Rants & Raves

THEY SHOULD MAKE a video and call it “Government Gone Wild.”

RAVE AND THANK YOU to The Augusta Chronicle for your great coverage of the Masters. I appreciate it very much.

I HAVE A RANT FOR all the people who think things are better under Obama. If you work or live off Social Security, as I do, you would know things are a lot worse. The cost of living is way up ... gas is up; medicine is up ... So tell me what is better.

RAVE TO The Augusta Chronicle. I love how we can have serious debates online and no one knows who you are. I can be debating with someone sitting in my office and would never know. Especially, the “Rants & Raves” that is where I love to “hang out” in the mornings.

WE REALLY SHOULD not be using taxpayer money to pay for any private schooling. People need to pay for it on their own. Where are their tithes going to otherwise?

THAT’S VERY ridiculous belief that religious people should be free of crime. I know plenty of people who “praise the lord” with one breath but can steal and lie like anyone else.

ANTI-SECOND AMENDMENT, anti-gun people claim that the number of times Americans use guns in self-defense tells us we need fewer guns. But that’s a purposefully incorrect take. What counts is that when criminals and criminal politicians KNOW that Joe Citizen is armed, the crooks will not go after them. Thus, the more good guys are armed, the more often bad guys will avoid attacking the good guys. It’s the knowledge that people are armed that stops the bad guys before they even start.

THE FEDS STARTED the Aiken Mox plant eight years ago and it’s only “half-finished.” We were told it would cost $1.7 billion, but now they say up that to $7.7 billion; and now they may abandon the project. Who can invent a better way to steal taxpayer money and throw it away?

ImPOed
ImPOed 04/21/13 - 04:23 am
Everything is way up!

To the person that says everything is way up under the Obama Administration. If medicine and gas and food is all you are concerned about then well you might need to re-evaluate things in your life. There are much bigger fish to fry that haven't gone up.

itsanotherday1
itsanotherday1 04/21/13 - 05:16 am
Sorry po'ed, but I think

Sorry po'ed, but I think senior citizens on fixed income ARE mostly concerned with how they are going to eat and pay for healthcare related expenses. These are the essentials to life.

Riverman1
Riverman1 04/21/13 - 05:22 am
Boundaries?

“SORRY, AIKEN, but we are glad more people visited Augusta areas direct than heading out of the boundaries.”

Boundaries? Huh? Some of the people who come to the Master’s don’t visit Aiken, too? Columbia County does pretty well with Master’s guests, it appears. It seemed the concerts are moving from Richmond County to Columbia Cty. Not every area likes the idea of a thriving gay district downtown and bars open to 5 AM, but if some do, have at it. I don’t think Aiken or Columbia County will go that route.

Riverman1
Riverman1 04/21/13 - 05:35 am
MOX Problems Indicate Deeper Concerns?

With the MOX plant coming and going, cost overruns in the zillions, nuclear waste being shipped here with nowhere to store it, do you ever wonder how well thought out the operations at SRS are? Are rational people running the whole process? Unsettling feeling considering the bad stuff hangs around for a billion years.

Riverman1
Riverman1 04/21/13 - 05:38 am
If there were a video called

If there were a video called "Government Gone Wild" I'd hope they wouldn't pull their T-shirts up.

nocnoc
nocnoc 04/21/13 - 08:30 am
IF you believe that religious people should be free of crime?

Then let me introduce you to a Born Again Used-Car Salesman.

InChristLove
InChristLove 04/21/13 - 08:36 am
I'm stumped on the 5th and

I'm stumped on the 5th and 7th comments. What does tithing have to do with school and seriously, religious people are "crime free"?

Some people are just not right.

Thanks Riverman1 for the 5:38am comment.....need a laugh this morning. Where's Seenit and her jovial self at this morning?

seenitB4
seenitB4 04/21/13 - 08:44 am
hahah ICL

My jovial self went bye bye......so much ugly in the world lately.....yall wouldn't want to read what my mind would say about the bombers....it wouldn't be pc......
I read that he posted after the bombing that he has a stress free life...bet he won't say THAT again!

seenitB4
seenitB4 04/21/13 - 08:46 am
A poster with veeery good taste said...

Give us a clue & we will strive to entertain ya..:)

seenitB4
seenitB4 04/21/13 - 08:50 am
I agree with this

Great job..

CobaltGeorge
CobaltGeorge 04/21/13 - 09:11 am
Good Morning "R&R's" America.

"I love how we can have serious debates online and no one knows who you are."

But--

What is even better is to meet those anonymous people. Some of the nicest people you would like to meet. I have met some that have totally difference views than I do and find them to be really pleasent to be with. I feel that there isn't one commentator on here that I wouldn't enjoy breaking bread, having a beer or conversing with, even my daily TSD point givers.
To many, I'm far from being anonymous. To those that don't, ask, and I will provide Name, Rank and Serial Number without fear.
I live in fear of only the "Snake I Don't See."

