Rants & Raves

Comments from readers:

GOD IS PUNISHING this country. We need to repent.

I WAS ENCOURAGED THAT the South Augusta Pastors Alliance was supporting the Day of Prayer. They have been silent on Obama’s abortion issues. They also have been silent on increased crime in south Augusta.

DOES ROUNDTREE have a valid driver’s license? He needs to put that chauffeur to work on Bobby Jones and he needs to drive himself. Having a chauffeur is just showing off.

WHEN ARE THE police going to police Dogwood Terrace and the southside?

SOMEONE NEEDS TO look into the North Augusta Chamber of Commerce. What a shame for such a fine organization, and no one is doing anything about it.

THANK YOU TO THE PERSON who found the money order for me in the Walmart on Deans Bridge Road. There are honorable people in the world. I sure appreciate it. God bless you.

NEW CARS SHOWN on TV are going down the road but the tires and wheels are always running backwards. How is this possible? Does anybody know?

WE HAVE CONDOMS, birth control pills, IUD’s, morning-after pills, etc. etc. What justifiable reason can anyone have for supporting late-term abortions? Why are some liberal women’s groups fighting for the right for abortions as far out as 8 months?

RECEIVED AN invitation to attend the graduation of a nursing student friend from GRU. The invitation has GRU -- Georgia Regents University. WHERE IS THE AUGUSTA? The A has NOT been saved!

LET’S MAKE SURE TO ban the mother of the surviving terrorist. And investigate the other relatives, even the uncle who spoke out against the Boston Marathon massacre. Let’s not let any of the family members get citizenship to start another killing spree.

BRAVO TO THE TAX OFFICE for more aggressively collecting the huge taxes owed!

LAST WEEK IT WAS the lady in the van letting her child run alongside. This week I saw a man and woman on bicycles on Wheeler Road, and the woman was balancing her child on her seat in front of her. At least they had helmets on while they rode in busy traffic!

nocnoc
nocnoc 05/11/13 - 09:41 am
I am guessing the

Down vote I got for the video comment came from the Mugger☺

CobaltGeorge
CobaltGeorge 05/11/13 - 10:20 am
I Guess

(if there is any) answered my question.

dichotomy
32012
dichotomy 05/11/13 - 10:30 am
Anyone who isn't terrified to

Anyone who isn't terrified to learn that the IRS was targeting conservative groups should be. These were simply political groups asking for the same tax exempt status as hundreds of liberal political groups. But the IRS targeted them on someone's orders. Imagine what they will do to you if you oppose Obamacare.

Everyone involved in this should be fired, prosecuted, and jailed and all leads to anyone who ordered or "suggested" they do this should be doggedly followed.

Our government agencies are being used against us for political purposes. We should be terrified of our oppressive government and ready to take action. The IRS is apparently just another faction of the Democrat party that is being used as a weapon. This is what our founders worried about. This is why they gave us the 2nd Amendment. We should be prepared to use it.

seenitB4
seenitB4 05/11/13 - 10:46 am
RMSHEFF posted this about the downtown tble

Sadly, This is a typical

Sadly, This is a typical scenario in which the criminal had a long history of criminal activity and brushes with the law. Its only a matter of time before someone get hurt or killed. Law enforcement know who the people are but cannot be proactive. They must wait until they do something like this before they can take them down.

These two have not only forever changed the lives of the two they attacked but done great damage to the progress of rebuilding the downtown area. Not to mention the tremendous cost of the trial and incarceration for many years. We need to bring back real punishment like prison time with "hard labor" and not provide a warehouse with cable TV, basketball courts and other forms of recreation.

***********************

A great post & packed with truth........

Augusta Leaders......you are fooling yourselves if you think the nonesense crimes aren't hurting your town.....& if you live in Columbia county ....it is just a matter of time before this will inch your way.....some are rethinking of moving even to Columbia county ......& some are thinking of moving out of the csra....

harley_52
harley_52 05/11/13 - 11:24 am
Countyman...

