Rants & Raves

Comments from readers:

THOSE GREENBRIER students should have gotten more suspension than what they got. They knew better.

RAVE FOR DR. PETER ARMSTRONG at Augusta Vascular Center. My husband was in the emergency room with a swollen foot. He had just had a procedure a few days before. Dr. Armstrong came down and checked on him and gave us peace that he was OK. We need more doctors like you.

I WISH THERE WAS A full page of rants and raves.

RANT TO OUR commissioners for not having an audit of the Augusta Community Development that the misspent $290,000 that the taxpayers have to pay back. Maybe the GBI should investigate.

RAVE FOR THE ARTICLE ON the spending of our three former presidents – nearly $3.7 million at a time when our nation is in such dire financial straits. Would you please give that same attention and front-page coverage to the millions spent by the Obamas on their outlandish vacations?

UH-OH, THE POPO HAVE Tasers. Watch out, my brothers, there will be a rash of tasing going on around here. I guarantee you.

I HAVE LIVED IN North Augusta all my life, and I do not want the stadium here.

RANT TO A LOCAL HARDWARE store. We’re glad you have a dog, but would you mind keeping him inside so he won’t bark 24/7. He is making people crazy.

TO THE RESTAURANT IN Grovetown, please fix your sewage. Who wants to come in and eat when you have sewage running in front of your restaurant?

TO THE GREENBRIER soccer player who said he lost all respect for the school board. The one thing he is not realizing is that the entire community has lost respect for those boys.

I LOVE THE SERVICE I receive from Weenie at Wells Fargo at Evans Crossing. Her pleasant attitude and friendly service is wonderful and, I’m certain, a kind one to have in the workplace! I can tell she positively affects others she works with and they have a good time.

WHY CAN’T THE BOYS who torched the abandoned church on Marks Church Road be required to finish demolishing it? This is an eyesore to many.

seenitB4
seenitB4 04/11/13 - 06:57 pm
Maybe Sean needs to consider that..

I WISH THERE WAS A full page of rants and raves.

justthefacts
justthefacts 04/11/13 - 08:49 pm
Shameful

"Democrats are Blocking Resolution to Honor Lady Thatcher"

dstewartsr
20394
dstewartsr 04/11/13 - 08:52 pm
"... GREENBRIER students

... should have gotten more ... than what they got."

Yup; obviously those teens have not lead the perfect life you have. By the way, I'm a bit short this month; could you turn this case of Dasani into some Sangiovese?

dstewartsr
20394
dstewartsr 04/11/13 - 08:54 pm
" ... A full page of rants and raves."?

... Not if they'd be like today's.

dstewartsr
20394
dstewartsr 04/11/13 - 08:57 pm
"... Maybe the GBI should investigate."

When it comes to police and government criminals, GBI is an acronym for, "Guaranteed Bar to Indictment." One of only two institutions that make the TSA look competent.

countyman
countyman 04/11/13 - 11:12 pm
Augusta Exchange

I believe the abandoned church might be demolished, because of the future Residence Inn by Marriott. The address of the new hotel is 1110 Marks Church road.

The Augusta Exchange is the closes thing in the metro to becoming an edge city(residential, office parks, retail, foot traffic, restaurants, mid rises, etc in a dense/compact suburban area). It seems all of the empty land in/around the Augusta Exchange is disappearing very fast. Wonderful opportunity along Wheeler rd in front of Doctors Hospital, and near I-20 for mix-used developments to increase the foot traffic.

Riverman1
Riverman1 04/12/13 - 06:21 am
A name like "Weenie" reminds

No offense to the lady, but a name like "Weenie" reminds me of the song, A Boy Named Sue.

About the new tasers, maybe we can get a story on the first person tased in Augusta. The tasee.

Riverman1
Riverman1 04/12/13 - 06:42 am
About the $290,000 misspent

About the $290,000 misspent in Augusta, that's in the loose change drawer around here and apparently doesn't have to be accounted for.

