Rants & Raves

Comments from readers.

DR. AZZIZ HAS BEEN demonized in the press but he truly is a man of vision and has helped to position our area for growth of a great university. We need to thank him and the governor and Board of Regents for all their support.

RICHMOND COUNTY bus drivers need to learn how to drive. I know you saw me yesterday before you almost hit me.

RANT TO COMCAST. You advertise, we pay huge amounts of money for your services that we don’t get, and when we complain, you want to pass the problem off to the networks. I don’t pay the networks; I pay you.

GRU PRESIDENT AZZIZ’S departure is likely if he wants a decent position elsewhere. What about the Board of Regents who has hired a series of similar buffoons, each preventing MCG from becoming a national leader? Can’t they just give us a wise old MCG graduate who will engage the community with common sense, virtue and vision?

IF THE BENGHAZI situation is such a cover-up, why does this paper beat it to death? Four people died; I understand that is bad, but what about the 4,000 brave soldiers who died in Iraq? Tragic, unforgivable. By the way, Iraq is about the same now as it was before Bush got us in this mess.

WHEN DO WE get an update on the lawsuits against Wayne Frazier?

ONE REASON Richmond County has to furlough teachers is that they are paying for some teachers to get higher degrees in certain fields but they do not specify that after the degree has been awarded they owe Richmond County a certain number of years. No, these teachers get the degree and whiz off to parts unknown where the pay is higher.

TODAY I TALKED to three different Comcast techs: Laquinta and Lenny on the phone. They both went above and beyond to reassure me they now know the problem and they are working on a solution. I then had to drive over to the Comcast office and return some equipment. This is where I met Shawn. He was very helpful. Thank you all, you are appreciated.

THE ADMINISTRATION is now going to allow 15 year-old children to purchase the “morning after” pill at their local pharmacy at $50 a pop without any restrictions. We really need to do a better job of encouraging children from having sex rather than this.

carcraft
carcraft 05/07/13 - 07:43 pm
Harms way

When soldiers go to war they are put in harms way. It is understood that the enemy will try to kill you! People in the military put it on the line for the people of America. Members of the Diplomatic Corp represent America in other nations! Officers in the Diplomatic Corp are not supposed to be put in harms way. The fact that they were is criminal!

dstewartsr
20389
dstewartsr 05/07/13 - 08:40 pm
"Dr. Azziz... truly is a man of vision..."

... We need to thank him and the governor and Board of Regents for all their support."

Thanks for your input, Mrs. Azziz.

dstewartsr
20389
dstewartsr 05/07/13 - 08:45 pm
Iraq is about the same now

... as it was before Bush got us in this mess."

Funny thing about that; your party supported the invasion --on record voting for it -- BEFORE we went in (unlike his predecessor) until we began to kick butt; then you wanted to immediately surrender and it became Bush's mess.

itsanotherday1
itsanotherday1 05/07/13 - 09:05 pm

You saved me the typing.. Bush went to war with the approval of Democrats. The koolaiders on the left never cease to amaze me in their ignorance.

itsanotherday1
itsanotherday1 05/07/13 - 09:09 pm
Credit where due

Azziz has done good things for Augusta in the big picture; people without vested interests recognize this. However, his methods and implementation SUCK! He has damaged his stock beyond repair with the home folks and it is time to change horses. I just hope the area doesn't lose what has been gained in state support in the process.

itsanotherday1
itsanotherday1 05/07/13 - 09:16 pm
Last rant

It is up to YOU to teach your children better, not the administration.

I'm a pragmatist; I would rather have contraception available to those who were not raised better, than have them in my pocket for 18 years supporting a child.

itsanotherday1
itsanotherday1 05/07/13 - 09:17 pm
Last rant

It is up to YOU to teach your children better, not the administration.

I'm a pragmatist; I would rather have contraception available to those who were not raised better, than have them in my pocket for 18 years supporting a child, or worse; paying for them to have an abortion.

CobaltGeorge
CobaltGeorge 05/07/13 - 10:11 pm
Tomorrow Is The Day

If there was ever a time to POO-can this SMNCICBHO, the Hammer & Sickle Man, tomorrow is the day! I'm waiting to see how our True Americans elected representives handle this murder and his associates. If they let it slide like they did the Clinton/Monica attack (leaving one dead, not human), then we might just as well burn the USA Constitution because it doesn't mean beans any more.

I wonder what lie he will use .....He can't use "I Didn't Have Sex With That Women"

ColdBeerBoiledPeanuts
ColdBeerBoiledPeanuts 05/08/13 - 05:42 am
Degrees

Most industries will pay more for advanced degrees, but only if the degrees are in areas that are beneficial to the industry. The schools need to adopt this policy. How does a horticulture Masters degree benefit an english teacher?

