Rants & Raves

IF GOV. NIKKI HALEY pays for her own food, she can eat what she bloody well pleases in the governor’s mansion. Does state Sen. Darrell Jackson think South Carolina is already a socialist nation where such as he can dictate everything?

ANDY REESE WROTE an articulate and well-written letter April 22, “Liberal built freer world.” While it was well-written, the underlying principles were somewhat skewed. Mr. Reese starts from a faulty definition of conservative and liberal/progressive. Conservatives want to build higher while maintaining foundational truths. Liberal/progressives want to build higher while destroying foundational truths.

DEMOCRATS CONTROL 55 seats in the Senate, and Republicans would need to hang on to the ones they control and pick up six more next year to take control for the first time since 2006. When was the last time the United States of America had a vibrant, growing, healthy economy? The answer: 2006.

THE PROBLEM WITH “lines in the sand” is that someone without the courage to lead can erase them and reset them. What we need is a line in stone. Well, that and a courageous leader.

DOES A CHRISTIAN WHO loves God and serves God believe in abortion, same-sex marriage, taking from those who work and giving to lazy people who don’t work and won’t work, and blame his own country because other countries hate us?

WHAT EXACTLY DOES
Georgia Regents University President Ricardo Azziz hold over the heads of the Board of Regents?

IN THE LATE 1880s, there were more than 1,000 people attending a major boxing match. The Fort Worth, Texas, mayor saw trouble brewing and telegraphed the Texas Rangers in Dallas for help. On the next train, one ranger got off. The mayor asked why they sent only one, and he replied. “You’ve only got one riot.”

The mere presence of such a ranger stopped all the potential trouble. We need one such cop to patrol places like the riverwalk.

IF YOU BELIEVE IN the Better Business Bureau, I bet you believe in leprechauns and fairies and Santa Claus and the Tooth Fairy.

I WORK DOWNTOWN and I carry my pistol every day.

seenitB4 05/18/13 - 08:56 am
The hits just keep on coming..

State Rep Tyrone Brooks is accused of soliciting contributions from corps and individuals for both Ga-BEO & Universal Humanities for years & using almost 1 million for personal expenses....sooo he now will hold a news conference next Thursday & hold your breath...at Monroe Ga.....at the site of a 1946 lynching......ANYTHING look odd at this....why not hold it in downtown ATLANTA where the lynching of $$$ took place....GEEZ folks...can you see hide/seek going on...

seenitB4 05/18/13 - 09:05 am
Monroe Ga

Call the Westboro folks.....have a real showdown at the river...lordy lordy..

seenitB4 05/18/13 - 09:12 am
For Monroe Ga folks

My heating/air man lives in Monroe & is the best I have ever had....& ifanything happens to HIM I will personally kick someone's BUTT!

Sweet son
Sweet son 05/18/13 - 09:34 am
Great Koi Pond Cgee!

You are a better man than me. I would have never started the project! We all know if we have something someone/something will try to take it away. Keep your eye out for the Herrons and I am sure you have something to take care of them! LOL! I'd really like to get in the deep end with Seenit. Wonder if she would wear a Speedo or a bikini? :)

Riverman1
Riverman1 05/18/13 - 09:36 am
What T. Boone Pickens Says About Fracking

I swear it was spelled fracing in the wiki. Heh. But to the point. T. Boone is a pretty reliable guy.

seenitB4 05/18/13 - 09:42 am
omg sweetson

sweetson has a vivid imagination...lol..BUT the last thing Cgee wants is a granny in his pond with a speedo on.....not to mention the fish wouldn't like it either.....Lordy lordy
Get Lilly to try that....she wants to run nekkid anyway!!:)

seenitB4 05/18/13 - 09:49 am
T Boone Pickens

I have always liked the man but can you say older & getting senile....even your own link speaks against fracking.....if you want it FRACK in your yard & buy up the land around you.

Riverman1
Riverman1 05/18/13 - 10:00 am
Frack It!!!

It appears there's a lot of misinformation out there about fracking. The case of the drinking water catching on fire was apparently coming from methane leaks not related to fracking. Makes us energy independent. Frack It!!

seenitB4 05/18/13 - 10:12 am
Did you read this.....

Oklahoma, for instance, has seen a sharp rise in seismic activity because of deep underground natural drilling, according to a scientific report published in the journal Geology. In 2009 the state experienced more than 1,000 earthquakes compared to the yearly average of 50

Did they make this up?? Anyway the fracking talk is giving me a fracking headache.....I have to cook squash----corn with tomatoes---chops----& cornbread..........so will talk to yall later.......but Lilly...watch out for frisky sweetson.......I don't think it is fish he is wanting to find in Cgees pond...lol...:)

Jake
Jake 05/18/13 - 10:13 am
@nocnoc

When pleasantly walking around Broad St during the day then I would say it would be more of a snub-nose. However at night, especially if I go into the Discotheque Lounge, then it would be more of a Buntline Special.

seenitB4 05/18/13 - 10:15 am
To Jake

That wouldn't be a misdaweiner would it Jake hahah

THAT was fuunnnie Jake.......see yall

Jake
Jake 05/18/13 - 10:15 am
@CG

Your pond and facilities that you have made are beautiful. No wonder you look so fit, you are a hard worker.

Jake
Jake 05/18/13 - 10:16 am
@seenit

Have fun today and good luck with the lottery.

Riverman1
Riverman1 05/18/13 - 10:16 am
Cotton Ball. Insert Snooty Expression.

