Rants & Raves

Comments from readers:

THE TERRORIST ATTACK in Boston was a tragedy; however, the saddest part of the story is that many people believe that the taxpayers should nurse the suspect back to health and provide him a multimillion-dollar defense team so he might get a fair trial.

WHY DID THE Run for Boston receive coverage, yet the Take Back the Day Run for Awareness for Sexual Violence go completely under the radar? The Boston Run is a worthy cause, but why not support victims of sexual violence that occur every day? Shame on The Augusta Chronicle.

BACKGROUND CHECKS for guns? OK. But background checks for a job is ridiculous. And you want people to get off welfare? How? Most who commit serious crimes had no warning signs, never in jail. The people who have been in jail want to fly straight now and the only place you can work is McDonald’s. Really? Wake up, America.

THESE DAYS IT sure is nice to watch a little television with all my commercials.

RANT AGAINST THE lies constantly published against the wonderful Obama administration. I wish The Augusta Chronicle would ban the stupid lies. We are not jumping feet first into foreign wars like Cowboy Bush put the country into.

NOW THAT THE Masters Tournament is over, can we still go ahead and keep pulling down all these signs for diabetes, homes to buy, etc.?

RELIGIOUS PEOPLE can lie, too. Look at all the lies from Republicans like Mitt Romney. Tell people one thing through the media but telling the truth behind closed doors to other wealthy Americans about how he really felt about the perceived 47 percent. Look at all the bozos who can’t get over that Obama was elected and their lies about his birth cannot prevail.

ANY HOTHEADS wanting our military to go 100 percent into other foreign wars like Syria, please take your guns and go. No one is stopping you. If our president wants to wisely restrain how far we go as he enjoins foreign forces for a concerted effort, I’m with him.

WELCOME TO the land of Obama. The Boston bombing suspect will not be tried as an enemy combatant, and the troops killed and wounded by his fellow Muslim at Fort Hood will not be receiving Purple Hearts.

justthefacts
justthefacts 04/25/13 - 10:09 am
OK

I give. I am going to spit in the wind, tug on Superman's cape, pull the mask off the ole Lone Ranger, mess with Jim and buy me a Pit Bull. I might even board a plane with a bunch of Islamic fundamentialist. I mean, really, what are the chances??

seenitB4
seenitB4 04/25/13 - 10:20 am
JTF

Be careful with that spitting in the wind....hahah,,too funny!

seenitB4
seenitB4 04/25/13 - 10:24 am
Pit bull in Atlanta

The article says the dog had been with the family for 8 years...the mom was in the bathroom...

Also..the Azziz news made the AJC too..

Humble Angela
Humble Angela 04/25/13 - 10:53 am
All I'm saying is that you

All I'm saying is that you shouldn't condemn an entire species because of the actions of a small minority (or should you). Good advice about Jim and the lone ranger though..... :-)

ColdBeerBoiledPeanuts
ColdBeerBoiledPeanuts 04/25/13 - 11:03 am
Pit Bulls

Would you leave your child alone in a room with a loaded gun that is easily accessible to the child? Would you hand your child a kitchen knife? Would you put a bottle of drain cleaner or rat poison in reach of that child and leave the room? To me, leaving a child alone with any animal that is bred to be aggressive is doing the same thing!! If you want to own a pit bull, that's your business, but you should take the same precautions as you would with any deadly weapon when it comes to your children.

happychimer
happychimer 04/25/13 - 11:05 am
The Boston terrorist happens

The Boston terrorist happens to be a US citizen, and will be tried in a civilian court. The reason is our constitution. You can't pick and choose which parts to go by. You can't throw it out the window just because you don't agree with it.

Riverman1
Riverman1 04/25/13 - 11:10 am
I belleve all large dogs are

I believe all large dogs are potentially dangerous. Tens of thousands of people are bitten every year by all kinds of dogs. A Pit Bull does have strong jaws and their bites appear to be worse. Here is an objective article:

Humble Angela
Humble Angela 04/25/13 - 11:12 am
Would you leave your child in

Would you leave your child in a room alone with a human that you have known for years, that has never shown any sign of aggression? Keep in mind that humans have killed far more people than pit bulls.