CobaltGeorge
CobaltGeorge 05/08/13 - 06:22 am
CBBP

At least he/she will be able to help the students identify what tree it is when they bring in there collection of leaves.

nocnoc
nocnoc 05/08/13 - 06:36 am
"DR. AZZIZ HAS BEEN demonized

"DR. AZZIZ HAS BEEN demonized in the press but he truly is a man of vision..." The Devil is also a Visionary, planning, ultimate schemer, that produces some good "looking" things that only are bait for his agenda.

So I must to consider the possibility based on his quick career growth, and numerous self serving actions, contempt for those around him and what appears to be invisible shield from the laws of GA

So has DR. AZZIZ, made a deal with the devil?

A LITTLE PARODY FOLLOWS
The devil went down to Augusta, he was looking for another soul to steal.

He was in a bind 'cos, Multi-County Consolidation was way behind, he and he was willin' to make a deal with the lame.

When he came to this man polling on a College name, and playing a game, lookin for some fame too.

And the devil jumped upon a hickory stump and said: "Man let me tell you what:"I guess you didn't know it, but I'm a deceiver too.

"And if you'd care to take a dare, I'll make a bet with you.

"Now you run a pretty good tale, sir, but give the devil his due:
"I bet a title of gold and fame against your soul, 'cos I think I'm better than you."

The man said: "My name's Azziz and it might be a sin,
"But I'll take your bet, your gonna regret, 'cos I'm the best deceiver that's ever been."

An IF DR. AZZIZ is named Chancellor of Hell .

Please note: I am not updating my Bible when he changes name for hell.

☻☻☻☻☻☻☻☻☻☻☻☺☻☻☻☻☻☻☻☻☻

nocnoc
nocnoc 05/08/13 - 06:59 am
Heroes vs. Socialist

Heroes vs. Socialist Re-election agendas.

HEROES
Those 4,000 brave soldiers who died in Iraq, died protecting friends and they volunteered.

Those US people that died in Libya, died because a Socialist Political fool was worried calling a 9-11 terrorist attack a 911 attack and would hurt his chances at RE-Election.

SOCIALIST AGENDA AHEAD OF USA
The US president for personal reasons, allowed US Soil to be invaded, and US citizens to be hunted down, tortured and murdered.

FACTS
finally coming to light, facts show Obama and his team allowed the 9 hours of attacks to continue.

* They denied requests for rescue and called off impromptu attempts using career and personal threats.

* They lied to congress.

* They deliberately mislead, concealed facts and lied to the American people.

* They allowed US Citizens and US representatives to die to get re-elected.

* They compromised their Oaths of Office.

The question is:
Will Democrats stand by their man for Political Party reasons or will they stand for America?

Little Lamb
Little Lamb 05/08/13 - 07:00 am
Consolidation

Merging the two universities was a plan that was in the works years before the Board of Regents had ever heard of the name Azziz. Remember that our merger was the most prominent, but it was part of a plan that merged eight schools into four across Georgia. So, when IAD posted this:

Azziz has done good things for Augusta in the big picture;

I respectfully request he give us a list of what those "good things" are.

CobaltGeorge
CobaltGeorge 05/08/13 - 07:18 am
Cobalt Park

is now open to all my AC Friends if any want to get away for a weekend from what is left of America.

Amenities:

* Electricity - 20 amp, 30 amp & 50 amp hookup
* Water
* Sewer System hookup.
* Fishing - Bass, Bream, Crappie (worms available)
* Pistol Range
* Long Gun Sighting Range (200 Yards)
* Bonfire pit overlooking a 21 acre pool
* Sitting deck with round table and chairs
* Boat Ramp
* A pavilion with Rest room, Refrigerator, Stove, Microwave.
* No requirement to secure the tent or RV. Criminals aren't allowed.
* No charge for God's creatures: Snakes, Mosquito, Squirrels, Coyotes, Turkeys, Fire-ants, Geese (Democats & Republicans).

Some minor CobaltGeorge Rules apply.
The Hammer & Sickle man has been denied access.

No Charge except for my One Liners. ☺

nocnoc
nocnoc 05/08/13 - 07:16 am
RANT TO ARC COMMISSIONERS &

RANT TO ARC COMMISSIONERS & COMCAST

As part of the COMA-CAST Franchise license issued by the county,
Coma-cast should be told to open FULL SERVICE Satellite Offices.

It is 30+ miles from Blythe and other parts of ARC to River Parkway.

Since ARC seems to copy Gwinnett Co. a lot, then Copy their mandate to Coma-cast in Gwinnett. They now have several full service locations.

I am just counting the Days for WOW! being past Tobacco Rd.
$100 less a month than Coma-Cast.

Grab a copy of May 2013 Consumer Reports.
WOW! rated higher than Coma-Cast in price, services, delivery, and support, which was a distant 6-10th positions behind WOW! depending on the category.

seabiscuit
seabiscuit 05/08/13 - 07:14 am
Degrees

When did Richmond County start paying for degrees for teachers?

