Rants & Raves

Comments from readers:

UNTIL THE CITY government is willing to make Riverwalk Augusta as safe and profitable as Savannah’s, I suggest that everyone avoid the area. How many more people need to be assaulted?

THAT DRAGON BOAT Festival was a great event! I sure hope they have it next year. I liked being able to buy real Asian foods, too.

LIBRARIES WILL live on! As for empty shelves, I know how a lot of books get damaged over time to the point where their conditions means they need to be withdrawn. As for library need, it’s for nappers not to take space at the tables for students. The library guard should shoo them on their way after an hour or so.

EXACTLY HOW MANY valuable staff members will the library lose before the library board wakes up this time? Six down and how many more will go?

I HAVE LIVED IN National Hills since I got out of the Army (1968). When are these lazy people going to get off of their butts and clean up their front yard, instead of sitting watching TV and waiting on their welfare checks at the mailbox? Hey, National Hills Association: Why am I contributing yearly?

IT’S BAD ENOUGH paying a high-priced attorney to represent the Boston terrorist, but do we have to add another one so that she can fight against the death penalty? The terrorist is guilty, so let’s have a quick trial and give him what he deserves.

THE DEPARTMENT of Veterans Affairs is withholding bonuses for senior officials who oversee disability claims, citing a failure to meet performance goals for reducing a backlog in claims processing. Maybe some of them should have been fired, too. By the way, the senior executives were paid a total of $2.8 million in 2011.

PRESIDENT OBAMA complained that American guns were responsible for much of the mayhem in Mexico. This is funny since Obama’s own Justice Department sent more than 2,000 guns into Mexico during Fast and Furious, and those weapons were responsible for more than 300 killings.

I JUST READ THE article about the malice murder acquittal. Did anyone ever see the gun license that these two men should possess to have a gun? Based on law, without possessing a gun license, there should not be any gun violence.

dstewartsr
20389
dstewartsr 05/11/13 - 08:27 pm
"Veterans Affairs is withholding bonuses

... citing a failure to (reduce) a backlog in claims processing..."

BUT they have been under manpower ceilings, while the The Obamessiah ordered the hire of an extra 28,000 workers to find new drones to give welfare.

dstewartsr
20389
dstewartsr 05/11/13 - 08:29 pm
The Obamessiah

"... complained that American guns were responsible for much of the mayhem in Mexico. "

He must have been misquoted as private ownership of firearms in Mexico is almost totally prohibited.

dstewartsr
20389
dstewartsr 05/11/13 - 08:32 pm
Library dwellers...

"...The library guard should shoo them on their way after an hour or so."

Are you insane? And be sued for millions by elite lawyers who would never themselves be found in the malodorous company of such unless for the taxpayer blackmail?

deestafford
deestafford 05/12/13 - 08:26 am
The incompetence at the VA is directly attributable to

the ex-Army Chief of Staff Gen Selinki who is in charge. He had the ability to hire additional people to handle the increased numbers when he laxed the requirements for disability which resulted in a deluge of new claims and he didn't. Instead he invested in an IT system which doesn't work. He was a sorry excuse for a general and he is continuing that trend. By the way, he and obama were really tight with Sen Inoye and obama having the Hawaiian commonality.

seenitB4
seenitB4 05/12/13 - 08:37 am
Cruel & heartless

I just read that one of the kidnapped women in Ohio will need facial surgery....& has lost hearing in one ear.....she was brutally beaten by that jerk--idiot.
I hope this guy gets that kind of treatment while he is in prison....I kinda think he will.

harley_52
harley_52 05/12/13 - 08:40 am
"the ex-Army Chief of Staff Gen Selinki who is in charge......."

General Eric Shinseki. He was the CSA who was fired for more accurately predicting Iraq troop level requirements than others in power at the time wanted to hear.

Frankly, I agree that what the VA needs is to streamline and automate the processing of claims, not necessarily more people. Apparently the contractor who developed their system failed and the VA failed to properly manage the development of what was produced. Either way, veterans with claims are further suffering because of the VA's inefficiency.

seenitB4
seenitB4 05/12/13 - 08:42 am
Downtown Business Owners

Stop blaming the media...they didn't cause the beating--the robbing & etc...
If they do their job they will report the news.....this could be a turning point to make it the best it has ever been.......sooo maybe the ranter is right....stay away til the fix is in...if you don't like that message...welll fix the dang problems!

seenitB4
seenitB4 05/12/13 - 08:52 am
Makes me sick too

and now I hear they may be guilty in other murders.....geez

Riverman1
Riverman1 05/12/13 - 09:01 am
I've Been Reading the Chronicle Ads That Pop-up

"What happens when you take a testosterone supplement?"

I dunno.

seenitB4
seenitB4 05/12/13 - 09:08 am
If you take the supplements

I think it makes you post on here day/night.....

countyman comes to mind when I typed that! :)

seenitB4
seenitB4 05/12/13 - 09:39 am
Wow...I just got roses

My sweet GOB just gave me roses...he said I'm not his mother but I treat him like my child soooo....wait a minute....how should I take this...lol

Riverman1
Riverman1 05/12/13 - 09:44 am
Speaking of the Testosterone Ad

I haven't seen any reports in a while about downtown development. I wonder if the attempts by some to increase the gay and lesbian community are moving along?

nocnoc
nocnoc 05/12/13 - 09:57 am
When a Murder has occurred in

When a Murder has occurred in the USA a Trial is held.

