Rants & Raves

SHAME ON THOSE DOG OWNERS who did not pick up their dog poop. That’s required if you are going to go around the downtown area. Better not try that poop abandonment act around Augusta Common or First Saturday!

HOW WASTEFUL OF THOSE GRU higher-ups to buy up to $33,000 per desk type of furniture! Is this why they have such high student fees? That’s disgusting.

THE REPUBLICANS HAD BETTER not touch my Social Security or Medicare unless they refund every penny I’ve ever put in to those systems. That’s only fair. I have been saving quite conservatively on my own in my bank accounts, IRAs, etc. and can do so with *all* my monies. I’m not paying for Republican porks or perks or discounts to millionaire oil barons and businessmen.

YES, THE CATHOLIC CHURCH has had some horrible scandals and there is no excuse. However, the level to which the media has allowed the disgusting and disrespectful comments to continue at every level is really inexcusable, from the pope to the traditions. Even Pat Robertson and the Grahams make fun of Catholicism which is unacceptable.

NEXT ELECTION, VOTE out the entire Blythe City Council and especially the mayor. They haven’t done a single thing since they been in office. We still don’t have any sidewalks for our children to walk on, and no crossing guard at the elementary school.

I’M A BIT CONFUSED. It is OK for the federal and state governments to prohibit parents from marrying their children, to prohibit siblings from marrying each other, to prohibit close relatives from marrying each other, to prohibit polygamy, to prohibit people from marrying animals, and to prohibit people from marrying buildings Some woman wants to marry the Eiffel Tower. BUT it is not OK for the federal and state governments to prohibit same-sex marriages.

I WONDER IF THE First Lady will be attending the funeral of the murdered toddler in Georgia?

I WONDER HOW MANY of those people who showed up to get that food for free with all the bags and boxes really needed the food or did they just want another free handout.

WITH REGARD TO gay marriage, remember God didn’t destroy Sodom for serving 20 ounce sodas.

InChristLove
InChristLove 04/10/13 - 08:19 am
Don't see why a father can't

Don't see why a father can't marry his son or a mother marry her daughter since genetics and birth defects wouldn't come into play.....men can't have babies and the women can't impregnant each other. So hey.......open this pandora box and watch the complaining when the real ugly spills out.

seenitB4
seenitB4 04/10/13 - 08:20 am
Thankya

Thank you ICL......I was wondering if the females were here this am...

InChristLove
InChristLove 04/10/13 - 08:26 am
Yeah SeenitB4, was

Yeah SeenitB4, was comfortable just reading along until JTF made his "female" comment.

JTF, luckily females have the capacity to overcome the pain. If it meant you'd have wonderful, joyous, sex for the next 18 years would you take another hit?

SPARKSTER83
SPARKSTER83 04/10/13 - 08:30 am
Amen!!!!

Amen!!!!

justthefacts
justthefacts 04/10/13 - 08:33 am
ICL

Yes! Hey, gotta go. Good day everybody.

Dudeness
Dudeness 04/10/13 - 08:46 am
Republicans better not touch SS/Medicare

Last I checked, Obama wasn't a Republican.

seenitB4
seenitB4 04/10/13 - 08:51 am
In the AJC today

On sports page....great big pic of Tiger...looking goood & says Braves win 5th in a row....

Red Headed Step Child
Red Headed Step Child 04/10/13 - 09:08 am
The closest men can come to childbirth

is a kidney stone... having gone through both, I can tell you it's just as bad!!!

RoadkiII
RoadkiII 04/10/13 - 09:12 am
Why not them

When I got back to the truck this morning I was informed that it was my turn for a random UA. Tell me again how its fair that I have to be tested to earn the taxes that are given to.another who gets it free without the test. BTW, this is cutting into my productive driving time.

itsanotherday1
itsanotherday1 04/10/13 - 09:17 am
That is a deal #3,

Provided you quit collecting as soon as you have drawn what you paid in. Heck, I will give you what you paid in plus inflation if you will take "yours" and go away; so my children won't be subsidizing you when "your" money runs out.

