Rants & Raves

Comments from readers:

OPERATION ROLLING THUNDER was on River Watch a couple of weeks ago. They did it at 5:30 in the afternoon; traffic was backed up for two miles and it almost caused several wrecks. A lot of other things need their attention.

RAVES TO MR. RAY, a Columbia County transit driver. He is always kind and caring to people and tries to help senior citizens.

IF THE MAYOR AND commissioner would look at how bad some of these roads are in Richmond County, maybe they would fix them and forget about a new stadium.

ABOUT THE IRS SPYING on the big media, Obama says that was caused by “ineffective management” in the IRS. Obama has been president for longer than four years, so any “ineffective management” is now his baby.

THE PSYCHIATRIC manual of the American Psychi­atric Association has been revised, so now everybody and anybody can be deemed nuts, if the deemer so wants. That’s one of the methods Lenin used in the original Soviet Union. Anybody who didn’t like having Lenin for a dictator was deemed nuts and locked away. I think that’s the origin of the term “politically incorrect.”

WE SURE WOULD LIKE Operation Thunder to come out to the Boykin Road area in south Augusta. These kids speed through the neighborhoods, and we have drug dealers, prostitutes and all kind of trash that need to be cleaned up.

RANT TO NATHAN DEAL. Our governor has signed a bill that changes the job description of every public school teacher. Every teacher’s pay will now depend upon their ability to perform miracles. Among these miraculous feats will be the teacher’s ability to 1). Fix stupid 2). Generate brain cells in students that are lacking the required number to perform well on tests 3). Change a student’s DNA and 4). Undo 12-plus years of bad parenting. These miracles are the expectations of Georgia’s lawmakers …but stupid just cannot be fixed.

nocnoc
nocnoc 05/23/13 - 05:02 pm
OPERATION ROLLING THUNDER was

OPERATION ROLLING THUNDER was on River Watch was there again around 12:30pm today.
Counted 5 sheriff cars and more than that # of deputies writing
Tickets... $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

This getting ridiculous trying up this # of RCSO staff.

nocnoc
nocnoc 05/23/13 - 05:08 pm
We need a POLE HOLE Hotline

We need a POLE HOLE Hotline in Richmond County and a Website that tracks the date of the 1st call and # of calls per pot hole and the date fixed or inspected and judged safe and by whom.

After 30 days ARC should start paying for bent rims and alignments out of Downtown Revitalization project funds.

Some of these holes can shallow a motorcycle front tire.

nocnoc
nocnoc 05/23/13 - 05:10 pm
"... crack down on these

"... crack down on these people who doing 20 over."

Too busy trying up RCSO cars an deputies with already over Operation Thunder type road blocks,

nocnoc
nocnoc 05/23/13 - 05:17 pm
If the Sherriff can spare a

If the Sherriff can spare a car on the South Side during the 3-6pm time frame along the section of Brown rd between Old Waynesboro Rd and FairBluff Rd.

I would like 1 speed demon on the noisiest Motorcycle stopped and arrested. If he ain't doing 90, he is doing 100.

Light color cafe racer bike rocket usually has a a Camo backpack and sometime Army BDU's like outfit.

nocnoc
nocnoc 05/23/13 - 05:31 pm
The Government solution to

The Government solution to everything is pass a law or a regulation.

Making it work, as in the case of education, is a whole other matter.

Some kids are born stupid and never will be much more than stupid. They figure out they can't earn a RICH living so they start stealing it for those that earn it.

Maybe it is time to dust off some OLD School inexpensive Vocational training starting in the 9th grade?

Teach them a working skill instead of pretending every kid is going to College andcan become highly educable.

It is a PC myth.

THE GENE POOL PROVES IT EVERYDAY

dstewartsr
20393
dstewartsr 05/23/13 - 07:38 pm
Obama says

(the IRS debacle) was caused by “ineffective management” in the IRS.

Translation: It's Bush's fault.

dstewartsr
20393
dstewartsr 05/23/13 - 07:45 pm
"... Every teacher’s pay will now depend

... upon their ability to perform miracles..."

I'd like to feel sorry for them, but for decades their organizations have been promising just that-- provided they receive more funding. As in bottomless pit. Now, after two decades of education costs going up at a rate to match health care, someone is asking for some MEASURABLE results.

How wicked of them.

dstewartsr
20393
dstewartsr 05/23/13 - 07:49 pm
"... everybody and anybody can be deemed nuts..."

Best definition I've read of "nuts" is doing the same thing over and over expecting a different result. After four years after The Annointing of The Obamessiah, those same people put him back for another four years, expecting ... what? Something different?