You are fighting a losing battle, my friend. Unfortunately, you're wasting your time trying to convince some whose minds are long since made up.

ARC is a good place to live. Compared to most other cities it is a relative paradise. There are some problems with crime, but not nearly as many as similar urban areas and I believe we have a good Sheriff elected and doing a fine job. Augusta's biggest problem now is with a corrupt, ineffective city government, but Augusta is not alone in that regard either.

harley_52
harley_52 05/11/13 - 11:28 am
"We should be terrified of our oppressive government....

....and ready to take action. "

I wholeheartedly agree.

Why do you think the IRS popped up and fessed up to this abuse yesterday, all of a sudden?

Guilty conscience? Or, perhaps an attempt to divert attention away from Benghazi?

seenitB4
seenitB4 05/11/13 - 11:37 am
I will always admit this

Alanta is loaded with crime...I have never denied that harley...makes
me sick too......

I think what some are missing is the punishment has changed from days gone by.....now there is a revolving door & few pay for their crimes......easy come & easy go...& we are paying a high price for that..

harley_52
harley_52 05/11/13 - 11:39 am
How Many Of You...

...believe the US Armed Forces will kill American citizens for failing to comply with Obamacare? Unconstitutional gun grabs?

How many believe the Department of Homeland Security is building, equipping, and arming a para-military force for just these purposes?

You don't have to answer, but you really should be asking yourselves those questions AND examining the evidence.

harley_52
harley_52 05/11/13 - 11:41 am
Regarding The Punishment, SeenitB4....

Why do you think the "punishment has changed from days gone by" and we now have a "revolving door?"

Can you summarize in one word?

seenitB4
seenitB4 05/11/13 - 11:41 am
harley I agree to some

When you say this..

seenitB4
seenitB4 05/11/13 - 11:43 am
Can you summarize in one word?

No, I can't ...can you?

harley_52
harley_52 05/11/13 - 11:48 am
"No, I can't ...can you?"

Liberalism.

seenitB4
seenitB4 05/11/13 - 11:51 am
You will get a thumbs up

A thumbs up for that ...

Now...my good man...what can we do to change it??

Because from where I'm sitting I see the same folks voting the same way for YEARS to come.....even when they see the damage it is doing to us.....sad.......gotta get busy here.....cooking veggies for my man..:)

harley_52
harley_52 05/11/13 - 11:52 am
"I bet your part of town that is 100% correct.....

....I bet your part of town that is 100% correct.....but try telling the folks on Lumpkin Rd--Meadowbrok Dr--Wheeless Rd--or just about any place south of Gordon Hy.....& some are older & can't just pick up & move."

I don't live in the best, most crime free part of town. Nor do I live in the worst. There is crime in my part of town and I have been the victim a time or two. Few places are immune and some are worse than others. But that's true of all cities. I agree the areas you mentioned have more problems than my part of town does, but there are things the citizens of those areas can (and should) do to minimize the crime.

harley_52
harley_52 05/11/13 - 12:01 pm
"what can we do to change it??"

For most of us, there are two things we can do. One is Vote. The other is talk.

Vote for Conservative candidates. Vote for them even if you "like" the liberal candidate better. Vote for the Conservative even if both candidates try to sound Conservative. Choose the MOST conservative and look at their actions with far greater care than listening to their words. Never stay home during an election. VOTE.

Talk to your family, friends, and neighbors. Tell them why Conservatism is our last hope. Tell them what liberalism has done to this nation and all other nations in history where infection by liberalism destroyed them. Talk on forums like these. Spread the word. Don't let liberal lies and paid liberal posters scare you away.

The lives of your children and grandchildren depend on it.

KSL
KSL 05/11/13 - 12:51 pm
For the first time in my

For the first time in my life, I am at home alone with no gun in my house. My youngest son came in from out of town, and he and my husband went to do some target practice. I usually go, but I have to work this afternoon. Weird feeling.

