Rants & Raves

Comments from readers:

EXERCISE MAY BE good for the soul but walking to the Alternative School from Hephzibah and other outlying areas is rather impractical (and possibly dangerous). The parents may need to get creative but, walking to the Alternative School is not a good option for many of the Alternative School students.

OBAMA SAYS he’s lowered taxes on the middle class. This is the first year I haven’t had to pay extra tax since he’s been in office. Just a bit of background: I’m a teacher; I’ve had nine furlough days each year he’s been in office; and I’ve paid extra federal taxes each of the previous years. Why no extra taxes this year? I had $14,000 in medical expenses during 2012. I’m getting a whopping $85 back from the federal government. Thanks, Obama. I hope our country survives until the 2014 and 2016 elections.

THANKS TO THE young man who sat by me at the Steak ‘n Shake on for paying for my lunch. I am 85 years old; and that is the first time that has ever happened to me. It was a great surprise, Thank You.

SOUTH CAROLINA’S Gowdy and Graham pretend the U.S. needs illegal immigrant laborers, so they have turned from the Constitution. Are they flipping to try to save a gutless Republican Party? For farm labor, Gowdy and Graham must end the long list of welfare programs so Americans now on the dole can gain self-respect by learning how to work – on a farm.

‘PROGRESS’ IS NOT wasting money. But GA Regents U. is blowing $1.2 MILLION to fix up two old buildings that may need some help but surely not over half a million per building while taxpayers are strapped. Is this more of the Azziz destruction plan?

OBAMA AND HIS handpicked mayor of Chicago can’t take care of that city much less the entire country!

IF OUR COMMISSIONERS really want to do something that would help our community, pass a city ordinance to make people pull up their pants. I am tired of looking at their rear ends. Make them pay a $100 fine.

I SECOND THE RANT to Georgia Internal Revenue Service. Everyone does not have a computer in order to get the forms to file Georgia tax.

TODAY I LEARNED that Saxby Chambliss and John Barrow have nothing to do with the VA Hospital. They are politicians.

bumblebeerose
bumblebeerose 04/11/13 - 12:12 am
So right on the PANTS

They really need to pull up their pants. I do not want to see your underwear. It is just nasty!!!!!

nocnoc
nocnoc 04/11/13 - 05:23 am
Pull them up or whip out

the wallet to paid a fine.

This fashion is detrimental to the efforts of the Black community to improve its image.

Where is Jesse, Al, Willy, & Felony?
Where are the preachers?
Where are the Black community leaders?

nocnoc
nocnoc 04/11/13 - 05:33 am
RAVE & best wishes to the

Store clerks in Chicago that fought off 2 armed robbers.

They used bats and merchandise to fight off 2 armed robbers. Who fire 9 shots and still came back to finish the job and failed to kill the owner.

Yep! Gun Control in the Windy City sure is NOT working.

Imagine if they had a store defense tool (hand gun).
BUT NO you can't, because in Chicago it is illegal, so only criminals have the handguns not honest citizens trying to EARN the dollar these tried to steal.

seenitB4
seenitB4 04/11/13 - 05:35 am
1st thing I want to say is...

A HUGE THANK YOU TO THE GWINNETT COUNTY POLICE...

They did a fantastic job in a deadly situation...the firemen will live & go home to their folks....this is sad & tragic but the Police did what they had to do...I will have to say...these guys don't mess around...when these incidents happen it makes you realize how important it is to support your police & fire department.......they have my respect 100%.

seenitB4
seenitB4 04/11/13 - 06:17 am
Many of the seniors are upset over this

Kinda crazy & just makes it tough on older folks.......try the senior centers in your area...some have forms..

seenitB4
seenitB4 04/11/13 - 06:19 am
Get a carpool going then...

Behave & you wouldn't have this problem.

seenitB4
seenitB4 04/11/13 - 06:21 am
To this rant

We could just jerk the pants down to the ground.......& spray paint their hiney...:)

RoadkiII
RoadkiII 04/11/13 - 06:39 am
Suspenders

I have lost weight over the last year or so. YEAH ME! As a result my pants and belt no longer fit. So I bought suspenders to keep my butt from hanging out. They may not be the coolest fashion statement ever but no one knows whether I wear boxers, briefs, or neither. Maybe we could get an ordnance passed banning sagging. Punishment when caught would be to wear Sponge Bob suspenders for the next year.

RoadkiII
RoadkiII 04/11/13 - 06:43 am
GO GET 'EM Phil

That's about all I have to say about a certain event in the area.

seenitB4
seenitB4 04/11/13 - 06:47 am
Conn will lose jobs

Gun makers are fed up with new laws...(thanks you know who for this)

seenitB4
seenitB4 04/11/13 - 06:49 am
Suspenders

I like them RK....bring Larry King back!!

