Rants & Raves

Comments from readers:

WITH MANY THANKS and appreciation to the gentleman who paid for our drinks at the Circle K on Wheeler Road. Thank you and God bless you. Your act of kindness has been paid forward.

BEFORE IT IS TOO LATE, somebody in Washington had best realize that we cannot continuously print money and not have disastrous results. Serious inflation is coming; it has already started.

TO THE LIQUOR STORE on Boy Scout Road with the sign touting, “We look down on low-cut blouses,” you’re not as funny as you think you are.

“TOO MUCH LEAD CAN ... mean a lower IQ ... can harm a ... brain ... can reduce intelligence, impair ... behavior...” Often, lead poisoning can develop “in old houses...” How old is the White House?

YOU WRITE OF North Korea’s dictator having “lived his entire life in a house of delusion.” That seems to be a pretty good description of Obama.

THE REPUBLICANS are lying again if they claim they can balance a budget in 10 years. They could cowboy us into more wars to make their millionaires richer, like Bush managed to. Then they can spiral our economy down for years like Bush managed to.

LOCK YOUR CAR UP! Or if a responsible adult of the household really needs it, they need to sign a form agreeing to be responsible for keeping the unlicensed person from getting hold of any key to drive the car. Sign a contract to the city to the effect ... that they would be responsible for paying for any accident victim’s medical expenses, funeral costs, burial plots, etc.

GAY ACTIVITY IS not normal, and if the Supreme Court approves that type of marriage legal for tax purposes then I think I will try to get approval for adoption of my pets as dependents for tax purposes.

ALL PEOPLE WHO support and condone abortion will someday have to face God, too. And I don’t think the outcome will be favorable.

RANTS ABOUT ignorance and upside-down priorities. Front page Chronicle (April 4) top headlines read: Jag’s logo revealed; More women cohabitating; subsidies available ....” Then on the very bottom with small print, “US sends missiles to Guam.” People need to get real about priorities. We are being seriously threatened and nobody cares.

Little Lamb
Little Lamb 04/12/13 - 08:23 pm
Government

At the same time we're sending missiles to Guam to make gunning down our children harder, we're also fashioning drone cameras to make looking down low-cut blouses easier. Go figure.

Riverman1
Riverman1 04/13/13 - 07:36 am
Hey, looking down low cut

Hey, looking down low cut blouses makes the world go round.

Riverman1
Riverman1 04/13/13 - 07:46 am
Jane Fonda

Everytime I see that photo of Jane Fonda, wearing the North Vietnamese helmet, pointing up at American planes from the anti-aircraft gun site, I wish Ted Turner had stampeded the buffalo herd over her.

dstewartsr
20389
dstewartsr 04/13/13 - 07:55 am
Looking down blouses

... the way things are going in the world is probably going to be a crime in coming years. But let me point out that as a man, I am alloted about seven years less lifespan; I figure that being made so much taller that I might be able to do so is merely divine compensation.

seenitB4
seenitB4 04/13/13 - 08:01 am
hahh...kinda naive this am.

with this...
I wish Ted Turner had stampeded the buffalo herd over her.

I read she was on the ranch with Turner but THAT is not what he was doing with her...
BTW...why is it that some glance over his left leanings too....they had a lot in common...but evidently religion wasn't one of them...she believed & he didn't.

dstewartsr
20389
dstewartsr 04/13/13 - 08:01 am
“lived his entire life

... in a house of delusion.” Perhaps that might be said of The Obamessiah (Mmmmm, mmmmm) as well, but I think the mischaracterization that was said of President Bush is more to the point, in that he started on third base and thinks he hit a home run. In the case of The Holy One, he was placed in school, placed in prestigious positions while there without doing the work, elected, elected, and re-elected because of his race --at least half of it-- and thinks he earned it all.

seenitB4
seenitB4 04/13/13 - 08:04 am
Couples is the man

He is one cool dude....I heard a joke that a woman at the Masters said she would marry him & her husband said he would too...lol

Keep it going Couples...don't fade....show JTF you have staying power...:)

CobaltGeorge
CobaltGeorge 04/13/13 - 08:11 am
Boy, Some Of You Are Dirty Old Men!