Sweet son
Sweet son 04/10/13 - 09:39 am
Never passed a watermelon out of my front side but...........

have passed a few kidney stones and I have heard it's like having a baby! I /don't know about having babies but I do know about stones and at the time of passing I really like me some morphine and percocet.! :)

seenitB4
seenitB4 04/10/13 - 09:40 am
dichotomy
dichotomy 04/10/13 - 09:46 am
"THE REPUBLICANS HAD BETTER

"THE REPUBLICANS HAD BETTER not touch my Social Security or Medicare"

Well, at least the Republicans wanted to change Social Security for younger people who were not already trapped in the system and give them a chance to save for retirement in other ways. Obama wants to change the way the Cost of Living increases are calculated so that existing beneficiaries will lose purchasing power over time due to inflation and increases in the Medicare deduction and he also wants to put a CAP on how much of YOUR private money you can save in a retirement account.

There are only three possible futures for Social Security. A managed change over time (Republican), a slow agonizing death (Obama), or a collapse (which is most likely since stupid Americans will not acknowledge the mathematics and demographics).

seenitB4
seenitB4 04/10/13 - 09:50 am
sweetson doncha worry

You just have a great time in those mountains & doncha worry bout birthing no babies here in Jawja .....

Dang I wish we had a Tara in Augusta...yall know the yankees would spend the $$$ checking out Miss Scarlett & Rhett......we could even throw in some characters from Tobacco Rd...even put the dang thing out by Goshen Plantation area.....this would be the perfect week for bringing in the dough ra me....ICL could wear a plantation dress lke Scarlett did.....& ole Riverman could play Rhett......I think we could have a winner here....

I will ponder that today...gotta run now.....see yall..♥

allhans
allhans 04/10/13 - 10:23 am
I have been left in town to

I have been left in town to pet sit. Imagine!

Scanning the comments I think we need a little more Honey Boo-Boo for the visitors...don't want to disappoint.

(J.allhans)

AutumnLeaves
AutumnLeaves 04/10/13 - 10:28 am
Well, well, well,

It appears the street walker that disappeared for months is back just in time for Masters: the tall leggy "lady", with a shorter haircut than before (hmmm) with the Adams Apple, gray plaid overcoat, bare legs and cowboy boots. She? used to stroll up and down Deans Bridge Road and nearby communities. If she? makes a habit of it again, I will be calling to report her, especially after her coincidental? first re-appearance in front of our property, including a dangling cigarette, the morning of a very suspicious and dangerous incident. I'm not a betting person, but if I was....

itsanotherday1
itsanotherday1 04/10/13 - 10:40 am
Marriage

1. With siblings- The genetic outcomes for offspring is not good. The law is for them, not the siblings.

2. With parent/child- See number one, not to mention legalities surrounding incest for other very good reasons.

3. Polygamy- I'm not sure why that is illegal as long as it is between consenting adults. Maybe some tax implications there, but that isn't the root of the law.

4. With animals- C'mon! Marriage is by consent.

5. Buildings? Double c'mon! Keep this in the realm of serious discusssion.

As far as I'm concerned, "marriage" per se is a religious ceremony, and if a particular sect doesn't like gay unions, then they are well within their rights to condemn it. The government though, is not in a position to pick and choose, discriminating against one type of relationship over another when there are no legal, medical, or other concerns.

nocnoc
nocnoc 04/10/13 - 11:44 am
OK

I am headed down to wally world to re-purchase Blues Brothers.
Wife had sold it at the last yard & "forgot to tell me" she said.

ColdBeerBoiledPeanuts
ColdBeerBoiledPeanuts 04/10/13 - 12:13 pm
Here I sit Broken Hearted,

Here I sit Broken Hearted, came to comment, but, couldn't get started!!