KSL
KSL 05/11/13 - 12:54 pm
Yesterday myfather said he

Yesterday myfather said he would not have voted had he resided in SC District 1. My father always said, if you don't vote, don't complain. You have no right to.

ColdBeerBoiledPeanuts
ColdBeerBoiledPeanuts 05/11/13 - 01:00 pm
The best crime deterrent I've found is

to let it be known that uninvited people attempting to access entry to my home or remove my property will be shot. Uninvited entry upon my property is your implied consent to be used as a human target up to and including your demise. Prosecution is only an option after I've exhausted an extensive supply of ammunition. As for Downtown Augusta, the only reason I infrequently visit there is for business. Yes it was blanketed last night, but what about next week and what about 6 weeks from now????

Riverman1
Riverman1 05/11/13 - 01:09 pm
Martinez

Realize Martinez is comprised of parts of Richmond County and Columbia County. There have been Chronicle articles explaining what comprises Martinez. It is zip code 30907 and comes under the Martinez post office. It begins at I-20.

countyman
19718
countyman 05/11/13 - 02:10 pm
Jobs

Nonoc. The majority of jobs in Richmond County go towards Richmond County residents. Why do you think the new jobs are taken by Columbia residents? 30,000 people from Columbia County do commute to Richmond County for work(but that's expected for a suburban county with less jobs than Aiken county), but there's a lot more than 30,000 jobs in Richmond County. Starbucks is partnering with Augusta Tech in the future to hire & train employees.

''The "right talent" coming from Augusta Tech. And the "right training program" offered up by Quickstart, a workforce training company in Georgia. Thursday the leaders of the partnering groups signed a training agreement ensuring Augusta Tech will educate qualified candidates, Quickstart will adequately train them, and Starbucks will keep Augusta's best and brightest in the Garden City.''

The Wrightsboro rd widening is decades over due, and look at the nearby construction in Richmond County. Multiple new commercial buildings, Avalon community, new apartment complex opening at the corner of Flowing Wells, expanded Sue Reynolds elementary on Wrightsboro rd. Then you have several new homes/neighborhoods off Belair rd, Jimmie Dyess, and Gordon Hwy between Jimmie Dyess/Grovetown. The Wrightsboro rd widening under the I-520 bridge is mostly for the people who are making a left onto I-520 from Wrightsboro rd heading towards South Augusta.. The city of Augusta is suppose to widen Belair rd from Wrightsboro rd to a little past Jimmie Dyess(Belair Estatess).

Riverman1
Riverman1 05/11/13 - 02:08 pm
Don't you understand that you

Don't you understand that you can draw hundreds of areas in the CSRA that have not had a shooting? It simply means picking certain areas and naming them whatever you want to.

As far as the hotels on Stevens Creek Rd using the Augusta address, sure they can do that. I can use Augusta for my address if I want and I'm way inside Columbia County, but still in the same 30907 zip code with the Martinez post office as the hotels are. Seriously, it is well known that Martinez is a two county area starting at I-20.

countyman
19718
countyman 05/11/13 - 02:14 pm
New construction in South Augusta

There's plenty of new residential construction south of Gordon Hwy. Two upscale apartment complexes, new homes in Diamond Lakes/Walton Farms/Walton Acres/Lakes at Spirit Creek, Persevere at Longpoint, Sadie Landing, Fairways at Goshen, Spring Creek Village, etc.

Hephzibah(city limits) and Blythe have some of the lowest violent crime rates in the CSRA, and their located south of Gordon Hwy. Willis Foreman, Old Waynesboro, Brown rd, Goshen, Diamond Lakes, etc have low crime rates too.

Even places like Gwinnett and Cobb county of Atlanta have both sketchy areas and nice areas. I can say the samething about Bradleyville rd in North Augusta, Hahn Village in Aiken, trailer parks near Wrightsboro/rail road tracks in Grovetown city limits, Ridge Crossing in Martinez, etc.

