Rants & Raves

Comments from readers:

THE TERRORIST ATTACK in Boston was a tragedy; however, the saddest part of the story is that many people believe that the taxpayers should nurse the suspect back to health and provide him a multimillion-dollar defense team so he might get a fair trial.

WHY DID THE Run for Boston receive coverage, yet the Take Back the Day Run for Awareness for Sexual Violence go completely under the radar? The Boston Run is a worthy cause, but why not support victims of sexual violence that occur every day? Shame on The Augusta Chronicle.

BACKGROUND CHECKS for guns? OK. But background checks for a job is ridiculous. And you want people to get off welfare? How? Most who commit serious crimes had no warning signs, never in jail. The people who have been in jail want to fly straight now and the only place you can work is McDonald’s. Really? Wake up, America.

THESE DAYS IT sure is nice to watch a little television with all my commercials.

RANT AGAINST THE lies constantly published against the wonderful Obama administration. I wish The Augusta Chronicle would ban the stupid lies. We are not jumping feet first into foreign wars like Cowboy Bush put the country into.

NOW THAT THE Masters Tournament is over, can we still go ahead and keep pulling down all these signs for diabetes, homes to buy, etc.?

RELIGIOUS PEOPLE can lie, too. Look at all the lies from Republicans like Mitt Romney. Tell people one thing through the media but telling the truth behind closed doors to other wealthy Americans about how he really felt about the perceived 47 percent. Look at all the bozos who can’t get over that Obama was elected and their lies about his birth cannot prevail.

ANY HOTHEADS wanting our military to go 100 percent into other foreign wars like Syria, please take your guns and go. No one is stopping you. If our president wants to wisely restrain how far we go as he enjoins foreign forces for a concerted effort, I’m with him.

WELCOME TO the land of Obama. The Boston bombing suspect will not be tried as an enemy combatant, and the troops killed and wounded by his fellow Muslim at Fort Hood will not be receiving Purple Hearts.

justthefacts
justthefacts 04/24/13 - 08:17 pm
Pit Bull.....again

"A 2-year-old boy was mauled to death by his family’s pit bull Wednesday afternoon in south Fulton County, police and animal control officials said."
You have to be insane to have one of these vicious animals in your house. The parents should go to jail.

nocnoc
nocnoc 04/24/13 - 09:01 pm
I am happy they quickly

I am happy they quickly caught the terrorists in Boston and yes some rights were understandably stepped on to accomplish this so quickly.

But I have a MAJOR RANT to a local radio personality that argued so vehemently that it is OK to suspend our constitutional rights in so many everyday cases and ways.

I would have expected a radio personality to understand using his own examples the 1st Amendment could be suspended to protect the government, from him uncovering corruption or abuse.

We don't live in 1968 Chicago, we cannot tolerate Mayor Daily types ordering shoot orders. A declaration of Marshall Law is something that should carefully considered and should be reserved for State Governors. They are the ones that call out the National Guard, not some mayor of local police chief.

So I say if we allow our constitutional rights and protections to be suspended by Local level politicians or police without proper judicial view, then the terrorists have won.

A Lessons Learn Conference must be held and issues addressed.

We live in an age now where this will happen again.

nocnoc
nocnoc 04/24/13 - 09:19 pm
justthefacts - Pitbulls vs. Thug Dogs

I have owned numerous large breeds from 140-180lbs Rotties to our 203lbs 70/30 Shepard/Timber wolf mix. An yes even a few Pits. Sammy our Albino Pit with a great family pet.

You do know that the Pit Bull is also called a "Nanny Dog" because when raised with kids it is fantastic nanny.

If you raise a dog in a kind environment, it is a loyal family member and a kind pet.

However, if you hook any dog to 5 feet of chain, never love it, or pet it and just use it as a barking machine or for a "trained" activity, it then the results are a Thug Dog.

We see thug dogs everyday on the streets, the ones dragging 20 pounds of chromed logging chain and spiked collar with as an "OWNER" in tow. For some reason it has become a status symbol, aka a stereotypical fashion accessory, for some cultures, just like Saggin, 24" rims, and dew rags.

