Rants & Raves

Comments from readers:

OBAMA COMPLAINED about America being responsible for violence in Mexico. I wonder if he was including the 2,000 weapons the federal government allowed to be smuggled into Mexico and put in the hands of drug cartels. It would be nice for Obama and Holder to come clean on this instead of claiming executive privilege!

WE NEED DR. FRAZIER at the alternative school! Frankly, we could do with a Dr. Frazier at every school. He does work very well with young people who need more discipline and toughness. I realize some people prefer a cuddly teddy bear but you can’t have the tough bear and teddy bear both to work at the same time. Keep Dr. Frazier as he is.

THUMBS DOWN TO certain commenters who frequent The Chronicle chat room. With little more than the scant information provided in a news article, goaded on by others of like minds, they assume the role of judge and jury. Why bother with factual evidence? All they need is a “rope and tree limb” to dispense their vigilante justice. If they are called out, these diva’s cry like little girls and whine, “That’s not fair”. Trolls used to lurk under bridges. Now they hang out on Web sites, cloaked by catchy usernames.

THERE IS SO MUCH wrong in Lincoln County schools. Being a small community, we fear the wrath of the chosen.

WANT TO GET RID of Azziz? 1. Flood the Governor’s Office with e-mails and hand-written letters. Picket Deal when he is in Augusta.

WHY NOT USE CAMERAS for Operation Thunder and use the deputies for downtown? Seems like a simple solution.

WHEN YOU READ THE allegations against Wayne Frazier, you wonder how he has stayed on as principal of anything ... much less a dysfunctional school. Get Professional Standards involved and get Frazier out of our district.

RANTS TO Richmond County police. Where were you when the brawl broke out on Broad Street? And to you lowlifes who would rather use your phone to record the brawl than to dial 911 for help. Downtown Augusta will always have a bad reputation as long as law enforcement ignores the problems and until the brawlers/trouble makers/lowlifes learn how to behave.

HOW CAN A FAMILY come up with $50,000 bond money when they cannot help his only child?

Shortcomment
Shortcomment 05/14/13 - 07:09 pm
THUMBS DOWN TO certain commenters who frequent the AC.

Could not agree more.
We need to better educate The Liberals on how to accept the truth and how to post the facts instead of PC statements.

Shortcomment
Shortcomment 05/14/13 - 07:10 pm
Ask a Liberal.

America is to blame for everything.

A good example is President Obama.

Shortcomment
Shortcomment 05/14/13 - 07:17 pm
WHY NOT USE CAMERAS for Operation Thunder

A camera cannot conduct a DUI test.

But Operation Thunder is due to be shutdown just due to the Lack of Return for the amount of effort and resources it uses. The number of citations is not that much more than the normal amount by RCSO deputies over the same time frame.

Shortcomment
Shortcomment 05/14/13 - 07:19 pm
THE allegations against Wayne Frazier.

Having read the problems he has, one has to wonder what he has on someone on the School Board?

Shortcomment
Shortcomment 05/14/13 - 07:22 pm
Why the RANT to RCSO Deputies

Why the RANT to RCSO Deputies over the brawl?

The person in the cross hairs should be the person that failed to assign any deputies the Broad St. on the Party Night.

Who(m) could that be & why?

InChristLove
InChristLove 05/14/13 - 08:29 pm
I'm sorry but I find it

I'm sorry but I find it absolutely hilarious that someone would call/write in with a rant about commenters on this newspaper's comment section. Talk about "diva's crying like a little girl". Pot meet kettle. Someone must have gotten blocked for not following the comment policy rules.

dstewartsr
20389
dstewartsr 05/14/13 - 09:07 pm
"Why not use cameras for Operation Thunder...?"

Because cameras can't bully people around; going downtown, not in a pack like dogs --especially at the Riverwalk-- is SCARY.

dstewartsr
20389
dstewartsr 05/14/13 - 09:12 pm
The headline reads, "Justice investigating IRS

... targeting of tea party..."

Kidding, right? Eric Holder's Justice department, the one The Obamessiah had to extend His holy mantle of executive privilege to protect from prosecution itself?

Mmmm-mmmm, mmmm-mmmm...

GiantsAllDay 05/14/13 - 09:23 pm
ICL

ICL, who makes the rules?

dstewartsr
20389
dstewartsr 05/14/13 - 09:25 pm
"... (T)he Army is moving forward with

...(Defense Secretary) Hagel's instruction to retrain, re-credential and rescreen ALL sexual assault prevention and response personnel and military recruiters..."

Can you say "purge", children? Can anyone guess what's coming next? Hint: In almost three decades of service I never saw a non-ethnic white male Equal Opportunity NCO.

dstewartsr
20389
dstewartsr 05/14/13 - 09:31 pm
"... who makes the rules?"

