Rants & Raves

Comments from readers:

TODAY SO MANY people go to church and because they are all dressed up that everything is fine with God, but you don’t want to help your neighbor and be nice to other people. God is looking at your heart not what kind of clothes and diamonds you have on. God is in my heart, not my clothes or jewelry.

HOW IN THE WORLD can the Bush administration be at fault for all those Democrats who cheated on the test scores in Atlanta? Give me a break.

RANT FOR THE Chronicle if you don’t do a follow-up on the president’s promise to get to the bottom of the Boston bombings. Rep. Joe Wilson said that the president lies. Why don’t you do a story on the many promises this president has made which have turned out to be out-and-out lies?

WHAT’S THE POINT OF watching television in this day and time? There are no movies on there. There are just talk shows and advertisements. Why do you let your child watch that garbage?

LET’S KEEP OUR highway trash free. I spent 45 minutes picking up trash for an absentee landowner recently. There is a $1,000 fine for anyone caught littering.

TO THE FAMILY who has a pack of pit bulls and thinks that is OK, you have a time bomb in your home.

IF PEOPLE WOULD put their garbage in garbage bags and tie the top every time they put it in their trash cans, they would have no trouble with loose garbage falling out when the trucks dump it.

I DON’T KNOW WHY it was so difficult for Congress to pass the gun law requiring background checks. There is nothing difficult about background checks. Don’t vote them back in.

THE OLD SAYING IS “Nero fiddled while Rome burned.” The new saying is: “Obama played golf and went on a million-dollar vacation while terrorists prepared to bomb the Boston Marathon.” God bless America and may God have mercy on the United States of America.

RAVE FOR South Carolina’s new U.S. Sen. Tim Scott. He is proving equally inept as his predecessor.

Riverman1
Riverman1 04/22/13 - 04:33 am
Tim Scott

Oh, you just don’t like Tim Scott because he’s black. This is so easy. I can just accuse them of racism when they criticize Scott. Scott gives me a thrill up my leg and all that. Have I learned well from the libs or what?

Riverman1
Riverman1 04/22/13 - 04:36 am
Title One Funding to be Decreased

I was reading that federal funding for Title One programs will be drastically reduced. Since all of Richmond County schools, but one are in that category, this could be a major hit. Columbia County also has some Title One schools and would be affected.

seenitB4
seenitB4 04/22/13 - 06:54 am
Reese Reeese Reese

Do you know my name....lol

I think MUD is the answer....stars can be so funny sometimes...

seenitB4
seenitB4 04/22/13 - 06:55 am
You are so right about that!

WHAT’S THE POINT OF watching television in this day and time?

Garbage in...day & night.

seenitB4
seenitB4 04/22/13 - 07:00 am
About this rant

What is so difficult about keeping the finger off the trigger unless you are protecting yourself?? Guns won't go away...so stop dreaming....just think about the good folks in Boston this past week.....I dang well would want a way to protect my family at that time...wouldn't you?

seenitB4
seenitB4 04/22/13 - 07:04 am
LET’S KEEP OUR highway trash free

I still say bring the chain gangs back.....give them some exercise & work to do.....let them earn their lunch too......county parks could use the cleaning too.

seenitB4
seenitB4 04/22/13 - 07:07 am
hahah

Where is my stimulating conversation this morning?? :):)

Humble Angela
Humble Angela 04/22/13 - 07:12 am
I wonder how many people who

I wonder how many people who support universal background checks to buy guns, also support universal background checks on those who can authorize the use of military force?

justthefacts
justthefacts 04/22/13 - 07:23 am
Bravos

A rant to Scott Michaux for jinxing the Braves with yesterday's article.

rockymissy1
rockymissy1 04/22/13 - 07:27 am
#6

Some people are so stupid

seenitB4
seenitB4 04/22/13 - 07:34 am
I love it too RA

Maybe some of the oldies on here will too...:)

justthefacts
justthefacts 04/22/13 - 07:37 am
While venting

Let me add the stupid bureaucrats at the FAA to the rant bucket. The FAA is stating that there will be 90 minute delays to flights due to budget cuts. Any competent organization would be making adjustments to compensate for the cuts. But, just to punish the flying public, the FAA is doing nothing. Any decent President would have the head of the FAA in his ofice asking for answers. But, in this case, the President is the biggest problem.

Little Lamb
Little Lamb 04/22/13 - 07:35 am
@ Rant #3

How about all those Obama promises to "focus like a laser" on jobs, jobs, jobs. Then he goes off to Palestine, off to Sandy Hook, off to Boston, lunch with congressmen about gun control, lunch with congressmen about amnesty for illegal aliens.

He lied about the jobs.

CobaltGeorge
CobaltGeorge 04/22/13 - 07:43 am
Good Morning (Movin' on Up [Theme from The Jeffersons]) America.

I'm sorry to leave my offsprings with this sorry message - but - Yes, King SMNCICBHO, the Hammer & Sickle Man has Transformed America and it is very doubtful that it can ever change.
My leaving feelings are with you.

Humble Angela
Humble Angela 04/22/13 - 07:56 am
Doesn't seem that AF1 has a

Doesn't seem that AF1 has a shortage of air traffic controllers to take the President campaigning and golfing.

seenitB4
seenitB4 04/22/13 - 08:33 am
About that gun check vote

Many of them are fellow Democrats, by the way – some of whom are facing re-election soon and feel compelled to do the bidding of their constituents rather than bend to the politically correct pressure in Washington.