ColdBeerBoiledPeanuts
ColdBeerBoiledPeanuts 04/12/13 - 07:12 am
Wonderful opportunity along Wheeler rd in front of Doctors Hospi

Yes, that's just what that area needs, let's build mixed use there to drive down the values of the homes people already have in the area and make it just a quick walk in the park for the Gimme crowd to increase the crime rate there. Yes, talk mixed use to the residents and business owners there and I'm sure they'd love to hammer you into the ground like a fence post!!

seenitB4
seenitB4 04/12/13 - 07:12 am
Soo funny

I just read that MSNBC says they are a liberal station..heh heh..wow...did they THINK we didn't know THAT!!

They also said that their hosts are brilliant...now....that is something I didn't know...lol...Zell Miller would disagree with that brilliant part..:)

seenitB4
seenitB4 04/12/13 - 07:22 am
You are so right coldbeer..about this quote

I'm sure they'd love to hammer you into the ground like a fence post!!

There are some beautiful & clean neighborhoods in the Wheeler Rd area.....I can't think of anyone saying.."Dang, I wish we had more foot traffic around here."

seenitB4
seenitB4 04/12/13 - 07:31 am
Just thinking..

If the foot traffic was added you would see a lot of gated enclosures pop up...
Then we wouldn't be able to see the wonderful flowers--shrubs & well kept yards .....Augusta is beautiful this time of year...... I would say it is breath taking .....the pics of the Masters make me so proud that Augusta is my home...

Riverman1
Riverman1 04/12/13 - 07:31 am
Columbia County strictly

Columbia County strictly limits new apartments. Richmond County welcomes them. Pros and cons I suppose.

itsanotherday1
itsanotherday1 04/12/13 - 07:39 am
#1

So tell me now; if you want to hand down "hard time" for misbehavior on an overnight school trip, what punishment do you see for more egregious offenses?

CobaltGeorge
CobaltGeorge 04/12/13 - 07:57 am
Good Morning "Liberal Socialist Government Controlled " America.

We are all aware that HLS and FEMA purchased a massive amount of ammunition (even hollow point) using billions of taxpayers dollars to prevent sale of ammo to the American citizens.

WWW.Wallyfinder.com was a site that informed the American citizens of all the US stores that sold ammo, date of delivery, amount and what cal. ammo was being delivered.

Will guess what....

Yesterday, The America King SMNCICBHO, the Hammer & Sickle Man, associate thugs and turn coat Republicans closed down this site due to "Domain violation".

You think you are living in a Free Country....Forget It!

Some of you are commenting on Tasers, well let the first one die for being tased, just say goodbye to them too.

CobaltGeorge
CobaltGeorge 04/12/13 - 08:04 am
Speaking Of Turn Coat Republicans

Thanks to RM yesterday, These are a few....

Republicans who voted with Democrats to proceed: 16
Lamar Alexander (R-Tenn.); Kelly Ayotte (R-N.H.); Richard Burr (R-N.C.); Saxby Chambliss (R-Ga.); Tom Coburn (R-Okla.); Susan Collins (R-Maine); Bob Corker (R-Tenn.); Jeff Flake (R-Ariz.); Lindsey Graham (R-S.C.); Dean Heller (R-Nev.); John Hoeven (R-N.D.); Johnny Isakson (R-Ga.); Mark Kirk (R-Ill.); John McCain (R-Ariz.); Patrick Toomey (R-Pa.); Roger Wicker (R-Miss.)

seenitB4
seenitB4 04/12/13 - 08:26 am
Yes RA...you have my # :)

The sun is out & mighty bright---the rain washed the pollen back---everything is fresh & clean .....I feel good...like James Brown said...I feel spunky too....hahaha....just like I did when I was 32 years old...heh..
I'm going to enjoy the weather--flowers--yards--& the Masters later today.....I see Couples is in the top for right now...pleeeze make my day Couples & stay there....Couples-Bubba-Tiger......perfect ending...just like that 1-2-3....see yall later ...♥♥

CobaltGeorge
CobaltGeorge 04/12/13 - 08:47 am
Yes B4

I am living for her but I also wanted to die living for my offsprings. They will never know what REAL living is like.Those days and memories will die with my generation.

nocnoc
nocnoc 04/12/13 - 10:06 am
Be happy The POPO have Tasers.

