Rants & Raves

IF GOV. NIKKI HALEY pays for her own food, she can eat what she bloody well pleases in the governor’s mansion. Does state Sen. Darrell Jackson think South Carolina is already a socialist nation where such as he can dictate everything?

ANDY REESE WROTE an articulate and well-written letter April 22, “Liberal built freer world.” While it was well-written, the underlying principles were somewhat skewed. Mr. Reese starts from a faulty definition of conservative and liberal/progressive. Conservatives want to build higher while maintaining foundational truths. Liberal/progressives want to build higher while destroying foundational truths.

DEMOCRATS CONTROL 55 seats in the Senate, and Republicans would need to hang on to the ones they control and pick up six more next year to take control for the first time since 2006. When was the last time the United States of America had a vibrant, growing, healthy economy? The answer: 2006.

THE PROBLEM WITH “lines in the sand” is that someone without the courage to lead can erase them and reset them. What we need is a line in stone. Well, that and a courageous leader.

DOES A CHRISTIAN WHO loves God and serves God believe in abortion, same-sex marriage, taking from those who work and giving to lazy people who don’t work and won’t work, and blame his own country because other countries hate us?

WHAT EXACTLY DOES
Georgia Regents University President Ricardo Azziz hold over the heads of the Board of Regents?

IN THE LATE 1880s, there were more than 1,000 people attending a major boxing match. The Fort Worth, Texas, mayor saw trouble brewing and telegraphed the Texas Rangers in Dallas for help. On the next train, one ranger got off. The mayor asked why they sent only one, and he replied. “You’ve only got one riot.”

The mere presence of such a ranger stopped all the potential trouble. We need one such cop to patrol places like the riverwalk.

IF YOU BELIEVE IN the Better Business Bureau, I bet you believe in leprechauns and fairies and Santa Claus and the Tooth Fairy.

I WORK DOWNTOWN and I carry my pistol every day.

nocnoc 05/17/13 - 07:52 pm
What Gov. Haley should say to

What Gov. Haley should say to Sen. Darrell Jackson

Bite me.☺

nocnoc 05/17/13 - 08:09 pm
Mr. REESE wrote a

Mr. REESE wrote a well-written letter.

It very slanted, built on a liberal agenda of facts, but well written.

nocnoc 05/17/13 - 08:09 pm
DEMOCRAT CONTROL Never ask

DEMOCRAT CONTROL

Never ask a butcher to bake bread, and never ask a Baker to cut meat.

In short never let a liberal or a socialist manage money.

nocnoc 05/17/13 - 08:09 pm
So now Obama is using

So now Obama is using Bushism's
But he forgot the part that means war.

nocnoc 05/17/13 - 08:10 pm
GRU President Ricardo Azziz

GRU President Ricardo Azziz

is now aka the Teflon Don of GRU.

nocnoc 05/17/13 - 08:10 pm
Laws of the wild west had

Laws of the wild west had some benefits.

Maybe it is time to bring a few back.

nocnoc 05/17/13 - 08:10 pm
person can't serve 2

person can't serve 2 masters
Neither can any politician.

It is either GODs law, or Hell.

nocnoc 05/17/13 - 08:10 pm
To paraphrase an earlier RM

To paraphrase an earlier RM statement

The BBB has gone the way of the Landline.
Internet reviews and etc.. are quicker and a overall better judge after you weed out the phony ones.

nocnoc 05/17/13 - 08:11 pm
"WORK's DOWNTOWN and carries

"WORK's DOWNTOWN and carries a Pistol every day."

So do a lot of police officers. ☺☻☺

Seriously I also keep 1 in the vehicle and 100rds of extra ammo.
But I do that everywhere I go, not just downtown.

Jake
Jake 05/18/13 - 12:11 am
If I worked downtown....

.....then I would carry a gun. You know, as in "this is my rifle and this is my gun". You never know when you may need it. A-how-how.

Jake
Jake 05/18/13 - 12:13 am
I believe in fairies

Just look at how many you see now-a-days.

Jake
Jake 05/18/13 - 12:33 am
2006

Was that the year I went to Georgia and had trouble finding gasoline?
Or was that 2007?
I pulled off of the interstate while driving from Atlanta to Augusta and started looking for gas in Thomson because I had been warned that many stations did not have any gas. And there was no gas, just plastic bags on the dispenser handles.
There was quite a selection of pork skins at the roadside stores but no gas. I almost felt like I was in a 3rd world country.
I forgot under whose administration that may have happened but in the long run it did not matter. Didn't change a thing.

Riverman1
Riverman1 05/18/13 - 12:57 pm
Jake, It Was the Pork Skins

Jake, maybe the Saudis were not sending gas to any station selling pork skins? But I wish we would frack everywhere and make us energy self-sufficient. Fracking does absolutely nothing to damage the land or water. We have voluptuous supplies of natural gas underground. It's scintillating to realize we can stick a pipe deep into it, shoot in pressurized liquid and bring it to a boil deep inside the earth like a volcano erupting. You don't need any special protection when good companies frack. I wish I could frack in my yard. Somehow Sarah Palin's "Drill baby drill," goes with, "Frack it!!!" Sarah Palin goes with a lot of things in my mind.

CobaltGeorge
CobaltGeorge 05/18/13 - 06:17 am
Good Morning America

Not on Topic but project Koi pond completed;

Riverman1
Riverman1 05/18/13 - 06:31 am
Wow, CG, what a beautiful

Wow, CG, what a beautiful pond. I can't imagine the work that went into it.

CobaltGeorge
CobaltGeorge 05/18/13 - 06:43 am
Thanks RM

My back will never take another project. The last one in my life.

