Rants and raves

Comments from readers:

YOU HAVE to admire the Israelis since they mean what they say. They have taken decisive action after their “red line” was crossed. In January and again recently they have performed airstrikes in Syria on weapons shipments bound for Hezbollah. Good for them!

TO THE 82-YEAR-OLD in the wheelchair: The unfortunate tendency to lawsuits makes it impossible for some extra services to be done off premises, so I suspect that is the reason why MCG can no longer send someone out to the parking lot for you. Someone needs to help transport you at least far enough into the hospital or doctor’s office and to get you out, too.

WHAT IS GOING ON in Syria is none of our business. It’s time to bring our troops home and put America first.

MORE THAN $280,000 worth of things that GRU President Ricardo Azziz did to the home without approval? That money could have helped out some little bit for the low-paid staff with no raises for several years.

RAVE FOR THE WORK of Operation Thunder in cutting down on drunk drivers. Now, if they can only roll one out for downtown a bit to catch the crooks who are attacking people out there at least two days in a row.

LOOK, BAR OWNERS, if cuts in your alcohol sales mean fewer drunk drivers, you will have to live with that. Either that or have a better system with the taxis or other services to have someone drive the drunks home.

OPERATION ROLLING Thunder ... Though catching DUIs, drug abusers is a good thing, I got caught up in it. I’m a senior citizen living on a fixed income and a careful driver. I see in Sunday’s paper many people got warnings while I got a speeding ticket. I wonder why this is? Since I got the ticket I’ve been trying to find out how much this operation cost me but no one has been able to tell me. I have provided the citation number and my driver’s license and no one has a record for it. What’s up with this mess? I am trying to budget to pay this thing.

DOWNTOWN AUGUSTA does not need a bus to take Fort Gordon soldiers to the bars on Friday and Saturday nights. What downtown needs is more police patrolling the streets.

seenitB4
seenitB4 05/14/13 - 03:31 pm
also

You could have signs on your own personal car.....

Riverman1
Riverman1 05/14/13 - 03:35 pm
Press Release

For immediate release: A wildly, enthusiastic crowd is expected tomorrow morning to protest the visit of University System of Georgia Chancellor Hank Huckabee to the Savannah River Pavilion for a Columbia County Chamber of Commerce breakfast. Signs voicing displeasure with GRU president Ricardo Azziz will be prominently displayed. Save the A signs will be carried by many. For those without transportation we are looking into renting the GRU shuttle bus to give everyone a ride. We will also be asking GRU police officers to donate their time to provide security.

GiantsAllDay
GiantsAllDay 05/14/13 - 03:35 pm
It doesn't matter HA. There

It doesn't matter HA. There are plenty of your friends here that will be willing to jump in. It will all be recorded for history.

Humble Angela
Humble Angela 05/14/13 - 03:39 pm
And everyone will see who is

And everyone will see who is rude, and who is without class. Thank you for clearing that up.

seenitB4
seenitB4 05/14/13 - 03:40 pm
hahah

They might need security when some read these comments....

seenitB4
seenitB4 05/14/13 - 03:41 pm
Somehow

I feel like I'm in the middle of a love spat between Humble & GAD...dunno why...but I do....do you River?

Riverman1
Riverman1 05/14/13 - 03:42 pm
Not sure I would call it a

Not sure I would call it a love spat. Ha

Humble Angela
Humble Angela 05/14/13 - 03:43 pm
Sorry..... No love here.....

Sorry..... No love here.....

seenitB4
seenitB4 05/14/13 - 03:46 pm
haha

I feel like we are swirling around an alternate universe

GiantsAllDay
GiantsAllDay 05/14/13 - 03:49 pm
Seen it, Riverman: stranger

Seen it, Riverman: stranger things have happened. Do you guys know her (or him) ? Is she a she or he? How old? What does she (or he) look like? Could we be soul mates? I just had a fantasy that we had a robust discussion before making love.

seenitB4
seenitB4 05/14/13 - 03:49 pm
But that is how it starts

First they pick at each other
Then they squabble some
Then they nit pick each other
Then they nibble a little bit
Then they start to like each other
Then they miss the attention
Then they fall MADLY IN LOVE!!!!

Just like I have with countyman...lol

GiantsAllDay
GiantsAllDay 05/14/13 - 03:51 pm
SeenitB4

Like I said truth is stranger than fiction.

seenitB4
seenitB4 05/14/13 - 03:52 pm
Well GAD

It has been told on here that ha is a hairy older man....chews tobacco & spits....likes his drinks too....sooo let us know how the love goes.....& that pic is his grand daughter loll....that is what some say.....soo don't take it as gospel...

GiantsAllDay
GiantsAllDay 05/14/13 - 03:58 pm
Seen it: HA is a hairy old

Seen it: HA is a hairy old man? Talk about a boner killer!!

seenitB4
seenitB4 05/14/13 - 03:58 pm
Joking folks

So don't get upset....now I have to get busy....I don't know for sure GAD.....for all I know HA is a KNOCK OUT & you could fall in love!

see yall

GiantsAllDay
GiantsAllDay 05/14/13 - 04:11 pm
SeenitB4: thanks for being my

SeenitB4: thanks for being my friend on this, the AC comment forum. I have tried to express my opinion on here, only to be shut down and erased by "offended" people. But when you have something to say on here my ears are wide open--always common sense and from a southern prospective. The greatest people who exhibit the most humaness and kindness are from the American South. I will never change anyone's mind but the truth today is that on Tuesday May 14th, 2013, the giants are in first place in the NL West! The greatest team in sports, with the greatest front office from the manager to the owners. Too bad the sorry leadership in Augusta is going to lose the Giants single A club because Augusta's leadership is too stupid to know any better. SeenitB4: if you and I ever meet up, I will take you to a game at AT&T park. AT&T Park is Sacred ground. It's real. More real than any made up place in the bible.

Riverman1
Riverman1 05/14/13 - 04:16 pm
Augusta just lost the hockey

Augusta just lost the hockey team.

dwb619
dwb619 05/14/13 - 04:22 pm
NA stadium

The meeting tonight is with the school board. Try to get them to sign off on the tax exemption for the property. I think the correct term is TIF.

Shortcomment
Shortcomment 05/14/13 - 07:05 pm
Notice something today.Those

Notice something today.

Those with conservative views debate the concept or idea presented that they disagree with.

Those with liberal viewpoints attack, or ridicule the person but not the validity of the response.

I guess if you don't like the message, just shoot the messenger.

seenitB4
seenitB4 05/14/13 - 07:39 pm
Thanks GAD

That would be nice.....dinner & ballgame :)O

one day ....anything is possible....now for some OMG news...

seenitB4
seenitB4 05/14/13 - 07:40 pm
hah

at least they can't get pregnant!

KSL
KSL 05/14/13 - 08:22 pm
shortcomment

Welcome to the world of liberals versus conservatives. Whether they realize it or not, the libs/progressives who are intelligent enough to debate, practice Alinsky's Rules for Radicals. They have absorbed the lib politicians and media's talking points.

GiantsAllDay
GiantsAllDay 05/15/13 - 12:04 am
SeenitB4

That gorgeous puppy dog is real and so are you. Enjoy you retirement!!! I know I am!!

Solar 'farm' for Fort Gordon?

ATLANTA -- Georgia military installations at Fort Stewart, Fort Gordon, Fort Benning and Kings Bay will one day be housing solar farms that can make them independent of the power grid in ...