Rants & Raves

Comments from readers:

OBAMA COMPLAINED about America being responsible for violence in Mexico. I wonder if he was including the 2,000 weapons the federal government allowed to be smuggled into Mexico and put in the hands of drug cartels. It would be nice for Obama and Holder to come clean on this instead of claiming executive privilege!

WE NEED DR. FRAZIER at the alternative school! Frankly, we could do with a Dr. Frazier at every school. He does work very well with young people who need more discipline and toughness. I realize some people prefer a cuddly teddy bear but you can’t have the tough bear and teddy bear both to work at the same time. Keep Dr. Frazier as he is.

THUMBS DOWN TO certain commenters who frequent The Chronicle chat room. With little more than the scant information provided in a news article, goaded on by others of like minds, they assume the role of judge and jury. Why bother with factual evidence? All they need is a “rope and tree limb” to dispense their vigilante justice. If they are called out, these diva’s cry like little girls and whine, “That’s not fair”. Trolls used to lurk under bridges. Now they hang out on Web sites, cloaked by catchy usernames.

THERE IS SO MUCH wrong in Lincoln County schools. Being a small community, we fear the wrath of the chosen.

WANT TO GET RID of Azziz? 1. Flood the Governor’s Office with e-mails and hand-written letters. Picket Deal when he is in Augusta.

WHY NOT USE CAMERAS for Operation Thunder and use the deputies for downtown? Seems like a simple solution.

WHEN YOU READ THE allegations against Wayne Frazier, you wonder how he has stayed on as principal of anything ... much less a dysfunctional school. Get Professional Standards involved and get Frazier out of our district.

RANTS TO Richmond County police. Where were you when the brawl broke out on Broad Street? And to you lowlifes who would rather use your phone to record the brawl than to dial 911 for help. Downtown Augusta will always have a bad reputation as long as law enforcement ignores the problems and until the brawlers/trouble makers/lowlifes learn how to behave.

HOW CAN A FAMILY come up with $50,000 bond money when they cannot help his only child?

Jake
Jake 05/14/13 - 10:53 pm
KSL

I remember it well. I sure hope our friend in Appling is still with us.

Giants, I went to the game on Saturday with my brother in law who had box seats behind home plate. There were 12 of us and only one other Braves fan, other than me. A real nice guy from Tifton, GA. Him and I suffered in the 10-1 loss. I have been out here 24 yrs and still love the Braves and Falcons. It is humbling to have to sit among 40 thousand people and watch that fiasco.

Jake
Jake 05/15/13 - 02:22 pm

Jake
Jake 05/14/13 - 11:03 pm
Axed...

....my comment, not the other thing.

KSL
KSL 05/14/13 - 11:05 pm
Jake

He is. He will outlive me. Unfortunately there are others who have not.

I hope we get to see you the next time you are here.

KSL
KSL 05/14/13 - 11:07 pm
You had a comment axed?

You had a comment axed?

GiantsAllDay 05/14/13 - 11:11 pm
Jake, buddy. I was at the

Jake, buddy. I was at the game last Wednesday. A special boat that went from Vallejo to mccovey cove. It wast priced for $5 more but me, my brother and my nephews went for it. It was against the phillies and Zito pitched. PLEASE buddy, tell these idiots in ga that the only way to see a game is to take a boat ride, passing Alcatraz with the GG bridge in the background is the only way to see a game. My little bro got seats for us in sect 105. Zito pitched a great game. Castilla struck out Ryan Howard in the 8th--one of the best thing I've ever seen in baseball. Affeclt get the job done then Romo blew it. Buster Posey got a lead off single in the 10th then he came home on a Torres walk off. We rode the boat back to Vallejo with all of us sitting in the sun in the way back. Georgians just don't understand that stuff. A perfect day that god created. ATT&T park.

Jake
Jake 05/14/13 - 11:08 pm
Outlive

KSL, I hope you are not implying that something is the matter with you. You always look terriffic when I see you.
I hope to be back in the fall and see as many folks as I can.

Jake
Jake 05/14/13 - 11:16 pm
GAD

Hey bro, there you go dissing Ga folks because they don't have the game perspective that you enjoyed that day.
AT&T park is a nice spot and San Francisco is a beautiful place but what good does it do call people from Georgia idiots because they don't share your enthusiasm? Some of the most obnoxious folks I have met have been here and they have been Giants and 49ers fans.
Every fan enjoys their team but at least be respectful for others. Comprende?

Jake
Jake 05/14/13 - 11:18 pm
Fencing

Have to pick up son from fencing, everyone be civil.

GiantsAllDay 05/14/13 - 11:20 pm
Jake, I comprehend. AT&T is a

Jake, I comprehend. AT&T is a "nice spot"? OK buddy. Turner field is just as good? OK buddy

itsanotherday1
itsanotherday1 05/14/13 - 11:20 pm
Eggsactly Jake!

