Rants & Raves

Comments from readers:

ISN’T IT JUST LIKE the Republicans to put forth a man who just recently dissed the state money on a trip to his mistress, who cheated on his wife, and who “just” invaded ex-wife’s residence! We need to make certain to keep his miserable, cheating person out of any politics. He’s learned nothing from his recent frauds except to try to get away with more evil.

NOW OUR STATE officers are being used to shuttle kids from a private school? How low can it get for ASU/GHSU?

SO THE HOBOES get out of jail just barely a month after trying to steal rides on the trains. And supposedly one family member will be making a donation to cover the keeping, feeding and other care of their dogs? That donation should have been sent since Day 1 toward all that care. And a donation should also be made to the sheriff’s office for keeping, feeding and caring for the thieves. And they’d better keep away from me with any panhandling.

IF I SEE THE MOTHER of the two terrorists on TV again I will just throw up. I have had enough of her ranting and raving and her blaming America for what happened in Boston.

I GUESS WE MISUNDERSTOOD Obama when he said that the Syrian government would face severe consequences if they used chemical weapons on its people. That “red line” has been crossed with no response. The game of parsing words has now begun so don’t expect any action anytime soon.

BECAUSE THE RUSSIANS have not lived up to their side of the bargain it’s time to pull the plug on the MOX facility. By the way, how can the costs for the facility grow from $4.9 billion to $7.7 billion without anybody being held accountable? Enough is enough.

I SIMPLY COULD NOT believe the lies and fabrications Charles Krauthammer used in his editorial about the terrorism war that in his mind is Obama’s fault. What a hypocrite. He forgot to mention the 4,000 brave lives lost and billions of dollars. Krauthammer and Limbaugh, what a pair of liars.

RAVE TO THE STAFF at Trinity Hospital in day surgery during my stay there. Special thanks to Ms. Annette, Ms. Carol and Mr. Phil on the second floor. You were wonderful, and very professional, too. I would have you assist me anytime.

nocnoc
nocnoc 05/01/13 - 09:23 pm
BITE ME's

#1 Remember Bill Clinton told US - bite me,
#2 Azzizz told Augusta bite me,
#3 Who care anymore their gone - Bite me.
#4 She is saying to America Bite Me.
#5 Obama doesn't care enough to say Bite Me.
#6 Politicians and the RUSSIANS said to the US Taxpayers Bite Me.
#7 Narrow minded Liberals can Bite Me.

#8 Thank you it is nice to hear of good people.
I would love to see the AC carry and Angel of the Week story.

nocnoc
nocnoc 05/01/13 - 09:25 pm
A Rant and Rave

100 years ago this week Whitcomb L. Judson, invented the Zipper.
and for a 100 years men wearing boxers have feared his invention.
From 2002 to 2012, 17,616 USA men were zipped up enough to go to the ER for zipper related "injuries" because of this invention.

But since January 19, 1935 safety minded men wearing jockeys, have been very pleased.

Riverman1
Riverman1 05/02/13 - 04:59 am
Zipping Back Over It

Nocnoc covered the r and r's well. But about that zipper thing. The worse part about zipping yourself up is you have to zip back down again to get IT out. Contemplation and then Yeeeeeeeeooooooowwwww.

ColdBeerBoiledPeanuts
ColdBeerBoiledPeanuts 05/02/13 - 06:26 am
Bite me!

I'll bet Bill Clinton did not say "Bite Me" to Monica!!!!!

rockymissy1
rockymissy1 05/02/13 - 08:14 am
Bill and Monica

Or maybe he did tell her to "bite me" you never know these days!!!!

lol

seenitB4
seenitB4 05/02/13 - 08:23 am
Zippers & things...

I'm glad we don't have to worry about those dang zippers....I wondered what the convo would be this am...but yall surprised me this am..lol

seenitB4
seenitB4 05/02/13 - 08:27 am
Finally J C Penney woke up!!

The store came to the reality that the change wasn't gonna work....now put some dang American products in there & all SIZES....geez.....I could be a dang ceo & make money for them too...

NEW YORK (AP) — J.C. Penney is sorry and it wants your business back.

That's the gist of its latest ad, a public "mea culpa" which the mid-priced department-store put on its YouTube and Facebook pages.

The ad, titled "It's no secret," shows shots of women working, playing with their children and doing other everyday activities.

"Recently J.C. Penney changed," a voiceover states. "Some changes you liked, and some you didn't. But what matters with mistakes is what we learn. We learned a very simple thing, to listen to you."

seenitB4
seenitB4 05/02/13 - 08:31 am
Yeah..I'm sick of her too

IF I SEE THE MOTHER of the two terrorists on TV again I will just throw up

seenitB4
seenitB4 05/02/13 - 08:32 am
I will be watching this Saturday!!

Palace Malice

Trainer: Pletcher | Jockey:Mike Smith

Notable: Second by a neck in Blue Grass Stakes.

Final Derby future wager odds: 42-1

Just wish I could be there...

dichotomy
dichotomy 05/02/13 - 08:33 am
"That “red line” has been

"That “red line” has been crossed with no response."

Obama's red line is kind of like:

You can keep your doctor.