I rather go to the mall and keep my eyes looking UP.

CobaltGeorge
CobaltGeorge 04/13/13 - 08:13 am
What Would

all these Golf Pro's say if the 14 year old was to walk out with the Green Jacket?

seenitB4
seenitB4 04/13/13 - 08:14 am
hah

“lived his entire life in a house of delusion.”

You could be talking about a few posters too!

Riverman1
Riverman1 04/13/13 - 08:17 am
SeenIt, Ted Turner was a

SeenIt, Ted Turner was a dichotomy. His son went to the Citadel. He grew up in SC and GA and was very conservative at one stage of his life. I look at him as a kind of Libertarian. I'll never forget the party after he won the America's Cup yacht race and got so drunk he fell off his chair at the dinner. They put the camera on his empty place at the table and a hand holding a bottle of liquor suddenly pops up, then Ted, drunk as a skunk. Some character.

seenitB4
seenitB4 04/13/13 - 08:18 am
14 year old with green jacket

Not many happy faces if that happens...he has to pay his dues...walk the walk---talk the talk.....if he keeps slowing down the golfers he won't be there much longer...I heard he was warned 3 times...

InChristLove
InChristLove 04/13/13 - 08:22 am
Pet Peeve!

I'm so tired of signing into the AC and then having to sign into Press+. Isn't there a way that these two can be synced (is that spelled correctly) so you only have to sign in once. It's a pain.

dstewartsr
20389
dstewartsr 04/13/13 - 08:24 am
Something I've always found suspect

... is the way Southerners are always at the bottom of every scale-- at least according to the media with their disdain for all things in flyover country. As one who's been around the country and indeed, the world, I wondered how the stunning differences reported did not jibe with what I was seeing. As it turns out, Northerners are not healthier; they make use of the prime tool of liberalism: They lie.

seenitB4
seenitB4 04/13/13 - 08:25 am
ICL

Riverman1
Riverman1 04/13/13 - 08:27 am
I wonder about that penalty

I wonder about that penalty for the 14 year old. Yeah, I know the rules, but he's young, the language barrier, his first visit, etc. I wonder....but he did make the cut. Amazing.

seenitB4
seenitB4 04/13/13 - 08:32 am
So what are the reasons for this gut-busting turnaround?

stewart...

Good ole boys tell the truth..they consider a gut a badge of honor sorta....anyway I think the south has the best weather & they play outside in the woods & stuff like that..just stuff...yaknow.

nocnoc
nocnoc 04/13/13 - 08:33 am
Lying about balance a budget in 10 years.

It is not a REPUBLICAN thing it is a CONGRESS thing.

Don't you get it?
To balance the budget only means Balance their check book.

It does not mean eliminate the National Debt of $16 Trillion Dollars in 10 years. Of which $8Trillion that have been added in the last 4 years. Plus $1 Trillion more every year to cover Obama-care that it exists, and to cover the 10-12 war cycle we have fallen into since 1940.

A Balance Budget means
for every tax dollar coming in, Congress will have a budget plan that allows it to pay out a dollar to cover their spending habits, pay the interest on the the National Debt and some on the principle amount.
Something many of us have to do everyday.

It is NOT a Republican thing it is Democrat and Republican Congress thing called, buying votes, Pork Rewards and getting rich on the backs of Taxpayers.

The major problem continues to be that their fall back solution has always been heavier taxes to cover their addiction to greater spending.

My problem and their problem is I am Taxed Enough Already (TEA).

Which explains why they slander the TEA Party every chance they get.
The Tea Party is like a national INTERVENTION meeting for them and they don't want to hear the truth.

