Rants & Raves

Comments from readers:

I’M GLAD THEY CAUGHT the bombers; too many television programs were interrupted because of that. They cut into programs with five minutes left and just repeated themselves over and over.

MAKING A POINT: I think they ought to quit selling pressure cookers since people know how to make a bomb and hurt others. Why are you looking so disgusted? You are trying to do the same thing to the gun laws. People hurt people, not metal pots and guns.

RENALDO RIVERA has been in the prison system for a long time. Are they holding up his execution because of the injection drugs? There are quite a few families who would like to have some closure.

RANT FOR FOOD stamps. We were at Kroger on Colum­bia Road, and this couple had one shopping cart full of soda and over $100 worth of groceries, and they took it out to a brand-new 2013 double cab pickup truck. What is wrong with our system?

IT IS AMAZING HOW Rants & Raves can print complaints about President Obama. He is president. Get over it. Let’s talk about the holes in the street. Over in Columbia County they were fixed for the Masters. We’re regular people, so I guess we don’t get our stuff fixed. Let’s complain about that.

A GIANT RAVE TO Jamie and Walgreens on Wash­ing­ton Road for giving me the best customer service in my life. After not finding the item I needed at any of the Walgreens in our area, she started calling the competitors. She was like Kriss Kringle in Miracle on 34th Street. Amazing. Well done, Jamie.

I HAD OPEN HEART surgery and a pacemaker. If Rich­mond County sheriff’s deputies taze me, I could die and Richmond Coun­ty would have a very large lawsuit on their hands. They should find out a person’s condition before they taze them.

I DIDN’T KNOW YOU needed to have a license to drive a wheelchair in Harlem. They gave a woman a hit-and-run ticket for hitting somebody, but when did an electric wheelchair become a vehicle? Do we have to have a tag, too?

THE WHITE HOUSE WAS a target. You don’t fly your president back to a target. The whole time the president was in the air, he was aware of what was happening on the ground. You always move the commander in chief until you identify the enemy and you know it is safe.

seenitB4
seenitB4 04/26/13 - 08:19 am
On the Azziz article

I see that some are keeping up with the posters...funny to me..they are trying to pigeon hole the folks at work & still posting on here....lordy lordy....THEY NEED to check the 15 kids mama wanting more tax dollars to pay for her younguns...GEEZ...I might need to take a break from reading/watching the news...it really is sickening sometimes..

justthefacts
22004
justthefacts 04/26/13 - 08:22 am
CobaltGeorge
CobaltGeorge 04/26/13 - 08:23 am
Can Any Of

my Vietnam Veterans Brothers remember reading the Miranda Right every time we pulled the trigger? I don't think any of those in the Middle East battle grounds did also.

Those were enemies of America and the only right they had was to DIE!

seenitB4
seenitB4 04/26/13 - 08:28 am
Good am CGee

Your link just proves we have lost control of our education system....:(

LillyfromtheMills
LillyfromtheMills 04/26/13 - 08:29 am
I agree

W/JTF - hehehe - morning all!

seenitB4
seenitB4 04/26/13 - 08:42 am
JTF

I see the bombers had plans for NYC at Times Square....& you were there in the area....
Some are saying the police rushed to kill the punks..I say Thank God they did their job.....we will never know how many they saved just doing their job....lately I can't even watch the pansy behinds on tv when they worry about rights of criminals...I find myself talking to a tv a lot lately....well...ok...hollaring at a tv.

CobaltGeorge
CobaltGeorge 04/26/13 - 09:00 am
Yes B4

So many mutant humans just can't see what America will be like in 4 years.

dichotomy
dichotomy 04/26/13 - 09:11 am
"If Rich­mond County

"If Rich­mond County sheriff’s deputies taze me, I could die"

Then I recommend that you not show you butt, get ignorant, and nut up on the police when they tell you to do something. If you do, I have no problem with them popping your circuit breaker.

nocnoc
nocnoc 04/26/13 - 09:16 am
Is it about --- The need to be the center of attention?