I wonder if you would get kicked out of the Cotton Ball for wearing a Confederate Flag t-shirt and bringing your own sixpack of Bud? Show up looking like the guys on Duck Dynasty. Those folks just don’t look like they know how to have fun.

Riverman1
Riverman1 05/18/13 - 10:18 am
Speaking of Duck Dynasty

Have you noticed the pretty women on the show dress normally...and don't have beards? Korie Robertson...yowza!

seenitB4 05/18/13 - 12:06 pm
oooh I got it sweetson

YOU are soo clever....you know I will win tonight & you want to be 1st in line for the goodies...haha....you will be in the top 5...don't worry your pretty little self about that!

and RM...when you say this...Korie Robertson...yowza!

You dream big my friend.....ya better stick with fracking!! ♥

Riverman1
Riverman1 05/18/13 - 12:19 pm
The real star of Duck Dynasty

The real star of Duck Dynasty is Sy and his wife is NOT a looker. She's never on the show. But you wouldn't expect Sy's wife to look too good.

Riverman1
Riverman1 05/18/13 - 12:25 pm
We Lost the A

Looks like we lost the A in the Save the A agreement with Azziz. We also lost a payment for the true value of the services he misappropriated from the state. That $430 didn't reflect the real costs. I hope the distinguished folks of the Save the A campaign who met with Azziz and thought they had reached an agreement with him have learned something.

seenitB4 05/18/13 - 12:23 pm
Sy & shirt

I am wearing my Duckman shirt with Sy on the front....amazing what products are flying off the shelf right now....duck calls----shirts---anything & everything....I will give chunky Willie the credit ....he is a businessman & knows how to make the money.......cookbooks too.

Riverman1
Riverman1 05/18/13 - 12:28 pm
SeenIt, I've often thought

SeenIt, I've often thought Jase may be the real brains of the family. But Willie has made them all rich for doggone sure. What a great feeling it must be to not care how you dress or look and people will love you anyway everywhere you go.

seenitB4 05/18/13 - 12:35 pm
The ole man

Actually the ole man (Phil) invented the duckcall....Willie just expanded the business & made it explode.....tv is amazing isn't it....even the losers on Shark Tank still make it good just by the exposure on tv....now if WE had the guts & looks---just think what we could do on our own......we could take the r/rs on the road (so to speak) heheh.

Riverman1
Riverman1 05/18/13 - 12:41 pm
Reality Show

I actually know a group of local folks who have shot some pilot episodes for a reality show that has taken them all over the country. The producer is a local TV person. I don't want to give away too much, but, SeenIt, you would like it. It has a country music theme.

seenitB4 05/18/13 - 12:42 pm
I really enjoy Shark Tank

They really can be blunt & to the point with some on there...BUT that is what they need if they want to make it in business.....very few programs are worthwhile to me......wasted space sometimes....makes me wonder what other countries think of us when they see JerrySpringer...Maury & BooBoo......they must have an audience though...they are still on.

seenitB4 05/18/13 - 12:44 pm

Yes I would probably like it.....let me know when it hits tv.

Riverman1
Riverman1 05/18/13 - 12:51 pm
IF it hits TV. We will see.

IF it hits TV. We will see. It has some neat twists as it involves famous country music stars a little in a certain role. I'm really into reality shows. I watch so many of them. Yeah, I know lots about Phil starting the duck call business in the shed. He also was the starting QB at La Tech with Terry Bradshaw backing him up. Yep, Willie took them to the bigtime. Or maybe it was Korie? I've never seen Shark Tank.

seenitB4 05/18/13 - 12:53 pm
YOU haven' seen Shark Tank..

You would love it....it was on last night....the business guys are a lot like you......watch it & see what I mean by that... LOL

I just heard that the gas stations are running out of PB tickets....it could be 800 mil by the time this is over.....the yard guys are here & I have to pay them something soooo don't forget the Preakness this evening & will see yall later in day.

CobaltGeorge
CobaltGeorge 05/18/13 - 04:20 pm
Jake, B4, Sweet son & Lilly

Thank you all for the nice compliments on Cobalt Park Mountain Water Falls.

Will, I'm no longer the owner of a large Gun collection. Today I donated to each of my 3 Grandsons, 3 - 25 guns safes full of my guns. (total 71 guns). I keep one safe that has only 4 pistols, 3 AR's, 1 AK, Remington 1100 shotgun with rib sights, Parker Hale 22-250, Model M5 rolling block, single shot .22 that my father gave me when I was 7, 20 - 30 round mags fully loaded for the AR & AK and 11000 rounds of 223 & 5.56.

The old saying is, you can't take with you.

Sweet son
Sweet son 05/18/13 - 04:36 pm
Good for you George!

My father who is still with us has already given me several weapons. One is a Browning High Power which made it's way back from WWII. Glad you are passing on the tradition to your grandsons and I am sure you have taught them to shoot and how to respect the responsibility of owning your weapons. I'm sure you still have plenty of firepower to protect the homestead!

I too like Seenit have some lottery tickets and if I win hope to share the windfall with many!

harley_52
harley_52 05/18/13 - 05:39 pm
CG....

Your pond is beautiful. I admire your ability and your energy.

Your grandsons are fortunate to have you for a grandfather.

CobaltGeorge
CobaltGeorge 05/18/13 - 06:04 pm
harley Thanks

I am really proud to have respectable and productive Grandsons.

MCG student, class buy kids' books for Ferguson library

Three weeks after the Missouri grand jury indictment verdict, Ashee Nicole Sharer created a Ferguson wish list on BarnesAndNoble.com, urging classmates to purchase a book for the Ferguson ...