CobaltGeorge
CobaltGeorge 05/08/13 - 07:29 am
A DOWNER

WOW (must have been the free worms.)

seenitB4
seenitB4 05/08/13 - 07:39 am
cgee

What kind of worms ? :):)

seenitB4
seenitB4 05/08/13 - 07:46 am
nocnoc when you say this

ARC seems to copy Gwinnett....dunno bout that...

Gwinnett would be beating the bushes day/night over the bat beating....that wouldn't slip by our guys.....I will have to say the Police here mean business & they go after the punks..dead or alive motto.

seenitB4
seenitB4 05/08/13 - 07:49 am
Remember the jerk holding the firemen

Well he is dead & the firemen are back at work...that happened just a few miles from here.

I'm very thankful of that outcome because it was scary for the whole neighborhood...

RoadkiII
RoadkiII 05/08/13 - 07:52 am
Nothing to do with posted R/Rs but...

Last night I attended the graduation ceremony for Greenville Tech in Greeville SC. Many congratulations to Justin and his classmates. I would also like to apologize to the entire class for the lack of respect shown by many of the attendees. Many of whom where there to watch their children graduate. Can't you leave the shorts and flip flops/sandals home for one night? I am not saying you need a 3 piece suit or a tux, but is it really too much to ask for dress slacks, shirt, and tie.

I have seen many comments right here about how young people are dressing for job interviews. Think a moment about what kind of example is set by some of these parents. Yesterday was the biggest day in many of these young adults lives so far, and the parents can't even dress appropriately.

If wearing a tie makes me "old fashioned", then I am proud to be declared "old fashioned".

CobaltGeorge
CobaltGeorge 05/08/13 - 08:01 am
RK

There isn't nothing wrong at being "old fashioned". Sad to say. we are a dying breed.

seenitB4
seenitB4 05/08/13 - 08:03 am
The female victim of beating speaks

North Augusta, SC -
Ashley Solesbee says she's alive because of two reasons: God and Wesley Spires.

"He raced me into the ER and refused to be seen until they were taking care of me. He's my hero," Ashley says.

Friday night was supposed to be special. "It was their actual first, first date. She was so excited, she got new makeup," Ashley's mom Lisa says.

And it started that way: dinner at Ashley's favorite restaurant, ice skating, and then...

"We weren't ready to end the night, but we weren't ready to meet each other's parents, so the Riverwalk sounded great and it was beautiful," Ashley says.

Then the unthinkable happened. The couple was beaten with an aluminum bat or pipe on Riverwalk. Wesley managed to drive them to the hospital. Ashley was beaten so severely that she's not showing her face: Not because she's embarrassed, but to be sensitive to the small children she teaches.

Bless that woman...she is more forgiving than I could be..

nocnoc
nocnoc 05/08/13 - 09:13 am
A CSRA Wide Challenge.

CSRA Wide Challenge.

A donation drive for a REWARD & Hero Fund regarding the RiverWalk Incident.

If the AC will start a Reward Riverwalk Attempted Murders Reward Fund AND a fund to help the victims out ....I will donate.

I feel others will also.

Just tell us when and where.

Sean
IF the AC will set up the Fund I'll drop by .

seenitB4
seenitB4 05/08/13 - 09:01 am
Augusta you are lacking in backbone..

When you have punks runing in your midst & you just stay back & quietly say NOTHING!!!
Have the spunk that Mayor Reed has....say you KNOW there is a problem & YOU WILL do something about it!!

A real leader stands up & says what he feels....you have a habit of putting money in failed projects......many leave the county & you still don't see the light....it isn't just the bat beating .....it is the accumulation of tragic--senseless crimes like gnats biting at your heels...if the leaders were 1/2 as vocal as ctyman (bless his soul) YOU might make a difference.....get some you know what or give the job to some who will stand up & be counted.

seenitB4
seenitB4 05/08/13 - 09:04 am
Very good idea nocnoc

I will send some money too...just tell us how & where Sean.

justthefacts
justthefacts 05/08/13 - 09:11 am
Roadkill

Shhhhhh. Let the "old fashion" folks continue to get the jobs while the more enlighten group complains.

seenitB4
seenitB4 05/08/13 - 09:31 am
RKill

I understand what you are saying.....my friend with employment office says they come in the office with a baby on the hip....flip flops & very unkempt looks.......ready to go on that interview....

Amazing that some can't understand why they were not hired.....btw...before someone drags race into this let me be clear....she said ALL COLORS DO THIS.......common sense has left the building a looong time ago..

seeyall later.....fish are biting here..:)

General Disarray
General Disarray 05/08/13 - 09:31 am
Reminder: Under Bush there

Reminder: Under Bush there were 10 attacks on US Embassies resulting in 60 deaths.

If you're going to demand answers, demand answers on all attacks not just the politically convenient ones.

City to consider emergency plan

The Richmond County Emer­gency Management Agency has drafted changes to emergency operating procedures. Overlooked, however, were several pages of emergency contact data riddled with ...