So the Obama House put out a press release now saying he was a target.

I guess 47% of America will need to take off their thinking caps again to buy into that one.

How many times has he injected himself into news stories?
A few quickly come to mind.

T. Martin .
Sandy Hooks - surrounding himself with victims.
Golf outing story leading up to the Masters week.
WH picture of him shooting skeet while pushing gun control... yeah right.
Photo ops with 100's of celebrities.
Vacation photo ops.
and on and on....

It seems we either have a HAM in office, or he has really bad PR people.

dichotomy
dichotomy 04/26/13 - 09:37 am
"RANT FOR FOOD

"RANT FOR FOOD stamps...........What is wrong with our system?"

Welcome to socialism and redistribution of wealth. Obama meant what he said about "redistribution".....LITERALLY. But it had nothing to do with taxing the rich or creating jobs and an environment that put people to work. He LITERALLY meant taking money out of YOUR pocket and GIVING it to someone else while doing everything possible to kill the economy.

I've heard people say that the "man" had his foot on their neck. With the percentages today, every taxPAYING American has a welfare leech on their back.

seenitB4
seenitB4 04/26/13 - 09:38 am
We are being played for suckers

A very good article on here by ACE....

Britain’s radical Muslim cleric Anjem Choudary has brazenly urged his followers to get on public benefits there – calling welfare a “jihad-seeker’s allowance.” He ridiculed British taxpayers and their working 9-5, saying living off them makes holy war easier.

It isn't just the bomb that will take us down.....living off our bennies will take us even faster...if you can't see that please see an eye Dr asap...

nocnoc
nocnoc 04/26/13 - 09:42 am
Quoting

Quoting
"The theoretical probability of inducing VF is significantly lower than 0.0000008, or 1:1,270,000. By comparison, the standard for basic safety and essential performance of medical electrical equipment, EN 60601-1, accepts as satisfactory a VF induction probability of 0.002, or 1:500. Conclusion: The results indicated that TASER devices, while not risk free, have a very low cardiac risk profile when used for suspect temporary incapacitation."

ALSO
Given the needed process of 2 application point, Left upper front chest area and Lower right side chest area as points when using a Defibrillator, it likely would not work.

Note: If a LEO ever has to draw down on me, I would still rather get shocked and wet my pants, than be shot with a 160-180 grain 40 cal
round producing 32,000+ ft./sq In.

rebellious
20780
rebellious 04/26/13 - 09:56 am
Low Information

Voters dominate the day! Background noise like entitled, fairness, rights, et al are playing in the background behind the rants and raves. SSDD.

nocnoc
nocnoc 04/26/13 - 10:16 am
RANT TO FAMOUS PEOPLE SKIRTING THE LAW

A former UGA Football Player and Future NFL Draft Pick was possession of a stolen firearm and the case was dropped why?

Even though it was under his car seat in a Car he was driving, the Judge ruled there is nothing to link him to the firearm.

I'll have to remember this case for future reference. It is a new way to look at laws.

FUTURE APPLICATIONS:
1. Honestly Officer I did not know that there was 100 pounds of grass under seat. I am just borrowing this car to make a delivery.

2. Honest judge I don't know nothing about that stolen golf cart in my driveway connected to my battery charger and my house wall socket.

3. What stolen car, oh the one I am sitting in. I did not know it was stolen?

4. For a husband or wife. I don't know who that person is in bed with me? I just sleeping over here.

An once again FAME trumps law enforcement, since Mr. Crowell, is considered to be a future TOP NFL draft prospect, he skated.

Either that or UGA must have a strong Alumni in the Judicial system?

