Rants & Raves

Comments from readers.

DR. AZZIZ HAS BEEN demonized in the press but he truly is a man of vision and has helped to position our area for growth of a great university. We need to thank him and the governor and Board of Regents for all their support.

RICHMOND COUNTY bus drivers need to learn how to drive. I know you saw me yesterday before you almost hit me.

RANT TO COMCAST. You advertise, we pay huge amounts of money for your services that we don’t get, and when we complain, you want to pass the problem off to the networks. I don’t pay the networks; I pay you.

GRU PRESIDENT AZZIZ’S departure is likely if he wants a decent position elsewhere. What about the Board of Regents who has hired a series of similar buffoons, each preventing MCG from becoming a national leader? Can’t they just give us a wise old MCG graduate who will engage the community with common sense, virtue and vision?

IF THE BENGHAZI situation is such a cover-up, why does this paper beat it to death? Four people died; I understand that is bad, but what about the 4,000 brave soldiers who died in Iraq? Tragic, unforgivable. By the way, Iraq is about the same now as it was before Bush got us in this mess.

WHEN DO WE get an update on the lawsuits against Wayne Frazier?

ONE REASON Richmond County has to furlough teachers is that they are paying for some teachers to get higher degrees in certain fields but they do not specify that after the degree has been awarded they owe Richmond County a certain number of years. No, these teachers get the degree and whiz off to parts unknown where the pay is higher.

TODAY I TALKED to three different Comcast techs: Laquinta and Lenny on the phone. They both went above and beyond to reassure me they now know the problem and they are working on a solution. I then had to drive over to the Comcast office and return some equipment. This is where I met Shawn. He was very helpful. Thank you all, you are appreciated.

THE ADMINISTRATION is now going to allow 15 year-old children to purchase the “morning after” pill at their local pharmacy at $50 a pop without any restrictions. We really need to do a better job of encouraging children from having sex rather than this.

Riverman1
Riverman1 05/08/13 - 10:36 am
I think there's a fund for

I think there's a fund for Wesley Spires set-up at a local bank already. I wish I had more info.

happychimer
happychimer 05/08/13 - 11:14 am
Hillary asked for more

Hillary asked for more security but congress wanted cutbacks.

Sean Moores
Sean Moores 05/08/13 - 11:19 am
Victim fund

If anyone knows of a fund for these victims, send me the info and I will verify and post the information here.

Sean Moores
Sean Moores 05/08/13 - 11:23 am
Victim Fund 2

Bianca just told me that Bill Fennoy mentioned setting up a fund or having some sort of fundraiser at the forum this morning. I will let you know if I find out any more.

InChristLove
InChristLove 05/08/13 - 11:34 am
GenDis....I believe

GenDis....I believe (according to the list of embassy attacks on wikipedia.org) there is only 9 attacks on US Embassies resulting in 44 dealths during a time the US was at WAR. From the years of Jan. 2001 to Jan. 2009 during Bush leadership. What can be said is that NO AMERICANS WERE KILLED IN ANY OF THESE ATTACKS.

2002 Karachi, Pakistan (12 killed-all Pakistanis)
2004 Tashkent, Uzbekistan (2 killed-2 Uzbek security guards )
2004 Jeddah, Saudi Arabia (none killed)
2006 Damascus, Syria (4 killed-3 gunmen and a Syrian guard)
2007 Athens, Greece (none killed)
2007 Vienna, Austria (none killed)
2008 Belgrade, Serbia (1 killed-Serbs youth who was targeting the US)
2008 Istanbul, Tukley (6 killed-3 gunmen, 3 police)
2008 Sana's, Yemen (19 killed-6 attackers, 6 police, 7 civilians)

During Obama's leadership from January 2009 until present, there has been 7 listed bombings (Damascus, Syria; Kabul, Afganistan; Sarajevo, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Benghazi, Libya; and Ankara, Turkey.) and supposably no War even though we still have troops overseas. But the difference is WE HAVE 4 AMERICAN'S DEAD under Obama's leadership where we had none under BUSH.

justthefacts
justthefacts 05/08/13 - 11:38 am
Gen D.

But, when Obama was elected, the world was going to love and respect us! These attacks would stop. He said so.
HC, money or lack there of had nothing to with the obvious lies and coverup attempt by Hillary.

Sean Moores
Sean Moores 05/08/13 - 11:39 am
Victim Fund 3

Thanks for the info Riverman. I called and was told that there is a fund set up for Wesley Spires. Donations can be made at any Georgia Bank & Trust or Southern Bank & Trust. Ashley Solesbee is not named on this fund. If anyone hears about something for her, let me know.

Darby
Darby 05/08/13 - 11:42 am
"DR. AZZIZ HAS BEEN demonized in the

press but he truly is a man of vision and has helped to position our area for growth of a great university."

This guy should write for Jay Leno or Letterman. He's funny!

nocnoc
nocnoc 05/08/13 - 01:35 pm
Next stop Ga Bank & Trust.

All politics aside,
please also consider donating.

john
john 05/08/13 - 01:44 pm
General...

I think the point here isnt that an attack happened. But nothing was done about it except lie to the country about what it was, then claim politics. Its disgusting. The phone rang at 3 and we see what Madam Secretary did. Nothing. I think the last job Id want right now is to be an Ambassador in a volitle country. You are on your own Jack.

daphne3520
daphne3520 05/08/13 - 02:01 pm
Last Rant...It is DISCOURAGING," NOT

"encouraging." EGADS!!!!!!

seenitB4
seenitB4 05/08/13 - 02:14 pm
Too bad your leaders cover up...

