Rants & Raves

Comments from readers:

I’M GLAD THEY CAUGHT the bombers; too many television programs were interrupted because of that. They cut into programs with five minutes left and just repeated themselves over and over.

MAKING A POINT: I think they ought to quit selling pressure cookers since people know how to make a bomb and hurt others. Why are you looking so disgusted? You are trying to do the same thing to the gun laws. People hurt people, not metal pots and guns.

RENALDO RIVERA has been in the prison system for a long time. Are they holding up his execution because of the injection drugs? There are quite a few families who would like to have some closure.

RANT FOR FOOD stamps. We were at Kroger on Colum­bia Road, and this couple had one shopping cart full of soda and over $100 worth of groceries, and they took it out to a brand-new 2013 double cab pickup truck. What is wrong with our system?

IT IS AMAZING HOW Rants & Raves can print complaints about President Obama. He is president. Get over it. Let’s talk about the holes in the street. Over in Columbia County they were fixed for the Masters. We’re regular people, so I guess we don’t get our stuff fixed. Let’s complain about that.

A GIANT RAVE TO Jamie and Walgreens on Wash­ing­ton Road for giving me the best customer service in my life. After not finding the item I needed at any of the Walgreens in our area, she started calling the competitors. She was like Kriss Kringle in Miracle on 34th Street. Amazing. Well done, Jamie.

I HAD OPEN HEART surgery and a pacemaker. If Rich­mond County sheriff’s deputies taze me, I could die and Richmond Coun­ty would have a very large lawsuit on their hands. They should find out a person’s condition before they taze them.

I DIDN’T KNOW YOU needed to have a license to drive a wheelchair in Harlem. They gave a woman a hit-and-run ticket for hitting somebody, but when did an electric wheelchair become a vehicle? Do we have to have a tag, too?

THE WHITE HOUSE WAS a target. You don’t fly your president back to a target. The whole time the president was in the air, he was aware of what was happening on the ground. You always move the commander in chief until you identify the enemy and you know it is safe.

CobaltGeorge
CobaltGeorge 04/25/13 - 09:13 pm

I don't think you were watching FOX. They didn't interrupt any programs, they were on it from start...24/7.

CobaltGeorge
CobaltGeorge 04/25/13 - 09:16 pm

You are right, People are the only factor in any killing. Period.

CobaltGeorge
CobaltGeorge 04/25/13 - 09:19 pm

Liberals don't believe in "executions"....they brought all the drugs up like ammo!

CobaltGeorge
CobaltGeorge 04/25/13 - 09:23 pm
4 "What is wrong with our system?"

Well nothing except you are not paying enough Taxes.

They should be able to get more than " one shopping cart full of soda and over $100 worth of groceries,"

CobaltGeorge
CobaltGeorge 04/25/13 - 09:26 pm

You are right on that one. There is nothing to complain about our Hammer & Sickle man. Those holes in the road are definitely more important!

CobaltGeorge
CobaltGeorge 04/25/13 - 09:27 pm

Now that one is something to really RAVE about.

CobaltGeorge
CobaltGeorge 04/25/13 - 09:30 pm
7 If Rich­mond County sheriff’s deputies taze me,

All I can say is, you were probably braking the law, acting stupid and deserved to be Tazed.

CobaltGeorge
CobaltGeorge 04/25/13 - 09:35 pm

When did an electric wheelchair become a vehicle?

Any devise other than 2 legs that move a human can be classified as a vehicle.

CobaltGeorge
CobaltGeorge 04/25/13 - 09:43 pm

In that case, why don't we keep this "president" in the air all the time so "HE CAN IDENTIFY THE ENEMY"

He definitely isn't identifying the enemy in vegas or in the WH with his feet on a desk.

itsanotherday1
itsanotherday1 04/25/13 - 10:01 pm
1. TV is that important to

1. TV is that important to you? Kind of dull life and misplaced priorities I'd say.

2. You would think that is just common sense, but I guess it isn't so common, eh?

3. I feel your pain. He is the classic case of 100% gulity and should have been put down like a rabid dog a long time ago.

4. Food stamps are the tip of the iceberg. I just saw a piece about the tens of billions urinated down a rathole for so called Obamaphones. Typical well intentioned gov program used and abused. They are legend.

5. Don't be ignorant. This administration's policies, or lack of, will do infinitely more damage to you than potholes in the street. If he had free reign to do what he wanted, you would not be able to afford the gas, much less an automobile to worry about potholes. The sad thing is that with the debt we have, you may find yourself in that spot yet. This mess is FAR from over. Mark my words....

6. Thank you for recognizing good customer service. Most of the time you only hear about the bad stuff.

7. Anyone with a condition to be concerned about ought to conduct themselves in a manner to not affect their condition, right? What do you think you might do to warrant a tazing? I'm not worried one whit about a LEO tazing me, because I will never do anything to invite it.

8 & 9- What Cgee said.

KSL
KSL 04/25/13 - 10:13 pm
7 What itsanother said. He

7 What itsanother said. He beat me to it. Why on earth would you worry about being tazed?

KSL
KSL 04/25/13 - 10:28 pm
No wonder the Boston Bombers were messed up

If she set foot on American soil today, I hope she was arrested on the outstanding warrant.

countyman
20234
countyman 04/26/13 - 12:53 am
More private construction!!