That getting elected thingy will change their vote ebbytime.....DC has a few more years ..hahah They want lots more years...

seenitB4
seenitB4 04/22/13 - 08:46 am
A legit question in the AJC today

Should the news media give out so much info on the making of bombs..I wondered that too when I read the ingreds of the Boston bombs....why give this info?

And ...will we have to sign & register for pressure cookers now.....I don't like the dang things ...

dichotomy
dichotomy 04/22/13 - 08:56 am
"WHY it was so difficult for

"WHY it was so difficult for Congress to pass the gun law requiring background checks. "

Well, it's kind of like showing photo ID to vote, or passing a drug test to get welfare, or passing an exam to graduate high school.......WE JUST DON'T WANT TO DO IT BECAUSE IF VIOLATES OUR RIGHTS...........and ours is the only one of those actually spelled out in the Constitution. "shall NOT be infringed"

seenitB4
seenitB4 04/22/13 - 09:14 am
What do ya know....

No surprise here....like we say...the crooks will have guns...laws won't matter.

seenitB4
seenitB4 04/22/13 - 09:31 am
How true & this made me think of the innocents in Boston..

JUst read this from an email....touching...
>>"I had a very special teacher in high school many years ago whose
husband died suddenly of a heart attack. About a week after his death,
she shared some of her insight with a classroom of students. As the
late afternoon sunlight came streaming in through the classroom windows
and the class was nearly over, she moved a few things aside on the edge
of her desk and sat down there.
>>With a gentle look of reflection on her face, she paused and said that
class was over, "but I would like to share with all of you a thought
that is unrelated to class, but which I feel is very important. Each of
us is put here on earth to learn, share, love, appreciate and give of
ourselves. None of us knows when this fantastic experience will end.
It can be taken away at any moment.
>>"Perhaps this is the Power's way of telling us that we must make the
most out of every single day." Her eyes beginning to water, she went
on, "so I would like you all to make me a promise. From now on, on your
way to school, or on your way home, find something beautiful to
notice.
>>"It doesn't have to be something you see; it could be a scent, perhaps
of freshly baked bread wafting out of someone's house, or it could be
the sound of the breeze slightly rustling the leaves in the trees, or
the way the morning light catches one autumn leaf as it falls gently to
the ground. Please look for these things, and cherish them.
For,although it may sound trite to some, these things are the 'stuff'
of life....the little things we are put here on earth to enjoy....the
things we often take for granted."
>>The class was completely quiet. We all picked up our books and filed
out of the room silently. That afternoon, I noticed more things on my
way home from school than I had that whole semester. Every once in a
while, I think of that teacher and remember what an impression she made
on all of us, and I try to appreciate all of those things that
sometimes we overlook.

nfossboss
nfossboss 04/22/13 - 10:05 am
GRU

I, too, got a behavior warning letter from the ASU/GRU athletic director. I assume that he got my name from my Jaguar Club Membership--$60.00. Or maybe from the gym seat that I purchased, $25.00. Oh wait, I know, it must be from the “Meet the Players” fund raiser I attended. I fear the repercussions if I wear my old Jaguar shirt--$15.00. I hope if I yell too loudly that they don’t confiscate my cane.

john
john 04/22/13 - 10:33 am
background checks

It goes to show you that they are really more interested in getting re-elected than doing what they think is the right thing to do. Im so shocked. They vote against it and blame someone else. Mean ole NRA haha.

JJR4548
JJR4548 04/22/13 - 11:21 am
Careless Driving

I guess Aiken Law Enforcement chose not to present a positive path forward regarding the careless driving incident resulting in the death of an individual.....

happychimer
19565
happychimer 04/22/13 - 12:47 pm
Background checks for buying

Background checks for buying guns does not take your guns away, unless you are a felon or have mental problems. I am all for universal background checks. I own a gun. If I decide to buy another one in the future, I would not mind a background check. I have nothing to hide.

Humble Angela
Humble Angela 04/22/13 - 01:24 pm
My problem is letting the

My problem is letting the Government decide what constitutes "mental problems." And just as a conversation starter, are there any other constitutional rights that you would like denied to people with mental problems?

LillyfromtheMills
LillyfromtheMills 04/22/13 - 04:42 pm
Fascism

A word I haven't heard in years. I have been watching foreign flicks while away at the spa :) Turns out roadblocks, etc are forms of fascism. Not good! Now lets all go have a vodka and tunic yuck -

happychimer
19565
happychimer 04/22/13 - 07:34 pm
Angela so you feel that

Angela so you feel that mentally ill people should have guns? I strongly disagree with you, and so do most people.

KSL
KSL 04/22/13 - 07:48 pm
An evil intended government

An evil intended government can turn background checks into an easy step for confiscation. What if the rule makers, as opposed to elected law makers, decide that no person who served in combat will be allowed to own a gun because of potential stress disorder? Or, suppose if you had post partum depression after a child was born ...... Nope you won't be able to own a gun because rules that could be arbitrarily placed in effect. You know what they say about the camel's nose and the tent.

Humble Angela
Humble Angela 04/23/13 - 06:29 am
Happychimer....I just wonder

Happychimer....I just wonder how you deny them SOME rights because of illness, but not other rights?. In large numbers, irrational voting can be even more dangerous than guns, yet no one seems to be wanting to stop the mentally ill from voting.

Christmas Eve rains to dry up

If Wednesday seemed particularly wet and dreary, you would be right. The day broke the record for the wettest Christmas Eve that Augusta has ever had.