Humble Angela
Humble Angela 04/25/13 - 11:12 am
"You can't throw it out the

"You can't throw it out the window just because you don't agree with it."

Obama seems to have no trouble doing that.

Riverman1
Riverman1 04/25/13 - 11:20 am
Who Is An Artist?

About providing free space and living quarters for artists to work in, the Chronicle commenters should be given the same. We are artists of a different kind. They want to give painters a building to work in and living quarters? Huh? I want my room with cable TV, office to write these silly comments, free booze for creativity, a good looking female nude painter next door and a black beret to wear. Is the term artist to be limited to painters in Augusta?

Humble Angela
Humble Angela 04/25/13 - 11:25 am
Riverman....when it comes to

Riverman....when it comes to spending other people's money, the liberals will define "artist" however they please.

justthefacts
justthefacts 04/25/13 - 11:28 am
River's link

If a totally unbias person read that article, they would not buy a pit bull. OK, Now I really, really give.

seenitB4
seenitB4 04/25/13 - 11:30 am
hahah...^^^ Azziz lite ...

We might have to call RM Mr azziz Lite because of his wants....heheh

We are artists....some are just more colorful & paint with "bright" colors & stuff....now I am going to fade away into the big open spaces of life....smell the flowers & plant some mo.....take GOB to lunch because I have a gift cert.....enjoy what is free in life......seeyall..♥

(miss the colorful KSM & Trouble painters & shrimp)

seenitB4
seenitB4 04/25/13 - 11:36 am
Sweet son
Sweet son 04/25/13 - 11:59 am
@SeenitB4

I too saw the AJC article on the peeping tom. First thought I had was wouldn't it be funny if he had fallen out of the ceiling and busted his butt!!!

jus sayin'
jus sayin' 04/25/13 - 12:24 pm
Background checks......

Fly straight?? "Records show that about 77 percent of felony criminals are repeat offenders with one prior arrest. Of these criminals 35% of them have 10 or more prior arrests." I'm all for work related background checks. Wouldn't you like to know if the person in the next office or cubicle is/was a violent person, thief, or sexual offender? I certainly do!!

happychimer
happychimer 04/25/13 - 01:13 pm
The court decides what is and

The court decides what is and not constitutional; not the President.As for pits, my daughter and her 3 yr old were playing with their pitbull this morning. They went inside and left her in the backyard for a few minutes. A neighbor's puppy got out of their fenced yard and into my daughter's backyard. Her pit and the puppy were playing together.It is all in how any dog is taken care of and treated as to what kind of dog they become.

KSL
KSL 04/25/13 - 02:21 pm
Obama and his doj seem to be

Obama and his doj seem to be adept at picking and choosing the laws they are going to enforce.

Humble Angela
Humble Angela 04/25/13 - 04:40 pm
Those who have no problem

Those who have no problem with background checks in order to exercise your Constitutional right to bear arms.....do you also support the same checks to exercise your right to vote? What about a background check to exercise your freedom of speech? Who decides which people are allowed to exercise which rights?

happychimer
happychimer 04/25/13 - 05:26 pm
Ask the Supreme Court.

Ask the Supreme Court.

CobaltGeorge
CobaltGeorge 04/25/13 - 05:55 pm
happy,

I hope and pray that you never regret the trust you make in some of your comments on that will behaved Pit.

happychimer
happychimer 04/25/13 - 06:21 pm
Cobalt I have been told that

Cobalt I have been told that my Rambo is dangerous too. He is a gentle ball-python that has forgotten how to hiss. Do you think I care what anyone thinks about my keeping him? The same goes for my daughter's family pet.Even if I objected to her dog, she would do what she wanted anyway. Her dog had one litter of puppies, and then was fixed. She allowed the kids to handle her puppies, but not me. As for well-behaved, she can be aggravating as all getout. She licks my hand and tries to get in my lap. She brings tennis balls to me and barks for me to play ball with her. She follows her family around the house everywhere they go.She demands a lot of love and attention, and she gets it.She has never been abused.Nobody should get a pit if they are not going to spend a lot of time with it.

CobaltGeorge
CobaltGeorge 04/25/13 - 06:28 pm
Very Good happy,

I still will pray............................