Texas Roadhouse is coming to Augusta(7k SQ. FT.), but I don't know the exact location right now. Hopefully somebody at the Chronicle can find out the address of the new restaurant.

Riverman1
Riverman1 04/26/13 - 05:37 am
Wheelchair Hit and Roll (Not Run)

I can imagine the high speed chase the Harlem police had going after the person in the wheelchair who hit someone. The radio conversation must have been intense. I wonder if they threw down spike strips in front of the chair?

nocnoc
nocnoc 04/26/13 - 06:45 am
RANT FOR FOOD stamps.

Must be an old rant the AC dusted off.

I thought they quit printing food stamps for over 5 years when they went to EBT cards?

Never had to use either, so we'll need an store owner or user to clarify.

nocnoc
nocnoc 04/26/13 - 06:54 am
"IF: you really have had OPEN

"IF: you really have had OPEN HEART surgery and now have a pacemaker.

Then act civil and you won't Tasered.

But act like someone "without" that pacemaker, you claim to have, and Bow-up on John Law. Well you'll either get the shock of your life or the shot that ends your life.

Riverman1
Riverman1 04/26/13 - 06:58 am
I wonder if a taser could get

I wonder if a taser could get a person out of ventricular fibrillation? Guy having a heart attack rips his shirt open and shouts at cop, "Tas me, bro."

Adam Bomb
Adam Bomb 04/26/13 - 06:59 am
Speaking about electric wheelchairs.

Go to any large store that has them and you'll be shocked at the many young able bodied people riding around the store. I thought those things were for people who couldn't walk. Guess we have a surplus of young able bodied folks that are too lazy to walk.

Riverman1
Riverman1 04/26/13 - 07:01 am
I see where the train tracks

I see where the train tracks at the mill property may prevent development.

RoadkiII
RoadkiII 04/26/13 - 07:08 am
Didn't get tazed bro

I was stopped earlier this week by a deputy sheriff for doing something stupid. Not once did he make a move for his tazer or his gun. Why? I didn't give him any reason too. If fact because of my attitude I left with a warning ticket.

I know some of you are dying to know what I did. A portion of I-95 was closed to trucks. I missed the dang exit. There were signs telling us where to get off. I was looking for a detour sign and not really paying attention to the exit numbers. There wasn't a detour sign. That probably helped too.

The officer did tell me that my attitude went a long way with his decision to just give me a warning. So my pacemaker wearing friend, maybe you should try an attitude adjustment.

CobaltGeorge
CobaltGeorge 04/26/13 - 07:08 am
Good Morning America & All.

Am I just a cold blood conservative saying, have you noticed lately that them their high speed wheelchairs that were once given respect of the right away, now almost demands that right away especially in grocery stores..."Get Out Of The Way, I'm Coming Through!"

RoadkiII
RoadkiII 04/26/13 - 07:15 am
Wheelchairs

If you were to just look at me you wouldn't think there was anything physically wrong with me. If you saw the swelling on my left knee you would realize that maybe I do at times need an electric cart. I guess now that if it is a bad day and I really need the cart I will have to start wearing shorts so you can see my knee.

I know there are lazy folks who just don't want to walk but sometimes the ailments aren't that obvious. BTW, if I don't need an electric cart I don't use one.

CobaltGeorge
CobaltGeorge 04/26/13 - 07:15 am
Sorry TSD, Forgot Your Good Morning.

Thanks you for the 9 points.

Riverman1
Riverman1 04/26/13 - 07:36 am
Texas Roadhouse

Four of us ate at the Macon Texas Roadhouse two weeks ago. I had the grilled sirloin salad, two had prime rib and one had a hamburger/fries dish. Two beers were consumed. My steak wasn't cut up into strips in the salad, but just laid in it which I found unusual. Overall I found the experience and food satisfying. Our bill, including tip was about $100. (Okay, I know I'm no Danielle Wong Moores.)

dstewartsr
20389
dstewartsr 04/26/13 - 07:55 am
Not on this morning's

... top ten, but could not help but notice "Crowell gun charge dropped" in this morning's paper. Stolen gun. Serial number filed off. Under the seat of the car he was driving. Prosecutor says they can't make a case.

Yet, we need more laws? What for-- the rest of us?

dstewartsr
20389
dstewartsr 04/26/13 - 08:02 am
"THE WHITE HOUSE WAS a target."

If you say so; but I bet it is awell defended target with bullet and bombproof materials, sophisticated sensor arrays and as a last resort, guns. Guns which seemingly are only moral and effective when defending our overlords. Average citizens have no need or justification; their defense is to be handled above their paygrade.

GnipGnop
GnipGnop 04/26/13 - 08:04 am
I hope...

Texas Roadhouse builds faster than that 5 guys you've been crowing about for a year now...

seenitB4
seenitB4 04/26/13 - 08:07 am
(Okay, I know I'm no Danielle Wong Moores.)

Really!! Don't think she has to worry about losing her job..:)

seenitB4
seenitB4 04/26/13 - 08:09 am
I'm sick just reading the news

Is it possible we could lose 25% of our social security....I read THAT this am..

seenitB4
seenitB4 04/26/13 - 08:11 am
The victims of the bombing

The dang bills are coming in now...a lost limb will cost over $200,000 on medical bills....they will pay for the rest of THEIR days & we are worried about HIS RIGHTS....I am sick.