While some places in Richmond County on Bobby Jones/Pleasant Home rd/Washington rd can use the Martinez address. The hotels off Claussen/Stevens Creek have an Augusta address.

I don't understand the comments about crime inching into Columbia County, because it's already here. The crime whether related to the school system or public streets may not get report, but it does happen.

countyman
19718
countyman 05/11/13 - 02:21 pm
Address

I'm still waiting to hear the names of the areas in the CSRA with one homicide since 2011. I definitely know you can't think of hundreds of areas without one shooting.

Who is naming certain areas whatever they want to though? Some people continue to make it see like the CBD is just this made up area. Anybody can Google the CBD, and see the boundaries for themselves.

The difference is your home is located in Columbia County, and the hotels on Stevens Creek are located in Richmond County. None of the hotels on Stevens Creek advertise with the Martinez address.

myfather15
myfather15 05/11/13 - 02:19 pm
IRS

Not only has the IRS been targeting Conservatives; the government has removed "mother&father" from Federal student aids forms. So now it shall be Parent#1, Parent#2, Parent#3, Parent#4, Parent#5, Parent#6 and so forth.

Thank you Mr. President; this was such an urgent need it had to be addressed, right? Wouldn't want to discriminate against those children with 4, 5 or 6 parents. You know; like a lesbian who has intercourse with her "partner's" brother to get pregnant and her "partner" has intercourse with her brother to get pregnant.

Oh, there is a common theme here; they can't procreate naturally with each other. That MIGHT be a CLUE that their relationship ISN'T natural at all. But hey, lets just change the entire Country to revolve around them; what do ya say?

Hey, why don't we pass legistlation the makes it unlawful for children to call their "guardians" mommy and daddy; because THAT would be discriminatory. They should simply call their "mommy" female guardian and "daddy" male guardian. Oh wait; that wouldn't work cause thats gender based. How about guardian#1 and guardian #2. Yep, that works better. Make it happen Mr. President.

Riverman1
Riverman1 05/11/13 - 02:24 pm
Martinez, which is comprised

Martinez, which is comprised of Richmond and Columbia Counties is a very safe area with restaurants, hotels and stores of all kinds. There is evidence it is spreading towards Augusta and that's a good thing. The two highschools serving Martinez are Westside and Lakeside. We have many overlapping activities with both counties. I use Brookfield Park in Richmond County to walk in. I'm sure many Richmond County folks use Savannah Rapids Park and so on.

Riverman1
Riverman1 05/11/13 - 02:37 pm
By the way, you can also

By the way, you can also Google Martinez and see where it is. But to your point about using unofficial boundaries, I could say Westlake has little crime. Both Target Shopping Centers in Richmond and Columbia Counties have had no murders etc. I can pick numerous areas in Richmond and Columbia Counties with little crime and more residents than the CBD.

seenitB4
seenitB4 05/11/13 - 03:16 pm
A touching story..we all can't be rich

To some on here thinking that crime is here because of lack of money...please read this article.....well worth a few mins..

nocnoc
nocnoc 05/11/13 - 03:43 pm
For those of you betting that your GA National Guard

would not fire on their own Georgians.

YOU ARE LIKELY RIGHT.

FEMA & DHS thought so also.
So the New FEMA / DHS plan for National Protests against unconstitutional laws or "administrative policies" calls for local National Guard units to be transported to other areas of the state or neighboring states other than their own area to quiet such problems.

dstewartsr
20389
dstewartsr 05/11/13 - 03:53 pm
Using National Guard troops

... to enforce unconstitutional orders? Piece of cake as nonnoc quoted, "...local National Guard units to be transported to other areas of the state or neighboring states other than their own area to quiet such problems."

Does that work? It kept the Soviet Union together for almost a century -- and where do you think the "Dear Leader" of our government came up with the concept?