Rants & Raves

I LIVE IN SOUTH Augusta and love it. Someone asked what we do after supper. I said we sit on the front porch and watch cops.

PRESIDENT OBAMA says he wants “commonsense solutions.” Then he spends money that doesn’t even exist.

THE FBI FINDS a woman’s DNA on a pressure cooker and that’s suspicious?

TELL GOV. NATHAN Deal that an ex-con doesn’t need taxpayer help to “transition” out of prison. If Deal would end various state welfare programs, those ex-cons would get hungry and transition themselves to various agricultural (and other) labor jobs. Deal says ex-cons will be “forced back to prison” if Big Brother doesn’t pay up. Is that some kind of blackmail?

DON’T VOTE FOR Gov. Deal in the next election. This entire GRU mess is his fault. The Rolling Thunder Gestapo checkpoints are his fault. We knew he was damaged goods before the election and voted him in because he was a Republican. Let’s make him a one-term governor and save MCG in Augusta.

MEMO TO NATHAN DEAL: If you have any hopes of obtaining votes from the Augusta area, you should terminate Dr. Azziz because I will not be voting for you.

THE BOARD OF REGENTS’ handpicked overlord, Dr. Ricardo Azziz, will probably receive only a slap on the wrist, if that, for his continued misuse of state employees, equipment and the procurement process.

OBAMA SAID FIVE YEARS ago he’d close the prison at Guantanamo – still a bad idea. Meanwhile, he’s still not closed it. That’s not leadership. That’s lying-ship.

RANT FOR OUR commissioners. You are always saying you are short of money for the animal shelter. If you would force people to buy a dog and cat license at $20 a pop and fine people who have a dog or cat without a license $50, you would never have to donate any money to that shelter again.

THE FOOD AND Drug Administration is allowing the morning-after pill to be purchased by 15-year-old girls, but the same FDA wants to regulate energy drinks to people under 21 years old. We are one messed-up country.

blytheresident
blytheresident 05/10/13 - 09:55 am
seenitB4

Thanks....I was born and raised here in Blythe. Moved away but found my way back after I had kids. Why? Because its is a better place to raise kids. We still know our neighbors out here. We do sit on our porch drinking sweet tea with our neighbors. We still look out for each other and we try our best to take care of each other in the time of need.

harley_52
harley_52 05/10/13 - 10:34 am
blytheresident...

I admire your choice and your reasons therefore.

Sweet son
Sweet son 05/10/13 - 11:06 am
SeenitB4's statement about Sean is an understatement!

Sean has tremendous responsibility in his primary assignment. Then he has to referee our comments so I say a big "hats off and cheers" to Sean!

Thanks Buddy for all you do!

Sweet son

Sean Moores
Sean Moores 05/10/13 - 11:23 am
@ seenit 9:35 and Sweet son

Thank you very much.

Sean Moores
Sean Moores 05/10/13 - 12:04 pm
Wish me luck everybody

Tomorrow I'm participating in the Marine Mud Challenge at Ft. Gordon with my wife Chronicle restaurant reviewer Danielle Wong Moores and Chronicle Key Advertiser Account Sales Manager Brett Miller.

Sweet son
Sweet son 05/10/13 - 12:10 pm
@Sean

Make sure pics are made and posted on the Spotted section of the AC. We especially want pictures of you, Danielle and Brett!

harley_52
harley_52 05/10/13 - 12:49 pm
"The IRS would like to apologize for that," she added."

"That was wrong. That was absolutely incorrect, it was insensitive and it was inappropriate. That's not how we go about selecting cases for further review," Lerner said at a conference sponsored by the American Bar Association."

What do you know? The IRS finally fesses up to illegally targeting Conservative groups during the 2012 elections.

InChristLove
InChristLove 05/10/13 - 01:16 pm
Sean, Good Luck and just

Sean, Good Luck and just remember Have Fun!

KSL
KSL 05/10/13 - 01:52 pm
Harley, it is really starting

Harley, it is really starting to come out how corrupt this administration really is.

InChristLove
InChristLove 05/10/13 - 02:23 pm
IAD1, maybe you are right

IAD1, maybe you are right "area with a lot of criminal activity."

Just seems to me a contradiction from the statement made "I live in South Augusta and love it".

Seems to me if there is that much criminal activity that you can sit on your porch and be entertained.....I really don't think I would love it that much.

BUT, I don't know what the commenter really meant, so it's all guessing anyway. Just glad they are happy.

Sean Moores
Sean Moores 05/10/13 - 02:35 pm

Humble Angela
Humble Angela 05/10/13 - 03:53 pm
Jay Leno stated the President's stance on GITMO best.

"He should do what he always does: declare it a small business and tax it out of existence.It will be gone in a minute."