InChristLove
InChristLove 04/10/13 - 12:16 pm
Marriage 1. With siblings-

Marriage

There is no offspring if it's two brothers that wish to marry or two sisters. Nothing different that two male or two female wanting to marry, except they happen to be siblings of the same sex.

Same as No. 1....no issue with siblings if Father wants to marry son or Mother wants to marry daughter. What's the problem with incest....once was taboo for same sex, no different than same sex within the family. If homosexuality is not sinful, then incest isn't either. (Right?)

No. 3 Pologamy? This will soon be acceptable.

No. 4 Animals? How do you know animals can't give consent. Ask anyone who is a zoophile and they will swear their pet gives consent and even enjoys sex with them.

No. 5 Building? I have to agree with you on this one? Weird any way you look at it.

carcraft
carcraft 04/10/13 - 01:14 pm
In Christ Love, the Ptolemys

In Christ Love, the Ptolemys in Egypt it for generations, the brother and sister married and ran the country!

Darby
Darby 04/10/13 - 01:15 pm
"Polygamists put bible thumpers,

who are against homosexual marriages, in a real conundrum, don't they?"

Is there a definition for "Bible Thumpers"?

mrenee2003
mrenee2003 04/10/13 - 01:16 pm
In Christ's love

Abraham didn't think incest was a sin. Did he? Start spinning, Christ's love.

mrenee2003
mrenee2003 04/10/13 - 01:21 pm
Darby

The definition for bible thumper is "Someone imposing his/her Christian beliefs upon others." Though I don't agree with imposing one's religious belief's on others it was not a nice term to use and I apologize.

Darby
Darby 04/10/13 - 01:25 pm
"THE REPUBLICANS HAD BETTER not...

touch my Social Security or Medicare unless they refund every penny I've ever put in to those systems."
Now that's really funny to the point of being hilarious. Obama chopped Medicare to fund his total failure, OBAMACARE, and now he has finally submitted his long awaited budget and what was his first priority??? Another big CUT in Medicare.

And yet some clueless Democrat rants that Republicans had better keep hands off HIS Medicare.

If there is a living cell anywhere in your brain, you gotta find that entertaining.

InChristLove
InChristLove 04/10/13 - 02:11 pm
Why the attack mrenee2003?

Why the attack mrenee2003? All I did was make some comments (tongue in cheek) in response to someone's list of different sexual relationships.

I guess some people are just mean and nasty by nature......

daphne3520
daphne3520 04/10/13 - 02:15 pm
Wondering about the First Lady is

facetious, at the very least! The war was won, WON, by the North, OVER 100 years ago. Put it to rest!!!!

InChristLove
InChristLove 04/10/13 - 02:25 pm
As for spinning........ Since

As for spinning........

Since scripture is not clear what blood relationship Sarah was to Abraham, it would incorrect to speculate (as you have done). Abraham's statement to Abimelech, King of Gerar, could have been due to the fact that culturally in Mesopotamian where Abraham was from, mayying a half-sister was acceptable but not so in Egypt or Gerar and it's possible he felt his life was in danger. It is also speculated that Sarah was actually his niece and not his half sister, the daughter of his brother, Haran's.

I suppose it really doesn't matter what we think, the important fact is that God valued Sarah highly and called her "mother of nations", the mother to Isaac. He also delivered her from Abimelech and evidently proves he considers the marital relationship between a man and his wife highly important.

So merenee2003, what spin do you wish to put on this?

Humble Angela
Humble Angela 04/10/13 - 02:44 pm
Does it seem odd to anyone

Does it seem odd to anyone that it is a federal crime to destroy a bald eagle fetus, but a federally protected right to destroy a human fetus?

Red Headed Step Child
Red Headed Step Child 04/10/13 - 04:39 pm
Imposing beliefs

So it's OK for non Christians / atheists to impose THEIR beliefs on Christians?

Georgia to monitor potential Ebola travelers

Georgia is one of six states that will soon begin active monitoring of all travelers from three Ebola-stricken countries in West Africa for the 21 days during which they could develop an infection ...