Rants & Raves

Comments from readers:

EXERCISE MAY BE good for the soul but walking to the Alternative School from Hephzibah and other outlying areas is rather impractical (and possibly dangerous). The parents may need to get creative but, walking to the Alternative School is not a good option for many of the Alternative School students.

OBAMA SAYS he’s lowered taxes on the middle class. This is the first year I haven’t had to pay extra tax since he’s been in office. Just a bit of background: I’m a teacher; I’ve had nine furlough days each year he’s been in office; and I’ve paid extra federal taxes each of the previous years. Why no extra taxes this year? I had $14,000 in medical expenses during 2012. I’m getting a whopping $85 back from the federal government. Thanks, Obama. I hope our country survives until the 2014 and 2016 elections.

THANKS TO THE young man who sat by me at the Steak ‘n Shake on for paying for my lunch. I am 85 years old; and that is the first time that has ever happened to me. It was a great surprise, Thank You.

SOUTH CAROLINA’S Gowdy and Graham pretend the U.S. needs illegal immigrant laborers, so they have turned from the Constitution. Are they flipping to try to save a gutless Republican Party? For farm labor, Gowdy and Graham must end the long list of welfare programs so Americans now on the dole can gain self-respect by learning how to work – on a farm.

‘PROGRESS’ IS NOT wasting money. But GA Regents U. is blowing $1.2 MILLION to fix up two old buildings that may need some help but surely not over half a million per building while taxpayers are strapped. Is this more of the Azziz destruction plan?

OBAMA AND HIS handpicked mayor of Chicago can’t take care of that city much less the entire country!

IF OUR COMMISSIONERS really want to do something that would help our community, pass a city ordinance to make people pull up their pants. I am tired of looking at their rear ends. Make them pay a $100 fine.

I SECOND THE RANT to Georgia Internal Revenue Service. Everyone does not have a computer in order to get the forms to file Georgia tax.

TODAY I LEARNED that Saxby Chambliss and John Barrow have nothing to do with the VA Hospital. They are politicians.

Little Lamb
Little Lamb 04/11/13 - 11:29 am
Eyes

SeenItB4 asked:

....the woman said she did not undress.....she still has her job.......well now.....without proof how will we ever know..

The old 60s song said, “The night has a thousand eyes.”

daphne3520
daphne3520 04/11/13 - 12:54 pm
Riverman1
Riverman1 04/11/13 - 02:58 pm
Gun Control Vote: Note Chambliss, Isakson and Graham

Republicans who voted with Democrats to proceed: 16
Lamar Alexander (R-Tenn.); Kelly Ayotte (R-N.H.); Richard Burr (R-N.C.); Saxby Chambliss (R-Ga.); Tom Coburn (R-Okla.); Susan Collins (R-Maine); Bob Corker (R-Tenn.); Jeff Flake (R-Ariz.); Lindsey Graham (R-S.C.); Dean Heller (R-Nev.); John Hoeven (R-N.D.); Johnny Isakson (R-Ga.); Mark Kirk (R-Ill.); John McCain (R-Ariz.); Patrick Toomey (R-Pa.); Roger Wicker (R-Miss.)

Riverman1
Riverman1 04/11/13 - 03:02 pm
I Got It!!!

What happens in Augusta during the Masters, stays in Augusta. Just let me be part of the happening. Actually, I could tell y'all lots about the Maxim party last night, but I'm not going to until y'all beg.

Red Headed Step Child
Red Headed Step Child 04/11/13 - 03:12 pm
@Riverman1

You tease...

Riverman1
Riverman1 04/11/13 - 03:13 pm
Arrest Next Week?...Wonder

Arrest Next Week?...Wonder Who?

Little Lamb
Little Lamb 04/11/13 - 03:23 pm
Speeding

Last year it was one of the pros picked up for going around ninety mph through Springfield.

Riverman1
Riverman1 04/11/13 - 03:37 pm
Those uppity Maxim folks

Those uppity Maxim folks asked me what I DID and I told them I was into timber and fishing. They thought I owned ships and thousands of acres. Little did they know, I use my Poulan chain saw on a few trees, catch a few fish and feel important when I get the dentist at Westlake to say hello to me before he turns on the drill. The thing is the women at that party were into Botox so much I couldn't tell if they were smiling or mad at what I said...and I said lots.

justthefacts
justthefacts 04/11/13 - 03:38 pm
ha

I am reminded of something in a punch bowl....

seenitB4
seenitB4 04/11/13 - 03:39 pm
MUMMMM

If someone on here blabs about Berckman's Place ..their goose will be cooked!
Don't even "think" about it.

Riverman1
Riverman1 04/11/13 - 03:40 pm
Somebody BIG is going to jail

Somebody BIG is going to jail next week. That's all I'm (and others) are privileged to. I kind of like it when someone important goes to jail, it reinforces my paying attention to the tax and other laws.

seenitB4
seenitB4 04/11/13 - 03:42 pm
Koolaid

Put down the koolaid & step away from the bar..♥

seenitB4
seenitB4 04/11/13 - 03:47 pm
JTF says

I am reminded of something in a punch bowl....

and I am reminded of a small swimming pool with nekkid folks.....feeling free as a breeze---drunk as a skunk!

gotta go B4 trouble hits.....I don't mean weather either..

dstewartsr
20389
dstewartsr 04/11/13 - 03:59 pm
Sagging pants

... are good in many ways; no way to stick a gun in a sagging waistband; no way to kick, or even run, in them. As for me, I must eschew sagging britches as most of the time I 'go commando'.

No one wants to see THAT!

seenitB4
seenitB4 04/11/13 - 06:36 pm
dichotomy
dichotomy 04/11/13 - 09:12 pm
"Have enough of us reach the

"Have enough of us reach the point where Federal spoon feeding is better than our guaranteed freedoms?"

You betcha. The takers outnumber the payers. It's a recipe for disaster.......

Georgia to monitor potential Ebola travelers

The new screening comes on the heels of a decision to funnel all of the travelers from Guinea, Liberia and Sierra Leone to one of five airports where CDC and airports are conducting enhanced ...