You can keep your insurance.

It will drive down the cost of healthcare.

It will create jobs.

I'm not aware of the Benghazi story.

seenitB4
seenitB4 05/02/13 - 08:34 am
sweetson

Pull that trigger sweetson.....what are they gonna do to ya....bite ya!!!

:):)

itsanotherday1
itsanotherday1 05/02/13 - 10:54 am
Just like Republicans?

That suggests the ranter's memory is selective in light of Bill Clinton's MULTIPLE philandering, Barney Frank's diddling of male pages, Jefferson's thievery, Marion Barry's crack use, etc, etc, etc.

Edit. Oh, and lets not forget local criminals re-elected or almost. Charles Walker ring a bell? Former felon McIntyre came within a hair of getting re-elected. Selective memory indeed!

itsanotherday1
itsanotherday1 05/02/13 - 08:48 am
Lies of Krauthammer

Did he lie or just state truths that upset you? Or were they just opinions?

Why don't you sign up and expound? I would like to hear specifics.

itsanotherday1
itsanotherday1 05/02/13 - 08:53 am
Red thumb coward

You are up early today! (but I do appreciate the points)

seenitB4
seenitB4 05/02/13 - 08:55 am
The Kentucky Derby

What is it like going to the Derby?? Does anyone on here even know....it only lasts a few hours ....so.. do you get your moneys worth...Not like the Masters but I'm sure the thrill is the same...♥

seenitB4

•Seat at Clubhouse Box, near finish line= $11592.00
•Parking Pass= $146.00
•General Admission= $56.00
•Infield= $56.00

triscuit
triscuit 05/02/13 - 09:12 am
The Derby is more than the

The Derby is more than the race. It's an entire week of parties, concerts, tailgating, events leading up to it. People go up and never even have tickets to go to the race.

seenitB4
seenitB4 05/02/13 - 09:20 am
I will admit this

When the race is on I can't sit still....I jump up & down & scream at the tv......good thing I'm close to the bathroom too!
I like the race when 2 horses get neck & neck & at the last 30 seconds one of them pulls out front like his tail is on fire....makes me wonder if they hurt the horse with the dang whips....I hope not.

Sweet son
Sweet son 05/02/13 - 10:42 am
@SeenitB4

Don't see anything here in r&r to shoot at but will look elsewhere. I am always a late arrival but r&r is the first place I look to see what my friends are up to!!

seenitB4
seenitB4 05/02/13 - 10:47 am
thanks triscuit for the info

Good am sweetson...you are late :):)

Now I have to move along & do something productive...kinda..:)

itsanotherday1
itsanotherday1 05/02/13 - 10:56 am
Yup. Need to go dig ten big

Yup. Need to go dig ten big holes to plant a privacy tree line. Hard to get motivated to operate a shovel though...

Bantana
2071
Bantana 05/02/13 - 02:08 pm
itsanotherday1

I could find no evidence of Rep. Frank ever being subject to ethics charges for "diddling male pages". Nor was he ever investigated, tried or convicted by civil authorities for the same. I'm not sure what the intent of your remarks were, but if you meant to imply that Rep. Frank had sexual relations with Congressional Pages, then you could be defending yourself in a libel lawsuit for defamation of character. I suspect that if someone defamed any of us, our friends or loved ones in such a way, we would be howling for justice in civil court or worse yet, in the streets. And for the record, the age of consent in the District is 16. Thankfully for Illinois Republican Representative Dan Crane, that allowed him to avoid criminal charges for having sexual relations with a 17 year old Page. His constituents did not return him to Congress. Rep. Frank, on the other hand, served the voters in his district for over 30 years.

nocnoc
nocnoc 05/02/13 - 04:25 pm
Let me help you

Let me help you
investigated yes, but not convicted.

But they got him for fixing tickets for his "friend".

BTW: The Repub that accused & lead the fight against Frank was later brought up on charges of soliciting Gay sex in a Airport restroom.

This is an classic example of "irony".

All of his Gayness aside.
His tenure and leadership on the Housing Committees / House Financial Services Committee, were critical in destroying the retirement-wealth of the middle class, that they had built up in their homes.

Gage Creed
Gage Creed 05/02/13 - 08:30 pm
I don't think Barney Frank

I don't think Barney Frank will be suing for libel given his history of ethics violations

And this is just the tip of the iceberg

Spell Edit

Bantana
2071
Bantana 05/03/13 - 10:21 am
as I said, there is no record

as I said, there is no record of rep. frank being investigated for having sex with congressional pages. and if folks believe rep. frank precipitated the destruction of middle-class wealth despite the evidence...well then there is nothing I can do to educate them as to the real culprits of the mortgage crisis. some folks just want to believe that shady mortgage originators, wall street derivative brokers and others are the pristine capitalists that drive our economy. yes they drove it into the ground.

Gage Creed
Gage Creed 05/03/13 - 04:28 pm
I see you ignored the obvious

I see you ignored the obvious and sang the company line. Well done!

UGA jumps up in 2 polls

The University of Georgia made the second-biggest jump of all the teams in the two national ranking polls, both of which were released Tuesday.