Riverman1
Riverman1 04/13/13 - 08:37 am
Dstewart, Good Article

Dstewart, great article. I’ve suspected the same thing. If you have a Southern accent they take 50 points off your IQ. Maybe they add 50 lbs. to your weight, too? I remember many years ago many Southern states used to have two SAT tests. Anyone remember what I’m talking about? Let’s just say one was for those who actually were going to college and the other for those who just wanted to take it. The state score I remember was Mississippi scoring higher that most states in the country. Hardly, what we think about them today.

Humble Angela
Humble Angela 04/13/13 - 08:40 am
Hey.....eyes up!

Hey.....eyes up!

InChristLove
InChristLove 04/13/13 - 08:41 am
(SeenitB4) "ICL You are darn

(SeenitB4) "ICL You are darn tooting it is a pain.....enough to make "me" cuss....could you give us a few little cuss words today...it would make my day!!"

Oh I don't know Seenit, my momma has a way of knowing things and even today I fear a bar of soap in her hand.

Humble Angela
Humble Angela 04/13/13 - 08:42 am
Lying about balancing the

Lying about balancing the budget?

At least the budget that the republican's proposed has a plausible way towards balance. Obama's budget just has more spending and more tax hikes. It's like he's not even trying........Oh that's right......seeing as he has never signed a budget, apparently he ISN'T trying.

InChristLove
InChristLove 04/13/13 - 08:45 am
Too pretty a day to be

Too pretty a day to be sitting here on this box.....time to grab some sunshine.

seenitB4
seenitB4 04/13/13 - 08:46 am
Here is what I think about your test taking RM

hahhah...
I said I wouldn't linger longer on here today..I have to buy tomato plants if I want GOB to help me plant them...& I do want him to....but
a personal note to countyman...
I really need some info ...if you can help me find what I need it will worth a gift cert to Bonefish for you..really---honest--mean it...email me through AC....please....I will even be a kinder --gentler poster.....if I can....:):)

Humble Angela
Humble Angela 04/13/13 - 08:46 am
You don't want to see what

You don't want to see what happens to my "whiteness" when it is in direct sunlight. :-)

carcraft
carcraft 04/13/13 - 08:48 am
I know any budget submitted

I know any budget submitted by Republicans will at least work, find a Democratic budge even close to reality?

Humble Angela
Humble Angela 04/13/13 - 08:51 am
Carcraft. What is this

Carcraft. What is this mythical "Democratic budget" you speak of?

(Nice Freudian slip with "Democratic budge", by the way. :-)

nocnoc
nocnoc 04/13/13 - 08:55 am
"sign a form agreeing to be responsible...."

You need to wake up and attend the school of Real Life.
099 remedial classes are offered everyday in many parts of Downtown.

This so Touchy-Feely, PC and sugar coated I am going to have to borrow a Diabetes sugar tester to check if I am safe after reading this?

People will be people and we arrest people every day for breaking a law.
Despite being told most of their life it was wrong.

Some parts of our society will never be more than a
Bad Example used to teach some what is a Good Example.

Raised kids to abide by their words and promises.
Because unless you instill Honor, Responsibility, Respect, Fairness and Integrity in kids, paper is only a neat think to look at on a wall without meaning or adherence.

nocnoc
nocnoc 04/13/13 - 09:04 am
We have 10's of 1000's of Pedestrians

crossing 5 to 6 lanes of Washington Rd during an Major event.
A event that draws 100x's more than any TEA Center scheduled event ever will.

But not one mention in the paper that we need a Pedestrian bridge for the Masters?

Riverman1
Riverman1 04/13/13 - 09:11 am
Tiger Disqualified???

There's a possibility Tiger will be disqualified because of a rule infraction on a drop. The officials are discussing the matter now. After the 14 year old was assessed a one stroke penalty, I suspect the ruling is going to be strict in regards to Tiger. WOW!