I don't blame the Dog, I blame the person that raised it.

Suggested Reading

Riverman1
Riverman1 04/25/13 - 06:46 am
Another Boston Incident and the Constitution

I'd be so careful to compromise constitutional principles. I remember another Boston incident years ago. A lawyer's wife was killed and the lawyer wounded apparently while in their car driving through a bad area of the city. The Mayor ordered house to house searches for some vaguely described suspect. As it turned out, the lawyer had killed his wife and shot himself in the arm in a cover-up attempt.

With the exception of well known conditions concerning crimes or emergencies actively taking place, before any house is entered a warrant that shows a reason for the entry issued by a judge should be completed.

carcraft
carcraft 04/24/13 - 09:29 pm
I think the radio host

I think the radio host confused two differant issues. Police acting in a criminal matter and a public safety issue! Property is ordered to be evacuated often from issues like gas leaks to floods to fires. Property in New York was ordered vacated due to toxic waste!

KSL
KSL 04/24/13 - 11:50 pm
Awareness for sexual

Awareness for sexual violence? That needs an observance? Isn't that up to an individual victim to report and deal with?

Darby
Darby 04/25/13 - 12:03 am
"I wish The Augusta Chronicle

would ban the stupid lies."
And of course, that liberal ranter will be happy to point out the lies.

KSL
KSL 04/25/13 - 12:06 am
The wonderful Obama

The wonderful Obama administration. Spoken by a true non taxpayer.

Darby
Darby 04/25/13 - 12:08 am
You did notice I'm sure,

that the bomber's mommy said that she didn't really care whether her little darlings killed Americans or not. Didn't matter to her.

To paraphrase Golda Meir, “We will have peace with the Muslims when they love their children more than they hate us”

Riverman1
Riverman1 04/25/13 - 06:48 am
It's been reported the mother

It's been reported the mother will be arrested soon as she steps on American soil as she and the father come to claim the son's body.

Little Lamb
Little Lamb 04/25/13 - 08:01 am
Rant #3

#3 ranted:

Most who commit serious crimes had no warning signs, never in jail.

I don't think so. Most commit petty crimes before they commit their first serious crime. Also, many (if not most) who commit serious crimes have been in jail before. We have a catch and release incarceration program here in America.

nocnoc
nocnoc 04/25/13 - 08:26 am
Just reviewed a 2012 AC

Just reviewed a 2012 AC Judicial Database
I was surprised to note the statistics for criminal cases that resulted in prison time vs. probation

Riverman1
Riverman1 04/25/13 - 08:27 am
"Sexual Violence"

KSL, that “sexual violence” thing strikes me as odd, too. We all know rape and illegally touching someone are crimes, but other than that what is sexual violence? Explain it to me and make me aware of it.

Humble Angela
Humble Angela 04/25/13 - 08:30 am
No one is stopping you.

8th ranter..... Do you think taxes should be higher? Go ahead....no one is stopping you. Funny how the same people who claim that we should pay more taxes, are not taking the standard deduction on their tax returns. Sounds like they don't really mean it to me.

Humble Angela
Humble Angela 04/25/13 - 08:32 am
Pit bulls?

This just in the news.....a child was brutally murdered by a human being. You must be insane to keep one of these vicious animals in your house. The murderer's parents should go to jail.

Humble Angela
Humble Angela 04/25/13 - 08:39 am
Ban stupid lies....

Leave it to an Obama supporter to even suggest the banning of certain types of speech. Care to list any other Constitutional rights that you feel should be banned? Maybe we should ban anyone who is not a registered Democrat from voting? Sounds reasonable....right?

Little Lamb
Little Lamb 04/25/13 - 08:42 am
Ban stupid lies....

I guess the smart lies are OK to that Obama supporter.

dichotomy
dichotomy 04/25/13 - 08:57 am
"Tell people one thing

"Tell people one thing through the media but telling the truth behind closed doors to other wealthy Americans about how he really felt about the perceived 47 percent."