PRESIDENT OBAMA own Justice Department with his approval, sent more than 2,000 guns into Mexico during Fast and Furious. Those weapons were responsible for more than 300 killings. USA Citizens vacationing in Mexico were also killed and well as persons in the USA as the guns crossed back into America.

They knowingly put gun into criminals hands hoping for adverse results, which they got.

So When is the trial?

OH! that's right, he claimed Executive Privilege allowing his appointed AG Eric Holder to duck the trial and questions about too what depth they were involved and knew people were being murdered.

Is this how Socialists & Liberal Democrats operate?

The Liberal Media even quickly buried the story. What a nice setup for Liberal politicians.

seenitB4
seenitB4 05/12/13 - 09:56 am
Well now..you make me ponder this am

If the couple on Riverwalk had been a gay couple would that make it a hate crime??

Riverman1
Riverman1 05/12/13 - 10:04 am
Well, we could say only gay

Well, we could say only gay people out in Augusta after midnight. They could stay out until 5am like some suggest. Gay people don't fight like ungay (I'm not about to say heterosexual) people do. I wonder if that's a prejudiced view?

harley_52
harley_52 05/12/13 - 10:20 am
Why Are You....

...."not about to say heterosexual?"

"ungay," you say. That's a new one.

Maybe you really should investigate the powers of testosterone.

seenitB4
seenitB4 05/12/13 - 10:22 am
How much money

How much does a radio personailty make in Augusta......is it MORE than the Sheriff of Richmond county?

I know it isn't on the same scale as Rush....with his millions ....amazing how running your mouth can pay more than a baseball player makes.

seenitB4
seenitB4 05/12/13 - 10:24 am
haha to this harley

Maybe you really should investigate the powers of testosterone.

There are a few men on here I would bet that they don't need supplements...& some are YOU--River--CGee--anotherday-Coldbeer...a few others ---I will think of names later..♥

harley_52
harley_52 05/12/13 - 10:26 am
"How much does a radio personailty make in Augusta......

....is it MORE than the Sheriff of Richmond county?"

Depends on the radio personality. If you mean Austin Rhodes, I don't know, but I wouldn't be surprised. He's a local celebrity, of sorts.

harley_52
harley_52 05/12/13 - 10:30 am
Thanks, SeenitB4...

...I can't speak for the other guys, but I could use all the help I could get.

dichotomy
dichotomy 05/12/13 - 10:59 am
VA and delays processing claims.

The real problem with fixing this problem is that nobody really cares. Veterans are a small percentage of the population and we mostly get lip service about fixing the claims problems....strictly for publicity purposes. We are not a solid voting block and even if we were there aren't enough of us to influence a national election. You can bet if there was this much delay, bureaucracy, denials, proof requirements, etc., for WELFARE claims the situation would be FIXED TOMORROW.

Riverman1
Riverman1 05/12/13 - 11:08 am
Whether I Need a Supplement

Let me put it this way, I doubt I could have completed the Mud Run yesterday. I could have gone out and wallowed in the mud is about it.

dstewartsr
20389
dstewartsr 05/12/13 - 11:23 am
The headline reads, "Senator: Obama should apologize

... for IRS targeting."

What nonsense! The ObaMessiah only apologizes for things He hasn't done on the behalf of people who had no part in doing them. Crimes He or His minions commit are shielded by executive privilege. Mmmmm, mmmm...

corgimom
corgimom 05/12/13 - 11:41 am
I laugh at the idea that

I laugh at the idea that private ownership of guns in Mexico is "almost totally prohibited".

For foreigners, yes. However, you can't hardly turn around in Mexico without tripping over a gun.

"The Mexican Constitution says:

Article 10 - The inhabitants of the United Mexican States have the right to possess arms in their residences for their security and legitimate defense with the exception of those prohibited by federal law, and those reserved for the exclusive use of the military. Federal law will determine the cases, conditions, requisites, and places in which the bearing of arms by inhabitants will be authorized. "

Darn near everybody in Mexico has a gun, many tourists have found this out the hard way...

corgimom
corgimom 05/12/13 - 11:50 am
Riverman, I'm guessing you've

Riverman, I'm guessing you've never been in a gay bar.

Drunken gays fight just as much as drunken heterosexuals do, there's no difference, why would you think there would be?

What is different is that gay bars handle their own problems, they don't like police officers coming around, people have long memories.

Sweet son
Sweet son 05/12/13 - 01:15 pm
Sorry to hear that Riverman suffers from LT! LOL!

You know, LT, low testosterone.

Hypogonadism is a disease in which the body is unable to produce normal amounts of testosterone due to a problem with the testicles or with the pituitary gland that controls the testicles. Testosterone replacement therapy can improve the signs and symptoms of low testosterone in these men. Doctors may prescribe testosterone as injections, pellets, patches or gels.

Testosterone helps maintain men's:

Dang sweetson

It does all this..

Bone density
Fat distribution
Muscle strength and mass
Red blood cell production

I might need to take the dang stuff.....I want to distrubute some fat some where else....& make my get & go get up again.:)

seenitB4
seenitB4 05/12/13 - 01:42 pm
BUT

I don't want to grow any beard though....:(

Riverman1
Riverman1 05/12/13 - 01:43 pm
Corgimom, you may be right

Corgimom, you may be right about fights in gay bars. I can see discussions of the interior decor becoming heated if one prefers pastels with chairs at a square table and another desires bolder colors with little round tables and checkered table cloths. Thanks for calling it to my attention.

Riverman1
Riverman1 05/12/13 - 01:45 pm
SeenIt, Growing a Beard

Growing a beard wouldn't be the only thing you would worry about growing.