The rules are right above every time one posts and are Holy Writ, and Sean is the prophet:

"The Augusta Chronicle comments are enabled for a robust but respectful conversation, not for personal attacks or harassment of others. You agree not to make racist, obscene or hateful remarks. Please stay on topic. Read the full policy. Click the Report link to help identify inappropriate posts. Violations may result in removal of accounts."

And there's a clickable link with tons more legalese!

Woo-hoo!

GiantsAllDay 05/14/13 - 09:44 pm
Ok looks I'm good then. Never

Ok looks I'm good then. Never made an obscene racist or hurtful comment in my life.

GiantsAllDay 05/14/13 - 09:45 pm
I have been attacked so many

I have been attacked so many times on here yet I have never complained. Do you think the prophet Sean will make them retroactive??

GiantsAllDay 05/14/13 - 09:51 pm
If you look back on history

If you look back on history you will find that when the majority (in this case Xtians) think they are being attacked, that's when they know they are dying out. Crackes me up.... The majority thinks they are being under attack.

InChristLove
InChristLove 05/14/13 - 10:12 pm
Nice try GAD. You expect

Nice try GAD. You expect someone to flag your comment for violating policy (most definitely hateful and borderline obscene) so you can act like a big man and say "see, I'm right". Go for it big boy! I don't have the time to waste on child like antics and I hope no one flags this so that all can see on here just how you roll.

InChristLove
InChristLove 05/14/13 - 10:13 pm
Too late I see.....

Too late I see.....

GiantsAllDay 05/14/13 - 10:14 pm
ICL

Can you at least have the courage to answer my questions to Angela that she would not answer? I will cut and paste them on here if you don't have them.

GiantsAllDay 05/14/13 - 10:15 pm
Too late I see

Too late I see

GiantsAllDay 05/14/13 - 10:22 pm
ICL

Will you help me to set up atheist club at lakeside, Evans or greenbrier?? Just to see how curious the kids are today?? I have nothing to prove and you have everything to prove. Just be careful how you answer.

Jake
Jake 05/14/13 - 10:23 pm
GAD

Other than the fact that he likes the Giants and is sometimes less than cordial, I see nothing hateful or borderline obscene in what he says.
He asks questions that are many times ignored or ruled inappropriate by the masses.
Not much worse than saying "Go for it big boy!", in a loving and gentle in-Christ-love kind of way.

GiantsAllDay 05/14/13 - 10:28 pm

Thank you Jake, I will cut and paste my questions for ICL to answer. Humble Anglea said they were too personal. Of course they are if you believe in crazy stuff.

GiantsAllDay 05/14/13 - 10:31 pm
Jake, I just ask you what are

Jake, I just ask you what are the baptists going to do on Sundays once everyone realizes that the bible is a myth, an epoch like Homer's Odyssey?

GiantsAllDay 05/14/13 - 10:33 pm
Jake, I promise to be my best

Jake, I promise to be my best to be cordial from now on. But is so hard to be that way to adults. I can be cordial to the kids.

Jake
Jake 05/14/13 - 10:35 pm
Questions

I read them and thought that someone would post a response instead of cop-out.
I think you will know the response, though. "He is God and he can manipulate the universe in whatever way He sees fit". The fact that it flies in the face of scientific, geologic or logical evidence can be dismissed by that reasoning.

KSL
KSL 05/14/13 - 10:37 pm
Jake

Geeze.

KSL
KSL 05/14/13 - 10:39 pm
I think you know what I mean.

I think you know what I mean.

KSL
KSL 05/14/13 - 10:43 pm
Jake

With the exception of one, I have known you as long as I have known any person commenting here now or before. And that one is no longer with us.

Remember?

GiantsAllDay 05/14/13 - 10:45 pm
Jake, I like the giants and

Jake, I like the giants and that is my weakness? HaHa. I have a father still alive at 87 and served in WWII. He had kamikaze pilots fly into his ship. He had to shoot them down or me, my kids and my grand kids wouldn't be here. Thinks Anglea ICL or myfather15 would never understand. He is an American first and a Californian second and so am I. But my wonderful father and mother taught me to ask questions. It went with me through elementary, junior high school, high school and college and post grad. Thanks a bunch Jake. The braves are real. The giants are real. An invisible god in heaven, not so much. But I have a connection with braves fans like you. Can we just PLEASE move into the 21st century??

Jake
Jake 05/14/13 - 10:46 pm
Cordial

I have been a part of the Chronicle posting boards for many years and have met some of the people who post. I have not met a one that was not an outstanding individual and who I have not enjoyed their company.
Not many of them share my views but that is fine with me as I probably don't share their's as well.
I appreciate your humor and like your approach.

GiantsAllDay 05/14/13 - 10:48 pm
Jake, you said "god" and

Jake, you said "god" and "he" in the same sentence. So in your opinion, does the great invisible being in the sky have a penis?