Send P Morgan back to his home .....please

palmetto1008
palmetto1008 04/11/13 - 07:09 am
Fashion Police: My

Fashion Police: My grandfather would have banned the cut-off shorts that I and most of my generation wore and I would have banned his old-school hats and the rubbers he wore over his shoes.
Offended by saggin' pants?? Stop lookin'.

seenitB4
seenitB4 04/11/13 - 07:11 am
Taking care of Chicago??

Have you ever heard of the phrase...Too Far Gone...

CobaltGeorge
CobaltGeorge 04/11/13 - 07:41 am
Good Morning America

This humor should cover both personality sides of the R&R's today.

Reminds you of some of our posters, right?

seenitB4
seenitB4 04/11/13 - 08:18 am
palmetto said...

Offended by saggin' pants?? Stop lookin'.

Nope...I'm offended by bare fannys fanning in the breeze......just thinking ..they wouldn't last 30 seconds at the National.

itsanotherday1
itsanotherday1 04/11/13 - 08:18 am
@palmetto

I hope you see the difference between drawers and hats.

LillyfromtheMills
LillyfromtheMills 04/11/13 - 08:49 am
Tx CG

Funny!

Humble Angela
Humble Angela 04/11/13 - 09:16 am
While I think it looks quite

While I think it looks quite stupid, as long as they have their butt covered (and they almost always do) what difference does it make if it's boxers, briefs, or blue jeans that are covering it?

Riverman1
Riverman1 04/11/13 - 09:59 am
Black guys kind of set the

Black guys kind of set the fashion trend. Baseball caps on backwards, long shorts and so on. I see even old white guys wearing their hats backwards. If I see grandpa with his drawers out and pants down I won't know if he is getting senile or just being stylish.

rockymissy1
rockymissy1 04/11/13 - 10:01 am
Why is it that we live in a

Why is it that we live in a country in which you have to get your parents' permission to go on a school field trip or take an aspren at school...., but you do not need permission to get an aborition??? We live in a country ran by idiots!!

rockymissy1
rockymissy1 04/16/13 - 02:05 pm
Riverman1
Riverman1 04/11/13 - 10:11 am
Okay, I bet we have all kinds

Okay, I bet we have all kinds of tourists reading our comments this week. I want to say something they can take home with them, but I can't think of anything. Watching the Golf Channel, it's interesting with people trying to get on camera behind the commentators.

seenitB4
seenitB4 04/11/13 - 10:13 am
Skinny dip costs 2 ag jobs

2 top officials with the state Dept of Agriculture have resigned after a former employee complained the pair led a drunken fraternity party during an agency training session that ended up at a south Georgia resort......it seems some had a skinny dipping party in the lake...kinda--sorta..well maybe....the woman said she did not undress.....she still has her job.......well now.....without proof how will we ever know.....amazing how gossip gets around town...dang TATTLETALES...

now off to buy flowers....seeya

seenitB4
seenitB4 04/11/13 - 10:15 am
amazing if RM is at a lost for words

Give it a few minutes....knowing you...you will think of something for them to take home with them.....

hahah

seenitB4
seenitB4 04/11/13 - 10:23 am
Money is in Augusta

WOW..Must be great when some rent cabin in back of big house just for the chef.....own maids......party time is in Augusta....just watch the skinny dipping & don't bring any tattletales withya..♥

Riverman1
Riverman1 04/11/13 - 10:32 am
Now I know why J.B. Powell

Now I know why J.B. Powell ran for Commissioner of Agriculture.

CobaltGeorge
CobaltGeorge 04/11/13 - 10:54 am
RM

One thing you might want to tell the visitors is "Do Not Take Any Sand From The Traps Home With Them"

Riverman1
Riverman1 04/11/13 - 11:00 am
George, I was thinking along

George, I was thinking along those lines, too. If you get any sand in your eyes, you'd best leave it alone.

nocnoc
nocnoc 04/11/13 - 11:37 am
Where do our 2 GA US Senators

Where do our 2 GA US Senators stand on the Gun control filibuster?

Well my Republican county delegate Sister called to check.

NEITHER ONE of our 2 GA US Senators support the Proposed filibuster that is to be used to Block the vote of democrat majority and keep them from bringing their over the top gun ban and laws to a panic vote.

NEITHER ONE seems to have a problem allowing a vote?
A vote which violates the US Constitution.

What is the Social-Democrat end game?

Is it like Gun Controls pass by other countries with disastrous results?

USSR 1920-1989?
Cuba -1960----->?
Iraq 1954 --->?
Germany 1934----1950?
China 1948 --->?
to name only a few countries.

Each passed their bans and each killed millions upon millions of their unarmed citizens in the name of a "Better Government", "Change" and moving "Forward".

Have enough of us reach the point where Federal spoon feeding is better than our guaranteed freedoms?