans are allowing them to WIN!!

myfather15
myfather15 05/24/13 - 09:47 am
By the way; I'm only 39 years

By the way; I'm only 39 years old, so I wouldn't say I'm old folk but I'm definately "Old school".

GiantsAllDay
GiantsAllDay 05/24/13 - 10:09 am
I feel sadness & affection

I feel sadness & affection for the people hating on the Gay and Lesbian Community. They're like the last people who believe in gnomes.

GiantsAllDay
GiantsAllDay 05/24/13 - 10:18 am
Operation Rolling Thunder

"Your papers! I want to see your papers!! I represent the government. I'm here to help keep you safe. I don't need probable cause. We filled the courts with conservative judges who affirmed our power over you and how little we value your liberty. Our constitution is nothing but a worthless piece of paper. I wear the uniform representing the power that the state has over you and this reminds you who is boss. You do as I say, quickly and without question."

bigj706
bigj706 05/24/13 - 10:19 am
Correct again Humble

Correct again Humble

Mr_Chin
Mr_Chin 05/24/13 - 11:26 am
Accident at the Washington/Gibbs Rd intersection last evening?

Buddy drove by and said there was a serious accident at Washington and Gibbs road intersection. He said he thought saw a body being covered by a blanket on the road - yet I didn't see this reported on the news. Anybody knew what happened?

itsanotherday1
itsanotherday1 05/24/13 - 11:34 am
Couldn't have said it better

Couldn't have said it better GAD.

bigclaude
bigclaude 05/24/13 - 11:47 am
Right back at ya Roadkill

Please be careful when operating your 80000 pound truck around a 3500 pound car. This happened a couple of days ago. I was in the right lane minding my own business when a truck decided to merge over into the lane that I was already occupying. Luckily, we were in an area with a wide enough emergency lane that I was able to move over into it and avoid being squashed like a bug.

rebellious
22080
rebellious 05/24/13 - 12:46 pm
@ myfather

Yes, Dad........

ColdBeerBoiledPeanuts
ColdBeerBoiledPeanuts 05/24/13 - 12:47 pm
Back at Roadkill??

I've seen too many, "I have a right to be here!" drivers who pull alongside a truck and match speed just to "Pee"ve off the other drivers on the road. A lot of times they edge up into the blind spot of a truck and that's when Claudes scenario occurs. I never stay beside a big truck for longer than it takes to pass them or be passed beside them. People it's called common sense. It's also called courtesy, you know, something your grandmother would slap the back of your head if she saw you doing!!!!

bigclaude
bigclaude 05/24/13 - 01:29 pm
CBP, I'm already in the right

CBP, I'm already in the right lane doing my customary five miles an hour over the speed limit in the "slow lane" when the truck passes me in the middle lane. Then it decides to merge into my lane. It wasn't a matter of me pulling up beside him. I was already there.

RoadkiII
RoadkiII 05/24/13 - 01:40 pm
when the truck passes me in the middle lane.

Apparently you sped up and got into his blind spot since he had passed you.

I have seen some lousy truck drivers as well. We are not perfect. The point I was trying to make was for everyone to be careful around tractor trailers. Trust me on this, getting hit by Ford Fiesta is nothing like being hit by a Freightliner Cascadia.

RoadkiII
RoadkiII 05/24/13 - 01:51 pm
1,000,000 and counting

Before you accuse me of being clueless, I have over 10 consecutive years without an accident and over 1,000,000 consecutive miles without an accident.n

I will concede that 25% of car-truck accidents are the trucks fault. Guess who the other 75% belongs to.

bigclaude
bigclaude 05/24/13 - 02:02 pm
25 percent fault of the truckers

I would think that the number should be even lower since truckers are professional drivers, and I did not speed up. I maintained my 60 mph until I was ran off of the road.