"I have been a part of the Chronicle posting boards for many years and have met some of the people who post. I have not met a one that was not an outstanding individual and who I have not enjoyed their company.
Not many of them share my views but that is fine with me as I probably don't share their's as well."

I haven't met a single person from the AC discussion pages that I didn't think was "good people". I fall in the "moderate" category on some issues, so I catch it from the left and the right. Others, I'm staunchly conservative, but that doesn't mean I can't disagree on principle without being disagreeable. I might have mentioned this on another thread; I don't think there is anyone psoting in the comments section I wouldn't enjoy meeting and talking to. On the old forums, there were a couple I would like to meet just to punch them in the mouth. They made debate too personal.

KSL
KSL 05/14/13 - 11:25 pm
GAD

"idiots in Georgia." Perhaps someone trying to get tourists to San Fran needs to muzzle you.

Here is what I will tell you. Jake does a wonderful job of representing SF. You on the other hand do just the opposite, unless you are trying to attract same sex couples as tourists. My brother took his bride there for a honeymoon. My husband took me there for our 40th. That could change!

GiantsAllDay 05/14/13 - 11:24 pm
Jake, you saw my questions.

Jake, you saw my questions. All I want is some answers from a 21st century brain. Like ICL, that fiat dude or my father15. Then I want them to go to Evans, lakeside or greenbrier HS and explain it to them. That's all

GiantsAllDay 05/14/13 - 11:29 pm
KSL

Not everyone in GA are idiots. I have met the nicest and most intelligent people there. Oh and by the way I am not on the SF entertainment committee. I don't think they need me

itsanotherday1
itsanotherday1 05/14/13 - 11:29 pm
GAD

I've visited SF a couple of times and would like to again. It is a beautiful place, geographically speaking. However, $1M would not be enough money for me to move there and endure the social/political piece of it.

KSL
KSL 05/14/13 - 11:29 pm
GAD

What you want is an answer you can attempt to Alinsky.

GiantsAllDay 05/14/13 - 11:31 pm
Itsanotherday: how about 10

Itsanotherday: how about 10 million?

KSL
KSL 05/14/13 - 11:32 pm
GAD

I see you have already done that.

KSL
KSL 05/14/13 - 11:35 pm
"Everyone.... are idiots" is

"Everyone.... are idiots" is incorrect grammar, by the way.

GiantsAllDay 05/14/13 - 11:35 pm
KSL, is anyone in Augusta GA

KSL, is anyone in Augusta GA going to go on the record and answer my questions about the bible? I will not criticize or even respond. I'll let the answers stand on their own. I'll will cut and paste in case you missed them.

KSL
KSL 05/14/13 - 11:36 pm
That is, if we want to

That is, if we want to nitpick.

GiantsAllDay 05/14/13 - 11:37 pm
KSL, what if I put incorrect

KSL, what if I put incorrect grammar in there just to see??

KSL
KSL 05/14/13 - 11:39 pm
I think Bible is supposed to

I think Bible is supposed to have capital "B."

But why the heck are you asking me that question?

GiantsAllDay 05/14/13 - 11:39 pm
You see, KSL I am God and I

You see, KSL I am God and I put incorrect grammar in there just to test you. You are passing (so far)

KSL
KSL 05/14/13 - 11:40 pm
Just to see what?

Just to see what?

GiantsAllDay 05/14/13 - 11:41 pm
The almighty God has power

The almighty God has power over the Internet, correct?

pgapeach2
pgapeach2 05/14/13 - 11:41 pm
Non ethnic white male

dstewartsr, I'm not sure of the decades in which you served but I have served during the last three decades and have come across three. One was at the brigade level and the other two were company level. They do exist, there just far and few in between. And thank you for your service.

GiantsAllDay 05/14/13 - 11:46 pm
I still have my bible

I still have my bible questions ready to go for anyone who wants to answer. I will not reply. I just want the high school kids from Columbia and Richmond counties to see the answers.

GiantsAllDay 05/14/13 - 11:58 pm
Preachers, are you still out

Preachers, are you still out there with your mythology book? I was taught roman and Greek mythology in 9th grade.

GiantsAllDay 05/15/13 - 12:41 am
KSL, what I just want is for

KSL, what I just want is for the kids today to not be abused by religion. That's all. Once a child sees his or her parents putting the presents under the tree, they can never go back to believing in Santa Claus, can they? I am not homosexual, but I think it is child abuse for adults to tell kids that homosexuality is condemned by god (that has never been proven to exist). And that's not even the worst part. Telling little children that they will go to an everlasting place of burning punishment if they don't except some ancient dude called Jesus is the worst case of child abuse ever. Yet the Richmond and Columbia counties children's services department lets the churches get away with it every Sunday. See why I won't let it alone??
KSL, "I am at leased or way more smart than you." Perhaps you are, doesn't matter to me. But at least we have 21st century brains?