Little Lamb
Little Lamb 05/23/13 - 09:23 pm
nocnoc @ 6:02

Maybe the afternoon sun was making me hallucinate while I was driving, but I thought I heard the WGAC traffic guy say that Richmond County just lowered the speed limit on Riverwatch Pkwy. from 55 to 45. If that's true, that would explain how Rolling Thunder Revue was able to write so many tickets today.

rebellious
rebellious 05/23/13 - 09:57 pm
I Know A Teacher

Who politely refused all the No Child Left Behind requirements. When challenged, he asked for a comparative review of his students test results to other classes. They came back and said "Nevermind". His results from intuitive and creative teaching outpaced the "flavor of the day" requirements. Admin left him alone after that. I don't know how they satisfied the NCLB required BS, but they must have. And ultimately, he left Richmond County for another district and moved. Point being, hire good teachers, let them teach the cirriculum, and pay them based on results. Isn't that how each and everyone of the rest of society does their job? Oh, excuse me, non-union workers do their job.

rebellious
rebellious 05/23/13 - 10:05 pm
Rolling Thunder

I geniunely have mixed emotions on this whole effort. As one who pushes the edges of societal norm (speeding, lane changing, seat belts, etc...) I do not like the idea of a roadblock. I also sincerely believe I have the capacity to do these things within a range of controlability and never risk others on the road. However, there are those pushing the envelope who do not have that capacity (teens, elders, drunks, etc...) whom I appreciate the Lawmen controlling. So, for the most part, I keep quiet on this matter. But I agree that with limited resources for Law Enforcement, and given the recent murders/beatings/carjackings/robberies in the CSRA, it would seem prudent for the top law dog to refocus and properly allocate resources.

itsanotherday1
itsanotherday1 05/23/13 - 10:56 pm
@Rebellious

I wish I could give you 5 thumbs up on the last post. Some people are celebrating the results of the gestapo check points; but every cop there is one less that can be OBSERVING dangerous and impaired drivers on the roadways.

itsanotherday1
itsanotherday1 05/23/13 - 10:59 pm
"KNOW WHAT LUDOWICI, Ga., is

"KNOW WHAT LUDOWICI, Ga., is famous for? Grovetown is fast becoming a “Ludowici”. Be careful, folks."

They must have a budget shortfall.

itsanotherday1
itsanotherday1 05/23/13 - 11:01 pm
"THE SHERIFF’S department has

"THE SHERIFF’S department has got to crack down on these people who do 20 and 40 miles over the speed limit. The money is there … just write the tickets."

Hard to do that with so many tied up with check points wouldn't you say?

itsanotherday1
itsanotherday1 05/23/13 - 11:05 pm
Last rant

Yes, but you can be measured against your peers. If they are successful at working that miracle and you aren't, then what's you problem? Just like when you were in school, the tough prof can't fail the whole lot, so there is a curve. If no teachers are successful then I'm sure the governor will have to regroup.

Riverman1
Riverman1 05/24/13 - 03:57 am
Rolling Thunder

So when does the occupation end?

RoadkiII
RoadkiII 05/24/13 - 04:58 am
Friends, Enemies, and Frenemies

Please be careful when operating your 3500 pound car around an 80000 truck. This happened a couple of days ago. I was in the right lane minding my own business. A passing car pulled in front of me with less than 50 feet between us. Here comes the next idiot flying past both of us, turning into the right lane and hitting the brakes so he didn't miss his exit. Car 1 should have left more room. Car 2 just needs to learn to drive. I need 18 new tires to get rid of the flat spots. Bye His grace alone what could have been a very tragic incident was avoided. Please folks, use caution and common sense. I can't stop or turn this truck the way BJ McKay can.

ColdBeerBoiledPeanuts
ColdBeerBoiledPeanuts 05/24/13 - 05:46 am
Teachers

I've spoken with a lot of teachers, and spent a lot of time in communities observing. There are several things that need to happen.
Schools used to separate into performance rather than everyone can go to college. Classes were assembled or put together based on the grades and performance of students so that the children didn't hold the rest of the class back. Now we have to assimilate the poor performers into the college prep classes. Can you say "Dumb Down?" They should be put into classes based upon several factors, a.- their goals, b.- their performance or grades, c.- their abilities. Skills testing could help to determine this. The last two years of high school could be college courses or tech school courses. Either way they become more prepared to enter the workforce. Currently I see Honors Graduates who can't speak to a group of people coherently, write a paragraph without slang or dress properly when being given a scholarship check! We are giving sports scholarships out to people who can't understand what they've been given. If you get a scholarship (ie.. Free Ride) for playing football to a university, then your behavior should be above reproach and you should be required to take public speaking courses so that you sound like you belong in college. If you get arrested or in some other way embarrass the school then you should have to repay all tuition that was awarded to you. Maybe that would stop some of the THUG hero worship!! OK, I've ranted. If you can make sense of this and want to add to it, help yourself!!!

ColdBeerBoiledPeanuts
ColdBeerBoiledPeanuts 05/24/13 - 05:38 am
TEE Center

Now for Reynolds St. Last Night a local TV Station did a piece on people dodging, ducking and diving to get across the street at the TEE Center. Let's do some weighing here. A pedestrian bridge = $1,000,000.00. A pedestrian being struck and permanently disabled due to the ARC Commission and Engineering Dept's response or poor attempt at a response with Mr. One Call getting involved = $10,000,000.00 But, that really is no problem, when they pay more than that to get rid of employees they don't like and retain incompetent department heads who've lost that much or more in the last 10 years!!! It won't be long before someone lays down in that intersection screaming "Call my lawyer and an ambulance!!" "I'm gonna get paid!"