Atlanta Mayor Reed said Yes, he knew we had a problem & yes he would put resources behind his mouth....& do something about it...

Augusta is saying how safe downtown really is...in other words don't run the tourists away....maybe it won't happen ever again.....look the other way guys is what your names should be....

Put the name & address of the fund to pay the person who rats these jerks to the news/police....THAT is what will solve this....

Get over the notion that all can be rehabilitated because the truth is some can't.....also get over the notion that the easter bunny says all is well in downtown...

Humble Angela
Humble Angela 05/08/13 - 02:30 pm
"Reminder: Under Bush there

"Reminder: Under Bush there were 10 attacks on US Embassies resulting in 60 deaths."

How many of those were denied the help that they begged for, and how many of those were the American People lied to about?

Little Lamb
Little Lamb 05/08/13 - 02:38 pm
Headline News

Okay commenters, it is May 8 in the CSRA. The Chronicle just posted a breaking news story. Here is their headline:

More mild temperatures, rain possible

Isn't that normal for this time of year? Talk about a dog bites man story!

Humble Angela
Humble Angela 05/08/13 - 03:04 pm
LL It's big news if you

LL

It's big news if you believe what Al Gore has been cooking. According to him we should all be either freezing or roasting by now.

RoadkiII
RoadkiII 05/08/13 - 03:07 pm
Dangit Angela

There you go again, confusing people with facts.

Humble Angela
Humble Angela 05/08/13 - 03:17 pm
Also, the story states "So

Also, the story states "So far in May, average temperatures were three to 10 degrees below normal."

So apparently it ISN'T normal.

itsanotherday1
42042
itsanotherday1 05/08/13 - 03:35 pm
Then you have these stories:

"For Desmond Augustin and other fishermen living along the shorelines of the southern Caribbean island, there's nothing theoretical about the threat of rising sea levels."

Humble Angela
Humble Angela 05/08/13 - 03:46 pm
Funny how the sea level can

Funny how the sea level can rise on one island but not for ALL islands. That seems to defy the physics of fluid flow. Could it be shore erosion instead? This is the kind of faux-science that suckers in the alarmists.

Sean Moores
Sean Moores 05/08/13 - 03:50 pm
@ Little Lamb 2:38

Quoting from the story: "The average temperature was 62.2 degrees, or 5.1 degrees below normal."
The point was that it is much cooler than normal for this time of year and if you can believe their forecast, it will continue to be - bad news for me since I'm running the Mud Challenge at Ft. Gordon Saturday.

nocnoc
nocnoc 05/08/13 - 03:55 pm
Read the FBI Database figures and weep Anti-gunners

Gun Ownership is UP & Crime is DOWN not just since 1, 5 or 10 years ago but since President Clinton tried his version of Gun Banning back in 1992. A move that also sparked a massive private Gun buying frenzy.

Note 2006 figures show a 00.02 jump then a return to declining numbers again?

What happen in 2006 ......anybody?

Darby
Darby 05/08/13 - 04:03 pm
"Hillary asked for more security but

congress wanted cutbacks."

And then you woke up and realized it was all just a dream....

But in the immortal words of HR Clinton, "At this point, what difference does it make?"

harley_52
harley_52 05/08/13 - 04:01 pm
Cobalt Park....

CG...I may take you up on it and bring my granddaughters (4 and 6) out there one day.

Little Lamb
Little Lamb 05/08/13 - 04:06 pm
2006

You reckon we might have had an influx of Russian mobsters in 2006 claiming refugee status?

seenitB4
seenitB4 05/08/13 - 04:09 pm
Mud challenge

SM please try to keep the mud out of your clothes/pants....we don't need a grouchy SM on monday morning..:)

Glad it is you & not me...I'm grouchy enough without the mud..:)

("It is I" would have been correct in Shakespeare's time, in spoken English, but not now.)

seenitB4
seenitB4 05/08/13 - 04:18 pm
$10,000 reward offer

That is on the plate by some unknown donor....that will do it!!!

Thank you.....you are an angel to do this...:)

Sean Moores
Sean Moores 05/08/13 - 04:48 pm
@ seenit 4:09

I don't think keeping mud out of my pants is an option. http://www.marinemud.com/About_us.html
They tell you to wear drawstring pants so you don't lose them in a one of the mud obstacles. I'll be content to finish fully clothed.

seenitB4
seenitB4 05/08/13 - 05:18 pm
OMG SM

^^ I see what you mean...in that case take some pics..:)

itsanotherday1
42042
itsanotherday1 05/08/13 - 05:46 pm
I agree

"This is the kind of faux-science that suckers in the alarmists."

It has as much validity as pointing out it snowed in June somewhere or that some place had a record cold winter. (or record cool May in Augusta)

InChristLove
InChristLove 05/08/13 - 06:52 pm
Hmmmm........mud caked na-kid

Hmmmm........mud caked na-kid Sean.....That could be interesting!!! LOL!

Best of Luck Sean!!!

Officers tell of trauma from taking life

Although every experience is different, officers who take a life often experience severe bouts of depression, alcoholism, marital problems, sleepless nights and feelings of being alone in the ...