But No matter how you cut it or spin it he hangs around criminals, people that have STOLEN FIREARMS

RoadkiII
RoadkiII 04/26/13 - 10:16 am
It's getting warmer

I just read an article that stated that anthropologists are thrilled that they are finding ancient artifacts hidden under ice for thousands of years. They are finding these artifacts as the ice melts. What more evidence do you need that the Earth is in a heat/cool cycle? Seems to me that the artifacts aren't going to melt through several feet of ice to end up on the ground.

seenitB4
seenitB4 04/26/13 - 10:25 am
Weeel Mr Rebel

Post on here more often & add some spice to our rice....ssdd is true without you...:)

seenitB4
seenitB4 04/26/13 - 10:35 am
Sometimes I just need a drink

Yo know what RKill...I might just have to drink some when we do get together.....looking forward to seeing yall esp. since miss trouble has floated away from here ????

Yesterday I had a lemon drop martini...then a mudslide...then a chocolate martini & I blame this all on the tv / news/ media folks....I really want to slap the crap out of some of them.....then I see the victims trying to live their life with some dignity & I think....how crazy can we be.....we can't give them new legs to dance with----we can't give them a roofing job again...we can't breathe life back in their lungs...we have to STOP being such pansies ......jerk the bennies away from many on the freebie roll......stop making it easy to take this country down the tubes...our children will resent the way we gave away everything that is important to us.

seenitB4
seenitB4 04/26/13 - 10:45 am
Guess what

I need to go now....or I might tell yall where I would like to place a device....& SM would frown on that...anyway..I just told some email friends.....& please.....don't email me with any sadness for the bomber or try to get me to understand why this happens here..

Darby
Darby 04/26/13 - 11:19 am
"IT IS AMAZING HOW Rants & Raves

can print complaints about President Obama."

Not really all that amazing. You just put your fingers on the correct keys and type.

The guy is such a pathetic loser and total arrogant incompetent that the words just flow naturally.

Pot holes will always be with us. Thankfully, the Great Wizard of OzBama won't.

justthefacts
22004
justthefacts 04/26/13 - 11:31 am
nocnoc

"Either that or UGA must have a strong Alumni in the Judicial system?" Why would UGA care one way or the other? They kicked him out of school over a year ago.

countyman
20144
countyman 04/26/13 - 12:20 pm
Same few people

It's always funny to see how my positive comments make certain people automatically react negatively. I guess some people really do hate Augusta, and don't want anybody else to feel differently.

The Five Guys restaurant coming to South Augusta is on the planning & zoning website for the general public to see. I don't work for the corporate at Five Guys and they control the construction timelines.

The Five Guys didn't even show up on the site until August 2012, and was approved October 2012. People try to make sarcastic comments, but it's only been a few months and definitely not one year.

Approved= October 18, 2012

Today= April 26, 2013

I think somebody is confusing the Five Guys with another development. It's probably hard to keep up because of the number of new restaurants.

KSL
KSL 04/26/13 - 12:39 pm
Well, well, well

"Bush lied." General Sada lied when he said Iraqi wmd were shipped across the border into Syria prior to the war. OR NOT.

RoadkiII
RoadkiII 04/26/13 - 12:51 pm
RIP

"He Stopped Loving Her Today"

Good bye to the original Possum, rest in peace George

jus sayin'
jus sayin' 04/26/13 - 12:59 pm
Open heart surgery.....

Have you considered not doing anything that would compell the police to taze you in the first place??!!!

KSL
KSL 04/26/13 - 01:08 pm
Stupid rant

I can see it now. If leos had to inquire as as to the medical status of a person before tazing them, we would have to have a new law making it a criminal offense to lie to a leo about one's medical condition.

Riverman1
Riverman1 04/26/13 - 03:03 pm
JTF, all I didn't say was one

JTF, all I didn't say was one person had the two beers...me. Yeah, you're right, that was lightweight for me, too, but there was a county solicitor very close.

dichotomy
dichotomy 04/26/13 - 03:58 pm
"It's probably hard to keep

"It's probably hard to keep up because of the number of new restaurants."

No countyman.....we pay REALLY close attention when we told ANY new eating establishment is coming to South Augusta. REALLY REALLY close attention.