RoadkiII
RoadkiII 05/24/13 - 05:42 am
Rolling Thunder

If people would just obey the traffic laws it wouldn't be needed. Just something to think about.

ColdBeerBoiledPeanuts
ColdBeerBoiledPeanuts 05/24/13 - 05:46 am
Boy Scouts

Do I really need to say it? The fox has be welcomed into the hen house!! I am now sorry to say I was ever a member of this once esteemed organization. They say they will not allow openly gay scoutmasters but what of an open gay 17 year old with control over a straight 10 year old? Where's Buddy Carr and Rainbow Johnson when you need them? Ya'll have a nice day!!

RoadkiII
RoadkiII 05/24/13 - 06:17 am
Next Gubner

I think it's time for CBBP to run for gubner, then on to the White House. If he can manage to live surrounded by yankees.

seenitB4
seenitB4 05/24/13 - 06:19 am
manage to live surrounded by yankees.

Don't think I wanta end my days like that...RKill..lol

Now....I will not get my blood pressure up reading the Augusta Ga news...I will not...yahear me...

Naahhh.....too many other things to think about-----nice cool breeze this am.....nice aroma rom the flowers.....I have my own battles right here with HOA nosey butts.....riding through the neighborhood looking for law breakers....I might get my shotgun & sit outside on the big tractor tire ..the one I painted a bright pink & purple......also find those ole flamingoes & put them out by the mailbox...they are fooling with the wrong person....LOL

Humble Angela
Humble Angela 05/24/13 - 06:29 am
No child left behind is a

No child left behind is a flawed concept in it's very inception. Some children MUST be left behind, because the only option is to hold the entire class back with the child who can't learn at the same rate. It is an idiotic concept that ALL children are capable of learning at the rate of the top performers. Now I wait for some bleeding heart liberal to remind me that it was George Bush that signed into law the NCLB, because they think I would support anything and everything that he did....but unlike a great number of liberals here, I am capable of thinking for myself and not just towing the party line.

seenitB4
seenitB4 05/24/13 - 06:32 am
Was there life B4 google....

Dear Coffee,

You know how much I love you. Your color, your taste, your mind-enhancing chemicals. It seems as though my day is not complete without you. How did I ever exist before you? Even just smelling your distinguished aromas from another room is enough to make me want you. Badly. Thank you for being so delicious. Although at the beginning of our relationship I admit you had to share room with both cream and sugar, I knew you’d understand. See how much I’ve come to love you that I now appreciate your naked nuances? Oh, coffee. Please don’t tell your sister, Decaf, but I find her to be so inferior in every way, that I cannot stand to watch others consume her. I love you, coffee, and only you. Until tomorrow morning, my love.

CobaltGeorge
CobaltGeorge 05/24/13 - 06:37 am
CBBP

You're the first to say anything about the destruction of the Boy/Girl Scouts issue. How many loving, caring, Christian families, who have spent a Life time teaching their children about morals, and what is natural or unnatural in their life's, would even consider placing them in any position to be in harms way? Those delegated leaders that allowed this to happen should never be in a position to be a leader. I for one would never allow one of my sons or grands to be placed anywhere that they may receive an unwelcome colonoscopy or to be taught unnatural life actions.
Liberals have won the war on insuring that living a wholesome, moral type life style is a forbidding act. Atheism is now the new world order. The acceptance of a past president given an approval rating to use an oral teleprompter while conducting American business was the beginning. It has been down hill from there.
We now have inhuman King SMNCICBHO(M), a Hammer & Sickle man
that has made Lying, Cheating an committing criminal actions our new way of life. Are we not all proud now? I know for sure Liberals are!

seenitB4
seenitB4 05/24/13 - 06:38 am
coldbeer....so true so true

But think... my friend.....Can you say the whole USA in every way...as much as we would like "equal" in all.....it can't be....not possible--dreaming--lala land thinking.

seenitB4
seenitB4 05/24/13 - 06:47 am
You ain't seen "nuthin" yet

Just wait til 252 apts are built!

seenitB4
seenitB4 05/24/13 - 06:51 am
The yankees are coming--the yankees are coming

No..wait a minute...i think they are already with us,....well dang.

Let me see what would Scarlett do.....well she would make money/honey .....

Let us just pretend all is well.....

Humble Angela
Humble Angela 05/24/13 - 06:51 am
Everyone deserves equal

Everyone deserves equal opportunity but they are not entitled to equal outcome.

Christmas Eve storm possible

ATLANTA - Forecasters say strong storms, some with the potential for isolated tornadoes, are possible over large parts of Georgia on Christmas Eve.