After speaking with 2 different RCSO Deputies, they tell me that the Tasers have already saved criminals a few times, from getting shot.

More importantly they have saved our RCSO Deputies from having to physically engage violators to bring the situation quickly under control.

The added plus is RCSO Deputies, by just warning that they are about to use a Taser, have stopped many a idiot in their tracks.

It seems, Nobody wants to be seen wetting or soiling their Pants while doing the funky chicken.

Humble Angela
Humble Angela 04/12/13 - 10:42 am
acronym

Acronym: Noun. A word formed from the initial letters of other words.

GBI is NOT an acronym....unless someone could tell me how to pronounce the "word" gbi.

harley_52
harley_52 04/12/13 - 10:49 am
Gibby?

Gibby?

harley_52
harley_52 04/12/13 - 10:49 am
Lady Named "Weenie".....

I'll bet she caught heck in High School.

Little Lamb
Little Lamb 04/12/13 - 11:05 am
Name

I'm guessing that "Weenie" is a childhood affectionate nickname for Edwina.

allhans
allhans 04/12/13 - 11:16 am
I worked with a girl

I worked with a girl called
Weenie at a bank in Jacksonville. She was Syrian and people had trouble with her given name. Her family here made a deal with her family back home and her first cousin came to Jax and married her (after she had a nose and chin job) she looked gorgeous.

countyman
countyman 04/12/13 - 12:11 pm
Please travel more

I think some people must be confusing mixed-use with mixed-income. Please show me anything where mixed-use developments bring crime? Especially since the majority are built in existing nice areas.

The definition of mixed-use equals residential(condos/ townhomes/partments), jobs, retail, businesses, etc in one compact area...

I also know plenty of residents along Wheeler rd, and they would love to see increase foot traffic. The majority of people living in this part of Wheeler road are not older residents.

I also wish people would do their research before responding too my comments. I clearly said the Wheeler rd area near I-20, and not the mostly residential area between Walton Way Extension and Aumond.

countyman
countyman 04/12/13 - 12:37 pm
Spin and more spin

I find it hilarious developers are moving away from the traditional malls, and focusing on mixed-use developments.

Some people want use to believe the residents/businesses owners of West Augusta don't want one. Yet, Alpharetta(more upscale compared to their Martinez or Evans) is opening a new mixed-use development named Avalon.

It's also funny how Columbia County is trying to create live, work, and play sites(Marshall Square & Evans Town Park). I didn't hear anything negative from the residents of Columbia County before today, but now it's a problem for Wheeler rd.

Do you really believe this will help attract crime and the gimme crowd to Alpharetta lol?

seenitB4
seenitB4 04/12/13 - 01:05 pm
countyman

Thank ya thankya ....you don't have any idea how much that info. on Alpharetta has helped me....& you could be right--I might misunderstand you at times......I will work on that.....do you have any info on Roswell mixed-use projects right at hy9 & the court house complex & library?
Thanks

Gage Creed
Gage Creed 04/12/13 - 03:00 pm
I guess Countyman has

I guess Countyman has forgotten about the Hillcreek homeowners association.... and their fight against the apartments on Augusta West Parkway. We all know that some folks never let facts get in the way of a good sales opportunity.

Riverman1
Riverman1 04/12/13 - 03:49 pm
The truth is it's the

The truth is it's the demographics of an area, specifically the income level, that makes any type of housing desirable or not. Apartment complexes in poorer counties will have different residents and results than those in wealthier counties. Incidentally, the Marshall Square apartments are only for residents over 55.