Riverman1
Riverman1 05/18/13 - 06:57 am
Modern Day Cruise Ships

I have an observation about cruise ships. The way it’s done these days it’s definitely not the Titanic with wealthy passengers. I have no doubt the waiters, cooks and other crew are wealthier than the passengers. I don’t believe Jack and Rose would find each other on one of these modern day floating Motel 6’s.

nocnoc 05/18/13 - 07:11 am
Jake - The Gas shortage was

Jake - The Gas shortage was days after Hurricane Katrina Date: August 23, 2005 – August 30, 2005 and a Category 5.

It took out, or downed 1/2 of the Gas refineries in the USA.

It happened under BUSH - Bush was to blame for the Hurricane remember?
An Global Warming was to blame for the Hurricane Sandy not Obama.

The real Problem is the EPA has and continues to refuse to allow the building of NEW Gas Refineries in other areas. So every time a hurricane hits the gulf area 1/2 the refineries have to shutdown to avoid a Major Spill.

Add to that the US only has at any time, 3-5 days of GAS product in reserve and it takes 4 days to a week to SAFELY restart a refinery.

So if we have a 3rd world country if really boils down to a Government Bureaucracy pushing us in the direction single points of failure.

nocnoc 05/18/13 - 07:14 am
Jake keeping in the humor of your post

"this is my rifle and this is my gun"

Do you carry a snub nose 38 or a 44 mag ☺

Humble Angela
Humble Angela 05/18/13 - 07:36 am
Springfield XDS .45........at

Springfield XDS .45........at all times.

nocnoc 05/18/13 - 08:22 am
HA - I use 40+ JHP 180grn

HA -

Colt 1911 series 70 re-chambered (barrel and 18lbs springs)
to use 40cal

At 10m - 30m I like my 40+ using JHP 180grn with CCI 400 inserts in my 1st clip

But I still like my 22LR S&W 422 in closeup situations.

seenitB4
seenitB4 05/18/13 - 08:31 am
Heh CGee I wondered where you were

Now I know....good job... the pond is fantastic!!

seenitB4
seenitB4 05/18/13 - 08:32 am
NOT in my backyard..

There will be no fracking in my yard...

What are the risks of fracking?

The chemicals that are injected into shale deposits during fracking in the U.S. include acids, detergents and poisons that can be harmful if they seep into drinking water. Trucking and storage accidents have caused spills of fracking fluids and the salty water used — called brine — also resulting in contaminated drinking water. Gas companies often do not disclose the composition of their fracking chemical cocktails, making it difficult to monitor the risks of each fracking project. Methane gas can also escape during fracking, creating the possibility of dangerous explosions.

After the fracking process, deposits of radioactive elements and huge concentrations of salt are left in the earth’s surface; in order to dispose of these deposits gas companies inject them into deep wells, in some cases triggering small earthquakes, as has already happened in eight U.S. locations. New Pennsylvania regulations enacted in 2011 require gas companies to recycle 90 percent of the briny water by reusing it to frack more shale.

seenitB4
seenitB4 05/18/13 - 08:35 am
Now....that could be many workers in town..

I WORK DOWNTOWN and I carry my pistol every day.

seenitB4
seenitB4 05/18/13 - 08:39 am
Why does anyone care

dichotomy
dichotomy 05/18/13 - 08:40 am
"I WORK DOWNTOWN and I carry

"I WORK DOWNTOWN and I carry my pistol every day."

You are a wise person. I also carried mine when I worked downtown. It was comforting to have it with me when I had to work late , especially in the parking decks, lots, or on the side streets. Countyman cites statistics that say incidents happen infrequently. Statistics do not matter if you happen to be the unlucky person that gets their head bashed in.

LillyfromtheMills
LillyfromtheMills 05/18/13 - 08:44 am
CG

Beautiful!

nocnoc 05/18/13 - 09:05 am
FrackingAfter read a cause

Fracking
After reading a cause and effect article/report.
I have been monitoring the Radiation Network monitors in the Northern Mid-West where a lot of fracking is now taking place.

There has been and continues to be High Rad Reports downwind of Fracking sites. http://radiationnetwork.com/
"Several of the recent alerts have come from locations near hydraulically fractured wells. Certain radionuclides, including Iodine 131, are among those used as tracers to map fractures. Tracers, in addition to radium, return to the surface with the flowback and gas. Wastewater is sometimes kept in evaporation ponds or dumped nearby. Could be a possible source."

This theory especially interesting in attempting an explanation for Grand Rapids, since that station is located downstream of prevailing winds from the petroluem production fields in Dakota.

On a note closer to home.
Fracking is planned for the Western NC and North GA areas.

seenitB4
seenitB4 05/18/13 - 09:08 am
After tonight

After I win the powerball tonight I won't have a lot of time to post....I know most of yall will understand....
I will try my best to fit in as many of my posting friends as possible BUT please be patient....tax guys---cpas--stock brokers....all of these guys will have to come first....& of course I will need a personal bodyguard.....and a big fancy safe suv....I can think of a RCSO officer that would work as a bodyguard & driver.....I would start his pay at $150,000 a year but his Mrs would probably want some pay too...well ok (ksm) I will pay you too.....(she could fill in when he was sick---:)

itsanotherday1
itsanotherday1 05/18/13 - 09:18 am
$200M net after taxes.....

$200M net after taxes..... All that money, so little time....

Historic Augusta accused of fraud

The owner of the Goodale House delivered a criminal complaint to the Secretary of State's office accusing Historic Augusta of using his name to win a grant.