CobaltGeorge
CobaltGeorge 04/21/13 - 09:33 am
Good Morning

TSD. I hope your day is fruitful.

dichotomy
dichotomy 04/21/13 - 09:50 am
"The cost of living is way up

"The cost of living is way up ... gas is up; medicine is up"

AND the cost of food is way up. All due to government energy policies and Ethanol....which is bad for cars, drives up the cost of food, and is totally unnecessary since we have plenty of oil and natural gas. Of course the people who are living off of the taxpayers with food stamps, Section 8, and Medicaid don't care since WE are paying all of their bills. They don't care about the elderly living on Social Security and Medicare (which actually has co-pays and deductibles). They will keep voting for more big government that shoves these idiotic policies down our throat.

And oh yeh, now the government wants to hurt the elderly by using the chained CPI to calculate Cost of Living increases in Social Security to "save money". You have NOT heard them talking about limiting increases in Welfare, Section 8, or food stamps. So let's screw the old folks so that they will lose purchasing power every year until they die in poverty. But you can bet the welfare leeches will not be asked to lower their standard of living or go without food or medicine. We will continue to give them totally free medical care, medicines, AND pay them more than folks who actually work for a living and the ones who worked their entire lives and have reached retirement age and are dependent on the Social Security and Medicare WHICH THEY PAID FOR THEIR ENTIRE LIVES.

They say that Social Security and Medicare are the "third rail" in politics. That is not true. The true third rail is WELFARE. The cost of Social Security and Medicare is not what is killing this country. The cost of WELFARE to our attitudes toward self-reliance, backbone, and moral fiber is what is killing this country. We have a significant percentage of our population which is in it's third and fourth generation of having nothing to do but wait for their government welfare direct deposit, smoke dope, and have sex and make babies. These people are the new third rail and the elderly members of the old third rail are now going to be forced to pay their "fair share" to support this new generation of permanent wards of the welfare state.

countyman
19164
countyman 04/21/13 - 10:59 am
Facts

I knew Riverman would respond, because he can't stand for Richmond County to be at the top. The Masters is held in Augusta, and you would expect for Richmond County to reap the overwhelmingly majority of benefits. The comment had nothing to do with Columbia County, and you don't have to bring down Richmond in order to make Columbia seem better.

Please don't confuse one concert in the Rock For Dough(the money still went to First Tee of Augusta) with the multiple regular concerts held during the year.

How many non local concerts have taken place in Columbia County this year excluding the Rock for Dough during Masters week?

The Carrie Underwood concert was just held downtown on April 19th. I think it's hilarious you seem to think everybody is afraid of gay people, or bars closing at 5am. Many people love to place the blame towards certain people on the commission, but alot of the residents in the CSRA are stuck in the past too. I don't think Riverman realizes the LBGT community is responsible for dramatically improving multiple inner city neighborhoods across in the US.

daphne3520
daphne3520 04/21/13 - 11:13 am
Yep! EVERYTHING is,"way up," and as far as

"hanging out," in the Rabts and Raves Section.....Please get your OWN Bulletin Board to "hang out," on there ARE plenty of FREE ones availale. That way, MOST of the INANE "comments," and debates will NOT be in Rants and Raves and, rightfully so!

seenitB4
seenitB4 04/21/13 - 11:30 am
Did we read the same posts countyman

I just didn't get the same impression reading Rms post...anyway

There has been a huge debate or controversy in Buckhead (Atlanta area) about bars opening til 5am or so.....it seems the community just didn't want it..it had nothing to do with gays...they didn't want the noise---music--activity in the wee hours of the morning BECAUSE working folks have to sleep....strange as it may seem but gays have to sleep too.....& about the bedroom communities...they are usually older folks with younguns to raise...most have already been through the bar scene ...the very reason they have kids is because of the bar scene,,hahahah
and if you keep messing around at the bar scene...you could find yourself preg...so watch it!

seenitB4
seenitB4 04/21/13 - 11:33 am
BTW countyman

I am not afraid of gays...I just had a nice supper with 2 of them about a week ago...great conversation & they are very intelligent....probably the most stimulating conversation I have had in months!!
Good ole boy had a nice time too..♥

Riverman1
Riverman1 04/21/13 - 11:45 am
About Countyman's LBGT community.

Nothing wrong with them. Hey, I fantasize about two lesbians and me with whipped cream on top of this strawberry shortcake (I threw in the strawberry shortcake to keep the censors at bay.) I just never heard of a city development person openly seeking to start a LBGT (finally figured out the letters) community. I also never heard a development proponent pushing for the 5 AM CLOSING time for bars.

