Rants & Raves

Comments from readers:

THOSE GREENBRIER students should have gotten more suspension than what they got. They knew better.

RAVE FOR DR. PETER ARMSTRONG at Augusta Vascular Center. My husband was in the emergency room with a swollen foot. He had just had a procedure a few days before. Dr. Armstrong came down and checked on him and gave us peace that he was OK. We need more doctors like you.

I WISH THERE WAS A full page of rants and raves.

RANT TO OUR commissioners for not having an audit of the Augusta Community Development that the misspent $290,000 that the taxpayers have to pay back. Maybe the GBI should investigate.

RAVE FOR THE ARTICLE ON the spending of our three former presidents – nearly $3.7 million at a time when our nation is in such dire financial straits. Would you please give that same attention and front-page coverage to the millions spent by the Obamas on their outlandish vacations?

UH-OH, THE POPO HAVE Tasers. Watch out, my brothers, there will be a rash of tasing going on around here. I guarantee you.

I HAVE LIVED IN North Augusta all my life, and I do not want the stadium here.

RANT TO A LOCAL HARDWARE store. We’re glad you have a dog, but would you mind keeping him inside so he won’t bark 24/7. He is making people crazy.

TO THE RESTAURANT IN Grovetown, please fix your sewage. Who wants to come in and eat when you have sewage running in front of your restaurant?

TO THE GREENBRIER soccer player who said he lost all respect for the school board. The one thing he is not realizing is that the entire community has lost respect for those boys.

I LOVE THE SERVICE I receive from Weenie at Wells Fargo at Evans Crossing. Her pleasant attitude and friendly service is wonderful and, I’m certain, a kind one to have in the workplace! I can tell she positively affects others she works with and they have a good time.

WHY CAN’T THE BOYS who torched the abandoned church on Marks Church Road be required to finish demolishing it? This is an eyesore to many.

dstewartsr
20389
dstewartsr 04/12/13 - 03:50 pm
"Be happy The POPO have Tasers..."

On one hand, yes. If it keeps the police from having to wrestle some hyped-up do-badder, good thing. If it prevents some who dearly deserve to be shot from that laudable end, I suppose take the good with the bad.

ColdBeerBoiledPeanuts
ColdBeerBoiledPeanuts 04/12/13 - 04:25 pm
Mixed use.

Let's look at history in Augusta, say the area along Skinner Mill Rd. The apartments and crime rate there now versus 20 years ago. Or the area behind the Washington Rd Red Lobster now versus 20 years ago. Both are now havens for Baby Mama's and Crack Daddys!! What makes you think that as these so called mixed use areas age they won't become the haven for people just like the ones I've mentioned. And not just these, there are dozens of examples in Richmond County. There's just not enough space to list it here@!

nocnoc
nocnoc 04/12/13 - 05:00 pm
Why haven't we heard about

The Philadelphia abortion clinic horrors and trial?

Why haven't we seen or heard of the case in the NEWS or AC covering this murderer even by abortion clinic standards?

At least there is a murder trial in progress for this Late Term abortion doctor underway.

Based on witnesses many claims about late term abortions, made by Planned Parenthood are being shown to be lies.

But way so little coverage WHY?

CobaltGeorge
CobaltGeorge 04/12/13 - 05:21 pm
Countyman 1:11 pm

"Please show me anything where mixed-use developments bring crime? Especially since the majority are built in existing nice areas."

I think CBBP showed you the facts without crossing over the PC line. You just can't fact the truth, can you?

dstewartsr
20389
dstewartsr 04/12/13 - 05:22 pm
"... But way so little coverage WHY?"

Because it does not fit the narrative of the Left. Therefore, it is probably not happening. Only those right-wing extremist nutjobs are keeping the story alive in the blogosphere.

Duh.

Darby
Darby 04/12/13 - 05:39 pm
"If it prevents some who dearly deserve

to be shot from that laudable end, I suppose take the good with the bad."

Now be nice... You might give all us gun nuts and law and order fanatics a bad reputation.

seenitB4
seenitB4 04/12/13 - 06:17 pm
Live-work-play-shop

This is an example of a complex that does work...keep in mind ..the homes are expensive & there are no freebies in the complex..nice fountain---nice walking park---stage for music/plays etc....many nice shops & upscale neighborhoods all around..

seenitB4
seenitB4 04/12/13 - 06:23 pm
What makes the difference

I think it all boils down to where you place the complex....& who is in charge of development & decision making..need I say more..

countyman
19527
countyman 04/12/13 - 08:29 pm
Usual suspects

The same few people who live in Columbia County always complain about Richmond County.

I can't debate against people who are comparing single apartment complexes built decades ago versus mixed-use developments. Riverman even tried to bring up wealthier counties, but West Augusta is richer than his own residential area(Martinez).

Mixed-use= Hotels, condos, white collar office jobs, restaurants, coffee shops, retail, etc.

Some mixed-use developments include condos instead of apartments. The residents of Hillcreek didn't want an single apartment complex, but have no problem with the original zoning(office buildings).

The Brigham Woods apartments on Skinner Mill road cost between $900-$1,000 for a one bedroom. It's amazing CCBP lives in Columbia County, but can tell you where all the baby mama's live.

Nobody is going to believe crack is on Skinner Mill road or Washington rd.

seenitB4
seenitB4 04/12/13 - 08:47 pm
countyman

coldbeer can speak for himself but I am 90% sure he is not in Columbia county.....& I am 90% sure he knows a lot about RCSO....& I think crack is everyhere...even Washington Rd....butI do understand what you are saying about mixed use....but to be honest...you & I both know that a complex like that won't be built..let us say at the corner of Lumpkin & Deans Bridge Rd for obvious reasons...they prosper in certain areas....gotta go now......goodnight..

seenitB4
seenitB4 04/12/13 - 08:50 pm
Also

This week I bet you can find any drug you could possibly want on Washington Rd.....as a matter of fact in some of the best neighborhoods in the CSRA....:)

Gage Creed
Gage Creed 04/12/13 - 09:05 pm
Ever hear of Knights Inn...

Ever hear of Knights Inn...

Gage Creed
Gage Creed 04/12/13 - 09:14 pm
Or possibly Wayne Eggins?

Or possibly Wayne Eggins? Probably like to forget that name from Skinner Mill Road I bet.