What he said was that the 47% who don't pay taxes were probably not going to vote for him anyway. A truer statement was never spoken. It certainly was not a lie. If you want to examine lies we can start with what Obama said about Obamacare saving us money and lowering the cost of healthcare and healthcare insurance. A bigger lie was never told. Then we can move on to "if you make less than $250K your taxes will not go up", green energy welfare loans to rich Democrats, Benghazi, a "balanced approach"......actually I cannot remember anything Obama has said that was true.

Humble Angela
Humble Angela 04/25/13 - 08:59 am
I believe the election proved

I believe the election proved that Romney didn't lie about the 47%.

Humble Angela
Humble Angela 04/25/13 - 09:00 am
"I cannot remember anything Obama has said that was true"

How about his promise to fundamentally change America?

justthefacts
justthefacts 04/25/13 - 09:03 am
Sort of, HA

If someone allowed a type of human being with a known history of murdering small children to be left alone with that child. Yeah, it's negligence and child abuse.

seenitB4
seenitB4 04/25/13 - 09:12 am
LOL you are hot today River

He should do a self-portrait making his head real big, but his hands and feet tiny. Those teeny weeny hands and feet may be the key.

Good darn thing YOU don't work for him....hahah

I'm sure you would have some marching orders this am..Too funny!

Humble Angela
Humble Angela 04/25/13 - 09:12 am
How many children did that

How many children did that dog have a history of killing? Are you saying that since some of the dogs have killed, that even those who have done nothing wrong must be treated as if they will do the same? Why would this not apply to people?

seenitB4
seenitB4 04/25/13 - 09:25 am
To this rant

One day we won't be able to stop all the hot heads from coming here & doing their bad deed....they will change our landscape with terror.....then, you will say...

Why didn't they see that coming----why didn't they try to stop them---why did we let that happen......GEEZ PLEASE realize that some would like to see us blown away...blown to bits....THank God we have some hot heads in the US....they might just keep you a breathing human being.

dichotomy
dichotomy 04/25/13 - 09:27 am
HA...."How about his promise

HA...."How about his promise to fundamentally change America?"

Okay HA, you got me with that one :-)

dichotomy
dichotomy 04/25/13 - 09:32 am
Coverying up Incompetence or out of sympathy?

I see that the senior radical muslim sympathizers, Obama and Eric Holder, sent a judge in to read the bomber his rights only 16 hours into the FBI's promised 48 hour questioning period they were promised. The DOJ did not even tell the FBI they were coming. The FBI said they were getting good, useful information until the judge showed up unannounced and that the suspect immediately clammed up when they read him his rights.

There was absolutely no legal reason for this to happen. So what is the administration afraid might come out? Or do they sympathize with the bomber's "cause".

justthefacts
justthefacts 04/25/13 - 09:33 am
Dogs arn't people

Personally, I would error on the side of caution. There are lots of Dog types. Do as you please and live with the possible consequences. I don't pick up hitchhikers. I doubt all hitchhikers are murderers.

seenitB4
seenitB4 04/25/13 - 09:35 am
Makes me smile this am

My yard is bursting with flowers...I wish we had pics on here...

Azaleas---Rhododendrons--Jasmine...etc...love to look -----the fragrance & all makes me happy-happy-happy as the Duck man sayz...

seenitB4
seenitB4 04/25/13 - 09:46 am
Speaking of dogs

This am I saw a dog sobbing at the owner's grave...the saddest video I have seen in a long time....a crying dog....racked with pain...if you have an animal please treat it with kindness...you won't be sorry.

I personally want to snatch Sean's dog...I guess I will have to leave AC when I do that though...:)

Kidding SM....

Humble Angela
Humble Angela 04/25/13 - 09:51 am
I doubt all African Americans

I doubt all African Americans are criminals, let's err on the side of safety, and not trust them either. How absurd is that?

Historic Augusta accused of fraud

The owner of the Goodale House delivered a criminal complaint to the Secretary of State's office accusing Historic Augusta of using his name to win a grant.