Riverman1
Riverman1 04/21/13 - 11:54 am
Stimulating?

"...probably the most stimulating conversation I have had in months!!"

Heh, heh, heh. Wish I could have heard it.

seenitB4
seenitB4 04/21/13 - 12:02 pm
hahahah^^^

YOU wouldn't understand that quote...lol

seenitB4
seenitB4 04/21/13 - 12:04 pm
BTW

Good ole boy wasn't as stimulated as much as I was....:):)

Riverman1
Riverman1 04/21/13 - 12:11 pm
Ha...Well, GOB may have been

Ha...Well, GOB may have been thinking on a whole 'nother level.

Riverman1
Riverman1 04/21/13 - 12:18 pm
About this 5 AM Bar Closing Time

Many years ago when I use to work weird schedules some of us would go by this bar that OPENED at 7 AM so they could clean-up and get ready for the day. We had a regular crowd. But I can't imagine CLOSING at 5. I hope the ones left standing by 5 are not pushing the buttons at SRS that day.

seenitB4
seenitB4 04/21/13 - 12:18 pm
Arrested as a woman & jailed as a man....

A transgender woman from New York was visiting Georgia last week when she was arrested for indecent exposure for allegedly exposing her breasts. However, once Ashley Del Valle, who has lived as a woman for two decades, arrived at police facilities, she was determined to be “technically a male” because of her genitalia and she was held in isolated cells in a facility that houses men. Roy Harris, Deputy Chief of the jail, admitted misgendering her, continuing to inaccurately use male pronouns to describe her:

HARRIS: First off, Ashley is still a man. I think he’s had some surgery, breast implants. But technically he is still a male which poses a problem. We do have a policy in place. Typically we put them in isolation. We do take particular caution with inmates such as this. We’re a nationally accredited jail and have a policy for this.

Well now.......this just happened in Georgia....I guess the other news blew it away.....

countyman
19164
countyman 04/21/13 - 12:47 pm
Nightlife

Riverman.. What is a city development person? I don't work for the city of Augusta, and you can talk to people living in the Midtown area of Atlanta who helped start a vibrant gay community.

Seenitb4.... The Buckhead area of Atlanta is similar to Summerville/Forest Hills neighborhoods. The amenities on Kings Way and Monte Sano between Walton Way/Central Avenue don't need to stay open past 10-11pm.

The CBD, Peach Orchard rd, Medical District, Washington rd, Midtown, and the Augusta Exchange can handle later nightlife crowds.

seenitB4
seenitB4 04/21/13 - 12:47 pm
Brainwashing

I think we need to invest more money in that study...why is it so easy to brainwash certain people.....I don't mean just the recent terrorists ...think about it..
Westboro Church folks
David Koresh group
The group in Eatonton Ga...
Many others..I just can't think of the names ....it is interesting to read the cia info on this subject.....some would say that we are all brainwashed about certain things....maybe....but it would be mighty hard for someone to convince me to strap a bomb on myself for glory in another life.....

Little Lamb
Little Lamb 04/21/13 - 12:58 pm
Buckhead

Sorry, Countyman. I used to live in Buckhead. Summerville and Forest Hills are nothing like Buckhead.

seenitB4
seenitB4 04/21/13 - 01:07 pm
It is called the Beverly Hills of the east

Right LLamb....

The Beverly Hills of the East
It has been called "The Beverly Hills of the East." Buckhead is, indeed, an exceptional place. It is a community that shines with vitality and vision. Buckhead is one of the country's largest urban mixed-use development areas, combining major offices, retail outlets, hotels, restaurants, entertainment spots and high-rise residential units within its commercial core. And closely surrounding its bustling business center, beneath a community-wide tree canopy, are serene and stable neighborhoods. Buckhead is a city by every definition except incorporation. Everything is here, and everyone is welcome. It's a great place to visit, to play, to work, to live. It's such a major part of Atlanta that if you don't know Buckhead, you don't know Atlanta!

Some of the most expensive homes in the county are in Buckhead..

BamaMan
BamaMan 04/21/13 - 01:36 pm
dichotomy..

once again, you are SPOT ON!

BamaMan
BamaMan 04/21/13 - 01:50 pm
Proms

Just scanning through some of the pictures of the local proms. While the gowns are elegant, for crying out loud, did these girl's dads see some of them before leaving the house? These are high school girls! WAY too much cleavage and way too much leg. No WAY would a daughter of mine go out looking like that, NEVA

More details in McCormick attack

The McCormick County Sheriff's Office continues to investigate the reported attack on a bicyclist over the weekend, but has yet to find much evidence, a spokesman said Tuesday.